JaCiva's Bakery Reviews

JaCiva's Bakery 2
JaCiva's Bakery 3
JaCiva's Bakery 4

Alysha · Married on 07/30/2011

I got my Bridal shower cake from them and it was absolutely delicious!!! Very Very good cake and the design of it was flawless!

Sent on 08/04/2011
  • samanthafeibel

Samantha · Married on 06/17/2011

We go to JaCiva's for most of our cakes and chocolates so we didn't have to think hard about them as our wedding cake. We were so happy with the results. They also give you a free anniversary cake if you return the cake stand.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Veronica · Married on 04/22/2011

Our cake was so beautiful and so good. We opted for a non-traditional look (white frosting roses completely covering the cake) based on an internet photo I saw. Not only was the cake perfectly executed but the red velvet was delicious.

Sent on 12/01/2011
  • JLPfau

Jennifer · Married on 04/03/2011

JaCiva's was amazing! The cake was great, we got nothing but compliments on it. The staff was friendly and available. We changed our wedding date twice and even the location once. They had no problem adjusting to our changing requests. They have been in business a long time and it isn't hard to see why.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Grace · Married on 03/25/2011

Our cake was included with our venue and they use JaCiva's. The cake tasted wonderful and was so pretty. They worked with us with what we wanted and offered advice as to what would look good. We chose red velvet and chocolate fudge as the 2 flavors and both tasted great. I like that they don't use fondant and the cake was poured with chocolate instead, which tastes much better! They even give you a gift card for a free topper on your one year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top of your original cake.

Sent on 04/07/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2010

WOW!! AMAZING CAKE!!! We have been using JaCiva's bakery for 20 years, and have never had a bad experience! So, it was easy to choose a wedding cake from them, and it was beautiful!! People commented that it was one of the most lovely cakes they had ever seen. And then they tasted it... and loved it even more! We had people going back for seconds and thirds just to taste all the flavors of each tier. I would highly recommend this bakery... you get excellent cake for a reasonable price, and they are so kind and easy to work with! We also used them to create our candies for the gift boxes, which came out perfect as well! This is a small, local business still owned by the same ma and pop that started it years ago, and deserves support to keep on making delicious desserts!!!

Sent on 08/17/2010
  • Kathy

Kathy · Married on 07/24/2010

The cake turned out beautifully. We had given the bakery a challenge with the color of the butter cream. They came though with flying colors.

The tiers were perfectly off-set and decorated with white chocolate calla lilies.

I would only make one recommendation for future brides. The bottom tier was "Pink Champagne". The taste was incredible. However, if you plan to have this flavor, make sure that the cake is cut shortly after arrival....and hot weather is not a friend to this flavor.

It was basically a loss.....it was simply too warm in the room and the cake had been out too long. The other layers (poppyseed and white) held up fine. The Pink Champagne is simply too delicate to wait that long and get as warm as it did.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 12/12/2009

JaCiva's has an excellent reputation in Portland, Oregon. After planning my recent wedding, I understand why. Jaciva's offers not only cakes, but their professional advice. They have a knack for customer service and are flexible. My sales rep Tami was extremely professional and willing to work with my vision and last minute ideas. They have everything displayed in their showroom, they have their flavors available on hand for tastings, and their price lists are easy to read and understand. They offer delivery and set up to your venue (for a fee). This was one of our easiest and most favorite wedding planning experiences.

Sent on 01/14/2010

Katherine · Married on 08/02/2009

My Mom and I were able to try all of the cakes ahead of time. They created the most beautiful cake for my husband and I, and all I did was bring them a photograph of one of their cakes I loved from a bridal show. It tasted great too! Fabulous!! I would hire them again in an instant!

Sent on 12/03/2009

Erica · Married on 07/19/2009

Our cake was AMAZING and truely the most beautiful cake I've seen. We had a different flavor for each of our 4 tiers... Each flavor was incredible. All our guests loved it. JaCivas also provided us with some custom made wedding cookies with thank you chocolates in a cute little bag as our favors. The cookies were out of this world as well as the choc. Everyone keeps commenting on them.

Sent on 08/11/2009

NICOLE · Married on 07/11/2009

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing!

Sent on 02/17/2010

Anastasia · Married on 06/06/2009

My husband and I had an idea for a cake, but it was out of our budget. So we tried to simplify the design to get it into our price range -- and then the lady who was helping us asked us if we were only doing that to save money. We of course said yes, and then she told us to not no bother because she was going to make us our dream cake for our budget because we deserve to have our dream cake. It was so awesome!

Sent on 12/10/2009

David · Married on 04/18/2009

My Wife and I would like to thank you for everything you did to make our wedding beautiful, memorable, and delicious! We had interaction with almost every employee during the year run-up to our wedding and find it hard to express in words how wonderful every single person was. Our wedding cake and cookie wedding favors were delicious and beautiful, undeniable proof of why you are Portland's best bakery. Susan and I tip our hats and can't wait to come out again to say hello and sample everything in the shop!

Sent on 05/21/2009

Anna · Married on 03/02/2008

For years I have kept a picture of the wedding cake I dreamed of. Not only was JaCiva's able to reproduce it, but the flavor of the cake was incredible. We were shown books of the styles of cakes they have done in the past. We also were given samples of the different flavors. They have an enormous selection of flavors to choose from each one more delicious than the last. We not only chose the flavor of cake but the flavor of icing! JaCiva's is also a chocolatier, so if it can't be formed in icing it can be in chocolate. The staff was courteous, attentive and professional. The store was exceptionally clean.

Everyone at our wedding raved over the cake when they saw it. When they tasted it they couldn't get enough. We could have just served the cake it was that good!

We have since gone back on a Friday night to enjoy scrumptious desserts in their new back room. The room is set up with tables and chairs so you can sit and enjoy a full selection of tasty treats. Yummy yummy!!! You have to try the chocolate fondue, I'm still dreaming of it.

Sent on 04/28/2008

Andrea · Married on 06/30/2007

I went to Jaciva's for my cake because I used to work there and knew how amazing their service is! It's a family owned business who works with you in every way possible to get the cake just the way you like. And the flavors are amazing! I recommend tasting the pink champagne. You can ask them to deliver and set up the cake for you. Also, as a bonus for returning the cake boards, you get a free 1st aniversary cake to look just like the real one, so there is no need to freeze the top tier!

Sent on 12/07/2007

Brooke · Married on 06/22/2007

We had a horrible experience at Helen Bernhart's bakery and called JaCiva's in a panic. They were so helpful and gave us exactly what we wanted. And, the cake was beautiful and tasty--often a rarity in the wedding world!

Sent on 11/12/2007

angela · Married on 08/26/2005

They are so awesome! My cake was beautiful! It tasted really great as well! We had no problems scheduling a time to go in for a tasting, and they worked really hard to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. The end result was a beautiful 4-tier masterpiece of 2 tiers each of lemon poppy seed cake w/ raspberry creme filling, & pink champagne cake w/ pink champagne filling. After my wedding I've gone back several times for various occasions- we like to get a special cake every year on our anniversary. They even give you your first anniversary cake free when you order your wedding cake there. They have a really great selection.

Sent on 03/04/2009

Meredith · Married on 11/11/2017

Our cake was absolutely stunning and surprisingly delicious. We had so many guests comment on the quality of the cake. We had a 3 tiered cake with white/raspberry filling (surprisingly my favorite), german chocolate on the 2nd tier and poppyseed with berry top tier. All delicious. The picture below does not do it justice, but is still stunning.

JaCiva's Bakery 5
    Sent on 11/19/2017

Christina · Married on 07/23/2016

I love love this bakery. I usually got my birthday cakes from there when I was living in Portland and so I was super excited to have them make my wedding cake(s), too. I had them make two of their two-tiered cakes for my culturally blended wedding as well as my Cambodian wedding. They were able to accommodate the intricate details and match the pictures I had presented to the T. The cakes were, of course, delicious and I loved the flavors they offered. They were super nice and professional from start to finish. The only setback was that the platform for the cake extended out a couple inches from the size of the cake stand but it wasn't that big of a deal because I know they make quality cakes. We had their banana cake with fresh banana filling, champagne with champagne swiss cream and fresh strawberries as well as my favorite poppyseed cake with raspberry cream filling. Everybody said they enjoyed the cakes as well! Oh yes, and they even made a caricature of our fur-baby corgi for the cake that looked awesome. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2016

If you want a beautiful and delicious cake you HAVE to go Jaciva's!!! We found Jaciva's at a wedding show and I fell in love with the cake itself. My fiance and I went in to have a taste test and look at decorating option and fell more in love. The cake decorator (sorry forgot her name) was super friendly and definitely has the heart of an artist. She feels out what you want makes suggestions and overall makes your perfect cake! The ONLY thing I would say was when discussing the cake, the way she took notes was all over the place. When I checked in about a month before the wedding we had to go over things and she took more notes so she could understand what she wrote before. She ended up doing an almost 100% perfect cake, The color gradient up the cake was not quite as dark as we had discussed and in the picture she drew but in the end it was a minor thing and didn't matter. The cake was beautiful and it tasted beautiful. They were on time, reasonably priced compared to other bakeries (I did a 2 tier cake and 2 half sheet cakes) and by far the best tasting. I would highly suggest supporting this great, classic, family owned company!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/11/2011

This place is amazing. I love the cake and the way it tasted. They are very nice people who are really family orientated. I loved it and would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Erin Rose · Married on 12/13/2008

Our wedding cakes were so wonderful! We brought in photos and ideas of cakes we loved and JaCiva's helped us make them into reality! Our cakes were so yummmy! Our guests still tell us how wonderful our chocolate cake was with chocolate ganash! Yummy!

Sent on 01/26/2009

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

cake was delicious!

Only complaint is i ordered color to be painted on and they airbrushed it causing little spots on the cake. But it was still beautiful

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

The cake was beautiful and delicious! People can't stop talking about how amazingly delicious our wedding cake was!

Sent on 05/31/2017
  • onawho

Ona · Married on 08/14/2015

FH and I are using Timberline Lodge as our venue for the ceremony and the reception. As an added bonus, JaCiva's is the cake provider! We fly out to Portland to do some details (we live in FL) and while we where there we did a tasting to pick out our layers and talk about decorating the cake.

As part of the package from Timberline we get X amount of credit to work with when picking out which size cake and how elaborate the decorating can get (without us paying extra out of pocket).

We were served tea, coffee and given the binder to flip through as our consultant brought us our samples.

HOLY COW! We only needed a two tier cake, but are adding an extra sheet cake because we could not just pick 2 flavors.

The decoration allowance is pretty large and selecting our design was easy.

When you bring the supports back, you get a certificate for a small cake for your first anniversary, but since we live out of town we will miss out....Guess we will have to fly to Portland for our anniversary for the cake...yes, it is that good!

Sent on 01/05/2015