J. Scott Catering Reviews

112 | Malvern, PA

112 Reviews for J. Scott Catering

1 User photo

Laura · Married on 09/04/2010

Amazing food, lovely presentation, and flexible appointments with a bride planning a wedding in Chester County while living in Pittsburgh. Even the tasting session was elegant, professional, and delicious!

Sent on 03/07/2011

Krystin · Married on 05/22/2010

After seeing only two pictures of Radnor Hunt, I knew it was the exact location I was looking for. And J. Scott Catering came with it. What a relief not to have to spend time looking for another caterer! Our coordinator, Nicole, was incredible. Our personalities clicked, and she was so much fun to plan with! She always had an answer for my questions, was extremely creative, made great suggestions, and worked with us not only price, but on the menu, as well. The chef used one of my favorite recipes for one of the hors d'oeuvres for cocktail hour!! We opted for a station set-up versus sit-down, and the guests had so much fun making their own sliders, Chinese take-away, and quesadillas!

I would never hesitate to call J. Scott for any other even I wanted catered. To this day, almost a year later, our friends and family still comment on the fun they had at our wedding. Thanks to Scott and everyone who made it an absolutely perfect day!!

Sent on 03/07/2011

Kathleen · Married on 05/22/2010

When we set our wedding date, one of our first call was to Scott. Having used J. Scott Catering several times in the past, we knew that Scott would provide food and service that was exceptional.
    Scott went above and beyond in his professionalism and service. Both my husband and I have busy schedules, so we were difficult to meet with at times. Scott always accomodated us, often consulting via phone or email. Every question about every tiny detail was answered within 24 hours, and came with reccommmendations.
    Even having known Scott for many years, he still made planning this event special for us. He was flexible about the menu and had suggestions for each of our requests. Our guests still rave about the food at our wedding!
    Scott, however, helped beyond just catering in our planning. He provided us with names for vendors who were in tune with our vision for our wedding day. Our wedding day was truly one of the most magical days of my life. A lot of the visual memories of that day come thanks to Scott.

Sent on 03/17/2011

Kristen · Married on 11/07/2009

I have to tell you my search like any bride's began looking all all prospects available for my venue Phoenixville Foundry. I happened to have one day in particular my mom and I were out scouting. I had an appointment with Scott and I was running late. I had called to say I was going to be a half hour late and apologized, & offered to reschedule due to my tardiness. Scott asked me: "Will meeting at a later date possibly influence your time you have for decision making?' And I replied honestly, that it might. Scott immediately said he's rearrange his day to accommodate my still coming to meet him. We pulled in and were floored by our welcome we received...a parking spot reserved for me with my name on it. I'm sure all bride's get that, but still I loved it. We were impressed already. Scott was extremely down to earth and very honest. At the end of our meeting he offered a tasting if we were truly undecided between him and someone else. By far it was obvious this man knew how to do business & wanted ours.

Now I can say, I know every bride does her research. And so you should. When the cost of the catering is 50-70% of the cost of the wedding and can cost tens of thousands of dollars, you should be certain on your selection. Knowing this, and given the fact our savings is what was paying for our wedding, when I saw on Scott's site, his other places he's worked and school he's attended, I made some calls. I got positive feedback from both places. I also contacted Best of Main Line as he'd been voted "best of", finding out that Scott was very well respected in the industry & was the preferred caterer for Radnor Hunt Club.

At the tasting, my parents, husband and I sat down and were blown away by the presentation. Scott did not stay in the room while we discussed things, and his food was magnificent. Upon speaking to Scott, he mentioned that during these economic times, he may put in more hours and have to work a little harder, but in the end he felt he'd come out ahead. We knew we wanted to give him our business for sure.

Scott was extremely prompt in every question I had and made sure I felt important on his list, no matter how far off our wedding was. Even a week prior when I handed him a 20 page play by play briefing of the day...he never looked at me like I was a crackhead. (No doubt he & his assistant had to be thinking it :-) I may have portrayed the qualities of a nutcase getting closer to the big day.

The day went flawlessly! Scott was battling strep throat and ended up having to leave a little before he wanted to. We never knew he was gone, that's how great his team was. I had lists of every single thing that needed to make it back home for us, and his staff was 100% on top of it. I was missing nothing. The food was ravishing & portions were generous! We had chicken cordon bleu & filet. At our tasting, he offered to have the duet of both as a option for guests also. I just had to indicate selections on peoples cards. We got many compliments on every thing on the menu. I even had centerpieces that required his staff to turn on the battery operated lights, and when I walked in the room it was perfect.

I can honestly say Scott & his team 1000% executed my vision. For all the time & energy he put into my big day, I only wish I had posted my review sooner for him to show my appreciation. However, three months later, as promised, I am here writing. I'd be happy to elaborate more, but I haven't left out much. Contact Scott for my information if needed.

KH

Sent on 01/27/2010

Meghann · Married on 08/01/2009

J. Scott did a fabulous job for our wedding. They carefully attended to every detail to help ensure that my vision of our wedding day was attained. The level of service on our wedding day and the food far exceeded any of my expectations. I cannot say enough positive comments about our experience with J. Scott.

Sent on 03/11/2011
  • shannie82

shannon · Married on 06/20/2009

J Scott Catering made my parents, my husband and myself feel completely at ease from the beginning. We went to a tasting that they offered at the Philopatrian, one of their wedding venues. It was amazing!

We quickly booked them for our wedding on June 20, 2009...and are so glad that we dd. Our guests raved about many aspects of the wedding, but none so much as the food! It was delicious...perfectly prepared, and the service was fantastic.

One of the many things I loved about working with J Scott was their new wedding packages, everything from signature cocktail down to the truffles on the table was included, and everything was divine!

I have worked with Scott for a few years in my professional career, and would turn to no one else for the most important day of our lives... I will continue to reccomend him to anyone and everyone... especially those that feel that food is just as important as your wedding dress, and that ensuring your wedding guests have an excellent meal is part of the big picture! Let's face it...there's nothing worse than eating a gray piece of steak with wilted veggies!

Sent on 09/25/2009

Donna · Married on 05/02/2009

My guests are still raving about the food at our wedding. And I have an Italian family who is hard to impress! Not only was the food great, but Scott and his assistant, Nicole, were great to work with. They were fun and always accomodating. I highly recommend J. Scott Catering!

Sent on 05/18/2009

Donna · Married on 05/02/2009

Sent on 06/04/2009

lisa · Married on 11/15/2008

Our event coordinator was Nicole Sigda. We knew which of their many venues we wanted our event at prior to the first meeting at the location with Nicole. We were planning a small wedding and service with about 5 months lead time. After the first meeting and tour of the location we breathed a sigh of relief that it was possible to have a tasteful event without a year of planning. Nicole gave us recommendations for many vendors that were reasonably priced, professional and wonderful to work with. They included the photographer, florist and hotel.

While I am a relatively organized person, I had never planned any type of event before and was a bit nervous. Nicole was available to answer any questions about setup, timing, vendors, anything. It was great to have a sounding board when needed or suggestions where we didn't know how to handle certain details. Everyone at J Scott worked well with vendors (location, bartenders, DJ, bakery) and officiant they had not met before. You do not feel obligated to use anyone that they recommend.

Our guests have been extremely complimentary of our wedding. Despite some major rain, Radnor Hunt was beautiful. Our guests enjoyed all of the food and evening, they never had to step outside once they entered. I was also able to get ready with my bridal party at the location which was very convenient even in perfect weather.

All of Nicole's staff the day of the wedding were friendly and professional. Everything ran on schedule. I missed a lot of the details like favors, place cards as the bride. It's been nice to see now in my photographs how nicely they had arranged everything. I would not hesitate to recommend J Scott and Nicole for any type of event. Our wedding definitely exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 02/05/2009
  • I

Ileen · Married on 08/23/2008

My fiancé and I decided on a two year engagement so that we would have plenty of time to prepare. It ended up we got wrapped up with work and next thing you know we only had a little less than a year and nothing started. I researched different caterers in the Chester County area and kept seeing
    J Scott Catering. I figured I would give them a call to get some information. Next thing you know, what I thought was going to be an absolute endless task, I had not only food recommendations but contacts for location, bands, florists, etc.

Immediately, J Scott Catering wanted to set up a consultation with Don (my fiancé) and I to understand who we are and what we were looking for on the most important day of our lives. They took our vision and ran with it OVER AND ABOVE what we had ever dreamed of. Unfortunately, Don and I were on a specific budget but wanted an exceptional wedding that no one would forget. Again, J Scott over achieved and our guests are still raving. From each individual hors d’oeuvre to our four course meal, it was like the prepared each and every single piece for each of my guests. Outstanding attention to detail, impeccable service and overall MASTERS!

The staff that worked our event were friendly and caring yet professional and patient (especially with uncle bill- who only wanted one specific drink throughout dinner) and just went above and beyond the call of just “working another wedding”. They made sure to personally say congratulations to Don and I and seemed as though they were generally happy to be there and working together. I can’t tell you enough how honored I am to say that I was able to have J Scott Catering on my wedding day. They eased all of my concerns and questions through out the entire process, even by taking care of: all the rentals we needed, cake, flowers, venue, candles and more!

Thumbs up, Hat’s off, Five Stars doesn’t even touch J SCOTT CATERING! Thank you

Sent on 09/11/2008

Jacque · Married on 06/01/2008

Our planner was Perry Ratcliffe, and she did a phenomenal job! She was so accommodating, and really worked hard to make our day perfect! She adapted the menu to fit our tastes, especially with me being a vegetarian. We did a brunch buffet service rather than dinner, and it was perfect! She took on so much responsibility for me because I did not have a wedding planner, and did an amazing job! She did everything from help decide table layout and setup to putting out and arranging the decorations on the day of the wedding. We also ordered all of our linens through J. Scott, and everything was beautiful and very professional!

Sent on 07/06/2008

Holly · Married on 09/29/2007

J Scott was exceptional. The food and service were amazing. We got so many compliments from our guests. They were pricey (in our opinion) but well worth it. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/10/2008

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2006

Amazing food!!!! From the appetizers to the dinner we were extremely pleased. He offers an amazing tasting which I highly recommend where you go and sit down and sample so many things! He was flexible with last minute changes and just created a wonderful meal to go with the tone of the evening.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Tara · Married on 09/16/2006

J. Scott is nothing short of first class. If you're looking for a caterer who is going to take the time to ensure that you have everything down to the exact ketchup brand you want -- my husband will only eat Heinz and J. Scott delivered! -- then this is the man for you.

Right away from your consultation with Scott, you can give a little sigh of relief because you'll feel as if everything is going to be fantastic. Our consultation consisted of a meeting in a comfortable pseudo dining room, complete with drinks (I opted for wine while my husband settled on soda) and lite fare. Being from NY, I'm used to the huge cocktail hour spreads, and Scott helped us make that happen. (I've been to a few weddings in the DE/PA area, and can say that the cocktail hours are a little understated compared to what I'm used to.)

After negotiating a price -- a far less exasperating experience than I thought it would be; again, Scott has class -- we had our tasting. All I can say is that the food served at our wedding was exactly the same as the food we had at our tasting. The fillet was out of this world! My father-in-law is a butcher, and even he was impressed with the cuts of meat. And the size our guests received was right on with the size we agreed upon. I could go on and on about the food -- the salmon with lobster sauce, the sides, the Tuscan chicken -- all I can say that our guests were still talking about how delicious everything was when we got back from the honeymoon!

The set up for our cocktail hour was also impressive. We had ice boats (they just "came" with our crab claws and shrimp) and lovely candles assembled throughout our reception area. (We had the reception at The Patio at Archmere Academy.)

Finally, service was impeccable. Servers knew what they were doing. They dressed in all black -- they looked a little "monkish," I must admit -- but they were attentive to my guests' needs.

Yes, he was a little pricey; we did wind up spending a little under twenty grand. But we were fortunate to have the funds to do it. And we didn't regret one cent of what we paid.

Again, I can't say enough about J. Scott!

Sent on 05/26/2008

Annelisa · Married on 09/16/2017

J. Scott catered our outdoor wedding in Bucks County in September, and we were thrilled with our experience. We worked with Rachel, who was responsive, professional, thoughtful, and incredibly organized every step of the way. We knew were were in the hands of pros, and thank goodness for it! Our guests were very complimentary of the quality of the food, every aspect of which was delicious and beautifully presented. It wasn't just the food--J. Scott helped us design a whole evening, and worked with us on logistics, timing, and flow. I really don't know what we would have done without them. What's more, Rachel and her team carried on steadfastly throughout our reception even in the midst of a very heavy rainstorm that turned our field into mud. Our guests still had a wonderful time, and we are so grateful that we had such an excellent group of professionals to support us and make our wedding all we wanted it to be.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Jordan · Married on 12/17/2016

We were thrilled with the service and quality provided by J Scott for our wedding at the Phoenixville Foundry. Rachel was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely spectacular in handling all the little details that go into planning the perfect party. Rachel made it easy to keep us organized. As the day approached, not only was she available via email, phone, or text, but she provided spreadsheets and a list of dates for us to maintain. On the actual day, Rachel and the staff made us feel like royalty, never coming off as intrusive, but always making sure the bride, groom, and guests had everything they wanted. J Scott is one of the exclusive caterers of the Foundry, so they have experience dealing with the in's and out's of the venue, hitting on all the small details to make our day perfect. We were somewhat particular in what we wanted and J Scott not only listened, but delivered. We requested extra large shrimp, and we had at least 30 guests tell us that they were the biggest shrimp they had ever seen. Our guests raved about the quality and amount of food provided. The food was served promptly, in unison, and hot. Each of our tables were served by 5 servers who placed the plates down in unison - all tables members were served at the exact same time. Quality caterer that made our day that much better...Highly Recommend!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Jared · Married on 10/08/2016

J. Scott Catering and the entire team truly knows how to cater an event! You will not be disappointment. They account for every detail, are incredibly open and attentive to your details (even the smallest requests) and they go above and beyond to make their customers happy. We had a wedding with 250 people, and everything went as planned - from the tasty appetizers, to the mouth watering dinner...the food and service was over the top! We definitely recommend choosing J. Scott for your next event - especially if it's an important one!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Mary · Married on 01/01/2016

We could not have been happier about our experience with JScott. They were responsive to our requests throughout the planning and the end result was excellent. There is no doubt we would use them again.

Sent on 01/11/2016

ginnie · Married on 11/09/2014

We were thoroughly impressed with the professionalism from the entire staff at J. Scott. Kristen was always cheerful and happy to help. Her years of experience clearly showed throughout our wedding night, as she was able to manage her staff and also coordinate all of our vendors to ensure everything go according to plan.
    Our guests are still raving about the amazing food and the professionalism displayed by all the servers. It was all so well orchestrated. We will definitely recommend J. Scott to all of our friends.

Sent on 02/02/2015

bryan · Married on 11/01/2014

J Scott catering was the preferred vendor for our venue. We evaluated a few caterers before choosing J Scott. J Scott was not the least expensive, but came with a reputation that put them above the rest. We were not disappointed. We had a bit of a rocky start due to an employee leaving the company. J Scott picked up right where the other person left off and didn't disappoint. We had our trial and knew that we had picked the right company. The food was amazing and just blew us away. The amazing part is that the food on the day of the wedding was the exact same as what we had at our trial. The chef and his staff personally looked at every plate before sending them to the tables and it showed. The excellent trial meal for 4 was reproduced for 100 and that is not an easy thing to do. Our guests are still talking about the quality of the food. Not only did J Scott bring the dinner but they also provided the chairs, dance floor, kitchen, and our cocktail space. Our venue did not have a full kitchen but only a work area. J Scott had to bring all the essential kitchen gear like stoves. They even provided an event planner that worked with us every step of the way. From picking out linens, detailing the menu, the appetizer plates, and dozens of other small details we would have never thought of on our own. Thank you very much for helping us along way and quelling our nervous thoughts and worries. Everything you had touched was flawless and we would highly recommend J Scott catering and Kristen.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Brandt · Married on 09/26/2014

Monica from J Scott was top notch from start to finish!!!
    the food was great and the planning of our wedding could of not been any easier thanks to J Scott and MONICA especially!!!!

Thanks

Amanda & Brandt

Sent on 10/06/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/18/2009

Booked JScott Caterers a year in advance of my wedding. From the start they were very warm and friendly. We had two tastings of our main selections prior to the wedding due a change in entrees. They were more than willing to accomodate both of these tastings without hesitation.

Leading up to the wedding communication was primarily via email, which honestly made things much easier. The caterer was very cooperative with my decorater and worked with her on the day of the wedding to allow for my own personal touch on the centerpieces as well as the reception venue.

The staff was EXCEPTIONAL! They were professional and accomadating to all my guests needs. There was no problem they could not solve without causing a commotion. Guests are still complimenting me on how well the staff worked together the night of my wedding!

Overall, I would highly recommend JScott Catering. I honestly had no worries all night or leading up to the event. There was nothing that they could not handle!

Sent on 09/26/2009
  • Stacie

Stacie Pollock · Married on 11/26/2019

The best wedding food I’ve ever had

The food was raved over by all of our guests. We were not sure about the noodle bar at the time but it was such a hit. We had more delicious food then we knew what to do with .. From the appetizers to the entrees and extra touches ... we both truly enjoyed the s’mores bar, and taste of philly touch. I know a vegetarian option might scare most but the Risotto is out of this world!

Sent on 01/13/2020

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you for the amazing review, Stacie! It is greatly appreciated and we'll be sure to pass it on to the rest of our team!

John · Married on 01/13/2018

We had a great experience with J Scott and would highly recommend them without reservation. The wedding and reception included a ceremony, cocktails and appetizers, a sit down dinner and then dancing for approximately 170 at the Phoenixville Foundry. Everything was very well done- - the planning, table linens and settings, bar tending, coat check, menu, etc. both the food quality and serving process was outstanding (the Mother of the bride was a caterer long ago and was really impressed!).

We did not use a wedding planner; rather we relied on the Foundry staff and the caterer. We were totally happy! Ariane led the J. Scott team.

The staff was both caring and professional. A small example, but typical for the night, was the bartender team. They realized we were running short of the bride's "signature drink." But they kept a bit in reserve so the bride could enjoy it all evening, even as the rest of us switched.

J. Scott's responsiveness was very good throughout our 9 month process and was truly extraordinary the last few weeks as all final details were agreed upon.

Bravo to the entire team!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Eilis · Married on 07/29/2017

Even over two months later, we cannot stop thinking about our amazing wedding day at Springton Manor Farm with J. Scott Catering! Everything was perfect! Springton Manor Farm was the first and only wedding venue we looked at--we fell in love at first sight with its incredible beauty. We worked with Ariane who executed the wedding of our dreams. She was accommodating, punctual, and easy to get in touch with in the months leading up to the big day. A few days before the wedding, the forecast was calling for rain. They had a tent put up in case our outdoor ceremony had to be moved inside, and assured us that it would still be beautiful even in the event of unpleasant weather. Luckily, the weather turned out beautiful, and we were able to get married under "the tree"! The catering staff was so very attentive, made sure our glasses were never empty, and that we were comfortable and happy. Last but definitely not least, the food was impeccable! Our guests tell us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding, and we agree! We couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding day, and will cherish the memories forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you J. Scott Catering!

Sent on 10/14/2017