20 Reviews for J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc.

User Photos
Photos
Consultation (1)
Do-Not-Play List (1)
MC (1)

Any wedding with J-Riz there is one where guests NEVER leave the dance floor. It is the best party you’ll ever go to. Jon makes the planning process not only easy, but FUN. He just gets it and will make your day everything you want it to be and more. If you’re lucky enough to book with them, you will not regret it. :)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kaity, 10/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

This was the second year JRiz Entertainment and Productions provided entertainment for our annual gala. I highly recommend them to take care of all of your entertainment needs. We’ve already booked them for 2019!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 5/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

Where do we even begin?? Jonny Rizzo was our secret ingredient when it came to our wedding night. We knew how talented he was and we couldn't wait to unleash him onto all of our closest family and friends. He put on a true show, exceeded every expectation and was an absolute dream to deal with. We had so much fun planning our big day together — Jonny understood exactly what we wanted, got to know us and our personalities, and catered the entire night's performance to just that. We have not had one conversation with our guests — who danced so much we actually temporarily broke the dance floor! — since the wedding without them telling us, "Your band was AMAZING!" Our response, "We know!" We cannot say enough great things about Jonny — when it comes to booking a band for a wedding, he is an absolute no-brainer. He is a true professional and pleasure to deal with, an absolutely joy to spend time with and, above all, an unbelievably talented performer and MC! We cannot thank him enough for letting us live out our dreams of hopping on stage and closing down the best show we've ever been to :) -- Jackie and Alex Reiff (5/5/18, Philadelphia)

Photos
Profile Picture Jackie, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Jonny and his band were AMAZING!!!! An incredibly talented group of singers and musicians!! Very professional and soooo much fun- the dance floor was packed all night- their sound was great and my guests are still talking about how amazing they were .....Jonny takes the time to make everything perfect from start to finish and we thank him for an amazing night!!!!

Profile Picture Ronnie, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

I have to say, picking music for a wedding is one of the most stressful parts of planning. My husband and I went to a few bridal expos and left every one disappointed in the DJs and bands we saw. I was very specific in not hiring a "hype man" and simply someone who would keep my guests dancing without constantly yelling into the microphone. Jon DID NOT disappoint! I could go on and on about how phenomenal he was. We had him play acoustic guitar and singing during our cocktail hour and then MC with a DJ during the reception. His voice is incredible and he kept my guests dancing the entire night! We got married 2 months ago and I am still getting phone calls from friends and family asking where we found our DJ because "he was amazing!" I actually found out after the wedding that guests from another wedding at our venue heard the music from our room and crashed our wedding to dance. We wanted super simple for our music but J-Riz Entertainment has everything! I highly, highly recommend them! You will not be dissapointed.

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

J Riz Entertainment & Productions Inc. was absolutely amazing! They did the music and photography for my wedding and I couldn't be any happier with how everything turned out. Very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend anyone looking for music or photography/videography to go with J.Riz Entertainment!! They're fantastic!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

We couldn't thank Jonathan enough for helping us plan our wedding. My husband and I wanted a nontraditional wedding celebration. Jonathan truly took his time in meeting with us to get a feel for exactly what we wanted. After meeting with Jonathan and getting his input and ideas on the venue we booked, he was able to incorporate something for everyone of all ages. He truly made the wedding a blast from the music to the photo booth. Since we already knew of Jonathan's musical talent (which is beyond extraordinary), we knew he would be able to help us integrate the right musical fit and he did! We used Jonathan's Then & Now Band which gave our event the relaxed yet fun rock vibe that we wanted. Our guests are still talking about the band and they want to know where they will be performing next just to hear them again. They sounded so amazing, better than the original artists!! We are so happy that our wedding turned out even more stunning than how we envisioned it to be. Thank you again Jonathan.

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Jon was the DJ at our wedding, we had a cocktail reception because it was a second wedding for both of us. The music made the party! We didn't tell him much in terms of what we wanted, we let him "do his thing". We found that the volume was always appropriate with dead-on choice of songs, he read my guests perfectly regrading what they would like to hear. He played dinner music, like Sinatra, when food was served and afterward he had the place rockin' with current and popular hits. Both young and old alike complimented our affair acknowledging the music as a highlight.

Profile Picture Ann Marie , 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Recently got married in August 2017 and had the best wedding ever! Seriously, along with the venue being spectacular, J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. was fabulous. Our gorgeous outdoor ceremony was so beautiful. J-Riz himself played acoustic guitar when we walked down the isle. The music was classy and beautiful. Jon is a talented musician and we feel lucky to have had him. For our cocktail hour, Jon was joined by a female acoustic guitar player and singer. Jon is accommodating and listens to what you want. He is also is creative and full of ideas. He knows what works! The music we chose was classic rock type of music and included lots of our favorite songs. The music was not over powering so people were able to socialize however, guests were able to stop and listen to the great music as well. Then for the "party" part of our wedding we had one of the J-Riz DJs who made himself available to discuss the kind of music we wanted to play at our wedding. The DJ was able to "read the crowd," and had everyone up and dancing with his music selections. Last, but DEFINITELY not least, we also had one of the J-Riz photographers, Juliet Rose. Juliet was amazing. She came out to the venue a month before our wedding and planned with us where we would take our photographs, in an effort to maximize the time on the wedding day and know the venue beforehand. Juliet is incredibly creative, calm and bright. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable (usually I hate taking pictures). She and her lovely assistant made it a fun and special time. Our family was so impressed with how organized and easy going the photo shoots went. The pictures are spectacular! Our wedding was at a vineyard and Juliet really maximized the scenery and beauty of the venue and incorporated this in our photos. She is a must have at your wedding! J-Riz entertainment is a one stop shopping company for music and photography. Whatever you imagine your wedding to be, J-Riz Entertainment will make it happen!

Profile Picture Jodi, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

The best decision we made for our wedding day was to have J Riz Entertainment & Productions running the show...HANDS DOWN! Great music and finding the right entertainment vendor was our top priority for the wedding from the start. Considering my husband and I have a very eclectic taste in music and had a very specific vision for the entertainment we wanted at the wedding...Jon really had his work cut out for him. Luckily, our wedding was PERFECT and we have mostly Jon to thank for that! Jon took our insane dreams of having both acoustic jams and hoodrat music at our wedding and BLEW EVERYONE AWAY! Jon played acoustic instrumentals for our ceremony, performed acoustic songs during the cocktail hour, and MC'ed our reception along with the most amazing DJ (which he provided for us). The dance floor was packed the entire night (even my 83 year old aunt lost her shoes and said she has never had that much fun)!

Beyond Jon being the driving force behind our amazing entertainment that night, he also played a tremendous role in planning, coordinating and managing the event in its entirety. Jon provided us with so much support and worked so hard to ensure that every aspect of our wedding, from lighting to the timeline, was perfect and according to our vision/wants. The entire process was seamless and Jon was truly a pleasure to work with.

Jon has such unparalleled talent, which is only exceeded by his genuine kindness, quality service and professionalism. Anyone looking for event entertainment or just need a dude to serenade you and your loved ones all night.. look no further and thank me later!

Jon, You are the GOAT (greatest of all time, in case that phrase is too thug and progressive for you)! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Jon is the absolute best. We planned our wedding in like 3 months and had no music, or dj, or any clue what we were going to do. My mom heard him playing one night and got his info. Thank god he was available on our wedding day. He took care of all of our music needs and made me feel totally safe and calm from start to finish. I really didn't even have to think (which was great for me because I Am not the wedding planner kind of bride) He just gets it and made everything go smoothly. Plus he is an insanely talented musician. He knows his music and had our guests dancing at the perfect times, doing the hora , Our first dance, cutting the challah, cutting the cake. Literally perfect . He's fairly priced , professional and a sweetheart ! Small weddings , big weddings , bands ,DJ's whatever you need, he's the man . You won't be sorry!!

Profile Picture mariel, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

J-Riz Entertainment went above and beyond for our wedding. Honestly, it was the best decision we made the whole wedding process. Every single one of our guests called / wrote / emailed after the wedding to say how much they loved the band. From the music choices to the flow of the night, it was absolutely perfect -- and they're such pros I was able to take a step back (not easy for a control freak like me!) and let them take the reigns, knowing it would be exactly what we wanted. Everyone was on their feet the ENTIRE night! I would recommend J-Riz Orchestra to anyone!!

Profile Picture kara, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I've used Jon for a few events and have always had an overall excellent experience. The most recent was the most important one though... My Wedding.
I was in a pinch, I had a vision and was getting a lot of push-back from the venue on what I wanted that vision to be. Not only did Jon say "absolutely, no problem", he said he'd do it himself.
I explained everything I wanted and without even blinking an eye, he picked up his guitar and started playing and giving suggestions. The relief was overwhelming. Within a 24hr period I went from almost having a bridal breakdown to having my exact vision with the owner of the band no less, right there to make sure it was done perfectly.
The day went off without a hitch and the music was amazing. I can't wait 'til the next event!!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

Jon and his team were definitely the best decision my husband and I made to make our wedding day the day of our dreams! We loved the fact that they were so friendly and professional and so patient with us through all the decisions we had to make. They made us feel at ease and completly confident about how are day would go and we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing. Jon's talent is like no other and as I was walking down the eisle his voice and acoustic guitar made me feel like I was in a movie/fairytale which is exactly what I wanted. The vibe we went with was exactly what he delivered and we can't say how many people were blown away by him and his team. We would definelty recommend him to anyone looking for entertainment for their wedding/event and we would use him again in a heartbeat! -Melissa & Eric Oceanside NY

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

After Countless meetings with other entertainment companies we met with Jon. Immediately he understood exactly what we were looking for and made the entire planning, and decisions making process seamless. He was able to produce and deliver every single request that we made. Not only did my husband and myself enjoy the entertainment throughout the evening but Jon made sure to keep the guests totally engaged and enjoying themselves as well. Aside from the music, we also chose to use his photographer Juliet Rose Our photos were beyond perfect. She completely captured us. She was able to be everywhere and capture some of the best photos without them being staged and awkward. She was lovely, and it was a pleasure to work with her as well. I would 100% recommend this company, and am looking forward to working with Jon and Juliet in the future.

Profile Picture Joanne, 1/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

BEST BAND ON THE PLANET! J-Riz Entertainment was the absolute best entertainment you could have at a wedding hands down. They have an absolutely amazing variety of singers and instruments, and best attitude of all the bands we looked into for our wedding. Jon was easy to coordinate with prior to the wedding for entrance music and was also extremely instrumental in helping us make sure we had amazing set lists. He even did a few songs for us that they don't regularly play; and best of all, they played the songs amazingly as if they always played them. It was like hearing our favorite singers live, but better. They were very accommodating and flexible and did a fabulous job of playing our requests plus feeling the crowd. The best thing about J-Riz Entertainment is that they played continuous music - they didn't stop - and we danced all night. And the best part of the wedding came at the end of the night. The crowd was yelling at the top of their lungs for them to play "one more song" lighters and phone lights out and all. And being the most amazing band ever, they granted the request and rocked it out. It was a great time! Jon did shout outs for people's birthdays and anniversaries - we had a couple the night of our wedding - and worked well with our reception hall's policies and the schedule of events for the night. Some of our guests were so impressed, that a few of them booked J-Riz Entertainment for their own upcoming occasions. J-Riz Entertainment is professional, flexible, and the best wedding band in New York - I highly recommend them and can't wait to party with them again at our friends and families events in the future!

Profile Picture User7761332, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We had an amazing experience with J. Riz entertainment! My husband and I booked J. Riz for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and to sing our first dance song. He was professional from start to finish, and was always available when we had questions. The music for our ceremony was exactly what we were looking for and our all of our guests complimented us on how great he was. He made us feel at ease that our special day would go smoothly, and as promised, it did! Have, and will continue to, recommend John to our friends and family!

Profile Picture erin, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Best decision we made for our wedding entertainment, hands down! The band had everyone on the dance floor all night long, and people still talk about how great the music was to this day (3 years later)! My husband and I have a wide taste in music and Jon made sure there was a large variety of genres to keep everyone happy. Definitely recommend, and have recommended, J-Riz for your big day because you will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

LIFE OF THE PARTY!!!! Jon's band played at my wedding and was absolutely amazing!! They kept the party going all night!!! Very professional and eager to cater to all requests. My night would not have been the same without Jon!! Would recommend a thousand times over!!

Profile Picture Kerry, 5/18/12, 1 Review