Jamie D'Agostino Makeup Artistry Reviews

Jamie D'Agostino Makeup Artistry 3
Jamie D'Agostino Makeup Artistry 4
Jamie D'Agostino Makeup Artistry 5

Heather · Married on 05/28/2011

I got Jaime’s information from my tuxedo rental shop. I am so happy that I did! She is the sweetest person that I have ever met. I do not like to wear a lot of makeup and she kept me looking simple and natural while making me look like a knockout for the wedding. I had tried a vendor before Jamie and as soon as Jamie walked through the door I knew that she was definitely someone different/special. She is easy to work with and will make herself available if you have any questions. She is not over priced and does not add on additional charges (such as a fake eyelash charge). I recommend her to anyone! Check out her website!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Madeleine · Married on 09/10/2016

It was really important to me to find a company and a hair/makeup artist that I could completely trust; no one wants to be worried about what they look like on their wedding day. Jamie was kind, enthusiastic, and flexible when I reached out about hair & makeup for me and three bridesmaids. I did a trial, where I got to meet Esma (who did my hair & makeup for the trial and the big day); what a funny, calm, incredibly talented woman! Esma listened to what I had in mind and executed flawlessly. We even texted between the trial and the wedding day when I thought of specific tweaks. And, closer to the date when my mom decided she wanted to have her hair done both Jamie and Esma were incredibly accommodating and added her into the rotation. Ashlynn, Lexi, and Jamie joined for wedding day to get everyone done in a flash. It was so fun and easy and we all looked great throughout the evening (even in 100 degree heat!)

Sent on 12/05/2016

I cannot praise Jamie enough! Her website does not do her work justice! I booked Jamie for my wedding and cannot wait to book her again. She was extremely flexible and also the most affordable! My bridal makeup was amazing, not to mention my bridesmaids', my mother's and my grandmother's. Everyone looked and felt gorgeous! Everyone's makeup photographed beautifully, even 8 hours later on a hot, humid day! Jamie is one of the sweetest women I have ever met and I truly look forward to working with her in the future.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Jessie · Married on 09/20/2014

As a person who doesn't normally wear make-up, I was very nervous about my wedding make-up. I wanted to look special for my wedding day, but I also wanted my husband to recognize me. The look Jamie provided was PERFECT. I cannot stop looking at the wedding photos. She enhanced my natural look without making me feel like I had make-up caked on everywhere (I had that look done recently by another make-up artist for a friend's wedding and was NOT a fan!). Having never had fake eyelashes, I was nervous about that part too (especially because my eyes are really sensitive to make-up), but Jamie made sure I was fully comfortable with everything before she left, and it all turned out perfectly.

I also had Jamie do my hair, which turned out really well. What she ended up doing for the wedding was a little different than what we discussed in the trial, but I didn't provide too much guidance either day, so that was probably more on me than her. Either way, I loved how it turned out. There were a few pieces of hair that just wouldn't stay back, which Jamie tried to fix before she left, but I think with the layers in my hair, it just wouldn't stick. Although it annoyed my mom, it didn't bother me too much throughout the night. If that's the biggest issue, it's not a big one! Also, she didn't cake on the hairspray so it all looked fake either, which I appreciated. I didn't have a helmet - my hair still looked and felt like real hair :)

Jamie and her daughter (who is VERY good at hair herself) also did the hair/make-up for some of my bridesmaids. Although she had another assistant cancel on her at the last minute, Jamie and her daughter were still able to get through everyone pretty quickly with only a slight delay. I cannot complain at all, because overall, I think everyone looked great! Also, Jamie is SUPER nice and easy to work with. She puts you at ease, both during the trial and the day of the wedding, when you're bound to at least be a little wound up!

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • Lauren

Lauren B Silber · Married on 09/14/2019

Loved working with Jamie and her team!

I had seven bridesmaids and changed the number of services we wanted a hundred times. Jamie was great at keeping track of everything and was super flexible when we wanted to add a few more services at the last minute. I also wanted to pay for a portion of my bridesmaids services, and Jamie was great working out the math with me so that she gave the correct "bill" to each bridesmaid the day of. Also one of my bridesmaids showed up with wet hair which Jamie specifically told me dry hair only (I forgot to pass that message along - SORRY!). The staff were really gracious and figured it out without having to involve me - which I was very thankful for.

Casey - my hair/makeup person was amazing. I'm not a "wedding person" so I really wanted pretty subtle hair and makeup. Casey helped me elevate my look so it looked special but not too over the top. All of the bridesmaids were really happy with how everything turned out. Thank you to Jamie, Casey and the rest of the team! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/11/2019

Hair & Makeup for wedding

I booked Jamie for hair and makeup for my wedding day and for the bridal party and mothers of the bride and groom. Unfortunately, Jamie couldn't be there that day but I knew of this before my trial and she had another stylist do my hair and makeup. Carrie was great and I loved my hair and makeup on the big day. The team of girls were very professional, listened to what each girl wanted and made sure they felt beautiful. Carrie even came to venue with us for a little while for touch-ups before the ceremony.

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved working with Jamie and her team!

Jamie was so great to work with. She is super sweet and very talented!! I was so happy with the way myself and my bridesmaids looked on my wedding day. Jamie was so great at working around our schedule for the day and making sure that we were able to get everyone done in time for my first look! She even offered to come back after her last wedding of the day to do touch-ups before our ceremony. I also found that Jamie's pricing was a lot more reasonable than the other hair/makeup vendors I found. So glad I found Jamie and we were able to work together!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

I used Jamie for my hair and make up the day of the wedding. She totally got my ideas and how I wanted to look, and wasn't afraid to make recommendations from her experience. The day of, we had 2 people for make up and 4 for hair, and she brought an extra person and got everyone done in plenty of time that they were able to do touch ups before leaving. She was super flexible with me adding people just a few days before the wedding also. It sometimes would take her awhile to respond to my emails, but I just learned to not expect a response right away. The price was a little high for me but absolutely worth it, I'm glad I went with her.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Cassie · Married on 06/11/2016

Jamie and team were amazing for my June 2016 wedding! Jamie came to my house to do my hair and make-up trial, and then her and Ashley did a fantastic job the day of with myself and all my bridesmaids. They are super friendly and VERY accommodating. They are professional and timely, which helped not being concerned or stressed over this portion of the wedding planning and day, and well priced! Can't speak highly enough and would recommend them every time!! You won't regret working with them.

Sent on 01/13/2017
  • C&C

C&C · Married on 05/25/2018

3.0

Jamie did a fabulous job with hair and makeup on our wedding day! My bridesmaids, mom, and I loved how everything turned out, and we all felt beautiful on such a special day. It took some time to get responses via email and on our wedding day I ended up calling to see when the team would arrive since it was a few minutes past the time they were supposed to begin. However, I was very happy with the final product and would definitely recommend Jamie based on her skills and quality of service.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Jamil · Married on 10/19/2019

Lovee Jamie!

Jamie was recommended to me by a friend who used Jamie & her team at her April wedding. I booked a trial right away and right off the bat I loved Jamie's personality & energy. She is so sweet and made me feel comfortable enough to tell her what I did and didn't like. She captured what I wanted perfectly & made notes of the things I wanted to put more thought into. No question that I booked her before leaving the trial!
    As we got closer to the wedding day, responses were a little delayed, which made me a little nervous, but eventually was fine. And unfortunately, on the day of my wedding, Jamie and her team were about 40-45 minutes late, so there was a sense of rush as they did their best to still meet my "need to be done by" time (which was appreciated).
    Make up & hair came out beautifully, but my hair didn't last as long as I would have liked, and the day after the wedding, it was brought to my attention that my bridesmaid was unhappy with her services. I reached out to Jamie personally and expressed to her my feelings about our experience, and she was receptive and willing to discuss further over the phone.
    Overall, I'd go with Jamie again, and would love to work with her again.

Sent on 11/27/2019

Katie Ellis · Married on 10/04/2019

3.0

Great, natural looking makeup!

We had Stevie and Samantha as our hair and makeup team for our wedding. They were prompt (while our group was a little behind) and prepared. They were able to do hair and makeup for me (the bride), 2 moms, 4 bridesmaids, and a groomsmaid in 5 hours without it feeling rushed. Stevie was great with makeup, asking people questions and starting light for people who don’t normally wear a lot of makeup and adding more if it was needed. Stevie did both my hair and makeup, for the trial and the day of. I was glad that I did the trial because I usually don’t wear makeup, so Stevie and I were able to try different things so that we knew what the game plan was for the day of. The only issue we had was the hair comb I had in my hair fell out a few times after Stevie and Samantha had left, but we were able to remedy it with some bobby pins. Jamie, the owner, is very nice and all communication is through her. There were a few times that I had to send a follow-up email to verify she had received my email, but overall, everything was great.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Elana · Married on 10/07/2018

3.0

Great hair, fun to hang out with

Jamie's team was great on my wedding day. She sent Ashlynn and Stevie, and they did a great job doing hair and makeup for my sisters and mom / mother in law. They were great at doing different styles depending on what each woman wanted, and everyone looked beautiful. We also had fun chatting with them (which was important, because they were at our house for a long time!). They were also super organized with keeping us moving quickly, so that everyone was ready on time. Our wedding day was pretty humid, but everyone's hair and makeup held up very nicely in the heat, and with a lot of dancing!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Julia KW · Married on 10/19/2019

4.2
      2.0

Enjoyable experience

I was the bride who received hair and makeup. I enjoyed my trial and final session. 7 bridesmaids received services which ran smoothly through the two stylists on my wedding day. The stylists were easy to work with and made sure you were comfortable through every step. Email responsiveness was lacking which they would admit too. My hair was perfect for the whole wedding night. My skin reacted very oily to the makeup so I had to blot my faced several times to reduce the reaction. Overall, I had a positive experience.

Sent on 10/31/2019