J Wiley Photography Reviews

17 | Los Angeles, CA

17 Reviews for J Wiley Photography

Julie · Married on 04/08/2017

Jen was the first vendor we booked for our wedding. I discovered her through a deep dive exploration of wedding blogs and Instagram hashtags. Wedding photography is all so beautiful, but I kept coming back to her photos - there was an expressiveness and authenticity that just captured my heart.

Jen met with my now-husband and I at our neighborhood bar for an initial consultation. We vibed with her off the bat - we had SO much to talk about. We realized how key this was in hiring a photographer - someone that GOT us, and who we would feel comfortable spending an emotionally-fueled 8+ hours with on our wedding day.

We did our two-hour engagement shoot with Jen and her partner Frank in Echo Park and seriously had the BEST time. They made us both feel comfortable being in front of the camera. Jen even helped with styling my outfit, knowing what would translate well on camera while allowing me to feel like myself.

Not only is Jen incredibly professional, communicative and consultative, but she is best-in-class at what she does. She understands her craft and works with the environment to create the most beautiful photos that truly evoke the feelings of the day. Plus, she's as cool as they come. We love Jen!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Levin · Married on 11/12/2016

Jen is a wonderful human being who also happens to be really great at photography! During our wedding, she hit that sweet spot between being professional and easy going. The photographs she took for us are beautiful, candid, intimate and not at all like 90 percent of wedding photography online that makes people look like Tommy Hilfiger models and not, you know... people!

So, yeah, I would recommend Jen wholeheartedly and without reservation for anyone who wants to have good looking, sweet photographs of their wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Naz · Married on 10/15/2016

Jen Wiley photographed our wedding in October, and we are SO grateful to have found her! Jen's ability to capture the emotion behind every moment is absolute perfection! She has a talent for telling stories through her photos and they trigger you to feel something. We were completely blown away at how she captured so many amazing candid photos with the perfect lighting, focus and composition. She undoubtedly knows what she's doing and gives great insight, but also super intentional in hearing and executing your vision.

Jen and her partner James are not only talented, but also a blast to work with! They have an amazing spirit that is magnetic. They are so easy going and have the ability to add so much good energy into the space. My husband and I fell in love with them as people! They have the perfect combination of relaxed and calm, but also passionate, professional, and well organized. I thought it was a testament to Jen's professionalism when our wedding coordinator also raved about her work ethic. She has an incredible commitment and love for photography and people!

We cannot recommend Jen Wiley enough! If you have the opportunity to work with Jen Wiley, take it!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Alejandra · Married on 09/17/2016

Jen was fantastic! She has a great eye for capturing beauty, but more importantly made us instantly comfortable and was a pleasure to be with during our wedding. Neither of us is naturally at ease in front of a camera--and we certainly had a lot of emotions to juggle on the wedding day--but Jen's awesome mix of artistic abilities and lovely personality made for the most beautiful, joyful, and true pictures!

Sent on 02/26/2017

L · Married on 06/30/2016

"This wedding photographer is good, but she's not Jen Wiley!". Jen has become the standard by which I compare all other wedding photographers to. This is a really high standard. I originally only planned to have Jen do our engagement photos in LA since I thought her specialty was LA engagement photography. However, she was so good that I knew I had to fly her up to SF for our wedding too. Turns out that her specialty is just overall amazing photography that captures the moments - laughter, fun, crying, and excitement. And even though Jen never photographed at our location before, she scoped out the place ahead of time and found hidden places to photograph that I never saw during my online location research.

She didn't do that many posed photos (and I knew that ahead of time) but the posed family photos she did have were perfect (quality vs. quantity). The majority of the rest of the pictures were candid and showed off Jen's expertise in her photojournalistic style. My friends and family could not stop raving about the photos!

Jen listens ahead of time, gets excited about the little things (which gets your excited too), is very responsive via email and phone, and has great ideas of where to go and what places have the best lighting.

Lastly, don't forget your engagement photos with her. Her LA engagement photos are so unique and don't look like cliche engagement photos. You HAVE to get a "J Wiley" mural photo whenever you are able to. Look at her blog and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Sent on 06/18/2016

Karren · Married on 04/26/2015

The search is over! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Jen Wiley!! My husband and I got married on April 26 2015. Choosing a photographer was one of the most difficult things during the wedding planning process. I was especially picky with style and lighting. Our wedding was at Carondelet House which is an indoor venue with several rooms and a couple courtyards, so logistically it is challenging. After countless searches of photographers, especially ones that have worked at Carondelet House, Jen's photographs (which my husband found on Pinterest) were the ONLY ones that mesmerized me and left an indelible mark in my brain! She captures a couple's story so well with candid emotions, beautiful lighting, and perspectives no other photographers would have captured! I had to track her down!

I knew she was the one when I met with her for coffee at a very short notice. Our personalities meshed so well and she has such a positive energy that I knew my husband and I would be very at ease in front of her camera. She has such an outgoing and lovely personality but at the same time very professional and punctual when it comes to emails and meetings. She was also willing to work within our budget which was a huge plus for us. Come wedding time, Jen and her second photographer Haley were very cool, courteous, and so unobtrusive that you forget they were there.

It's been 6 months since my husband and I got married and we just LOVE LOVE LOVE looking back at our photographs. Jen did an awesome job with taking us to our HAPPY PLACE.....SIGH!! The pictures were vibrant, flowed like a story, and captured our blush and gold Old World vintage theme so well. The pictures came out more beautiful than I had imagined! So much so that recently we found out that Wedding Chicks, a popular wedding website, will be featuring our wedding. We are sooo stoked!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Allie · Married on 10/26/2014

When I first saw some of Jen's work online, I wasn't even looking for a photographer. I was still searching for a wedding venue, combing through countless articles recapping peoples' big day. I was trying to decipher where all these happy people got hitched when I was distracted - and quickly mesmerized - by Jen's work. She told a story of love through her photographs. She captured personalities, not poses. Her photos showed people, not things. I knew then that Jen would play a big role in our wedding, and in our lives.

Jen's contributions to my wedding were remarkable. She was more than a photographer; she was my friend, confidant, advocate and story teller. Her work ethic is beyond compare. Jen made me feel comfortable & at ease with the camera, offering words of encouragement and gentle direction. Most importantly, Jen kept me calm and focused during the whirlwind that was my wedding day. She was a great judge of any photo op - when needed, she was a ninja and snapped photos discreetly. Conversely, when she required someone for a memorable pic, Jen got their attention with grace and respect.
    All in all, Jen's professionalism is only matched by her kind personality & lovely demeanor. I can't emphasize that enough. She filled the air with fun and joy.

Thanks to Jen I have absolutely stunning reminders of my favorite day. I scroll through her photos often and each time I'm filled with love and happiness and gratitude.

Jen was able to depict the spirit of our love on film. She magically illustrated the joy that oozed from our pores, while encapsulating our unique and fun personalities. I literally could not have asked for a better photographer.

I'm thankful every day that Jen will forever be a part of my most cherished memories. CALL JEN NOW!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Krista · Married on 05/17/2014

My fiance and I asked Jen to photograph our engagement session, and we were so incredibly happy with this decision.

Right from the get-go when we contacted her, Jen was friendly, excited, and supportive of our hopes and vision for the shoot. She gave us helpful tips on what to wear and was 100% in for including our little dog in part of the shoot- a must for us!

We instantly clicked with Jen, and she really put us at ease in front of the camera. We had so much fun exploring our neighborhood with her and heading down to the beach. Jen captured our relationship in a special, organic way- she gave us just enough direction to get great shots, but my favorites were the shots she captured of us in the "in-between" moments.

Not only did we have a blast hanging out with Jen, but our pictures are so incredibly special to us and turned out better than we could have imagined. THANK YOU, Jen- you are so talented and a true gem!

Pooja · Married on 06/29/2013

Jen (and her incredible assistant, Mary) photographed our wedding in June. There are literally thousands of photographers out there and a web search will easily lead you to many of them. Right from the first search, Jen's photos stood out to us because they felt "real". The moments were natural, raw, and immensely genuine. She captures a mood, tells a story, and always makes you laugh - really laugh! We barely noticed her at all during the actual wedding, but when looking at the pictures it seems like she didn't miss a beat. We cannot recommend Jen highly enough

Sent on 12/11/2013

Allison · event on: 06/01/2013

My Fiance and I did our engagement photos with Jen in Santa Monica. She is amazing to work with, we felt so comfortable and had such a fun time! She definitely captured our personality and made it feel so natural! We highly recommend J Wiley Photography!

Aline · Married on 06/01/2013

Jen photographed our wedding day in June 2013. We can't begin to say how much we loved working with Jen. First of all, her personality is wonderful. She is so positive and is such fun to hang out with. She made us feel right at ease during our engagement session and we knew our wedding day would be so fun knowing that she would allow us to be our silly selves without too many "posed" pictures.

The photographs themselves are absolutely stunning and very much unique, which make her photos stand out. We searched high and low for our perfect photographer (after all, when we are old and grey, the photos are what we will most likely cherish) and Jen was our perfect match!

All the photos are natural and capture the fun, love and laughter of the day. Our reception was at a vineyard and those shots at sunset are just spectacular! She was able to capture shots of our family and friends that show such emotion and happiness. We know that we made the right decision in hiring Jen for our special day and we can't wait for our next photo shoot with her (baby shoot is next!!!!).

Sent on 12/11/2013

Meredith · event on: 02/02/2013

My partner and I had an engagement photo session with Jen earlier this year. It was comfortable and chill, and although I had been kind of nervous about everything beforehand, it actually ended up being super fun! Jen was really warm and encouraging, and we were able to relax right away. My partner and I spent the whole time laughing and messing around together, and the photos came out beautifully.

Jen led us through nooks and crannies of Venice with gorgeous landscaping and architecture, gave us helpful direction so we weren't left floundering in front of the camera, and let me and my partner be our weird, dorky selves together. Her photographs are stylish, unusual, beautifully lit, and artistically composed. And most importantly, we look like ourselves-- extra-fantastic, happy, loving versions of ourselves.

It was a wonderful experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you Jen!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Mackenzie · Married on 09/02/2012

I cannot say enough about Jen and her ability to take phenomenal pictures. Not only is she extremely talented with a camera, but she is warm and funny and instantly put myself and my husband at ease. I did a lot of research to find the perfect photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures and it certainly paid off. We were thrilled with the finished product and have received endless compliments on how great our engagement and wedding photos turned out.

Jen was easily the best investment of our wedding day - I look at these photos every day and am always in awe of how accurately she captured the love, excitement, and happiness of our wedding day. I cannot say enough positive things - you will not regret the decision the have her capture the most important moments!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Amy · Married on 07/21/2012

Jen is amazing!! She photographed our engagement session and wedding in Chicago in July, and we couldn't have made a better choice. We were initially drawn to her photojournalistic style and after our first meeting, we were sold by her warm, outgoing, and cheerful personality. It was important for me to not only love the photo style (none of those posey boring shots here) but also to connect with the photographer.

During our engagement session and beyond, Jen remained incredibly positive, in a genuine way, which made us newbies to the camera lens as comfortable as can be. Apart from her awesome personality, she delivers a quality product. Her passion for photography and her ability to put her emotions into her work sets her pictures apart from others. I also cannot tell you how many compliments we have received on our wedding pictures (and engagement photos which we used for the save the date). Please check out her photoblog on her website!

Bonus is that her price point is comparable if not better than the other photographers we looked into making her totally worth it and a complete package! I recommend JWiley without reservation :)

Sent on 12/13/2013

Natalie · Married on 07/01/2011

was lucky enough to have Jen be our photographer for our July 1st 2011 wedding- I do not think their are enough positive adjectives in the world to describe Jen and her amazing photos. She's extremely easy to work and communicate with, very professional but fun with a great personality, responds quickly to questions/emails (any Bride will appreciate this) and most importantly a wonderful person in general. Her photos are timeless and elegant but also fun and quirky at the same time. When it came to planning our wedding one thing we both wanted was to have a unique photographer-most times when you look at wedding photos they are standard and unoriginal and that was the last thing we wanted. I searched the web and called a few places and after talking to the photographers without any chemistry at all-I turned to Facebook and started clicking on random peoples wedding photos, I luckily some how got redirected to Jens page and was amazed by her work -it had the vintage romantic feeling we were looking for. The first time I talked to Jen we ended up being on the phone for over 2 hours-talking about everything from my upcoming wedding to our personal life and by the end of our conversation I told her to save our date.

We used her for both our engagement and wedding photos and both experiences were extremely enjoyable- especially since we were both nervous having our pictures taken. Everyone loved our engagement pictures and were blown away by all the different shots and angles- they turned out better then we could have imagined and ended up using them for our save the dates. Everyone at our wedding loved how easy she was to work with and how she made taking so many pictures extremely enjoyable-especially since it was over 90 degrees that day. The compliment I received the most was "I wish I had her as my wedding photographer." She understood our vision and we will now have beautiful photos to last us a lifetime-although I feel her work is more like art then just photos. She captured all the important moments but also all the moments we would of missed since the day goes by so fast.

Any one that books Jen is extremely lucky-not only is she an amazing wedding photographer but also an incredibly passionate-caring person. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with her work.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Merrill · Married on 09/05/2009

We found Jennifer thru a booking company. I wish we would have know she was venturing out on her own. We loved working with her for our engagement pics. She has a great personality and put both my husband and I at ease for the duration of the shoot. The day of the wedding was the best though. Both Dennis (husband) and I were excited to see how the photos turned out. We knew they were going to be good, but we were blown away with the shots that she was able to capture.

We are planning on using her again in the future, but not through that other company. She is a great photographer to work with and very talented.

Sent on 09/29/2009

Jen was hands down, our favorite wedding vendor. Wedding photography was the top of my priority list while wedding planning. I went through dozens and dozens of photographer websites and portfolios before finding Jen. As soon as I met her, I knew we'd be in good hands. Not only is her work amazing - our engagement photos and wedding photos won rave reviews from everyone - but she is just so darn nice! Being in front of the camera can be awkward and vulnerable but Jen made it so easy. As everyone else here has said, she's super friendly, warm, and accommodating. I originally had all these crazy ideas for our photoshoot and Jen managed to very diplomatically talk me down to something more manageable. It's takes real skill to deal with high-maintenance, emotional brides and Jen never made me feel like a bridezilla. She was also incredibly meticulous during the album editing process and her design skills there are amazing as well.

I'll probably remember a dozen other wonderful things about Jen that I forgot to mention as soon as I hit post on this review, but suffice it to say that you should just hire her. It's completely worth it.