Jaclyn Schmitz Photography Reviews

36 | Indianapolis, IN

36 Reviews for Jaclyn Schmitz Photography

In the three or so months that we planned our wedding/organized vendors and services, I knew that finding a photographer who was still available on that weekend might be tough. When I saw Jaclyn's work on her site, I was so excited to email her and see if she was booked already or not. To my surprise, she was free, and asking her to capture our wedding turned out to be one of the best and easiest decisions of the process! Because we booked her "long distance", we never actually met until the day of the wedding, but she made all the communication prior to that very easy and comfortable. Prior to and after our event, she was always quick to respond to emails and communicated very clearly with both my husband and I about expectations, cost, travel, timelines, etc.

The day of, she was wonderful as well! She was very patient with family; she remembered my vision for our photos from our previous talks and worked happily to make that happen (traipsing through fields, etc); and she was always present but only in the very best ways, capturing details, candid moments, and special memories without ever making things feel awkward or "posed".

We were thrilled when we received our final photos and saw how beautifully all her pictures had turned out!!! I'm a sap for little details, and one of our my favorite parts of our photos were all the shots she had captured of all the hand-made/personal touches we'd been intentional about including in our wedding. I also LOVED how beautiful the lighting was in all of her shots, and found that no matter what the situation (direct sun/cloudy/dark indoor light, bright sand, etc), each shot was exposed just right.

I'm so thankful to have all the special memories of our day captured in such a beautiful way and am so looking forward to getting our images printed and put up around our house to show off! We would highly recommend her for any event you might be having, and know you won't be disappointed with the images you receive!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Bridget · Married on 05/31/2014

Working with Jaclyn was so amazing and easy. Right out of the gate, beginning months before the wedding, Jaclyn was excellent at reaching out to me about all of my thoughts and expectations for the big day. She was genuinely interested in understanding our relationship, what's important to us, and how to capture our love for one another on our wedding day. I was familiar with Jaclyn's work because she photographed my brother's wedding, but working with her myself was better than I expected. When she arrived on the wedding day she was friendly and warm, but she got right to work. She walked right in and swept my dress away to take photos outside. It allowed me to enjoy the day. During the ceremony, I never even noticed she was there, but she still managed to get the amazing shots. The formals photos ran quickly and smoothly because Jaclyn had helped me make a plan ahead of time listing groups of friends and family from both sides whom we wanted photos with. However the most special time was when she worked with just my new husband and I. We walked around the venue, while Jaclyn captured our true love for each other. She gave us just the right amount of direction, while lettings us be ourselves. The photos truly captured the emotion, light, and happiness of the day. The colors were amazing and vibrant. Throughout the night Jaclyn moved around the venue capturing the special moments of the reception. Her "detail" photos were artistic and captured the special personal touches that we incorporate into the wedding. Her quiet, unobtrusive movements left people referring to her as the "photo ninja." Jaclyn had our sneak peek photos ready for viewing within 48 hours of the wedding. Our entire photo collection was available Jaclyn's website as well as a USB scan disc that was mailed to us. We absolutely LOVE OUR wedding photos. Working with Jaclyn was amazing. Her photos will be treasured forever and will help us to remember our wedding day as it really was, perfection!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Ben · Married on 09/07/2013

When I found Jaclyn's website and wedding galleries I was excited about the possibility of her shooting our wedding. Her photos capture those beautiful candid moments and really highlight the details that you don't always take in on the wedding day. After talking to her on the phone I was comforted by her professional but approachable manor. She has an ease about her and is just a friendly person.

On the wedding day Jaclyn ran around covering all of the major shots on our list and didn't miss a thing. We were in a small chapel and she managed to capture the entire ceremony without a hint of disruption.

We just received the link to our final photos and we could not be happier. They are amazing and are even more beautiful than we could have imagined. Jaclyn is the best I have seen and we are so glad we found her!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Jaclyn photographed my wedding this weekend. She had a calming, professional demeanor that made me feel confident in her abilities even before my wedding day, and she sure delivered! Our "sneak peek" left us speechless. Don't let this talent pass you by!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Jenna · Married on 07/27/2013

Jaclyn was great to work with - very flexible and accomodating. An amazing turnaround time for the photos also! I would recommend her to any bride looking. Amazing quality for a great price.

Sent on 08/13/2013

STephanie · Married on 06/22/2013

When we got engaged, the first thing we wanted to make sure we had under control was our photographer. Everyone we had talked to said that it was such an important piece of the day. Upon seeing Jaclyn's portfolio we knew we liked her style. Our engagement photos were wonderful and we had such a great time. When the big day came, Jaclyn was there to catch it all - getting ready, the ceremony, family and wedding party photos, and the reception - she really nailed it! She was with us until nearly the bitter end of the night, catching the Frisbee game, rugby goofiness, keg stands and as we sent our sky lantern's off into the beautiful summer night sky. We liked every single photo and the way she shot some of the "simple" things really made all the difference. We will sing Jaclyn's praises to all, and as our life grows and changes, we will know who to look to for our photography needs! Jaclyn - you are amazing - thank you!!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Heather · Married on 05/26/2013

One of the best decisions we made was choosing Jaclyn as our photographer. She's amazingly talented and really has an eye for great shots. We've gotten tons of compliments from guests at our wedding on how sweet Jaclyn was and how awesome the photos came out. In fact, many of our guests commented on how mobile she was-- "she was here, she was there; she was up on chairs; she was everywhere we turned!" We are totally comfortable recommending Jaclyn-- trust us, you won't regret it!

Heather & Brendan Shepherd

Sent on 06/26/2013

Kate · Married on 05/11/2013

I am so happy we chose Jaclyn to photograph our wedding! She was so calm and amazing through the whole day. She made sure to get lots of shots of everything happening before and during the wedding. The turn-around time for the photos was amazing and I can't wait to book more sessions with her in the future! Definitely the best wedding decision I made, besides marrying my husband ;-)

Sent on 09/29/2013

Gail · Married on 06/13/2015

Jaclyn was very profession and so accommodating. My daughter is from Massachusetts and we only had one day in Vt to meet all the vendors. Jaclyn had no problem fitting into our one-day schedule. We had some ideas of our own but also let her use her imagination for the pictures and all of them came out great!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Jen · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

Jaclyn did a beautiful job capturing both our engagement and wedding pictures. She was very relaxed, which helped us both relax! She gladly took our input for photo "must-haves" and offered her own creative expertise throughout. We very much enjoyed working with Jaclyn, and we are thrilled with the wonderful moments and love that she captured!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Caitlin · Married on 09/12/2015

Booking the right wedding photographer was so important to us, because we wanted to have beautiful images to remember the big day for the rest of our lives. I looked at probably every wedding photographer's website in Vermont (and beyond) and kept coming back to Jaclyn--we were looking for someone with timeless style (no trendy effects), and a reasonable price tag, who we felt comfortable with. Jaclyn was all of those things. I cannot stop gushing over my wedding photos! She did such an amazing job of flying under the radar that I barely knew she was there--in a good way! I just trusted that she was getting the job done, and she certainly was. The images are everything I hoped they would be. We had some unusual elements to our day, including a wild and crazy contradance, and she really captured the essence of the experience. We were also pretty disorganized and she kept the family and friends portraits moving as smoothly as she possibly could have under the circumstances ;) If you want a super nice, affordable wedding photographer who takes seriously dreamy photos you'll treasure forever, Jaclyn is definitely for you! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 02/11/2016