J. Scott Catering Reviews

112 | Malvern, PA

112 Reviews for J. Scott Catering

1 User photo

Robin · Married on 10/22/2016

J. Scott provided us with an exquisite menu for our big day. Everything from the appetizers to the soup to the main courses was delicious. I can honestly say it was some of the best wedding food I have ever had. Everything was prepared fresh and was so delicious! There was not a bite of food left anywhere in our venue at the end of the night, everyone loved their dinner! The staff working with J.Scott was also amazing. Our coordinator Alicia went above and beyond while we made choices on food, linens and serving ware, and make the whole process very simple and straightforward for us. The whole staff was so responsive to emails, texts and calls, and I could not have asked for a better staff!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2016

There aren't enough nice things to say about J. Scott. We got married at Springton Manor Farm, which might be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. If you are going for a barn/outdoor wedding theme, this is the only place you should look. The manor house itself is exactly how it would have looked 100 plus years ago. There are still pictures hanging on the mantels, the carpet is vintage, the bridal suite has a claw foot tub and beautiful victorian furniture. The tent is HUGE and gorgeous. It comfortably fit a massive dance floor, 10 piece band and 130 guests. While sticker shock was something we definitely experienced with this venue, especially with the market lights, it was well worth it (get the lights, they are incredible). The food was delicious and there was TONS of options to choose from when we did our tasting. Finally, our planner Rachel Brown was amazing. She was tentative, patient and answered all of our questions so quickly and thoroughly. She listened to all of my crazy DIY projects and created the most beautiful atmosphere for us. I would definitely recommend working with J. Scott.

Sent on 10/28/2016

amanda · Married on 10/09/2016

J.Scott catering is a top notch service - hands down. Not only was the food amazing, but every little detail they helped with was truly a dream come true. Amy Spacht was a great help from the beginning stages to the very last minute. I never felt like that stressed out bride that everyone always said they were or have experienced before. If I did not have J.Scott catering helping with details, timelines, etc. I just may have been that bride, but they were extremely helpful and made the process so smooth and painless. I would use them again and again - I have already recommended them to family members and friends in the area.
    You will not regret choosing J.Scott catering - best decision we ever made.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Sue · Married on 10/07/2016

Our daughter and her husband chose JScott for their wedding and they did not disappoint! Alicia was great to work with!!! She was incredibly knowledgeable, responsive, patient and professional throughout the entire process. Her invaluable guidance was greatly appreciated. Truly, can't say enough good here!
    Our guests raved about the food. It was delicious!! From hors d'oeuvres through the dessert bar and cheesesteak station. The food was fresh, hot and beautifully plated. The wait staff was great and worked seamlessly under the direction of Christopher. Alicia and Lucy took care of everything to ensure things went smoothly. An absolutely perfect day!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Tatum · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot lavish enough praise on J. Scott Catering. From the very beginning, the service we received from them was unparalleled. From the tour of the venue (Radnor Hunt) to the tasting and planning meeting and finally through the day of the wedding, they made us feel so special and taken care of. Not only is their food delicious (just ask any of our guests), but their aesthetic presentation is breathtaking and elegant. They were so accommodating and supportive throughout the planning process. They truly listened to us and what we envisioned our wedding would be and they made it happen. Rachel, in particular, was amazing. She was with us the day of the wedding, and quite frankly, we don't know what we'd do without her. Even our guests noticed how helpful she was. Her positive attitude and willingness to help in any way she could made our day perfect. She is an asset to an already incredible company. We highly recommend J. Scott to anyone looking for a caterer. Our day wouldn't have been what is was without them.

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • coffeeandchemistry

Kristen · Married on 09/04/2016

Amy and the staff of J.Scott Catering were absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding day at the Phoenixville Foundry. From the start it was obvious that Amy wanted to be a part of our day and made every effort to work with our budget and expectations. She was thorough, extremely friendly, and kept everything on task. The food was phenomenal at both the tasting and event itself. It's definitely a worry that when you do the tasting, scaling the food up won't result in the same delicious experience. That was not the case at all. The food at our reception tasted even better than I remembered, and I made sure to eat all of it!!! The servers and bartenders were so friendly and kept telling me and my new husband throughout the night how much they were enjoying working our event. Amy kept the show moving without a hitch, and I could not have asked for a better wedding. Everyone wants a perfect day, and mine was perfect times ten. I would do it all over the same way again if I had to. Thank you to Amy & J.Scott Catering for making our wedding the best night we've ever had!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

We had a great experience with Queen of Hearts Catering! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Susan · Married on 06/25/2016

My daughter was recently married at Springton Manor Farm in Glenmoore, PA. JScott Caterers provided the food for the wedding and the cocktail hour. We received many compliments on the food. The beef tenderloin and the tuna were cooked perfectly. We made several changes to the butlered appetizers, and all of our changes were handled easily. The staff was very professional and accommodating from beginning to end.

Sent on 06/28/2016

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you Susan. We are so happy that you were pleased with everything!

All my best,
    Amy

Claire · Married on 06/24/2016

We had the pleasure of using J. Scott Catering for our wedding two weeks ago and we could not be happier. We had a beautiful day and they took care of all of the details! Their assigned planner assisted us and made us feel totally at ease about our vision coming together for our special day. The staff was professional and did an incredible job setting up the venue just as we imagined it would look. The appetizers and dinner was delicious and many guests came up to us to tell us how amazing the food and service was. We are so thankful that we chose to use J. Scott Catering for our wedding, it was an incredibly special day and many thanks go to the planners, supervisors, servers, chefs, and bartenders who made it all happen!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Alison · Married on 06/18/2016

In a word, exquisite. J. Scott catering went above and beyond for our wedding at The Phoenixville Foundry in June. From the tasting appointment with my parents and now husband (!), to back and forth decisions via email about finalizing the menu, Alicia and her team were with us every step of the way with patience, professionalism, and poise. They never faltered in the careful planning and execution of what was an absolutely perfect evening from start to finish. We haven’t stopped getting texts, emails, and phone calls from our guests of the highest compliment about the food and service they enjoyed throughout the reception. A thousand times thank you for making our wedding day as special as it was!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Erica · Married on 06/11/2016

Perfect doesn't describe how wonderful JScott made our wedding day. The food was absolutely delicious. The service was incredibly attentive. The support leading up to the wedding was efficient, timely, and exciting! From the very first tasting to the very last slice of cake, J Scott and team offer nothing but supreme excellence. You aren't just getting a caterer when you book J Scott. You are getting a planner, a confidant, and a friend. Thank you for making our wedding completely flawless!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Judith · Married on 04/30/2016

We had the pleasure of experiencing the wonderful food and service of J.Scott Catering at our son's wedding in May of 2015. So
    I had no hesitation to hire them again for our hospital's gala fundraiser. The food was excellent, from appetizers and entrees to dessert. We are still receiving rave reviews from our attendees. Alicia and the staff delivered a perfect event.

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/02/2016

There are not enough words to describe the incredible job that Alicia and her team from J Scott Catering did for my recent wedding at The Phoenixville Foundry.

From day one my fiancé, family and I were treated to fun, caring, and creative individuals who truly cared about our wants and needs for our wedding day.

Everything was impeccable from the delicious food to the flow and layout of our wedding. We couldn't have ask for a more amazing day! Everyone left full and happy because of Alicia and her team J Scott Catering.

Sent on 05/04/2016

cate · Married on 10/10/2015

We had an amazing experience with J. Scott Catering for our recent wedding at Springton Manor Farm on October 10th. Our planner, Amy, was so helpful, understanding, and responsive. She also helped to bring new ideas to the table and introduce us to vendors that really made our wedding special. She was also super efficient and organized which complimented my type-A personality well. The guests at our wedding went out of their way to tell us how much the enjoyed the hors d'oeurves and to let us know their entrees were hot when served and delicious.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Pegi · Married on 09/18/2015

We were fortunate to use J.Scott for our wedding this past weekend. To say it was amazing was an understatement! From beginning to end, the service was professional and fun. We were able to sample the entire meal and FULL samples. We ate like kings at our tasting. Danielle made it easy and fun for us during the entire process. She helped with the biggest details down to the ones we would have forgotten. Coming from a background in event planning myself, she definitely exceeded my expectations and let me enjoy the process.
    The wedding was incredible. The food was RAVED about all night by our guests. They also set up our entire venue and made our vision come to life. We can't thank them enough for their kindness and patience dealing with our crazy requests and meltdowns.

Thank you to J.Scott and Danielle for making that day so memorable.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Betsy · Married on 09/12/2015

J. Scott Catering did not disappoint! From the first email I sent to the last, they always responded promptly and were so easy to work with. We had our tasting and were blown away – the food was absolutely delicious! Food was one of the biggest priorities for our wedding, and we knew J. Scott Catering was the perfect fit. Then came the wedding day. The original plan was to have an outdoor ceremony and tented reception. Due to rain in the forecast, we got a tent for the ceremony & cocktail hour. Well, it just so happened to absolutely downpour for a solid 5-6 hours on our wedding day, so you can imagine how muddy and slippery things were. Unbeknownst to me, there was a massive stream of water running through our reception tent while the vendors were trying to set up. Did this phase J. Scott Catering? Absolutely not! I have no clue how they did it, but when we walked into the tent after cocktail hour, everything looked absolutely perfect. The conditions for a caterer were far from perfect after getting that much rain, but somehow J. Scott Catering pulled off our dream wedding. Guests are still raving about how amazing the food was, and thought the service was exceptional. We especially loved how every person at a table got served at the exact same time – so classy!

We couldn’t have been happier with J. Scott Catering and can’t thank them enough for going above and beyond to make our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Marilyn · Married on 06/20/2015

We had a fantastic experience with J Scott Catering from the very beginning. They were helpful with the planning and always available to speak with on them phone. The actual wedding day was smooth and efficient. Their staff was cordial and helpful throughout. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Karen · Married on 06/20/2015

After a sudden need to change venues for my son's wedding -- J.Scott Catering immediately came to the rescue. They were incredibly helpful with ideas, patient when the bride fretted, reasonably priced, flexible with the catering menu all while keeping the flow of the wedding going perfectly through-out the night and every staff member was pleasant and professional. I will definitely use J.Scott Catering in the future and would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2015

Excellent Service - Excellent Food

I just got married on 4/26/2019 at Radnor Hunt in Malvern and J. Scott was my caterer. Let me first start by saying, they were super flexible and accommodating in the requests that I had and Megan Freeman who was our main planner was sharp, professional, and easy to work with. She has a ‘get it done’ attitude which was a relieve considering how much planning I was doing on my own! The day of the wedding, the team they brought was excellent. Everything we had specified was executed without flaw. My husband and I had our own personal attendant serving us appetizers and drinks so we could easily mingle with guests and get fed ourselves! The food was fantastic! After, we informally poled our friends and family and the feedback was that people though the food was excellent and loved attending a wedding where there was great food, drinks and music! I would highly recommend J. Scott for their level of professionalism, flexibility, organization, and most of all – good food and friendly / quality staff!

Sent on 05/19/2019

This was the easiest thing I ever did, and it was just because of J Scott Catering. Monica was the greatest. I cannot say enough wonderful things. I had a great time, the guests had a great time and the wedding party had a great time. People were coming up to me and my husband all night just saying what a wonderful wedding it was. Thank you form the bottom of my heart. Jeannette Moore mother of the bride.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Philip · Married on 10/25/2014

What a wonderful event. Perfect in every way. Kristen and the entire staff were responsive, professional and courteous the entire evening. I will highly recommend J Scott Catering to anyone.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Margaret · Married on 10/18/2014

Kristen was amazing. From start to finish she was professional and organized. It was a lot of fun to
    plan this wedding with so much help from a real "dynamo!" I never felt like I missed anything because
    she was always there to keep us on point.
    The food was delicious and the selection vast.
    I am sad now that I do not need to see Kristen again, that is until my next big event!!!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Alicia · Married on 10/18/2014

We are so thankful to have been able to work with J Scott Catering. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day ran perfectly. They showed extreme professionalism and amazing customer service. The planning process with J Scott Catering was not only easy and efficient but fun and exciting! When we first met with the team we knew we were in good hands. They asked for some of our ideas and our vision for the wedding. They took our vision and ran with it; they made it more perfect than we ever could have imagined! Without them our wedding would not have been the same. We highly recommend J Scott Catering!

Sent on 11/29/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2014

J-Scott Catering was our caterer of choice for our BIG day on October 4th, 2014. Kristen and team made the entire planning process incredibly enjoyable and stress-free from day one to wedding day! They supplied the most perfect props and made sure every last detail of our wedding was flawless!
    From appetizers to main courses, the food was impeccable. We were blown away by the creativity and taste in each bite (and so were our guests)!
    Kristen was a complete pleasure to work with. Her sweet and positive attitude was contagious, making each meeting a complete joy! We were especially thankful for her expertise when planning the open bar and decorating aspects. She kept me calm when my wedding nerves surfaced and even went on a vodka run at our reception!
    We will never be able to thank the J-Scott team enough for all that they did to make our wedding day the most magical day of our lives:) We wouldn't have changed a thing!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Stephanie · Married on 02/01/2014

J. Scott was hands down worth every penny. Simply put, they made my wedding an incredible, magical event. We worked with Kristen, who was on the ball about everything, responsive to all of my questions and really put me at ease. She and her team made our wedding day stress-free, she didn't bother us with questions about every little detail (but of course checked with us in the event something had to change). Everyone raved about the food and the service. The service to our VIP crowd (bridal party and close family) was amazing and beyond all expectations. As the bride, I never had to go to the bar, our VIP waiter made sure I (and the rest of the VIP group) had enough food/drinks no matter where I was. Kristen is so enthusiastic and really cares about your event going well. J. Scott is not just a catering company, they become your event coordinator by making sure all other vendors are on the same timeline, deliveries are on schedule, and nothing goes wrong. Halfway through our event, Kristen noticed we were running out of a type of beer and went and secured another case for us - and that's really just one example. Those sorts of things are really what take an event to the next level. I really can't rave enough about J. Scott, if I ever plan another event in the Philadelphia area I would absolutely go with them again!

Sent on 02/12/2014