Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant Reviews

91 Reviews for Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant

• Diego

Diego G. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Jackie is the best!

Jackie is BY FAR, the BEST option you can go with to officiate your wedding PERIOD.
    Like many, we had to change our wedding plans due to COVID-19. We first rescheduled our wedding, just to later realize we had to go ahead and cancel it. We were very saddened by this.
    Meg and I wanted to get married. In the pursue of our dreams, we decided to celebrate our wedding in Lake Tahoe (and what a great idea this turned to be, thank you babe!)
    The hotel we were staying sent us a big list of wedding officiants, although they strongly suggested JACKIE... later we found out why!! Jackie was an angel on Earth (borrowing my mother's in law description of her) ever since the beginning of our planning! With only 2 weeks to go, Jackie scheduled a meeting with us and what was planned to be a one hour conversation, ended up being a 4-5 hours of the most beautiful and heartfelt dialogue remembering some of the most amazing and wonderful moments throughout our relationship. Jackie took the time to get to know us, she invested herself in the process. She also became our wedding planner, and leveraging her vast experience, helped us plan THE PERFECT WEDDING! Jackie also took some notes and called my uncle and mother in law to get to know more about my wife and I. She did this because she CARED. Jackie wrote a custom ceremony, completely tailored for us, remembering my wife's wonderful dad, bringing our lively pups to the ceremony, and also providing the sweetest context for us to announce our family and friends that my wife is pregnant. She even brought a little gift for the baby, which she used as the unity part in the ceremony.
    Jackie, you are in angel in Earth. Both of us are completely biased with you, and can't recommend you enough. Jackie is genuine, caring, sweet, thoughtful and cheerful. You are an incredible human being, and we are completely fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know you! We love you and can't thank you enough for everything you did for us! If you want to have the BEST wedding, you need to call the BEST minister, you have to call Jackie. She's a very very special person, full of passion, that make you live in a very special way, the most special day of your life.

THANK YOU JACKIE! We look forward to seeing you again!
    Meg & Diego

Sent on 11/09/2020

Ricardo · Getting married on 07/10/2021

It was so awesome to have such a great person by our side when planning our wedding during Covid times, Jackie's experience, recommendations and professionalism definitely shines at all times. We had an amazing wedding thanks for Jackie, not only she composed an amazing ceremony, she also shared some recommendations that made our experience so much smoother. We were so fortunate to have picked Jackie and had an absolute pleasure working with her, she was so helpful at all times, you can feel the passion on her work. She put an amazing ceremony together for our very intimate wedding. My now wife and I always felt that she would go above and beyond the call of duty to provide us with the best recommendations and suggestions on how to make our special day the most memorable experience we could ever have. Thank you Jackie.

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Annelies

Annelies G. · Getting married on 07/06/2021

Jackie is incredible!!!

Jackie is incredible! She made our ceremony unique and she captured our relationship perfectly. Jackie really takes the time to get to know the couple she's marrying, which makes the ceremony that much more special. Thank you, Jackie! You are amazing!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Annelies, I love the magic that you and Jordan brought to the day. You made it fun and romantic--and I'm so glad the ceremony helped encourage you! Can't wait to see the photos--love the previews especially with your hiking boots and beautiful gown. Thanks for taking time to do this review

Sydonie N. · Married on 03/11/2021

Best Officiant In The Business

Where should I begin? If I could double the amount of stars I would. Jackie is professional, knowledgeable, detailed, comforting, and sincere. It was an absolute pleasure getting to know Jackie. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with her throughout the entire wedding ceremony planning process. She made us comfortable, she kept us sane, and she made us feel safe. She is a true professional that is an expert wedding officiant who has mastered her craft and flawlessly delivers. Our ceremony was perfect, she was well prepared, made our guest comfortable and had our backs throughout the entire time she was there.

If you hire Jackie, it will be the best wedding ceremony you will ever have. We hope to stay in touch with her as she has become a part of our union.

Sent on 12/21/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Sydonie, thank you so much! You and Sean poured so much of yourselves into your wedding and I am so happy I was able to capture your spirit. I loved being a part of your wedding. You both have a beautiful energy. This review is amazing and I so appreciate all of these beautiful things you have said.

Mia M. · Married on 03/08/2021

The Perfect Ceremony

Jackie was wonderful to work with and quite literally helped to pull our whole ceremony together. Our original wedding plans, like many others had changed considerably in a short period of time due to COVID. Through the entire process, Jackie was so kind and supportive, she immediately jumped on board with the change and was very helpful with suggestions on new locations and how to proceed with making a new plan, which made the whole transition so easy for us. While creating our ceremony, Jackie took the time to truly get to know our story and how we came to be “us” as a couple. Her attention to detail allowed for the creation of a ceremony that captured our love for each other perfectly and even included a piece about our dog (who was there in attendance). Our family members had so many positive compliments to say about how it turned out! Jackie was amazing from start to finish and she played a large part in creating this special day for us. We highly recommend her to any future couples!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

It was so fun to meet the two of you and Ghost! I am so glad that we found the perfect place to have your ceremony. It ended up being so intimate and special. I loved it! Thank you for making me a part of it--and thanks for this awesome review.
  • Margret

Margret · Married on 10/24/2020

Absolutely wonderful

We had to cancel our big wedding due to COVID & because of that we decided to have a smaller one even sooner that the last. Even with the short notice Jackie was up for the task, she was beyond helpful, always answered our questions, personalized our ceremony extremely well, and was an overall joy to be around. I’m immensely happy with her services.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Margret, Thank you for the great review! I am so sad that your plans had to change, but I am glad we could capture your love just as well in a smaller ceremony. I had so many fun laughs with you two! Congratulations to you and Clint!

Shannon S. · Married on 09/18/2020

Jackie is Wonderful!

If you’re looking for a special ceremony that encapsulates your relationship, then call Jackie!
    Jackie was a delight to work with. From the very beginning, she was very organized, prompt, and kind. We were lucky enough to meet Jackie in person (pre-covid) where she interviewed my husband and I about how we met, our personalities, and the things we love or enjoy. We were shocked when she sent us the ceremony draft because she incorporated all these things and more to create a truly unique and beautiful ceremony. Jackie has a gift for words, storytelling, and understanding couples. She will work hard to make sure your ceremony is one to remember.

Sent on 10/01/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Shannon, for this beautiful review. You gave me goosebumps reading it. I love that you and Matt are so grounded and fun. It made the ceremony come out that same way. And, your unity ceremony was the most fun! I am so happy to have met you and love that I was part of your ceremony.
  • Michelle

Michelle A. · Married on 09/09/2020

Kirk & Michelle

Jackie puts so much heart into making your day special!!! She truly loves what she does and it shows. We can’t thank her enough. ♥️

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Ken

Ken F. · Married on 08/29/2020

Stop looking for an officiant and call Jackie!

Jackie is the best! After planning and cancelling 3 different weddings due to COVID-19, we finally decided to elope in Lake Tahoe. We contacted Jackie with less than 30 days notice and she was willing to take on our last minute ceremony. We were far from easy clients - having to change plans up until the very last minute (literally) due to the circumstances, but Jackie was easy going and helped us every step of the way. She customized our ceremony perfectly and her "emergency kit" came in handy as our florist forgot the pin to my boutonniere. Jackie was essential in making what we thought was our back-up wedding plan, into our dream wedding. Words cannot express how amazing Jackie is at her job and how thankful we are she was with us on our special day.

Sent on 09/03/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Oh, Ken...this makes me so happy! I was so hoping that you would feel this way about your ceremony once you had experienced it. So many people come here for their dream wedding. I knew we could capture that and I am so glad we did! I loved the sunrise ceremony. It is the best kept wedding secret in Tahoe. Congratulations--and thanks for this wonderful review.
  • Amy

Amy H. · Married on 05/09/2020

Officiant Experience with Jackie

Jackie recently officiated our wedding in Lake Tahoe and we could not have asked for a better, more personal ceremony. It was exactly what we had hoped for: short, sweet and to the point but very personal, funny and loving at the same time. Jackie wove in the perfect anecdotes about our relationship, relevant nods to our nearest and dearest, and just enough tradition to make it feel like us.

Jackie went above and beyond to get to know us and understand our love story... and we had a blast telling it to her! She is so incredibly patient and understanding. Her expertise also made the task of crafting the ceremony approachable and fun.

We were originally going to have a friend or family member officiate our ceremony, but we are so glad we had a professional like Jackie to guide us through what can be a very nervewracking experience! She kept us cool, calm and collected. :)

Jackie, we can't thank you enough for making our ceremony exactly what we hoped it would be! With gratitude, Amy & Jack Huber

Sent on 09/17/2020
  • Jack

Jack H. · Married on 05/09/2020

Love At First Skype

My wife already wrote a glowing review about our experience with Jackie, but Jackie did such an amazing job with our ceremony that I have to add my perspective.

To be frank, we really struggled with the process of finding an officiant! I think we were being pretty picky and never really "connected" with any of the other officiants we met with. We were about to throw in the towel and go with a family friend (actually...our high school history teacher!) when we got in touch with Jackie and scheduled our first Skype meeting.

Long story short, a thirty-minute introductory meeting turned into a two-hour in-depth conversation over a bottle of wine (for us...not her!) that left us feeling like we just made a new friend. The "connection" we weren't getting from other officiants naturally happened within 2 minutes of speaking to Jackie. Her sincerity, attention to detail, and subtle sense of humor all came through on that Skype call and we immediately knew we finally found the perfect officiant for our wedding.

Throughout the process of scheduling and then RESCHEDULING our wedding due to COVID-19, Jackie could not have been more patient or understanding. Her support actually made us feel more confident about our decision to get married this year and her professionalism assured us that our ceremony would go off without a hitch.

One of my biggest surprises after the wedding was the flood of compliments I received about "our amazing officiant". I've been to my fair share of weddings and always feel like the officiants do a great job for the most part...but the amount of "best ceremony I've heard" and "where'd you find her, she was so amazing!" was pretty eye-opening.

But that's Jackie. She truly cares and LOVES what she does...which is helping couples share their story on the most important day of their relationship!

Thanks for everything, Jackie...you are a rockstar!
    Jack Huber

Sent on 10/05/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jack, I’m speechless. Reading your review makes me feel so much affirmation about my process and about my love of this “work.”

It was so fun for me to get to know you both and to create the lighthearted yet sincere ceremony that you wanted. My heart is so happy that you were so happy with it all. ❤️ Thank you a million times!
  • Laura

Laura P. · Married on 03/21/2020

A great experience

Before I even talked to Jackie she had already sent me some recommendations in the area and useful information. She was quick to respond to all correspondence and I felt supported with someone knowledgeable in the area and interested in helping me have a positive and fulfilling experience.

Sent on 08/08/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi, Laura, thanks for this review! You'd think it would be easy to have a ceremony in Tahoe, but there are lots of restrictions. I am happy to be helpful in finding the right location. Even though your wedding moved away from Tahoe, I enjoyed "talking" with you. I wish you the best!
  • Bobbi

Bobbi M. · Married on 12/21/2019

Jackie Phillips/Officiant Lake Tahoe

The second best decision we made was to hire Jackie to officant our wedding! The first was choosing each other to marry. From the first time we met at the coffee shop we had an instant connection. She spent time listening to our love story and how we individually felt about each other. Jackie gave us several options to choose from and allowed us to make adjustments to make it more personal. The vows we chose reflected our coffee shop meeting as she wove details in to reflect our love for each other. It was truly a magical day! We are deeply grateful to Jackie for making this day one we will always remember! Our guests were moved at how personable Jackie brought everything togeher. Much Love and Appreciation Flowing Jackie!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Bobbi and Mike,
    The sense of ease and togetherness you two share is beauitful. You have proven that love stays deep in our hearts. It WAS a magical day! I can't believe how the sun came out during your ceremony. Lake Tahoe brings some magic of her own and I am so glad that happened for you two. Much Love and Appreciation right back to you both! And, thanks for staying friends afterward!
  • Jessica

Jessica H. · Married on 10/13/2019

Lovely, lovely soul

We were nervous about hiring an officiant as we were hoping to use someone close to us. After reading reviews about Jackie, we were a little more at ease, but boy oh boy after meeting her we were totally on board! Jackie is such a warm and kind soul. You can tell she loves what she does and she works with you as a couple so well. She wants to know literally everything and even goes so far as to keep your picture on her desk if you're comfortable with it so she can feel connected! You are able to fully customize your ceremony and she has all sorts of suggestions I never would have even thought of. Thank you so much, Jackie, for being such a special part of our process and day!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for this review! You and Michael are such a fun couple and I love the ways that came out in your ceremony and wedding day. I loved being a part of it and standing with you--thank you so much for choosing me and trusting me.
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2019

Jackie is amazing!

Jackie is amazing! We were recommended to her by another vendor, and decided she was who we wanted to officiate our wedding after our first phone interview with her. We wanted our wedding to be about love and family, and she went above and beyond everything we imagined to make it something we will never forget.

Gearing up to the wedding day we were able to have several phone interviews with Jackie to help her create a ceremony that perfectly fit us. She met with us the day before to run everyone through rehearsal, and provided print outs for everyone as a guideline for how people would walk/stand/take cues.

All in all our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without Jackie- she made our ceremony truly meaningful to us.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Lauren,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! I love the way you surrounded yourself with family and close friends. I am so glad you feel your entire day was perfect--I loved standing with you and helping to make it happen. Thank you so much.
  • Maria

Maria G. · Married on 09/21/2019

Our perfect ceremony!

Jackie was amazing from the beginning! In our initial meeting, she really got to know us both and what was important to us. When she had us review and edit our ceremony, we read it as it was so unique to us, it was incredible. It's like Jackie got to know in a matter of a few months. At the ceremony, we had so many guest crying because of how beautiful it was and how it really was about us both. I loved our ceremony and the way she included both of our dogs in it.
    She is very kind, professional and is very passionate about her work. I would really recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Maria,
    Wow, what a wedding day! I loved the special things about your day -- including your awesome dogs and the beautiful Native American blessing that Jessica's father gave to you. But, more than that, I loved the two of you and the way you looked at each other. Absolutely touching and beautiful.

Thank you for this amazing review! It means a lot to me.

Annie · Married on 09/21/2019

Professional Officiant, Personalized Ceremonies

Jackie was incredible for our wedding! She was very organized leading up to the day and provided us with SO many options to choose from. We weren’t sure if we wanted to do a unity ceremony and she sent us an entire list of ideas. She put together a unique ceremony after our conversation with her and we were able to select readings and quotes that suited us. When we were not sure about some options, she sent us even more until we had something that was perfectly us. She ran the rehearsal in such an organized way and was able to coordinate our large group (which can sometimes feel like herding cats). On our wedding day, she was a calming presence and even brought a singing bowl for me and the rest of my bridesmaids to use! So many people told us the ceremony was beautiful and Jackie did a wonderful job. We highly recommend her for any wedding ceremony!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Annie,
    I love how you described the process we went through--and I'm glad we found the right option for your reading. It was fun for me to get to know you and your wedding party kept me chuckling throughout the rehearsal! Thank you for inviting me to be your officiant. It was an honor--and I loved it!
  • Emmanuel

Emmanuel P. · Married on 09/08/2019

The Perfect Officiant!

Jackie really took the time to get to know my wife and I story on how we met, and really learned about our relationship as a whole. She created an amazing ceremony the really connected to us, and noticed that our vows were very similar even though my wife and I wrote them separately. If you are looking for an officiant that would really take the time to really get to know you and create a ceremony that you will love, Jackie would be that person. Thank you so much Jackie for all your help with our ceremony and helping us not be so nervous during our wedding day! Also thank you for your gift as well! We love it!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Angie

Angie W. · Married on 09/08/2019

Heart of an Angel

Jackie Phillips is living her calling and has found the perfect profession. She has the kindest, most gentle and sincere heart. What a blessing that our wedding planner found her for us. We will never forget the sacred ceremony she created for our wedding day. Our event was tiny; us and 4 family members. We wanted our ceremony to be inclusive to our family and extremely personal to our lives. Jackie listened carefully to our vision. She sent us a variety of choices for the direction of the ceremony’s tone through opening words, reading selections, unity components, blessing passages, and ideas to end the ceremony. We had meaningful phone conversations and many follow-up emails that drilled down the details. Throughout the process we could feel how much she cared about us and wanted to make our wedding magical, personal, and filled with love. She succeeded in spades. We laughed. We cried. We rejoiced. We danced. We merged into one. We will never forget our wedding ceremony and will be forever grateful to our dear Jackie for making this the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Angie, all of you brought so much love to the ceremony. It couldn't have been more beautiful to see each person have a special role in the moment. It was my honor and deep pleasure to work with you to create the ceremony. I felt "all the feels" the entire time. Thank you for this beautiful review and all of your kind comments.
  • Sonjia

Sonjia · Married on 08/24/2019

Fairytale come True

Jackie created a beautiful heartfelt ceremony. She is easy to work with and truly listens to you. Our guests said it was the most moving and unique wedding ceremony they have witnessed. We feel like we have added a new family member. You can trust her to make your ceremony easy to follow and perfect for you as a couple. We highly recommend.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

From the moment we met you at Mary & Julie's wedding, I was hoping you would call. I could never have guessed how magical your vision would be--and it was a joy to be a part of making it a reality. Thank you for this wonderful review! I know we'll see each other again and I look forward to it!
  • Kristen

Kristen M. · Married on 07/11/2019

Jackie goes above and beyond to make your day special

Jackie strives to make your wedding personal to you and gets to know you to make your day special. We had so many compliments on the ceremony that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you so much Jackie!

Sent on 07/14/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Kristen, it was so fun to add all of the Irish and Celtic aspects to your wedding. But, most of all, it was nice to get to know you both. You are an awesome couple and I loved being a part of your ceremony!
  • Seaira

Seaira · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly Recommend!

I would recommend Jackie to everyone! She customized everything to meet our needs. She was prompt, flexible and always smiling! We feel so fortunate to have had her be a part of our wedding day!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Seaira, you and Brandon were so calm and present at the ceremony. I love that! Thank you for choosing me to officiate for you. I love you two together!

Alexandra · Married on 06/21/2019

No one else but Jackie!

Five stars does not seem like enough. Jackie is thoughtful, caring and organized. My rehearsal and wedding went so smoothly and it was all because of Jackie. In addition, she is so funny and sweet!! We cannot have pictured our day with anyone else but Jackie and cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alexandra, thank you so much for all of the beautiful things you've said! What a beautiful and elegant wedding -- I loved being there with you and Christopher!

Jemm V. · Married on 06/01/2019

Best ceremony ever

Jackie was an outstanding officiant. Due to circumstances, Jackie wasn't presented with a lot of time to prepare for our ceremony. However, she immediately stepped up to the plate and made sure our ceremony is exactly what we wanted and pictured. She provides an extensive questionnaire that really helped her get to know us as a couple, making our ceremony very personalized and unique to our personalities. But she wasn't just an officiant, she helped both of our families get to know each other and really helped everyone master their roles in the wedding. The day of, she was prepared with a first aid kit, bobby pins, props, and everything and anything you forget for your wedding. She made sure our filipino wedding traditions were properly implemented and gave us many options to choose from to help her create a personalized script. Jackie made sure that the extra details we wanted were in place, such as the bubbles for the end of the ceremony and for our guests to turn off their phones. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. There are many who can officiate a wedding, but Jackie truly goes above and beyond an officiant. She helped plan our wedding, managed everyone at the ceremony, and truly took care of us and our ceremony. My family and guests were very impressed of how professional she was, she has a soothing voice, and she really showed the audience how well she got to know us. Our ceremony was far from scripted, she made sure it was what we wanted and it was truly about us and not a general officiant script that you can get online. Jackie, we are so lucky to have you as our officiant. You were truly amazing and made our day so special and memorable!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved all of the traditions we included and honored. What a perfect afternoon! Thank you for choosing me.
  • Shae

Shae · Married on 05/01/2019

Jackie is great!

Jackie really takes the time to customize your ceremony and to get the feel of the bride and groom. I think she did an excellent job with our wedding, including a handfasting. I definitely recommend her.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shae, I love the earthy and connected feeling of your wedding. It truly honored the deep connection you two have to each other. Thank you for this great review--and for selecting me as your officiant.