Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant Reviews

78 Reviews for Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant

• Bobbi

Bobbi & Mike · Married on 12/21/2019

Jackie Phillips/Officiant Lake Tahoe

The second best decision we made was to hire Jackie to officant our wedding! The first was choosing each other to marry. From the first time we met at the coffee shop we had an instant connection. She spent time listening to our love story and how we individually felt about each other. Jackie gave us several options to choose from and allowed us to make adjustments to make it more personal. The vows we chose reflected our coffee shop meeting as she wove details in to reflect our love for each other. It was truly a magical day! We are deeply grateful to Jackie for making this day one we will always remember! Our guests were moved at how personable Jackie brought everything togeher. Much Love and Appreciation Flowing Jackie!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Bobbi and Mike,
    The sense of ease and togetherness you two share is beauitful. You have proven that love stays deep in our hearts. It WAS a magical day! I can't believe how the sun came out during your ceremony. Lake Tahoe brings some magic of her own and I am so glad that happened for you two. Much Love and Appreciation right back to you both! And, thanks for staying friends afterward!
  • Jessica

Jessica Hinsberg · Married on 10/13/2019

Lovely, lovely soul

We were nervous about hiring an officiant as we were hoping to use someone close to us. After reading reviews about Jackie, we were a little more at ease, but boy oh boy after meeting her we were totally on board! Jackie is such a warm and kind soul. You can tell she loves what she does and she works with you as a couple so well. She wants to know literally everything and even goes so far as to keep your picture on her desk if you're comfortable with it so she can feel connected! You are able to fully customize your ceremony and she has all sorts of suggestions I never would have even thought of. Thank you so much, Jackie, for being such a special part of our process and day!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for this review! You and Michael are such a fun couple and I love the ways that came out in your ceremony and wedding day. I loved being a part of it and standing with you--thank you so much for choosing me and trusting me.
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2019

Jackie is amazing!

Jackie is amazing! We were recommended to her by another vendor, and decided she was who we wanted to officiate our wedding after our first phone interview with her. We wanted our wedding to be about love and family, and she went above and beyond everything we imagined to make it something we will never forget.

Gearing up to the wedding day we were able to have several phone interviews with Jackie to help her create a ceremony that perfectly fit us. She met with us the day before to run everyone through rehearsal, and provided print outs for everyone as a guideline for how people would walk/stand/take cues.

All in all our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without Jackie- she made our ceremony truly meaningful to us.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Lauren,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! I love the way you surrounded yourself with family and close friends. I am so glad you feel your entire day was perfect--I loved standing with you and helping to make it happen. Thank you so much.
  • Maria

Maria Gomez · Married on 09/21/2019

Our perfect ceremony!

Jackie was amazing from the beginning! In our initial meeting, she really got to know us both and what was important to us. When she had us review and edit our ceremony, we read it as it was so unique to us, it was incredible. It's like Jackie got to know in a matter of a few months. At the ceremony, we had so many guest crying because of how beautiful it was and how it really was about us both. I loved our ceremony and the way she included both of our dogs in it.
    She is very kind, professional and is very passionate about her work. I would really recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Maria,
    Wow, what a wedding day! I loved the special things about your day -- including your awesome dogs and the beautiful Native American blessing that Jessica's father gave to you. But, more than that, I loved the two of you and the way you looked at each other. Absolutely touching and beautiful.

Thank you for this amazing review! It means a lot to me.

Annie · Married on 09/21/2019

Professional Officiant, Personalized Ceremonies

Jackie was incredible for our wedding! She was very organized leading up to the day and provided us with SO many options to choose from. We weren’t sure if we wanted to do a unity ceremony and she sent us an entire list of ideas. She put together a unique ceremony after our conversation with her and we were able to select readings and quotes that suited us. When we were not sure about some options, she sent us even more until we had something that was perfectly us. She ran the rehearsal in such an organized way and was able to coordinate our large group (which can sometimes feel like herding cats). On our wedding day, she was a calming presence and even brought a singing bowl for me and the rest of my bridesmaids to use! So many people told us the ceremony was beautiful and Jackie did a wonderful job. We highly recommend her for any wedding ceremony!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Annie,
    I love how you described the process we went through--and I'm glad we found the right option for your reading. It was fun for me to get to know you and your wedding party kept me chuckling throughout the rehearsal! Thank you for inviting me to be your officiant. It was an honor--and I loved it!
  • Emmanuel

Emmanuel B Paguio · Married on 09/08/2019

The Perfect Officiant!

Jackie really took the time to get to know my wife and I story on how we met, and really learned about our relationship as a whole. She created an amazing ceremony the really connected to us, and noticed that our vows were very similar even though my wife and I wrote them separately. If you are looking for an officiant that would really take the time to really get to know you and create a ceremony that you will love, Jackie would be that person. Thank you so much Jackie for all your help with our ceremony and helping us not be so nervous during our wedding day! Also thank you for your gift as well! We love it!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Angie

Angie Werner · Married on 09/08/2019

Heart of an Angel

Jackie Phillips is living her calling and has found the perfect profession. She has the kindest, most gentle and sincere heart. What a blessing that our wedding planner found her for us. We will never forget the sacred ceremony she created for our wedding day. Our event was tiny; us and 4 family members. We wanted our ceremony to be inclusive to our family and extremely personal to our lives. Jackie listened carefully to our vision. She sent us a variety of choices for the direction of the ceremony’s tone through opening words, reading selections, unity components, blessing passages, and ideas to end the ceremony. We had meaningful phone conversations and many follow-up emails that drilled down the details. Throughout the process we could feel how much she cared about us and wanted to make our wedding magical, personal, and filled with love. She succeeded in spades. We laughed. We cried. We rejoiced. We danced. We merged into one. We will never forget our wedding ceremony and will be forever grateful to our dear Jackie for making this the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Angie, all of you brought so much love to the ceremony. It couldn't have been more beautiful to see each person have a special role in the moment. It was my honor and deep pleasure to work with you to create the ceremony. I felt "all the feels" the entire time. Thank you for this beautiful review and all of your kind comments.
  • Sonjia

Sonjia · Married on 08/24/2019

Fairytale come True

Jackie created a beautiful heartfelt ceremony. She is easy to work with and truly listens to you. Our guests said it was the most moving and unique wedding ceremony they have witnessed. We feel like we have added a new family member. You can trust her to make your ceremony easy to follow and perfect for you as a couple. We highly recommend.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

From the moment we met you at Mary & Julie's wedding, I was hoping you would call. I could never have guessed how magical your vision would be--and it was a joy to be a part of making it a reality. Thank you for this wonderful review! I know we'll see each other again and I look forward to it!
  • Seaira

Seaira · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly Recommend!

I would recommend Jackie to everyone! She customized everything to meet our needs. She was prompt, flexible and always smiling! We feel so fortunate to have had her be a part of our wedding day!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Seaira, you and Brandon were so calm and present at the ceremony. I love that! Thank you for choosing me to officiate for you. I love you two together!

Alexandra · Married on 06/21/2019

No one else but Jackie!

Five stars does not seem like enough. Jackie is thoughtful, caring and organized. My rehearsal and wedding went so smoothly and it was all because of Jackie. In addition, she is so funny and sweet!! We cannot have pictured our day with anyone else but Jackie and cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alexandra, thank you so much for all of the beautiful things you've said! What a beautiful and elegant wedding -- I loved being there with you and Christopher!

Jemm Valenzuela · Married on 06/01/2019

Best ceremony ever

Jackie was an outstanding officiant. Due to circumstances, Jackie wasn't presented with a lot of time to prepare for our ceremony. However, she immediately stepped up to the plate and made sure our ceremony is exactly what we wanted and pictured. She provides an extensive questionnaire that really helped her get to know us as a couple, making our ceremony very personalized and unique to our personalities. But she wasn't just an officiant, she helped both of our families get to know each other and really helped everyone master their roles in the wedding. The day of, she was prepared with a first aid kit, bobby pins, props, and everything and anything you forget for your wedding. She made sure our filipino wedding traditions were properly implemented and gave us many options to choose from to help her create a personalized script. Jackie made sure that the extra details we wanted were in place, such as the bubbles for the end of the ceremony and for our guests to turn off their phones. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. There are many who can officiate a wedding, but Jackie truly goes above and beyond an officiant. She helped plan our wedding, managed everyone at the ceremony, and truly took care of us and our ceremony. My family and guests were very impressed of how professional she was, she has a soothing voice, and she really showed the audience how well she got to know us. Our ceremony was far from scripted, she made sure it was what we wanted and it was truly about us and not a general officiant script that you can get online. Jackie, we are so lucky to have you as our officiant. You were truly amazing and made our day so special and memorable!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved all of the traditions we included and honored. What a perfect afternoon! Thank you for choosing me.
  • Shae

Shae · Married on 05/01/2019

Jackie is great!

Jackie really takes the time to customize your ceremony and to get the feel of the bride and groom. I think she did an excellent job with our wedding, including a handfasting. I definitely recommend her.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shae, I love the earthy and connected feeling of your wedding. It truly honored the deep connection you two have to each other. Thank you for this great review--and for selecting me as your officiant.
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 02/17/2019

Jackie helped make our wedding PERFECT!

Jackie was an amazing part of our wedding! The ceremony she wrote was beautiful, and we got the chance to personalize it as well! She had a beautiful structure and flow to the ceremony, and everyone in attendance commented on how wonderful she was! Her sincerity during our ceremony was so special, it really felt like she knew us, knew our story, and was there not just as our officiant but also as one of our supporters!! She had fast response times, is very caring and was all around fantastic. I recommend Jackie to EVERYONE!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Carrie, I love how your ceremony incorporated Quinn's son and made the day important to him, too. It was such a warm and welcoming feeling to join you and your family and close friends at the home. But, I am most touched by how light and easy the day felt. Even when you decided to have the ceremony indoors, you were so comfortable and still excited about the change. And, the room ended up looking gorgeous and rustic and awesome! It was wonderful being a part of such a relaxed, fun, upbeat and romantic ceremony!
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Nowlin · Married on 02/10/2019

Jackie Made Us Feel So Special!

We are so grateful to Jackie for making our wedding ceremony so special and unique! She spent over an our getting to know us, and we felt a connection with her right away. The suggestions she gave us for customizing our ceremony were perfect - she provided lots of options. She also made us feel so comfortable and well taken care of during the ceremony. We can't thank Jackie enough!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Cheryl, you are Vera are so wonderful together! I am so happy that you felt connected to me because I felt connected with both of you. I particularly like the time I spent with both of you individually right before the ceremony. It was such a beautiful moment of peace, love and anticipation for the ceremony. Thank you for this lovely review and for all of your kindness and generosity!

Molly S · Married on 01/22/2019

Thoughtful, kind, professional, LGBTQ+ friendly!

Jackie was a dream come true for our Lake Tahoe elopement. She really worked to get us as a couple to individualize our ceremony, yet took suggestions gracefully. She was open to snowshoeing to our location, which was just awesome! Jackie was well-spoken, thoughtful, responsive, witty, and most importantly for us, LGBTQ+ friendly. I would recommend her entirely.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi, Molly. I love that you wanted to snowshoe to the beach! And, I am so glad you brought me along. I have just seen the photos and they are amazing! Standing there with you and having the area all to ourselves during the ceremony made it feel like it was all yours. I loved that in the moment and I am so glad you feel that I helped make your ceremony personal and beautiful. Congrtulations -- and thanks for this awesome review!
  • Teri

Teri Blake and Jeremy Simmons · Married on 12/25/2018

Christmas Wedding in TAHOE

We decided to get married on our favorite beach in Lake Tahoe on Christmas. With little time to plan, we read the great reviews of Jackie Phillips, wedding officiate in TAHOE. We sent her a message through a wedding sight and within a few minutes she responded that she was able to marry us that next day. The wedding ceremony she put together for us was very touching and included many of the value we hold dear to our three year relationship. I would recommend her to my closest friends and family to officiate their wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved your Christmas Day wedding -- it's such a magical time and you both approached it with such closeness and love. It was such a beautiful way to spend part of the day. Thank you for choosing me -- and for bringing along Winter and Lady. I love dogs at weddings!
  • Christopher

Christopher Clyde · Married on 12/12/2018

Warm, personable, efficient and knowledgeable

Jackie customized our ceremony even though we were in Ohio, and helped with innumerable questions about local options and facilities. She is equally delightful in person. We lucked out when we chose her to perform our wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Christopher, I hope I never forget the joy I felt between the two of you. Or, the way you posed by the snowman! Your ceremony was heartfelt and intimate--and I loved being a part of it. Thank you for trusting me and choosing me to share in your ceremony.
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay Walton · Married on 10/26/2018

Excellent, would recommend

Jackie wrote us a beautiful ceremony, that described our relationship well and made us feel unique and special. She was so organized, giving us lots of information and tips along the way. We couldn’t imagine having any other officiant for our day.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for this review! I am so excited that you had the perfect Tahoe fall day for your ceremony. Definitely a banner day for October and so fun to have your dad involved with the unity ceremony box. I love sharing tips and info that is helpful. Thanks for mentioning that!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2018

Amazing officiant

Jackie is fantastic! She really takes the time to get to know each couple she officiates. She incorporated so many personal details into our ceremony, it was truly so special. Jackie also has all of the little details handled, from a mint to a tissue to grab if needed during the ceremony. Things we would have never thought of! Thank you Jackie!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Jenna, for this review. I like knowing that you remember those little things. Your wedding was such an amazing day -- such a magical and intimate location. It was wonderful for me! Thanks for choosing me to be a part of it!

Allison · Married on 09/13/2018

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with Jackie's level of service and professionalism for our wedding ceremony. Jackie not only helped orchestrate a beautiful ceremony, but also created a personalized and intimate script that many guests complimented us on after the event. Jackie held a phone conference call weeks prior to the wedding to get to know us a bit better and her script really reflected our personalities and relationship. We would highly recommended Jackie. She made us feel right at home standing up in front of our guests and we couldn't thank her enough for helping make our day so amazing.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Allison, for all of the details in your review. After your ceremony, a number of people commented to me that they loved it! It makes me so happy that you loved the things that made it personal. That is what I love about doing this work....thank you so much for this review.

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I feel so incredibly lucky to have found Jackie. In the early stages of planning, we wanted a close friend or family member to officiate our wedding because we wanted it to feel personal. I'm so grateful we decided to hire a professional and even more grateful we met Jackie! From the first phone call all the way to the ceremony, we had felt as if we had known her for years, we were just that comfortable! The ceremony she wrote for us was beyond any expectation I could have had and we received so many compliments! For starters, I didn't even know a ceremony could be as interactive as the one she came up with. There were plenty of quotes to personalize it and I was able to add my own touches that Jackie put together flawlessly. Another reason we are over the moon for Jackie is because she is so inclusive. Selfishly, it didn't even come to mind that there might be officiants out there who wouldn't marry us because of who we love. We're "normal" so we didn't have to think about being judged. I've been able to see other weddings Jackie has done through social media and it makes me so happy to see her pure joy with all the couples she officiates for but I get a little extra teary eyed when I see how inclusive she is. We could not have hand picked a better officiant.

Thank you Jackie for feeling like a long time friend and for creating a wonderful ceremony we will never forget!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lauren, this just made me tear up! You two brought so much to the ceremony and it was so fun to make it customized and personal. But, it makes me so happy that my work with same-sex marriages and mixed races or faiths or whatever a couple brings is so celebrated by you. I have a unique vantage point to see that each couple has a uniquely beautiful love story. And when I am able to celebrate that with you, it makes my heart so happy. <3 Thank you for taking the time for this review.

L · Married on 08/12/2018

Jackie vastly exceeded my expectations of what I expected from an officiant. I was expecting a ceremony that was generally written and could apply to any couple. Instead Jackie allows you to craft your ceremony by offering options of readings, passages, types or vows or ceremonies to fit you as a couple. Even though, my wedding was last minute, she arrived early to meet us in person for the first time and made some day of edits based on this that made the ceremony even more special. She helps guide the day (and in my case, even fixed my train after walking down the aisle since my only guests were our mothers). Both of our mothers could not stop commenting on how much they liked the ceremony and its flow. She knew everything necessary for marriage license filing and mailed it off the first business day after the ceremony. She even sent me a reminder list of all the places I needed to change my name :) I feel very fortunate that she was available for my last minute ceremony and will surely recommend her to anyone I come across getting married in the north Tahoe area. Thanks, Jackie!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, L! I loved your intimate ceremony with your moms and your pup. I still chuckle that he was distracted by the woman next door.

I'm so glad we could put together a special ceremony quickly. I love the laughs you two shared during the ceremony -- it was so natural!

It was fun for me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you for this awesome review!

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Jackie is so sweet and did such an amazing job. From start to finish she was so warm and really got to know my husband and I. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful ceremony and we had tons of compliments on her ceremony. I would strongly recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jennifer, I am so happy to receive this review. Thank you very much. I enjoyed working with you both and I appreciate the calm sincerity of your wedding. I'm happy you chose me to celebrate with you. Thank you so much!
  • Leticia

Leticia · Married on 08/03/2018

Wedding perfection

Jackie is beyond amazing! She listens to you, cares about you and takes time to get to know each of you to make the most breathtaking experience ever. She packs a emergency kit that is filled with amazing items to make your big day relaxing and enjoyable. I cannot even express how amazing she made me feel! Invite her to stay and enjoy the food and cake she makes a great friend to have in your life❤️

Sent on 08/05/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ha! The secret is out that I love wedding cake! Thank you for this amazing review. I love how much we laughed on your wedding day--and then how serious you both were. So much fun! Thanks, again, for the invite to bring Dallas and to stay. We had a great time and the food was so good that we are thinking about driving out to the restaurant!

Ana · Married on 07/07/2018

Jackie was the very first officiant I looked at when searching for one. When we met her for the first meeting to decide if we wanted her to marry us we knew almost instantly upon meeting her. We wanted a ceremony based on love as opposed to religion and she was easily able to give us exactly what we wanted. She was so sweet and kept us comfortable and in the loop with what she was doing throughout the entire process. Jackie is amazing at what she does and is all around an amazing human being. She made our ceremony very personalized and silly and we absolutely loved it! I will be recommending Jackie to everyone I know getting ready to get married.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ana, thank you so much. It was fun dreaming up your wedding ceremony details with you! I love that you wanted to include some humor and I heard your friends and family chuckle a bit during the ceremony. It makes my heart happy to know that you had a ceremony that fit you both. I know you are going to have a fun marriage -- laughter together is the best!