Jamie Lawrence Reviews

8 | Makawao, HI

8 Reviews for Jamie Lawrence

Catherine · Married on 08/13/2014

AMAZING!! Jamie has a magical voice!! My husband was very picky about who would play our song while I walked down the isle and when he found Jamie and heard him sing, his decision was easy!! We also had Jamie play for cocktail hour and had so many of our guests say how amazing he was. I'll never forget hearing our song as I walked down the isle!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Erin · Married on 05/17/2014

Jamie Lawrence performed (sang and played guitar) during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and a live performance of the Hawaiian Wedding Song during our reception. Jamie was the absolute highlight of the event! The only song I specified was my walk down the aisle, which was a song that Jamie hadn't heard before, but he learned it and practiced it before the event, and absolutely nailed it! Every other song was his choice, and he came up with the most fitting, beautiful songs for every moment. Jamie is incredibly talented and I would recommend him for any event!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Dawn · Married on 10/03/2013

Our day was made even more memorable by having Jamie sing at our wedding. He began with George Strait's I cross my heart. He also sang the Hawaiian Wedding Song, Kenny Chesney's Me and You, and several others.
    Having him play his 12 string guitar and singing on the beach was a special part of our wedding that made the day.
    So friendly and such a beautiful voice, his guitar playing outranks any others that I have heard.
    You can't go wrong with having Jamie sing at your wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Beautiful voice, accommodating to requests, easy going Aloha spirit. If you're looking for something other than iPod that will make your ceremony and/or meal service unique, Jamie is perfect.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jarett · Married on 05/04/2011

I think everyone that's ever heard Jamie agrees his voice is beautiful! I had no idea what I wanted for my wedding the whole time I was planning (makes planning a wedding really hard!), the one thing I knew I wanted was Jamie singing 'Maunaleo' as I walked down the aisle. From the moment I heard him singing the song on his website I was hooked, then I found him singing it live on youtube and I knew I had to have him singing that at my wedding. I have watched that video sooooo many times over the last 6 or 7 months and when it was finally time to walk down the aisle it was almost surreal seeing him singing that song live and in person :) We booked Jamie for an hour so he sang before, during, and after the wedding and it was fantastic, that man is truly gifted!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Noele · Married on 02/17/2011

Jamie is sooo talented and truly special guy. He did our ceremony music and cocktail hour and then DJ came and took over. I had a special song I asked him to learn for my walk down the aisle. He was worried he couldn't do it justice, but it was amazing! Everyone commented how great he was. He also plays at local venues in Maui and we went to watch him and had the best time!

Sent on 03/16/2011

Kayla · Married on 02/28/2013

Jamie did an amazing job at our ceremony and cocktail hour. I wish I had a cd of the music he played at our wedding as a keepsake - was just a really nice touch to have live music. It was nice that he walked around during the cocktail hour vs. staying in one spot, so all of our guests got to enjoy him. Thanks again!

Sent on 01/09/2014
  • F

Su-Yin · Married on 05/06/2011

Jamie is a truly gifted and amazing guitarist and vocalist. We hired him for our wedding dinner music entertainment and he also performed a special song for our first dance. Our guests truly enjoyed every song he sang and every moment that he was there. I would not hesitate to recommend his services! He is a delightful person inside and out - he greets everyone with a smile and made us feel truly at ease on our wedding day.

The only downside I can identify (if I had to) is that all correspondence and bookings are dealt via his wife's coordination company (Tropical Maui Weddings) - almost like an agent, as Jamie doesn't deal with couples directly. Since we decided not to hire their coordination services, we felt a bit uncomfortable with the correspondence at times. We weren't permitted amplification in our venue and it was problematic to get agreement on this at first. Quoted rates were also higher than other musicians, likely due to popularity and demand - although every penny was worth it!

As a person and musician, we want to recommend Jamie most highly to other couples. Our wedding reception would not have been the same without him. I even purchased his CD and listen to it from time to time. His voice and music have left a lasting impression on us and our guests!

Sent on 06/16/2011