Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant Reviews

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 7
  • Shae

Shae · Married on 05/01/2019

Jackie is great!

Jackie really takes the time to customize your ceremony and to get the feel of the bride and groom. I think she did an excellent job with our wedding, including a handfasting. I definitely recommend her.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 8
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 02/17/2019

Jackie helped make our wedding PERFECT!

Jackie was an amazing part of our wedding! The ceremony she wrote was beautiful, and we got the chance to personalize it as well! She had a beautiful structure and flow to the ceremony, and everyone in attendance commented on how wonderful she was! Her sincerity during our ceremony was so special, it really felt like she knew us, knew our story, and was there not just as our officiant but also as one of our supporters!! She had fast response times, is very caring and was all around fantastic. I recommend Jackie to EVERYONE!

Sent on 02/28/2019
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 9
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 10

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Carrie, I love how your ceremony incorporated Quinn's son and made the day important to him, too. It was such a warm and welcoming feeling to join you and your family and close friends at the home. But, I am most touched by how light and easy the day felt. Even when you decided to have the ceremony indoors, you were so comfortable and still excited about the change. And, the room ended up looking gorgeous and rustic and awesome! It was wonderful being a part of such a relaxed, fun, upbeat and romantic ceremony!
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Nowlin · Married on 02/10/2019

Jackie Made Us Feel So Special!

We are so grateful to Jackie for making our wedding ceremony so special and unique! She spent over an our getting to know us, and we felt a connection with her right away. The suggestions she gave us for customizing our ceremony were perfect - she provided lots of options. She also made us feel so comfortable and well taken care of during the ceremony. We can't thank Jackie enough!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Cheryl, you are Vera are so wonderful together! I am so happy that you felt connected to me because I felt connected with both of you. I particularly like the time I spent with both of you individually right before the ceremony. It was such a beautiful moment of peace, love and anticipation for the ceremony. Thank you for this lovely review and for all of your kindness and generosity!

Molly S · Married on 01/22/2019

Thoughtful, kind, professional, LGBTQ+ friendly!

Jackie was a dream come true for our Lake Tahoe elopement. She really worked to get us as a couple to individualize our ceremony, yet took suggestions gracefully. She was open to snowshoeing to our location, which was just awesome! Jackie was well-spoken, thoughtful, responsive, witty, and most importantly for us, LGBTQ+ friendly. I would recommend her entirely.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi, Molly. I love that you wanted to snowshoe to the beach! And, I am so glad you brought me along. I have just seen the photos and they are amazing! Standing there with you and having the area all to ourselves during the ceremony made it feel like it was all yours. I loved that in the moment and I am so glad you feel that I helped make your ceremony personal and beautiful. Congrtulations -- and thanks for this awesome review!
  • Teri

Teri Blake and Jeremy Simmons · Married on 12/25/2018

Christmas Wedding in TAHOE

We decided to get married on our favorite beach in Lake Tahoe on Christmas. With little time to plan, we read the great reviews of Jackie Phillips, wedding officiate in TAHOE. We sent her a message through a wedding sight and within a few minutes she responded that she was able to marry us that next day. The wedding ceremony she put together for us was very touching and included many of the value we hold dear to our three year relationship. I would recommend her to my closest friends and family to officiate their wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 11
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 12
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 13
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 14
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 15

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved your Christmas Day wedding -- it's such a magical time and you both approached it with such closeness and love. It was such a beautiful way to spend part of the day. Thank you for choosing me -- and for bringing along Winter and Lady. I love dogs at weddings!
  • Christopher

Christopher Clyde · Married on 12/12/2018

Warm, personable, efficient and knowledgeable

Jackie customized our ceremony even though we were in Ohio, and helped with innumerable questions about local options and facilities. She is equally delightful in person. We lucked out when we chose her to perform our wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 16

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Christopher, I hope I never forget the joy I felt between the two of you. Or, the way you posed by the snowman! Your ceremony was heartfelt and intimate--and I loved being a part of it. Thank you for trusting me and choosing me to share in your ceremony.
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay Walton · Married on 10/26/2018

Excellent, would recommend

Jackie wrote us a beautiful ceremony, that described our relationship well and made us feel unique and special. She was so organized, giving us lots of information and tips along the way. We couldn’t imagine having any other officiant for our day.

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 17

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for this review! I am so excited that you had the perfect Tahoe fall day for your ceremony. Definitely a banner day for October and so fun to have your dad involved with the unity ceremony box. I love sharing tips and info that is helpful. Thanks for mentioning that!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2018

Amazing officiant

Jackie is fantastic! She really takes the time to get to know each couple she officiates. She incorporated so many personal details into our ceremony, it was truly so special. Jackie also has all of the little details handled, from a mint to a tissue to grab if needed during the ceremony. Things we would have never thought of! Thank you Jackie!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Jenna, for this review. I like knowing that you remember those little things. Your wedding was such an amazing day -- such a magical and intimate location. It was wonderful for me! Thanks for choosing me to be a part of it!

Allison · Married on 09/13/2018

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with Jackie's level of service and professionalism for our wedding ceremony. Jackie not only helped orchestrate a beautiful ceremony, but also created a personalized and intimate script that many guests complimented us on after the event. Jackie held a phone conference call weeks prior to the wedding to get to know us a bit better and her script really reflected our personalities and relationship. We would highly recommended Jackie. She made us feel right at home standing up in front of our guests and we couldn't thank her enough for helping make our day so amazing.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 18

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Allison, for all of the details in your review. After your ceremony, a number of people commented to me that they loved it! It makes me so happy that you loved the things that made it personal. That is what I love about doing this work....thank you so much for this review.

L · Married on 08/12/2018

Jackie vastly exceeded my expectations of what I expected from an officiant. I was expecting a ceremony that was generally written and could apply to any couple. Instead Jackie allows you to craft your ceremony by offering options of readings, passages, types or vows or ceremonies to fit you as a couple. Even though, my wedding was last minute, she arrived early to meet us in person for the first time and made some day of edits based on this that made the ceremony even more special. She helps guide the day (and in my case, even fixed my train after walking down the aisle since my only guests were our mothers). Both of our mothers could not stop commenting on how much they liked the ceremony and its flow. She knew everything necessary for marriage license filing and mailed it off the first business day after the ceremony. She even sent me a reminder list of all the places I needed to change my name :) I feel very fortunate that she was available for my last minute ceremony and will surely recommend her to anyone I come across getting married in the north Tahoe area. Thanks, Jackie!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, L! I loved your intimate ceremony with your moms and your pup. I still chuckle that he was distracted by the woman next door.

I'm so glad we could put together a special ceremony quickly. I love the laughs you two shared during the ceremony -- it was so natural!

It was fun for me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you for this awesome review!

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Jackie is so sweet and did such an amazing job. From start to finish she was so warm and really got to know my husband and I. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful ceremony and we had tons of compliments on her ceremony. I would strongly recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jennifer, I am so happy to receive this review. Thank you very much. I enjoyed working with you both and I appreciate the calm sincerity of your wedding. I'm happy you chose me to celebrate with you. Thank you so much!

Ana · Married on 07/07/2018

Jackie was the very first officiant I looked at when searching for one. When we met her for the first meeting to decide if we wanted her to marry us we knew almost instantly upon meeting her. We wanted a ceremony based on love as opposed to religion and she was easily able to give us exactly what we wanted. She was so sweet and kept us comfortable and in the loop with what she was doing throughout the entire process. Jackie is amazing at what she does and is all around an amazing human being. She made our ceremony very personalized and silly and we absolutely loved it! I will be recommending Jackie to everyone I know getting ready to get married.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ana, thank you so much. It was fun dreaming up your wedding ceremony details with you! I love that you wanted to include some humor and I heard your friends and family chuckle a bit during the ceremony. It makes my heart happy to know that you had a ceremony that fit you both. I know you are going to have a fun marriage -- laughter together is the best!

Cara · Married on 06/01/2018

Jackie was such a pleasure to work with! From our initial meeting with her, to fine-tuning our ceremony, she was responsive, original, and flexible; our ceremony really felt like it was all about us which is just what we were looking for. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Cara, the spark between you was so evident. I love all that I learned about you and the love
    you all brought to the ceremony. Thank you for choosing me--I'm glad I was able to be a part of your ceremony.

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Jackie made our day so wonderful. I do not think that our wedding would have been so special if she had not been there. Jackie was accommodating to our religious needs and was an absolute delight to work with. Jackie also put up with our willful flower girl/dog. My husband and I feel so lucky to have been able to book Jackie for our wedding. I highly recommend booking Jackie as your wedding officiant!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Willful flower dogs are the best! That unknown factor can be so adorable. You all stole my heart. The elegance and "true you" nature of your ceremony was so lovely. And, I love that the harp played throughout. I'm so glad I was part of it!

casey · Married on 05/17/2018

Jackie was absolutely amazing! She really outdid herself. Jackie took the time to get to know my husband and I and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. She is such a genuine person and made us feel like we've known her forever. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further. Thank you so much Jackie, you are amazing!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 19

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Casey, thank you for this great review. I loved your ceremony and I still think my favorite moment was when Gunner barked right as you kissed! You two were elegant and fun and so focused on the right things! Thank you for including me in your wedding day.

Julianna · Married on 04/01/2018

We had a quick last minute elopement. Jackie was easy to communicate and really sweet and personable! The ceremony was exactly what we were looking for, short and sweet and in the mist of the beauty of Lake Tahoe.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Julianna, your spontaneity was so fun! The fun elements of your ceremony were a treat for me. Congratulations to both of you!

Katherine · Married on 03/31/2018

Jackie was a complete pleasure to work with right from the beginning. Our wedding was a destination wedding which we planned from out of state so we had to do all of the coordination over the phone or through e-mails. Jackie made the entire process not only easy and efficient, but also very personalized. Her experience and knowledge of the Lake Tahoe area was invaluable and critical for helping us chose the beautiful location and wonderful photographers, bakers, and florists. She was extremely flexible and helped us with the final touches - even bringing and arranging a table with elegant white table-clothes for our unity ceremony. The result was a perfect wedding that was exactly what we wanted. You can tell that Jackie is full of passion for officiating weddings; she loves what she does and that reflects in the beauty of the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better interaction. She made our day the best possible. We recommend her wholeheartedly.

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 20
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 21
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 22
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 23

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for this awesome review! I love how your families gathered close as we honored them -- and your quinoa unity ceremony was just so perfect. Thank you for inviting me to be with you and officiate. It was special for me, too!

Amy · Married on 01/18/2018

Jackie was an English major, so if you care about having an officiant who can use the right words to capture the sentiment that best reflect you, she is your person. We eloped, and had about a week and a half to plan and find an officiant. Jackie talked to us for over an hour on the phone to get to know us, then wrote a beautiful and personalized ceremony that captured our story so well. She is awesome!

Sent on 01/15/2018
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 24

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Your ceremony has crossed my mind a lot--but one of my favorite memories is the layout of rocks in a heart shape that the kids worked so hard to gift us with! I am very late responding to this review, but I appreciate it very much. Your ceremony helped me think about the ways that we all connect and the value in honoring each other's differences. It was beautiful.

Cathy · Married on 11/12/2017

We are *so* grateful to have found Jackie Phillips to officiate our last-minute, surprise wedding ceremony (held in our backyard, in front of just our kids and my mom). Her insights and guidance elevated our simple little plan to a much higher level than we originally thought we'd do, which made the day all the more special and memorable!

Jackie's professionalism was only outdone by her warmth and charm. She took the time to get to know us (in a very short period of time) and came up with a ceremony that nailed our quirkiness and personalities, and included our family in on the fun. Her guidance and timing were spot-on, and her follow-up impeccable: from checklists for obtaining copies of the marriage certificate, to all the steps required for name changes -- she even took photos after the ceremony and emailed them to us.

We couldn't have picked a better officiant, and can't thank her enough for bringing so much to our special day. If you're on the fence about hiring Jackie Phillips to officiate your wedding, do yourself a favor -- JUST DO IT!!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 25

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Cathy! I love that love = laughter and fun for you, Roy and your family. Right away, you opened your heart and shared that with me. I loved your energy and your great family. This review is wonderful--and so are my memories. Thank you so much!

shanna · Married on 10/13/2017

She was more then amazing! We talked with her prior to the wedding so she could get to know who we were as individuals and as a couple. All of her writing was so beautiful and personal, it really shows she loves doing what she does! She welcomed our families (dogs too) with open arms. She waited for myself (the bride) who runs a little late, with no problem. And put up with our handful of a best man that enjoyed giving her a hard time :) ! She made everything fall into place and answered all our questions. Our day wouldn't of been as special without her

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 26

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Bringing in your daughter and your pup into the ceremony made it so fun and unexpected. I will always remember how she leaned against my legs during the ceremony. It melted my heart! Such a precious moment for me and a beautiful and personal ceremony. Thank you for this review and all of the details you shared.
  • FutureMrsKnowles

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

Jackie was amazing to work with. She made us feel comfortable right from the start, and managed to take our vision and turn it into reality. She was the perfect fit for our touches of spirituality that were not mainstream, and brought them to life in such a beautiful way. We had a small pseudo-elopement and between her and our photographer, they were the best two places we invested in our wedding. Well worth every penny. Not only was our ceremony everything and more, she was always super helpful when we had questions about our marriage license, and the rest of the pulling things together process. Plus! She has a beautiful smile and is easy to laugh with and enjoy being around. We would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jessica, thank you for this awesome review! I loved escaping to the woods with you and being able to capture your thoughts and vision for your ceremony. It felt so at one with the environment and your guests--and your son was so engaged in the ceremony. It was my pleasure to be there and be a part of it <3

Barbara · Married on 10/08/2017

If you want an amazing ceremony and heart felt personal vows for your wedding then Jackie Philips is the only officiant for you! Jackie was our gift to having a perfect wedding. She not only wrote the full ceremony but also suggested personal touches that we would have never had thought of our selves. We still have people stopping us to share how our ceremony was unforgettable, perfectly unique, and customized to fit the both of us. Jackie wrote vows that helped our love for each other be expressed in such a passionate and meaning full way that we ourselves cried 3 times just reading over them before the ceremony. Jackie is very personable, easy to work with and communicate with. Jackie also has great professionalism. She was always on time and dressed respectful business attire. Our marriage license was sent to the records office the very next business day with a tracking link. She also was a big help with resources for changing our names. Our wedding was wonderful and amazing thanks to Jackie. Her creativity and ability to capture emotion and express them in actions or words will make your wedding memorable to all! Our day was unforgettable and our friendship we gained with Jackie is priceless.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 27

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Barbara, thanks for this incredible review! The love between you and Katelyn truly made the ceremony come together so beautifully. And, wanting to have your girls honored as a key part of your family and relationship was so touching. I'm so glad we could include them in meaningful ways. I love that we have met and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. I loved the incredible suspense that built up with your entrance and the amazing love that we all felt between the two of you. (This photo is so special -- thank you!)

Susan · Married on 09/24/2017

Finding Jackie Phillips to officiate at our elopement was a tremendous gift. Although we began as strangers, her warmth and care soon won our trust... we felt like friends in record time. I can't imagine a better experience, or a kinder, more professional, calmer person to entrust with our marriage ceremony.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Susan. I enjoyed our quick connection--and I really loved the thought and ideas you brought to your ceremony. It was so personal and special. I loved being a part of it!

Alexandria · Married on 09/23/2017

The best experience with any vendor. She really made our entire ceremony the most perfect thing. Definitely worth the money to make our wedding so perfect.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant 28

Jackie Phillips, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ali--thank you so much. I love the way your ceremony was lighthearted and full of smiles. You kept everything running so smoothly and on time--both for the rehearsal and the ceremony. Thanks for choosing me!