21 Reviews for JACK, THE MUSIC DOCTOR DJ SERVICE

21 JACK, THE MUSIC DOCTOR DJ SERVICE Reviews

Jack is a true professional. I liked how he could recommend particular songs for this dance or this procession. He has a easy going personality that creates the ombiance for a great time and a good party. He is very reliable even with travel. His music style is a good blend between new and classic. Great Dj! Thank you Jack.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Seriously great fun! Jack was everything and more when it came to amazing entertainment. My guests were so happy with his ability to keep the flow going and the song choices were perfect. Jack met with us about three times prior to our day and it really helped personalize the event. He knew the right songs, who were the important people in our lives and he even announced my parents 58th anniversary with a special dance song for them (on OUR wedding day).....loved that! I highly recommend Jack. He is a top notch professional who knows music.

Thank you Jack!
Anna Moore

Profile Picture Anna, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jack is absolutely AMAZING!! From my first meeting with him, I was hooked! Jack played our ceremony music, cocktail hour and our reception. He kept every aspect our wedding flowing smoothly. His vast knowledge of music genres and how to mix genres is impressive beyond belief. I a middle aged bride with a love of all genres from 40's to 2015, my husband more the 70's 80's rock, our guests ranging in age 2 to 80 were dancing all night! All complimenting how great Jack was. ( I will also be sending his link to my guests) I was so indecisive, and Jack helped me with songs, and how the music should play to keep the flow of the party and our personalities. He was open and honest about our choices and how he would make them work. He has some of the most awesome ideas for keeping guests entertained during lulls (we had a buffet with about 100 guests) Jack was so great we actually extended our reception an extra hour and he didn't even hesitate when we asked for the extra time. No one was ready for this party to be over! If I ever have another event where I need a DJ he will hands down be the one!
Thank You Again Jack....We all Love You!!
Sheila & Robert Lengtat

Profile Picture Sheila, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack was awesome since we first met him and talked with him about being the dj for our wedding. He answered all our questions and was more then helpful with everything we needed. Jack was very professional and flexible. I would recommend Jack to dj any event.

Profile Picture User5515483, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack was awesome! We were nervous to have a DJ instead of a live band but once I met Jack, I knew we were in good hands. Here is what makes this DJ just great:
1. Experience - Jack has been in the business for a LONG time. His music archive is substantial and he has DJed so many events that he can read a room very, very quickly.
2. Knows how to orchestrate a party - Jack doesn't just play music.; he organizes the songs in the perfect way to ensure that your guests have an awesome time. In fact, following our wedding, people kept talking about how great Jack was. He brought out tambourines and did voice overs for a few of the songs -- hilarious!
3. Affordable - very pleased with Jack's pricing.
If you are looking for a DJ, just book Jack and check that item off of your to do list.

Profile Picture Vivian , 9/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jack was so wonderful, he was such a big help with everthing , he went well beyond what he needed to, just to make sure our day was perfect. He was absolutely amazing, he was so helpful, very professional and so kind. We will be forever grateful for all he has done. If you you need a D.J., look no furher. Jack is your man, we will use only Jack should we need a D.J. again! Thank you so much Jack
Melissa & Bernie

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would refer Jack to any bride! He was such a professional and fun vendor to work with throughout the entire planning process. He takes the time to get to know you, your style and desires for your event. Jack knows how to make a party go through the entire evening with so many fun a creative surprises and ideas. He made our Wedding so much fun!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jack the Music Doctor was the DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception in June and I do not hesitate to recommend him! He is very responsive and allowed us to really customize our ceremony and reception (songs, flow, announcements, etc.). He also worked well with our wedding coordinator. It was a wonderful, memorable day and the music was EXACTLY what we were looking for. The dance floor was full all night long! We had a mix of ages and musical tastes; he was able to please them all. As an emcee, he had a good balance of keeping the event flowing without making anything seem too forced. He also went above and beyond to help set my father and brother up with proper microphones so that they could play guitar and sing a few songs at the reception. It was a hit!

When we started the bouquet toss, not enough of the single ladies were getting to the dance floor. Jack asked our permission to play a fun song and invite ALL the ladies out. It worked like a charm! He then had the married ones clear the floor and we did the toss. I've seen DJ's make it super awkward during the bouquet toss but Jack did the opposite. He made it a fun memory for all.

Overall, I'd say Jack the Music Doctor provides excellent service at a very good price.

-Mrs. Garcia

Profile Picture User4737720, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had our wedding in Incline Village and are not from the area. We were really nervous about finding reliable services when we would be unable to meet with them face-to-face prior to our event. Jack the Music Dr helped make our day flawless!!! He kept the dance floor full all night (as promised) and provided enthusiasm (even in the rain that graced us with its presence). I would recommend him to anyone looking for DJ services in the area. He was a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Hayley, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very flexible and worked very hard to find each and every song we wanted. Helped make the day exceptional !

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack, the Music Doctor was the best DJ we could have hoped for. The venue where our wedding was held said he was the best DJ they have heard in the past few years. We would not disagree as our dance floor was full for the entire night. He had the unique ability to get and keep all ages of guest dancing as he mixed in great songs representing various genres and decades. Better yet, he knew the proper time to elevate the party and kept it going till the end of the night. He was very engaging with all of our guests and they raved about him for weeks after.

Besides Jack's amazing DJing skills, he is a true professional and is a pleasure to work with. From beginning to end he made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease. He is very flexible and encouraged us to meet/speak with him at any time. We met or spoke over the phone on multiple occasions including a time he met us at our venue a few days before the wedding. This allowed us to do a final walk through of our ceremony and reception with him as well as for him to finalize his set up.

Jack did everything you want from a DJ. He played ZERO songs from the DO NOT PLAY LIST, but also kept guest happy by playing some of their requests. He had a tremendous idea to replace the bouquet toss and garter toss (as we did not want to do that) with an Anniversary Dance (the couple married the longest got a great shout out, their own song to dance to and the bouquet and bottle of wine). It was an unbelievable moment that ALL guests loved as the couple had been together for 61 years and 2 months. The best part of all was that Jack promised great weather and he was able to make it happen.

All in all, Jack the Music Doctor is the man and is extremely fun to work with. We would highly recommend Jack for any event!

Thanks

Tim and Merry

Profile Picture Tim, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack was introduced to us by a friend who also used him at their wedding. We are so happy we received this recommendation because he was amazing! He has a true passion for music and has is the encyclopedia of musical knowledge. He spend about four hours with us in his studio going through different genera’s, songs, artists, etc….. providing recommendations but also listening to our specific requests. We built an immediate relationship with Jack and knew that we could trust him to play great music at our wedding.

At the wedding Jack did an amazing job as an MC/DJ by keeping everything on time and under control throughout the night. He started by playing light music during the cocktail hour, then leading everyone into the reception area, introducing the wedding party, first dance, anniversary dance, speeches, bouquet toss, party music, final dance and much much more. He took control when he needed too but let the party go when it was bumping. He has a way to make any situation flow perfectly.

They say your wedding is a night to remember but to be honest it flew by so fast! There are only a few things I remember; my beautiful bride, our friends and family staring at us during the ceremony, the embarrassing speech from my bestman, and the entire night running so smoothly because of Jack. He was the first one to set up, the last one to leave, and made sure our night was a memorable one for us and our guests! Trust me….it was!

I highly recommend Jack, The Music Doctor to anyone getting married or having a party!

THANK YOU JACK!

Profile Picture Scott & Jessica, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack was awesome. He had a great music selection, he is patient, and a great listener. All of the wedding guests had great comments to say about Jack and how well he set the mood for the wedding. Thanks so much Jack for making our day special. Angela and Andy

Profile Picture Angela, 8/9/14, 1 Review

Jack,

On behalf of our entire family we want to thank you again. If you'd ever like to use us for a reference we'd be happy to share our experience with others.

To: Whom It May Concern,

In June, our daughter was married in the sleepy little town of Bridgeport, CA. We had to hire a DJ for the event and had absolutely nothing to go on, as we live in San Diego, CA. I did a search using GOOGLE and typed in DJ's near Bridgeport, where I found a few, ranging from Sparks to Gardnerville. I called 6 to be sure we shopped around and could be as confident about our decision as possible with the distance of 500 miles between us. The first to return my phone call was Jack, the Music DR. He was professional and courteous, experienced and still sounded excited about his job. I liked all of that. Others didn't get back to me for several days. That was a strike against them in my book. Still others were extremely expensive claiming it was because of the travel required. When our decision was made the entire process went smoothly, from deposit to final payment, but more importantly from first consultation via phone to the last. Our daughter and her fiance' are music lovers and like a wide variety of genres. The music to be played was probably one of the most important aspects of the day for them. Jack was knowledgeable about their choices and also able to make suggestions. The entire day was PERFECT and the music was a hit!! There were people dancing to every song. Jack was great and always the professional.

Respectfully,

Debbie Bell
Mother of the Bride/Wedding Coordinator

Profile Picture User4323125, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jack the Music Doctor was an absolute hit at our wedding. The prep work he engaged in was very thorough, and we were confident that when our wedding day came he knew what we wanted to hear and what vibe we were going for.

Surprisingly, Jack was a big help in planning our ceremony too. He's clearly been to a lot of weddings and could offer us advice on timing and structure. This was an added bonus for us and we came to count on him for general wedding advice in addition to the strictly musical side of things. But the bottom line is that when it came time to dance, he made sure we were dancing all night. I was very impressed with his professionalism.

Jack showed up an hour earlier than he said he would on wedding day and made sure everything was perfect and ready to go once the ceremony started. I didn't notice any technical or equipment-related hiccups all night. He's got a great work ethic and I highly recommend him to those of you having a wedding in the Reno or Tahoe areas.

Profile Picture Jessica Zarin, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jack, we can't thank you enough for the wonderful job you did at our wedding and the reception. Several people told me, that is was the best wedding they have ever been to and you were the best D.J they ever heard. I wrote a letter of recommendation for you (see att) Thanks again... Vikki and Mark ---Here you go... "If you’re looking for a phenomenal D.J. .. who is totally reliable, has a large selection of music to choose from, gets everyone out of their chairs dancing and will make your event the 'talk of the town' …. STOP LOOKING, you just found him ! Jack was the D.J. at our wedding at The Double Eagle in June Lake. We couldn’t be more pleased. He kept the event moving and everyone dancing. Several people even said that he was the best D.J. they ever heard. Thank you, Jack, for everything." Vikki (Novak) and Mark Crough August 25th 2012
ps A LOT MORE REVIEWS ARE AT http://www.themusicdoctor.com/recentreferences.shtml

Profile Picture Vikki, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dear Jack, Thanks so much for Mc’ing and providing a great assortment of music for our wedding. We had a blast! And several people told us it was the most fun wedding they have ever attended. Thanks again. August 11, 2012 Mammoth Lakes, June Lake Lodge up on the Mountain

Profile Picture LAUREL, 8/11/12, 1 Review

He was great!

Profile Picture Sariah, 9/13/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jack was great! He was funny entertaining and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Chelsie, 7/11/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had Jack as my DJ, he is funny and entertaining. He did the best he could in my disaster of a wedding.

Profile Picture Angie, 1/26/18, 7 Reviews