Jackie's Kitchen Reviews

65 | Bainbridge, GA

65 Reviews for Jackie's Kitchen

Sheila · Married on 12/13/2014

I have used Jackie's Kitchen for 2 weddings and have been very pleased with her food and services. She always goes above and beyond to listen to your needs and wants and is very easy to work with. I had 43 days to plan a wedding for 150 guests and since my son and his fiance and I do not live in the same town, I had many changes along the way. She was very patient and flexible as ideas were swapped and changes were made. All of the guests at BOTH weddings had awesome things to say!!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

C. · Married on 12/05/2014

Jackie was a wonderful person and caterer to use for my daughter’s December 5, 2014 wedding. From my first meeting with Jackie to the end of the wedding event Jackie and her staff were professional and great to work with. The wedding menu consisted of Prime Rib, Baked Herb Chicken, lima beans, field greens with fresh strawberries and vinaigrette dressing, mash potatoes and all tasted great. I received a lot of complements from our guest on the meal Jackie prepared for the wedding. Jackie’s honesty and reassurance that everything would be fine was very reassuring and kept me from turning into a momzilla. Jackie was always prompt at answering any of my questions either by phone or email. One thing that truly impressed me about Jackie is that she cares for each bride and has a desire that the day be as perfect as possible. One day I mentioned to Jackie that I was very stressed and to please pray for me…. her response was very touching to me which was she always prays over every wedding and each bride that she works with. If I need a caterer in the future Jackie will definitely be the caterer I will use again.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Verlonda · Married on 11/09/2014

You all are AWESOME!!! I was bragging on you all after my tasting with Jackie. Everything was amazing from start to finish, the food was great, especially the Shrimp and Grits, it's a must try...everything was done timely and professional. I had a mishap with the napkins but the staff member was so kind and actually folded a large amount of them for me, with no complaints. Most importantly I love that this is a Christian based business. I bragged about Kristy being so responsive and timely. I never had to wait for an email or an update. They always remained in contact with me the entire time. Finding a caterer was one of the hardest part of the planning process for me, I went to 3 other caterers before Jackie's Kitchen and all and the quotes were great and I knew the food would be great but when it came to responding back to me, they fell short. I felt so confident from the very beginning. I cannot thank you enough for everything, Thank you. You have far exceeded my expectations. Many blessings to you.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Cathi · Married on 09/20/2014

I chose Jackie's Kitchen as the caterer for my daughter's elegant, rustic wedding. Jackie is the dream caterer with which to work. As I began the search and interview process, I initially had 3 important criteria the cater I chose must possess: great food, great value, and easy to work with. Jackie checked each of these boxes right off. I gave Jackie some of my ideas and she helped me develop a fabulous, custom menu just for our event. Throughout the process she was so easy and accommodating. And can I say FABULOUS food.... it was over the top! Our guest just continued to RAVE about our food. I got asked "Who did this food? It is wonderful!" over and over. I have no reservations in highly recommending Jackie and her team for your event. You just can't go wrong with Jackie's Kitchen!

Sent on 09/30/2014

BHS Class of 2004 · Married on 07/26/2014

We hired Jackie's Kitchen to cater our 10-year high school reunion this past July. She worked with us on the menu and price and was very informative with each detail of the process. The food was as close to "home cooked" as it gets and the presentation were phenomenal! We received several comments about how delicious everything tasted and we couldn't be more pleased with the service we received! Jackie's Kitchen is, without a doubt, a 5-star caterer!

• I

Isabella · Married on 06/12/2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Jackie and her staff yesterday at my sisters wedding.......I must say that it was GREAT!!!!Everything was perfect and delicious!! i HIGHLY recommend them.Not onle everything was great but they wonderful. People that know how to make it happen!!!! Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Angela · Married on 06/12/2014

My sister discovered Jackie's Kitchen through a wedding venue's website and decided that we should contact them to cater my wedding. Although other ratings on this site made me worried, we emailed Jackie and her daughter Kristy kindly responded and assured us that everything would go smoothly. I can say that on my wedding day, the food was EXCELLENT! I received many compliments from guests saying how delicious the food was. Whenever we had any questions Kristy responded in a timely manner whether that be on the phone or email. Jackie let us schedule a tasting with her and me, my sister, & mother were very impressed. The day of the wedding, Kristy, Jackie, & her staff made sure everything went as planned and were so helpful. I am so glad we decided to choose them for our day!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Amy · Married on 05/25/2014

My fiance and I agreed that the food needed to be one of the most important things at our wedding so we couldnt settle on just any caterer. I did some research and meet with several caterers. We had a few tastings and we just werent impressed. I found Jackie's Kitchen on another vendors website and contacted them. We set up a tasting for my fiance and I at Jackie's home. Right when we meet her I knew that this was going to be it. Jackie was sweet and made us feel right at home. She reminded us of our mom and grandmother. She was so sweet and Her food was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She made us feel right at home .During the planning procces they were so good to me! I can't say enough about how wonderful both Jackie and Kristy were to us!!!!!! I wish I could give them 10 stars!!!! When It came time for the wedding they surpassed our expectations. Everyone at the wedding kept saying that it was the best food they had ever had. We had mac and cheese, crab cakes, buffalo chicken dip,pulled pork, etc.....so good!!!!!! Im getting hungry just thinking about how good it was. Miss Jackie does not cut corners by any means. She used realy crab and they were to die for. Anyone who could ever give this woman and her company a bad review must not know what they are talking about. I cant wait to throw another event so that we can hire them again. They were so professional and made our whole wedding experience perfect. Finding Jackies Kitchen was one of the best things we did for our wedding and we are so happy we hired them. Their prices were fantastic too! If you are getting married anywhere near the are they service you need to hire them. You will not be disappointed. Miss jackie makes her food with love and thats how food shoudl taste at a wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Misty · Married on 09/05/2013

Jackie's Kitchen was wonderful to work with from the very first meeting to plan my wedding. Kristy handled every little detail and worked it into a timeline that was perfect for my outdoor wedding held onsite. The grounds were perfect. Not a chair out of place. The food was wonderful and if you left my wedding hungry it was your own fault. Thank you to the attentive staff and Jackie for the perfect that you put together for us.
    Sincerely,
    Misty Loyd

Sent on 06/06/2014

Heather White · Married on 05/25/2013

Always friendly, professional, delicious!

I have had Jackie cater one of my children's weddings and subsequently I have hired her to cater on many occasions to cater our large monthly business dinners. The food is high quality as is the service. There is nothing I could ever say other than 'on point' always! always professional and courteous. I look forward to Jackie's food always!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Magen · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I were so pleased with the service and food that Jackie's Kitchen provided at our engagement party, we booked them for our wedding. It was held outdoors under an open barn and I was pleasantly surprised at how well Jackie's Kitchen pulled off their presentation, considering the venue had very little to offer for a caterer. Our original head count we gave them was around 175, but we unexpectedly had close to 300 guests in attendance. Mrs. Jackie came prepared and to my knowledge, we did not run out of food or beverages! She took care of every detail imaginable and made sure things went as planned. My only request was for her to fix a plate for my husband and I so we could have our first meal together in privacy before entering the reception. She happily did this for us and our food was fresh, hot and delicious! Her staff was extremely easy to work with and very personable. Going into the wedding planning, I had no clue where to start regarding a menu. Mrs. Jackie took the reigns and guided me through every step of the process. She was such a joy to work with!

Magen · Married on 05/21/2011

When my husband and I were engaged, we had the honor of being selected for an engagement party hosted by Brides Magazine. They took care of all the details, which included selecting Jackie’s Kitchen to cater the event. We couldn’t have been happier with their choice! Mrs. Jackie's staff was professional and prompt and the food was amazing! They took care of all of the details from setup to cleanup and were so easy to work with. We received several compliments on their food, as well as presentation. Job well done Jackie's Kitchen!!

Vince Lamia · Married on 05/06/2006

Amazing food, excellent service.

Take advantage of food tasting to select your ideal menu. Everything that Jackie make is delicious, so it will be hard to choose. Jackie is so helpful and insightful that she makes the whole process easy and delightful. And the food is AMAZING!

Sent on 12/09/2018

3.5

The food was absolutely amazing! The only negative point was that they brought a child with them to the wedding who often came into in an area reserved for wedding guests.

Sent on 10/17/2016

0.6
      1.5
      1.5
      0.0

We were thrilled to have Jackie cater our wedding and rehearsal dinner. We had met a few times and did a tasting, and we were really excited about the menu that we created together. When my husband and I sat down to eat we realized the food was FREEZING cold. I let Jackie know, and instead of correcting the problem immediately she became defensive. She blamed everyone for the cold food, instead of just resolving the problem. She argued with me and blamed everyone from the kitchen, to the venue, to the equipment, to our food choices and then my mother. When she left, she left us with none of the remaining food. According to her it was all thrown away, although it wasn't in the trash cans. A few days after the wedding I called her to discuss what had happened, and she again became defensive. She was totally unprofessional and told me that everyone liked the food except for me and my husband. I reminded her that persons that she was there to please more than anyone was my husband and I seeing as it was our wedding and we paid for it. After going back and forth with her and her contradicting herself over and over, she ended the conversation by telling me that no where in my contract did it say that the food was supposed to be served hot. After requesting some money back she did refund me a small amount of what we paid. But be warned that if you chose to use her, your contract should read that you expect your cooked food to be hot, because apparently that is not a given. I was very disappointed in her reaction and some of the awful things she said to me. Blaming my mother and then attacking me was completely unprofessional. My family from up north told me they thought it was a "southern thing" to eat your food cold, because all of it was freezing. People mistook our macaroni and cheese for Marconi salad. It was a total let down, and I am so sad that this is how it turned out.

Sent on 11/04/2013