J'aime Bridal Reviews

J'aime Bridal 3
J'aime Bridal 4
J'aime Bridal 5

Allison · Married on 10/18/2015

I am still in love with my wedding dress from J'aime. It was priced the same at J'aime as other stores, so I know I was not overcharged. The salespeople are helpful and not too pushy. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses from J'aime. Unfortunately, all 6 of our dresses were too tight and none of us were able to breathe comfortably in our dresses at the wedding. I don't think we were measured 100% correctly. Nonetheless, I still feel happy with my purchase and J'aime.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Gorgeous bridesmaid dresses! Lovely boutique store in downtown Pleasanton :)

Sent on 12/24/2013

I had the best time picking out my dress here! The staff was so friendly and extremely helpful on what I was looking for. Each time they brought in a dress it was more and more my style! I loved how your friends and family could look around also, and bring you dresses to try on. Additionally, they let us bring in a bottle of wine to drink as we were trying on the dresses. I had a great experience here as their prices were within my budget, and they had great customer service.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Debi · Married on 12/31/2007

3.8
      3.5

I found the dress of my dreams at J'amie Bridal. in addition to having a great atmosphere, all the clerks are very helpful.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Janelle · Married on 02/11/2006

3.8
      3.0

a great experience of a lot of variety, a lot of styles, a laid back atmosphere

Sent on 02/18/2008

Allison · Married on 05/29/2011

3.6
      3.5

I'm torn, because I did buy my wedding dress, veil, and bridesmaids' dresses here; however, every step of the way was so difficult it seemed. All of the girls working here were so helpful and sweet but as soon as I had to deal with Jaime everything went downhill. She was always short with her answers and seemed in a hurry. She messed up orders and then never admitted that it was her fault. In the end she made it better by letting me choose a new veil from a selection of new stock after she ordered the wrong veil. I just felt like I wasn't being listened to whenever I worked with Jaime but overall their stock and prices are decent, and they are willing to go out of their way to order what you need.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Kelsey Morrison · Getting married on 05/02/2020

3.6
      3.0

Large selection but not a personalized experience

If you're looking for a standard bridal shop with lots of choices and a selection of colorful, basic bridesmaid dresses, and you already know what kind of dress you're looking for, this is the place for you. Unfortunately, I was looking for a more personal experience and this was quite a disappointment for me.

I was a few minutes late to my appointment due to traffic and when I arrived there was nobody at the front to greet me. A few minutes passed as I waited and I finally walked in and asked about my appointment. The woman I asked was a little gruff with me and said my attendant would be with me shortly. Eventually she came out but she seemed distracted and didn't really explain anything to me or my friends/mother about the process (this was the second store I went to that day, as well as the second store ever for trying on dresses and I was already a little anxious). As I was looking through dresses to try on, she said things like "oh that won't fit you" or "that shape won't look right on you" which I thought was really unprofessional. Like, isn't that what clips are for? When she was helping me in the dressing room she would sort of just hand me a dress and say "just find the floor" with a laugh. At one point during the appointment when I asked her who the designer of a dress was, she had stepped away to help another customer or employee and said "I'll have to check." It seemed odd to me that she wouldn't already know. She was a very nice woman but overall she just didn't seem very knowledgeable or attentive and it made me feel unimportant. I ended up liking one of the dresses I tried on, but I was so disappointed in the customer service that I didn't want to move forward with getting any info or taking measurements.

Maybe I expected more after going to a place that was the complete opposite, but it just wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

Sent on 09/01/2019

J'aime Bridal's reply:

Hi Kelsey - I’m so saddened to hear that was your experience on my store. If you’d be willing to give us another chance I’d love to help you personally. I’ll be reaching out to you. Thank you. Jaime

jeanine · Married on 05/02/2008

2.5
      2.5

My experience was great for my wedding dress but not so much for my bridesmaid dresses. The dresses arrived 4 weeks later than expected ( day before the wedding) and alterations were done the night before the wedding. Not something that a bride and new mom wants to worry about on the eve before her wedding day.

Sent on 09/26/2008

Helen · Married on 10/04/2008

3.0

My experience with the shop was mixed. I thought that Jaime (the owner of the store) was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating with the whole dress process. The other women and girls who helped me out were less knowledgeable and weren't very professional. The downside to this store is that they don't offer alterations in the store, but do have nearby recommendations.

Sent on 11/04/2008
  • User3519056 · 2+ years ago

2.2
      1.5
      1.5

I love my dress that I ended up purchasing from J'aime Bridal. The only reason I didn't give a better review was because I had absolutely NO customer service. I didn't even have a person greet me, I had to pick all my own dresses, try them all on, and pin them all myself with a friend of mine. I love my dress and got an excellent deal on it (as it was a sample dress) so I like the shop but the service is terrible.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Jen · Married on 03/07/2009

2.2
      2.0

I didn't order my gown here but I did order accessories for my bridesmaids. I ordered in Nov and they said my items would come w/in a month. By the end of Dec I hadn't received a call. I waited after the New Year to call in and they told me it would in the end of Jan. The end of Jan rolls by and again no call. I call in to find that my order was back-ordered and it would come in a few weeks. Mind you my wedding is the first weekend of March. Well my order actually doesn't show up until the week before my wedding. Now I guess its not their fault it was back-ordered by the designer. But they could at have at least kept me updated and told me earlier so I wasn't panicking.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Kellie · Married on 06/05/2009

1.8
      1.0

The first time I went in, everything was fine. They were nice and got the dress I was looking for, for a great price. I did not buy shoes or a veil from here, because I found both for extremely cheaper prices elsewhere. Then things all went down from here. My dress came in and it looked very ivory to me. Well since they did not have swatches to prove otherwise, it had to be sent back. In the mean time I ordered my own swatches, which you think they would have on hand, to match with the dress when it returned. When it came back it was the right color, but if they had the right materials on hand in the first place it would have never been sent back. Then I took it to the alterations lady, Monika, who they recommend. She did a great job, but was pricey. On the day of pick up from alterations I was to bring it back to the store to be steamed. Jamie, the owner told me to let them know when I would be bringing it back and they could have it steamed in 30 minutes. So I had called ahead about when I was coming. I get there and one girl is working and tells me she can't do it in 30 minutes, that it takes about an hour and a half because she had to help other customers as well. First of all the store was empty and second of all, call another employee. So since my mom and I drove from an hour away we went to have lunch in the mean time.
    Plenty of time went by and we went back to the store. Thinking we would just be picking up the dress and were good to go, they tell us it is not finished and the steamer keeps going out. Well that is not my problem, get a new steamer, and don't tell me one thing and do another. They could have called in that hour and a half to tell us what was going on. So seeing the dress it was not even close to being done, like she just started steaming it 5 minutes before. At this point my mother was getting upset and voiced her opinions, in a nice way, which they were lucky for that. Another employee who we had never seen before told my mom that she did not appreciate her tone and to take her concerns elsewhere. REALLY?!? Who else were these concerns supposed to go to??? So anyway we left the dress to be completely steamed and were to pick it up the week of the wedding. I went in that day and the steam job was still not perfect, there were 3 major creases right in front. Instead of embarrassing the owner in front of her clients, which I could have easily done, I just took the dress and ran. I was so tired of dealing with these people at this point I did not want them to touch my dress again. If you pay a large amount for a dress, the service should be excellent, in this case it was not. So I do not recommend them nor will I ever use them for anything else.

Sent on 07/21/2009

0.8
      1.0

I was so incredibly disappointed with the service, selection and attitude of this shop. Walked in excited to shop for dresses and walked out completely deflated. Knew what I was looking for and was told they didn't have many in that style because they just weren't popular styles and was shown options of dresses I didn't want. Tried the dresses on that we knew would be wrong, because we were there and were told they would look good on me. Assistant was rude and didn't help get the dress on - imagine having to step into a dress with a huge skirt and tripping, falling and just feeling awkward. Other places assist in getting the gown on - not here. Would not recommend this place if you are looking for service.

Sent on 06/05/2015

janice · Married on 07/28/2018

0.4
      0.5

I do not believe in posting bad reviews, but this time I have no choice.
    I don't care how frustrated you are with a customer, you never attack them in front of their child! We left J'aime's bridal today with my daughter scared and almost in tears after the owner went off on me because I asked the associate if I could talk to the owner about the alteration charge. Before I could say one word to her, she barked at me that I WAS going to pay the charge and that it wasn't their fault and I have been rude to her employees, this being said from the owner as she is yelling at me in front of my daughter in the dressing room. I've had many frustrations about these dresses and felt the associates have been quite indignant when I expressed my concerns. I have not once been rude, but frustrated. Nothing justifies the rant in front of my child by Jaime.
    I finally had to tell Jaime to walk away from me as I could tell this was frightening to my daughter and upsetting me. My daughter was afraid to walk past her on the way out of door. I have never experienced such an unprofessional act like this before.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Gina · Married on 10/27/2012

0.0

WORST SERVICE EVER!! If I could give NEGATIVE 5 stars I would!! Whatever you do, DO NOT go to J'aime Bridal for your wedding dress or bridesmaids dresses!!! The service here is AWFUL!! I never Yelp, and I signed up just to write this review because my experience was so HORRIBLE!

First of all my dress was ordered way too big and the person J'aime suggested to do the alternations did not do a good job... 3 days before my wedding I went for my final fitting and the dress was way too long, to the point where I was tripping all over myself. So they had to call the alternations lady in for an emergency alternation and I just had to hope she would actually get it right this last time- causing me way too much unnecessary last minute stress! As a bride you have enough to worry about 3 days before the wedding!

But the worst experience was the bridesmaid dresses I ordered from the store... the day of the wedding 3 of the 4 dresses would not zip and one even broke, to the point where my wedding coordinator had to seriously SEW the girls into their dresses. Needless to say the dresses had to be trashed after the wedding. And because of this we were delayed an hour and were not able to take pre-wedding pictures, I was pretty devastated to say the least. When Jamie was made aware of these issues, she did NOTHING to fix it or rectify the situation. These issues seriously almost ruined my wedding day and she could not have cared less. She promised to give a partial refund and then NEVER sent the refund!! I am appalled that someone like this even owns a business. This place deserves to be put out of business, so whatever you do DO NOT GO TO J'AMIE BRIDAL!!! You will regret it!!

Sent on 12/06/2012