Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant Reviews

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 7
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay Walton · Married on 10/26/2018

Excellent, would recommend

Jackie wrote us a beautiful ceremony, that described our relationship well and made us feel unique and special. She was so organized, giving us lots of information and tips along the way. We couldn’t imagine having any other officiant for our day.

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 8

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for this review! I am so excited that you had the perfect Tahoe fall day for your ceremony. Definitely a banner day for October and so fun to have your dad involved with the unity ceremony box. I love sharing tips and info that is helpful. Thanks for mentioning that!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2018

Amazing officiant

Jackie is fantastic! She really takes the time to get to know each couple she officiates. She incorporated so many personal details into our ceremony, it was truly so special. Jackie also has all of the little details handled, from a mint to a tissue to grab if needed during the ceremony. Things we would have never thought of! Thank you Jackie!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Jenna, for this review. I like knowing that you remember those little things. Your wedding was such an amazing day -- such a magical and intimate location. It was wonderful for me! Thanks for choosing me to be a part of it!

Allison · Married on 09/13/2018

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with Jackie's level of service and professionalism for our wedding ceremony. Jackie not only helped orchestrate a beautiful ceremony, but also created a personalized and intimate script that many guests complimented us on after the event. Jackie held a phone conference call weeks prior to the wedding to get to know us a bit better and her script really reflected our personalities and relationship. We would highly recommended Jackie. She made us feel right at home standing up in front of our guests and we couldn't thank her enough for helping make our day so amazing.

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 9

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Allison, for all of the details in your review. After your ceremony, a number of people commented to me that they loved it! It makes me so happy that you loved the things that made it personal. That is what I love about doing this work....thank you so much for this review.

L · Married on 08/12/2018

Jackie vastly exceeded my expectations of what I expected from an officiant. I was expecting a ceremony that was generally written and could apply to any couple. Instead Jackie allows you to craft your ceremony by offering options of readings, passages, types or vows or ceremonies to fit you as a couple. Even though, my wedding was last minute, she arrived early to meet us in person for the first time and made some day of edits based on this that made the ceremony even more special. She helps guide the day (and in my case, even fixed my train after walking down the aisle since my only guests were our mothers). Both of our mothers could not stop commenting on how much they liked the ceremony and its flow. She knew everything necessary for marriage license filing and mailed it off the first business day after the ceremony. She even sent me a reminder list of all the places I needed to change my name :) I feel very fortunate that she was available for my last minute ceremony and will surely recommend her to anyone I come across getting married in the north Tahoe area. Thanks, Jackie!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, L! I loved your intimate ceremony with your moms and your pup. I still chuckle that he was distracted by the woman next door. I'm so glad we could put together a special ceremony quickly. I love the laughs you two shared during the ceremony -- it was so natural! It was fun for me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you for this awesome review!

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Jackie is so sweet and did such an amazing job. From start to finish she was so warm and really got to know my husband and I. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful ceremony and we had tons of compliments on her ceremony. I would strongly recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jennifer, I am so happy to receive this review. Thank you very much. I enjoyed working with you both and I appreciate the calm sincerity of your wedding. I'm happy you chose me to celebrate with you. Thank you so much!

Ana · Married on 07/07/2018

Jackie was the very first officiant I looked at when searching for one. When we met her for the first meeting to decide if we wanted her to marry us we knew almost instantly upon meeting her. We wanted a ceremony based on love as opposed to religion and she was easily able to give us exactly what we wanted. She was so sweet and kept us comfortable and in the loop with what she was doing throughout the entire process. Jackie is amazing at what she does and is all around an amazing human being. She made our ceremony very personalized and silly and we absolutely loved it! I will be recommending Jackie to everyone I know getting ready to get married.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ana, thank you so much. It was fun dreaming up your wedding ceremony details with you! I love that you wanted to include some humor and I heard your friends and family chuckle a bit during the ceremony. It makes my heart happy to know that you had a ceremony that fit you both. I know you are going to have a fun marriage -- laughter together is the best!

Cara · Married on 06/01/2018

Jackie was such a pleasure to work with! From our initial meeting with her, to fine-tuning our ceremony, she was responsive, original, and flexible; our ceremony really felt like it was all about us which is just what we were looking for. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Cara, the spark between you was so evident. I love all that I learned about you and the love you all brought to the ceremony. Thank you for choosing me--I'm glad I was able to be a part of your ceremony.

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Jackie made our day so wonderful. I do not think that our wedding would have been so special if she had not been there. Jackie was accommodating to our religious needs and was an absolute delight to work with. Jackie also put up with our willful flower girl/dog. My husband and I feel so lucky to have been able to book Jackie for our wedding. I highly recommend booking Jackie as your wedding officiant!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Willful flower dogs are the best! That unknown factor can be so adorable. You all stole my heart. The elegance and "true you" nature of your ceremony was so lovely. And, I love that the harp played throughout. I'm so glad I was part of it!

casey · Married on 05/17/2018

Jackie was absolutely amazing! She really outdid herself. Jackie took the time to get to know my husband and I and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. She is such a genuine person and made us feel like we've known her forever. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further. Thank you so much Jackie, you are amazing!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 10

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Casey, thank you for this great review. I loved your ceremony and I still think my favorite moment was when Gunner barked right as you kissed! You two were elegant and fun and so focused on the right things! Thank you for including me in your wedding day.

Julianna · Married on 04/01/2018

We had a quick last minute elopement. Jackie was easy to communicate and really sweet and personable! The ceremony was exactly what we were looking for, short and sweet and in the mist of the beauty of Lake Tahoe.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Julianna, your spontaneity was so fun! The fun elements of your ceremony were a treat for me. Congratulations to both of you!

Katherine · Married on 03/31/2018

Jackie was a complete pleasure to work with right from the beginning. Our wedding was a destination wedding which we planned from out of state so we had to do all of the coordination over the phone or through e-mails. Jackie made the entire process not only easy and efficient, but also very personalized. Her experience and knowledge of the Lake Tahoe area was invaluable and critical for helping us chose the beautiful location and wonderful photographers, bakers, and florists. She was extremely flexible and helped us with the final touches - even bringing and arranging a table with elegant white table-clothes for our unity ceremony. The result was a perfect wedding that was exactly what we wanted. You can tell that Jackie is full of passion for officiating weddings; she loves what she does and that reflects in the beauty of the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better interaction. She made our day the best possible. We recommend her wholeheartedly.

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 11
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 12
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 13
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 14

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for this awesome review! I love how your families gathered close as we honored them -- and your quinoa unity ceremony was just so perfect. Thank you for inviting me to be with you and officiate. It was special for me, too!

Amy · Married on 01/18/2018

Jackie was an English major, so if you care about having an officiant who can use the right words to capture the sentiment that best reflect you, she is your person. We eloped, and had about a week and a half to plan and find an officiant. Jackie talked to us for over an hour on the phone to get to know us, then wrote a beautiful and personalized ceremony that captured our story so well. She is awesome!

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 15

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Your ceremony has crossed my mind a lot--but one of my favorite memories is the layout of rocks in a heart shape that the kids worked so hard to gift us with! I am very late responding to this review, but I appreciate it very much. Your ceremony helped me think about the ways that we all connect and the value in honoring each other's differences. It was beautiful.

Cathy · Married on 11/12/2017

We are *so* grateful to have found Jackie Phillips to officiate our last-minute, surprise wedding ceremony (held in our backyard, in front of just our kids and my mom). Her insights and guidance elevated our simple little plan to a much higher level than we originally thought we'd do, which made the day all the more special and memorable!

Jackie's professionalism was only outdone by her warmth and charm. She took the time to get to know us (in a very short period of time) and came up with a ceremony that nailed our quirkiness and personalities, and included our family in on the fun. Her guidance and timing were spot-on, and her follow-up impeccable: from checklists for obtaining copies of the marriage certificate, to all the steps required for name changes -- she even took photos after the ceremony and emailed them to us.

We couldn't have picked a better officiant, and can't thank her enough for bringing so much to our special day. If you're on the fence about hiring Jackie Phillips to officiate your wedding, do yourself a favor -- JUST DO IT!!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 16

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Cathy! I love that love = laughter and fun for you, Roy and your family. Right away, you opened your heart and shared that with me. I loved your energy and your great family. This review is wonderful--and so are my memories. Thank you so much!

shanna · Married on 10/13/2017

She was more then amazing! We talked with her prior to the wedding so she could get to know who we were as individuals and as a couple. All of her writing was so beautiful and personal, it really shows she loves doing what she does! She welcomed our families (dogs too) with open arms. She waited for myself (the bride) who runs a little late, with no problem. And put up with our handful of a best man that enjoyed giving her a hard time :) ! She made everything fall into place and answered all our questions. Our day wouldn't of been as special without her

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 17

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Bringing in your daughter and your pup into the ceremony made it so fun and unexpected. I will always remember how she leaned against my legs during the ceremony. It melted my heart! Such a precious moment for me and a beautiful and personal ceremony. Thank you for this review and all of the details you shared.
  • FutureMrsKnowles

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

Jackie was amazing to work with. She made us feel comfortable right from the start, and managed to take our vision and turn it into reality. She was the perfect fit for our touches of spirituality that were not mainstream, and brought them to life in such a beautiful way. We had a small pseudo-elopement and between her and our photographer, they were the best two places we invested in our wedding. Well worth every penny. Not only was our ceremony everything and more, she was always super helpful when we had questions about our marriage license, and the rest of the pulling things together process. Plus! She has a beautiful smile and is easy to laugh with and enjoy being around. We would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jessica, thank you for this awesome review! I loved escaping to the woods with you and being able to capture your thoughts and vision for your ceremony. It felt so at one with the environment and your guests--and your son was so engaged in the ceremony. It was my pleasure to be there and be a part of it <3

Barbara · Married on 10/08/2017

If you want an amazing ceremony and heart felt personal vows for your wedding then Jackie Philips is the only officiant for you! Jackie was our gift to having a perfect wedding. She not only wrote the full ceremony but also suggested personal touches that we would have never had thought of our selves. We still have people stopping us to share how our ceremony was unforgettable, perfectly unique, and customized to fit the both of us. Jackie wrote vows that helped our love for each other be expressed in such a passionate and meaning full way that we ourselves cried 3 times just reading over them before the ceremony. Jackie is very personable, easy to work with and communicate with. Jackie also has great professionalism. She was always on time and dressed respectful business attire. Our marriage license was sent to the records office the very next business day with a tracking link. She also was a big help with resources for changing our names. Our wedding was wonderful and amazing thanks to Jackie. Her creativity and ability to capture emotion and express them in actions or words will make your wedding memorable to all! Our day was unforgettable and our friendship we gained with Jackie is priceless.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 18

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Barbara, thanks for this incredible review! The love between you and Katelyn truly made the ceremony come together so beautifully. And, wanting to have your girls honored as a key part of your family and relationship was so touching. I'm so glad we could include them in meaningful ways. I love that we have met and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. I loved the incredible suspense that built up with your entrance and the amazing love that we all felt between the two of you. (This photo is so special -- thank you!)

Susan · Married on 09/24/2017

Finding Jackie Phillips to officiate at our elopement was a tremendous gift. Although we began as strangers, her warmth and care soon won our trust... we felt like friends in record time. I can't imagine a better experience, or a kinder, more professional, calmer person to entrust with our marriage ceremony.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Susan. I enjoyed our quick connection--and I really loved the thought and ideas you brought to your ceremony. It was so personal and special. I loved being a part of it!

Alexandria · Married on 09/23/2017

The best experience with any vendor. She really made our entire ceremony the most perfect thing. Definitely worth the money to make our wedding so perfect.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 19

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ali--thank you so much. I love the way your ceremony was lighthearted and full of smiles. You kept everything running so smoothly and on time--both for the rehearsal and the ceremony. Thanks for choosing me!

Kari · Married on 08/27/2017

Our experience with Jackie could not have been better! She wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us. We planned the wedding from Australia so couldn't meet her before the big day, but she went out of her way to chat with us and get to know us as a couple so that she could craft a personal and perfect ceremony. Many of my wedding guests commented that it was like Jackie had known us our whole lives, the ceremony was so perfectly tailored to us. It was a beautiful day that had everyone in tears, thanks to Jackie's touching words. She also was great with all the little details too and made everyone feel at ease on the big day! I highly highly recommend Jackie to anyone looking for a beautiful and personal ceremony that you will remember fondly for the rest of your life!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Oh, Kari--thank you! It was just so wonderful to be surrounded by your family before you arrived. The feeling was so positive and loving. I loved the intensity between you and James. It was my pleasure to be a part of your wedding!

Briana · Married on 08/18/2017

Jackie was amazing! My husband and I received so many compliments of how our ceremony was so "us." She simply nailed it! Jackie really took time and energy to create a personalized ceremony that fitted us to a T. We totally felt comfortable and calm with Jackie being our officiant. She was professional, thorough, organized, and so full of love and brightness!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Briana, thank you so much. You and Robbie were so in the moment. It just felt like the two of you were so happy. I loved hearing the creek running behind me during the ceremony. It was all just so beautiful.

Lindsey · Married on 08/11/2017

Jackie was a game changer. She is so organized and helped us with so much more than just the ceremony. She honestly loves weddings and truly cares for the couples she works with. We met over coffee and she asked us questions to get to know us and our story. She uses all this info to really personalize your ceremony. She made everything so memorable and we had multiple comments from our family and friends with how heartfelt and sincere the ceremony was. The ceremony was something that was really important to us and she nailed it.

Wedding Date: 8/11/17

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lindsey, somehow I missed responding when you wrote this review. Thank you very much for all of the wonderful things you have said. Our coffee date was fun and I'm glad we could meet in person. It gives me even more perspective on you two.

Morgane · Married on 08/05/2017

Jackie is the best. The ceremony was very touching and personal. She is also extremely organized and did everything to make us feel comfortable. I highly recommend Jackie!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi, Morgane. Thanks for this great review! I love that we were able to hold your ceremony outside even though it rained on and off. The international flare to your wedding kept things lively and fun--just like the two of you. I can't wait to see the photos!

Danielle · Married on 07/29/2017

We were so very pleased with Jackie and the ceremony she performed. We even had friends come up to us afterwards to ask how long we had been friends with her because the ceremony seemed so personal. She did such a wonderful job of tying in our personalities into the ceremony. It was beautiful and Jackie was a delight to work with. Our ceremony was just perfect and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Danielle, thank you for writing this review and sharing that your friends expected that we knew each other longer. That makes me so very happy. It tells me that I was able to get to know you enough to capture who you are--and it is one of my goals. Thank you so much.

Stephen · Married on 07/25/2017

Jackie was amazing in every way possible. Jackie took the time to get to know us, and treated us as if she was part of the family. My wife and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married. I couldn't of asked for a better officiant for my wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Stephen! This means double because I know you know the wedding industry. It was fun for me to meet you and to be a part of your ceremony. You both have such great warm and welcoming personalities, I felt like I knew you a lot longer! Congratulations!