James Lister Photography Reviews

10 | Catonsville, MD

10 Reviews for James Lister Photography

Jim was great to work with at our wedding. Close friends of ours had used Jim as their wedding photographer and after seeing their wedding photos and meeting with Jim and his wife, we knew we were in good hands. Jim sent us a slide show within a week after the wedding with some of the pictures he took, and they are amazing. Jim is professional in everyway and we highly recommend him for your wedding photographer!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2011

We loved the pictures Jim took at our wedding! He was very flexible, even when the weather wasn't what we had hoped. Jim even worked with us to get some neat artistic shots playing tennis in our wedding attire. He is very professional and always responded to my emails very quickly. We were so thankful to have Jim photograph our wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Kate · Married on 03/12/2011

Jim Lister was polite, professional, and very respectful. He also did a great job with capturing photos of my family, who can never keep their eyes open.

Sent on 04/06/2011

Patricia · Married on 08/20/2010

I met with Jim and knew right away that he was perfect for our wedding day! He was very reasonably priced, and included our free engagement session in his package. He and his wife both took incredible shots at our wedding, and we received numerous compliments from our guests regarding his professionalism. He took a total of 800+ photos and was able to include all of our guests in at least 1 picture. A few weeks after the wedding we also received a leather binder with 2 cd's. On the cd's were all of our wedding photos. We own the rights to all of our photos! Try getting that from another photographer!!! In all, Jim is very easy-going, professional, affordable, and an overall pleasure to work with!!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Nicole · Married on 05/23/2009

Jim Lister is a very flexible, understanding, affordable and very talented photographer. First, for our engagement session, he traveled an hour away from his location at no extra cost to take pictures at the beach for our beach themed wedding. He took 100 fabulous pictures just to make sure that we found the perfect picture for our signature board. Our wedding pictures were outstanding and very beautiful. He took about 700 pictures and sent 2 high definition DVDs as well as posted our pictures online. He also left business cards with our engagement picture and the website and our password for guests to access the pictures as well. When he sent us the DVDs, he suprised us with a leather DVD binder with my husband and my name as well as our wedding date embroidered on it. When you open the binder there is a high definition 4x6 picture of us on the left and the 2 DVDs with a picture of my fathers and I walking down the aisle on the front. What a lovely surprise. He is very easy to work with and a fabulous photographer (his pictures are so clear). He goes out of his way to make you happy. I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Susan · Married on 02/28/2009

Jim is a great photographer! My pictures were beautiful, with lots of candid shots from the reception that were priceless. We ended up with a nice combination of posed, candid and artistic shots. Jim was willing to work with us within our budget which we appreciated greatly. The best thing is he got so many wonderful pictures of the reception, but yet you didn't even realize he was taking the pictures. One of my husband's friends who is a sports photographer even commented on his professionalism to us at the reception. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2009

Heather · Married on 12/06/2008

James Lister treated our special day with complete professionalism. His unique style of photography yielded beautifully artistic photos that truly captured the moments. His approach to the event allowed the photographs to show the occasion through the eyes of the guests. His compilation of photos of the event illustrate as storybook, exposing each emotion as they happen. I recommend Mr. James Lister without hesitation and will continue to do so with friends and family.

Sent on 03/19/2009

Pamela · Married on 11/01/2008

My wedding pictures were amazing! Jim captured every moment of the day, in a creative way, and that is exactly what I wanted. He was also very pleasant to work with. I will highly recommend him to every 'bride-to-be' that I meet.

Sent on 06/04/2009
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2014

I recently used James Lister as my photographer for my wedding. I met with him and looked over his books and he was able to answer all my questions. He convinced me not to buy a wedding album up front that it would be better to wait and create something that I will enjoy later. He informed me that he didn't do a lot of posed shots that he preferred to shoot more candid. We took a few posed but the rest of the photos are of the wedding guests having fun. A week or so after the wedding he sent me an email with a mobile link app of some of my wedding shots that I could download at that time. Another 2 weeks after that he sent me an email sharing a link of an online website that I could see and share the rest of my wedding photos. I am currently waiting for a customized flash drive of all the photos as well. He was great to work with and I hardly noticed him at the wedding but I know that he took amazing photos.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Allie · Married on 03/21/2009

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

My husband and I totally forgot Jim and his partner were there and he got so many candid shots (requested) that we love all 600+ shots!!

Sent on 04/07/2009