111 Reviews for James Cress Florist

Flower Petals (2)
Clean Up (1)
Single Flowers (1)
103 James Cress Florist Reviews

Staff was so helpful and amazing with making my flowers come to life the way I wanted them to on my special day!! We received so many compliments at the wedding. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Katherine , 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Excellent service and quality of flowers. On time delivery to the venue. All requirements were outlined in the contract. Very flexible on allowing us to provide the containers for the floral arrangements. Highly recommend James Cress Florist.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Gary created centerpieces, lighting and decor that fit exactly with what my sister envisioned for her wedding. The flowers were incredible and really brought the whole "vintage" feeling together. It was elegant and whimsical and spectacular. The lighting was perfect. It set a relaxing and gorgeous setting for the dining area and created the exact ambiance that we wanted. The twinkling lights/fabric he placed on the dance floor added just the right touch.
I would recommend James Cress to all my friends. They worked with our budget and gave my sister exactly what she wanted and helped make her wedding truly unforgettable.
Thank you!

Profile Picture Marie, 6/15/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I met with Brandon and of all the florists I met with he seemed to get me and my vision for the day the best!
They were on time, they were professional, and I think the value for the money was spot on. The only reason I'm giving them 4 1/2 instead of a 5 is due to my girls bouquets being on the small side. I had asked for large round bouquets of Baby's Breath, what I got was not that. They were small, and not full at all. So this was a slight disappointment, but overall I was happy, looking back I wish had them mock it up first just to make sure we were on the same page.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Brandon and Barbara were such a pleasure to work with! From our first meeting we knew we made the right choice. They really care about their brides and want to help as much as possible. Brandon even showed up at our venue on the day of the wedding to make sure all of our centerpieces turned out perfectly! I can't recommend them enough.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jess, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Everything came out beautiful! People are still talking about my flowers and how they lasted so long. Everyone wanted to take home the centerpieces. They are willing to work with you even to the last minute, as I changed things often, even up to the week of to make sure it was perfect. Its hard to put you many visions and pinterest pictures to your own set design, but they were able to do that for me given what I had. They executed my vision perfectly! I highly recommend them. They maybe on the higher price, but are willing to work with you and are worth it.

Profile Picture danielle, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I recently used the services of James Cress Florist to create an alter and centerpieces for my daughter's wedding at Insignia Steak & Sushi. We were extremely happy with the ambiance their work created. The room looked elegantly romantic and stunning. We received many compliments from our family and friends. I do recommend supplying them with pictures of what you would like. We printed pictures out from Pinterest, and they did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture Jeanine, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My Husband and I utilized James Cress as a florist for our wedding. Ultimately the flowers, arrangements, centerpieces and bouquets were beautiful. They were fresh, the correct flowers requested and were arranged perfectly. The planning process and communication within the business could use improvement. I originally met with a representative 6 months prior to our event. Our vision was discussed, great recommendations were made and all seemed to be set according to what we wanted. Two weeks prior to the event I was notified that the original representative had left the business and there were several details that had to be finalized. Based on this we met with another representative who again discussed our vision and added to our prior record. After this meeting I was contacted on several occasions to confirm details of the arrangements that were already discussed. Without knowing fully what happens behind the scenes the impression that given was a lack of communication between the different moving departments and staff in the business. While attention to detail is appreciated and the flowers were beautfil the planning process could have been easier.

Profile Picture Erin, 2/11/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

I've used James Cress for several affairs in the past and their quality and professionalism cannot be beaten. Their designer created bouquets that were gorgeous and more than met my expectations.

Profile Picture Marci, 1/15/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Delivery, Set Up
3.6

There were many hiccups in my floral planning process due to multiple changing of hands during the time of my wedding planning; during this time my files were lost, my floral arrangements were not what I had originally planned, and communication was not there. However, when all was said and done, James Cress did right by us and handled these issues very professionally. They ultimately delivered what we wanted and did it beautifully. Our flowers were lovely and the staff that have been there a long time are truly wonderful.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/23/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Bouquets

James Crest did an amazing job on bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding!!!! My husband and I had a specific vision for our fall themed wedding and JC made it become a reality!!! They went above and beyond to make our wedding day flowers personalized to our liking. We had a budget for our wedding flowers and JC stuck to that budget and still provided me with my floral requests!!! We highly recommend them!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nicole, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Words cannot express how happy I am with the service I received from James Cress florist for my wedding on Oct 7th 2016. Cezar and his whole team were incredible! I had a very detailed vision of what I wanted my wedding to look like and they far exceeded my expectations! I met with Cezar several times to review various details for the wedding reception, ceremony and bouquets. Cezar and his assistant sat down with me and took time to make sure I felt very comfortable and secure with all the floral pieces that were created. What impressed me the most was the amazingly gorgeous floral wall that was specially built for me and my wedding. Seriously!!!! Who does builds a floral wall from scratch? James Cress! Cezar created a design that was so beautiful and so life like I actually asked him to create a smaller version for my new home. Also, my husband and guests actually thought the flowers were real! All the centerpieces and the decor on my deis table, cake table and gift table were extraordinary! They did not skimp on anything. Every piece was quality and better and more beautiful than the next! They even used various sizes in votives and candles which I never expected that added a special touch. I remember walking into my reception room and being absolutely blown away with the decor. I couldn't believe that was my wedding, I felt like a celebrity. Thank you so much to Cezar and James Cress for your dedication and extraordinary service. You are one of a kind! Do not hesitate to use them for your wedding day, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Crystal, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Beautiful flowers - exceeded my expectations!!

Profile Picture Kara, 7/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Gorgeous flowers and they completed my vision perfectly! Go in with flowers that you specifically like and they will be sure to include them in your arrangements. We had bought candle stick bases and hurricanes and James Cress perfectly put our vision together with lights, baby's breath, candles, keys and gorgeous flower arrangements. My only concern was the bouquets we carried started to wilt. It was one of the specific sage green pieces (maybe lambs ear?). I loved loved them in the arrangements and requested them but wish I was warned that they might wilt. Everything else was perfect! Thanks so much!

Lauren and Dan

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements
2.3

Completely disorganized. My wife made an appointment with one person and was met by another. In total she dealt with 3 different people. Each of which had different notes on our wedding. We showed them a photo of what we wanted for our wedding. We were assured it would work with the price we were quoted and we got something completely different. The center pieces weren't bad but they were not even close to what we wanted. Luckily for this vendor the bouquets for her and the bridesmaids turned out good. I am amazed by the amount of great reviews. I guess our wedding was the one they decided to screw up on. I expected more and I will not be using this vendor anymore.

Profile Picture Tom, 5/22/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

We are so pleased with our flowers. Everything was so beautiful. Gary was extremely helpful. Every call I made and email I sent I was responded to promptly. All questions were answered. They worked with the ideas that we had. I am horrible with flowers and colors and they gave me all the right directions and ideas. I greatly appreciate all the help we received. Would recommend them to friends and family and I have. One of our friends just recently booked with them.

Profile Picture User4099834, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

James Cress gave a great price and made the most beautiful center pieces. They were easy to work with, not pushy, and completely understood my vision!

Profile Picture User5263815, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We absolutely loved our flowers from James Cress Florists. From the very first meeting with Gary and his assistant we had a wonderful experience. They helped us pick our dream flowers and the flowers were even better then we could have imagined. Brides and bridesmaids flowers were stunning. So many compliments on our centerpieces! If you want beautiful flowers go with James Cress Florists..you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/5/15, 5 Reviews
3.8

Initially Gary sold me, he is personable and willing to help you out. Explained we would get free boutonnieres and that we didn’t have to put a down payment down until much later. He was all about you and making sure you get what you wanted. I met with him 4 other times throughout the 1.5 years of planning, each time I got less confident in him. The initial sample for the center pieces was great we had a few changes but it was what I wanted, the 2nd time I came in, it was completely different, because he got mixed up. The day of the wedding the centerpieces were exactly as I wanted and so were the bridesmaid bouquets. They did mess up my bouquet, which we went over numerous times. It was supposed to be a cascading orchid bouquet with some small blush roses put in. The day of the wedding I got a cascading rose bouquet with all pinks, oranges, and blush. I was upset because I paid extra for the orchids and there wasn’t any. Someone came and tried to fix it, but it was already made, she added some orchids to it and tried to make me happy. Throughout the day the pieces she fit in fell out. We also had an arch put in where we were getting married, It was supposed to be drapery and then the top all flowers… they did do the drapery but there was just flowers on the two top corners. So there was a lot of miscommunication, which is frustrating because I am from out of town and came down for 4 meetings with them but it was still messed up. For the high price they charge, they should take better notes because thy are pricey and you are paying so much for things to go right. They did drop off the centerpieces that were left at the reception to my house, which was very nice. All and all they do good work, but there is a very big disconnect and I would use them for smaller events but not a wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Gary is terrific! He helped us so much and knew exactly what I wanted! Made this process a breeze and was very friendly!! Highly recommend !!

Profile Picture Kim , 3/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Gary's creativity and attentiveness made our floral arrangements and accents absolutely stunning! The moment I walked into the venue and saw his work I was overcome with joy! Highly recommend Gary Cress!

Profile Picture Natalie, 12/31/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

GARY CRESS, of James Cress Flowers- FABULOUS GARY!
You are so truly fabulous, magnificent, professional, amazing, talented and one of a kind. THANK YOU for going up and beyond to make our Wedding a true Christmas Winter Wonderland. You made things go so smooth for us, especially with me living in California, and planning a Wedding in 7 weeks that was in New York. You saw our vision, and you gave us what exactly what we desired - something beautiful and unique, that represented who WE are. All of our guests and families were in awe, and still are. And most of all, you truly cared about us. WE THANK YOU SO MUCH and LOVE YOU!

Profile Picture Deborah , 12/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

A month before my wedding, my original florist backed out of my wedding unprofessionally and I was left in tears trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces and pull this off in less than 4 weeks to go till the big day. Here's the kicker, that florist was a house vendor which is truly disappointing. I ended up going with Giorgio's other recommended florist, which was James Cress and all I can say is I should've went with them from the very beginning. Gary was amazing to work with. He was such a sweetheart, picking up this project so last minute and making sure everything was done exactly the way I imagined it. He emailed back right away every time (the other vendor was only prompt in responding to emails BEFORE contracts were signed and a ghost full of excuses thereafter with emails and phone calls) and answered all my questions and was always very reassuring me that everything would be okay. And at every appointment, he was such a sweetheart always sending me home with beautiful roses to help brighten my day.
And on the day of the wedding, Gary was nothing short of an angel. He set up my ceremony space in the most beautiful lights and rose petals. It all looked so magical, all my guests complimented how much of a fairytale it looked. My centerpieces were beautiful and romantic and all the bridal flowers looked amazing against the bridesmaids dresses. I don't know what else to say other than that Gary was wonderful in everything he did. I would recommend him wholeheartedly to everyone.

Profile Picture Chinh, 10/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I am speechless on how absolutely GORGEOUS my flowers were. Gary and his team decorated my reception way beyond my expectation and made everything absolutely beautiful. I can't thank them all enough for their time, knowledge, professionalism and talent when it came to my wedding. Would HIGHLY recommend them. THANK YOU GARY!!!

Profile Picture User3199189, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Beautiful work!!! So easy to work with and on time in the morning with the delivery of flowers!!! I would totally recommend them to anyone who is planning an event and will definitely use them in the future!! I have used them for my sweet 16 in the past and my mom and dad used them for their wedding 30+ years ago!! So happy we used them!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews