James Binnion Metal Arts Reviews

2 | Bellingham, WA

2 Reviews for James Binnion Metal Arts

• Anna

Anna · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I worked with James Binnion Metal Arts to have his mokume gane wedding band made. The whole process was seamless and the end result was absolutely beautiful. I worked with Joya and Terry throughout the process. Both individuals helped us go through all of the options of metal types, etching styles, width, etc. They also sent along a catalogue showing the portfolio of rings that could be offered. Since we were having the ring made remotely, Joya and Terry went above and beyond to make sure we understood every detail of our order. The end result was exactly what we were expecting and even more spectacular in person. We're still in awe. Thank you all so much at James Binnion! We highly recommend them to all.

Theresa · Married on 08/05/2007

My husband was excited about the mokume gane style of metalsmithing, both for its unique look and because it's similar to the technique used to make Samurai swords ;-) We searched several websites and liked James' style the best, and were pleased to learn he lives within driving distance of Seattle. We were able to visit his home and my husband tried on several sizes, widths, and shapes of rings. They had him take home a few different sizes and widths of cheap brass rings, telling us that you need to wear a ring at least 24 hours to know your true size since the finger changes size throughout the day. They told us to try the "cold water test" in the morning after wearing it all night - run his hand under cold water (makes fingers smaller) and shake vigorously to see if it would come off. They were very thorough and professional, offered us choices down to the half millimeter, and were patient with us as we were slow to decide and even changed the order.

It was more money than people typically spend on a groom's ring, but my husband has expensive taste and just loves that his ring was made specifically for him. Compared to other Mokume Gane style rings, this was a good value for the budget.