J.R. Owen & Company Reviews

J.R. Owen & Company 4
J.R. Owen & Company 5
J.R. Owen & Company 6
J.R. Owen & Company 7

We just did our engagement session with Jeff in October. It was a great experience to work with them before our wedding in June . I would happy to suggest Image Icon for anyone looking for a professional photographer.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Katie · Married on 03/05/2016

Jeff and Rachel are out of this world. My husband and I interviewed lots of photography places and they blew everyone out of the water! We loved actually getting to meet with our photographer before our wedding day and were even more impressed that they could tell us what types of cameras they used and why ( believe it or not others could not because you didn't get to speak with the actual photographer) Both Jeff and Rachel were so personable which made for a very pleasant experience each contact that was made. The engagement session was so fun and Rachel knew just where to go for perfect pictures. As far as the wedding day Jeff and Rachel's team work was incredible! They clearly knew exactly what would make the best shots and made sure to capture each one without making anyone feel like they were "in the spot light". My husband and I can not speak highly enough of them and would encourage everyone to use them. You will not regret your choice. Thanks so much Rachel and Jeff, there is know doubt you will be taking more pictures of us as our family grows. We would not want anyone else to capture and share in our special life moments.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Colleen · Married on 01/02/2016

Rachel did an amazing job for our wedding photos. When we first started to look for vendors, Rachel was our first stop and then we cancelled all other appointments after we met her. We felt very comfortable with her and her style and knew she would fit into our wedding day with friends and family perfect. Rachel helped us to plan out the schedule for the day of the wedding and suggested the perfect locations for our 'first look'. I would never have thought to go to the location she suggested but the pictures are beautiful and I absolutely love them. On the day of the wedding, we ran head of schedule all day, thanks to the detailed schedule that Rachel helped us to create, which allowed us to have an enjoyable and stress-free day. On the day of the wedding, Rachel arrived a few minutes early, so all her setup was ready to go exactly on time. She gave us valuable posing tips which all my family and friends still comment about today (it really works!) She was very easy going and got some amazing shots. People have given us many compliments not only on how beautiful our photos are, but also how nice she was. We talked to her before the wedding about the type of photos we did and didn't want from our wedding and she hit it spot on. When you have a vendor that will be working with all your favorite people in the world, you want a vendor who will fit in with the crowd, be professional and will overall be nice. She's even helping us out to fix up a few photos where we need some photoshop magic to correct photos we forgot to take. Working with Rachel was such an easy and pleasant process and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend Rachel and ImageIcon!!

Sent on 03/12/2016

Katie · Married on 10/23/2015

Image Icon Photography was recommended to us through our wedding venue and I could not be happier we chose them to capture our special day. Rachel and Jeff have great personalities- they were so easy to talk to and receptive to our vision and ideas for specific photos. They were professional in their work throughout the entire process, yet remained personal with my husband and I. Within an hour they knew the names of our entire bridal party and made the whole group feel comfortable in each photo setting.
    What separates them from other photographers was having both photographers all day for the price of what most companies would charge for one. While Jeff was off with the groomsmen Rachel was with the bridesmaids and I to capture each party getting ready before our “first look.” One of the highlights was having the photos from the first look displayed on a large screen during our reception for all to see. In all of the weddings I have attended there is not a single company I can recall who did this for the bride, groom and those who could not be there to view. We received many compliments from our guests on this aspect and it was so special for my husband and I to see that moment unfold within hours of it happening.
    While we never doubted their talent and creativity, I was truly blown away when I got to see the 1,000+ photos they took throughout the day. Both the posed and action shots turned out beautifully and captured each special moment. The design they created for our album is exactly what I had hoped for and I think it’s great we have the flexibility to adapt it to choose our favorite shots. I cannot wait to see the finished product in a few weeks as I trust it will be perfect!
    I highly recommend Image Icon for wedding photos based on their fair pricing and how wonderful Jeff and Rachel were to work with. I look forward to using them again to capture the next big event in our lives :)

Sent on 11/22/2015

Rachel and Jeff were absolutely fantastic! Not only did we have a phenomenal time with them, we couldn't be more pleased with how our pictures turned out. They were professional and appropriate, but they also made sure we all had a good time, even our grandparents!

Rachel did our engagement pictures, and despite a vicious mosquito attack, they came out absolutely beautifully. We were thrilled to find that we would have both Jeff and Rachel as our wedding photographers!

They made the day perfect and fun, and even made me feel better about getting sick at the reception! We have stunning photos that will last a lifetime, and we hope we have an opportunity to use this wonderful duo in the future!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Monica · Married on 07/11/2015

Jeff and Rachel were amazing and so fun to work with! Our wedding photos came out better than we ever expected and I have had guests tell me they were so impressed with our photos. Both of them have a real talent for photography and we couldn't be happier with how everything came out!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Rachel & Jeff are amazing photographers!

From the moment I met Rachel, I knew my daughter would love working with her. My daughter and her fiancé live in NYC and met Rachel via a SKYPE conversation and agreed Rachel was the photographer they were looking for!

Not only is Rachel easy to work with, we were most fortunate to have Jeff as our 2nd photographer and he was wonderful, as well. They were both very professional and seemed to love what they were doing, especially working together!

Jeff captured all the important family photos inside church after mass, even though we only had a short time in which to do so. He handled the situation calmly and very professionally. He was able to organize and photograph our large families within the allotted time! This was very impressive and the pictures are great!

The creativity of Rachel and Jeff was very evident in the amazing photos they took at an outdoor location very special to my daughter. Some of the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen on a picture perfect day in April!

Our guests loved the Photo Booth, provided through ImageIcon. It was so much fun to look through the album and read all the special messages left for the bride and groom!

The slideshow of photos taken earlier in the day was also a huge hit with our family and guests, viewing at the reception.

You only get one shot to capture all the special moments of your wedding day and I highly recommend ImageIcon, Rachel and Jeff!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Joe · Married on 01/24/2015

We hired Jeff for our special day, after an amazing special day, we gained a very special new friend. Creative, professional, energetic, charismatic, ability to capture the most perfect moments , love his work. Visit their studio, you'll see for yourself.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Jeff was fantastic! I knew I wanted him the minute I got engaged. He was the photographer for my brothers wedding 4 years ago and I was so excited to find him!

He did a great job on our engagement photos and was very flexible with some changes in our schedules.

As for the wedding day he did a great job getting some of the perfect photos - from what I have seen so far. I cannot wait to see the all the photos! Great communication and quick responses. All my girls loved having him around throughout the day!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Jeff Owen is truly a talented and outstanding photographer! Our wedding album is filled with amazing photographs that are all unique and beautiful. There are so many perfect shots, it's hard to choose any favorites! His knowledge and experience as a photographer is definitely displayed in his photographs. He was a great addition to our wedding day, and was enjoyable to be around. I would absolutely recommend ImageIcon in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/12/2014

Working with Rachel at ImageIcon was a great experience. We were referred to Rachel through a friend who used her for their wedding a couple years ago. From the beginning we fell in love with Rachel's work. She has a keen eye for those "must have" shots and she is very accommodating with any request we had.
    The day of our wedding it rained but we were still able to get great pictures and you couldn't even tell that it was rainy. She had great ideas for poses and made sure that we were able to get the important people in shots.
    She was also very helpful when I asked her how the timeline for the day should go. We had all the hair and make up done on time and there was never a time when we were rushed. Without her guidance, I think we may have been behind schedule.
    We decided to purchase and album through Rachel and her design style is great, she picked many of the photos in the album that are on our must have list. Obviously we have final say in the album but there were maybe one or two things we wanted to change so it is nice to see that we are on the same page.
    I can't say enough about her assistant Rob. He was completely professional during the day/night and also had fantastic ideas for poses and pictures. Together they truly captured the mood of the day and all of the emotions that were going on. I am so happy that they caught the image of my husband seeing me for the first time walking down the aisle - the photos are priceless. Additionally, the first look with my father was something that I can always cherish. WE definitely got our money's worth and would refer her to anyone looking for great photographers. Being married herself, she truly understands how important every picture of the day is. Thanks Rachel & Rob for making our wedding so memorable.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Brittany · Married on 08/02/2014

Words cannot describe how gratetful we are for Rachel and her amazing gift. Everyone says that your wedding day comes and goes in the blink of an eye. That's because it's true. Thank goodness we went with a true professional and will always be able to look back and relive that day. She truly captured so many beautiful photos, in numerous differnent settings, that it was difficult which pictures to choose! Rachel and her staff were extremely professional and personable to work with. She made sure that my husband and I got everything we wanted. She went above and beyond! Set your mind at ease and choose Image Icon, you will not regret it.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Tiffany · Married on 07/19/2014

Rachel was my wedding photographer for my 7-19-14 wedding and I must say she did a fabulous job! I spent days trying to find the perfect photographer because I love pictures and wedding pictures are of course the most important ever. Rachel was just wonderful from day 1. She is very calming, professional and fast. Her pictures are romantic and she an eye for what pictures will be the most flattering. She is also very nice and incredibly patient. Perfect photographer for any bride or any nice occasion. I completely recommend Imageicon photography and Rachel!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Julianne · Married on 07/12/2014

Let me start by saying, like other couples, getting beautiful wedding pictures was the most important thing about the wedding day to us (besides the vows and seeing family of course!). I had booked a photographer with another company long in advance of our wedding, but my worst nightmare came true when 3 weeks before the wedding date our photographer backed out on us to take a higher paying gig. All of us were frantically searching for a replacement when my now mother-in-law found Rachel Owen at ImageIcon. She just happened to be available on our wedding day, which is a miracle because they are normally all booked up on weekends, especially in the summer. We spoke on the phone and I knew it would be a perfect fit. Everything went smoothly and stress free on our wedding day. We asked Rachel to help us pick a couple additional locations for a photoshoot in the city to the ones we had in mind before the ceremony and she knew exactly where to go for the kinds of pictures we were looking for. The best part is that the photographer who dumped is actually did us a favor because we got a way better photographer and we didn't have to spend a whole lot more either. Our pictures turned out amazing. We have gotten tons of complements on them and everyone wants to know who our photographer was. We are so happy with how everything worked out. Thank you Rachel for saving our wedding day!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jim · Married on 06/14/2014

We just received our photographs & we’re overjoyed with our choice in ImageIcon! From the start, you can tell that Jeff Owen is experienced & passionate. But with all his talent, he still finds ways to listen to you & ensure that the photography you receive is what YOU want. When we had difficulty finding a place to take our pictures, Jeff was able to not only recommend a few locations, but he also called & ensured that no other events were taking place at the same time. Through all our preparation for the wedding, Jeff was very accommodating to our schedule, friendly every time we met, & delivered on every request we had made. All other vendors at our Wedding commented on how nice he was and how much of a pleasure it was to work with him. At certain points of the wedding, I remember Jeff assisting me with organizing items that weren’t even related to photography…which is just another reason I hold a high level of appreciation for him.

As for the pictures, they are absolutely beautiful! There are several pictures that seemed liked they belong in a magazine & can’t possibly be from our wedding! Jeff is creative & original, & his timing on when to snap the pictures was flawless! He also photographed every detail of the Wedding, as to assist in always remembering every little piece that went into creating our day. My family has already said that they’ve recommended ImageIcon to friends, just based on seeing a dozen pictures & having the pleasure to meet Jeff! For others, they commented on how well he blended into the crowd & did not seem intrusive into the wedding (as if they didn’t even realize he was there). In this once in a lifetime event, I am so thankful that we chose ImageIcon to be at our Wedding. Between the clarity, the detail, the lighting, the view points within the pictures (some of which I don’t know how he achieved), & above all his personality & professionalism, I am confident to say that Jeff at ImageIcon was the perfect photographer for us!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Christy · Married on 04/26/2014

Rachel and Jeff are remarkable! Image Icon's pretty business card (it has a rhinestone on it and was super sparkly - aka my style) was handed to me at the Downers Grove Wedding Walk. Someone recommended them to to me and I will forever be thankful. My goal is to write this review and not cry - but I am already starting to tear up! Rachel did our engagement photos, my boudoir photos (for the book I gave to my husband on our wedding day) and our wedding photos. We were BLOWN away at our engagement photos...they were so romantic, so beautiful and that shoot with her that day - I felt like I was in a fairytale. She is so great at what she does. She will say - ok go over there and look at each other, laugh, talk, walk - anything and BAM - she gets the perfect pic in only a few shots. I remember being like - is she sure she got it already? I mean we just started walking. haha But YES, she did. Her work will seriously move you. The Boudoir photos are so stunning too. That was such a fun experience. She had a hair and makeup artist that was amazing and so many lovely backgrounds. My husband loved the book! The wedding photos? UNBELIEVABLE. Prettier than I truly could have ever imagined (yep here come more tears). I knew after the previous shoots with her that she was the perfect photographer for our special day. She has the calmest personality and it just is so soothing on such a crazy, fast paced day. She is so friendly and just so so so sweet. Always 1000% professional too. Jeff also shot our wedding that day as well. I hadn't worked with him prior, but I knew if he was Rachel's partner, he would be spot on as well - and he was. Very professional and very energetic. Had us moving along nicely to capture all the photos in between the ceremony and reception that we wanted. He was very friendly and silly, but still always on point and his work was incredible as well. They are one powerful team and I could not recommend them more!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Lissett · Married on 09/22/2013

We found Rachel while at our wedding tasting. I'm so glad we did because I don't think our paths would of crossed otherwise. After viewing her work I set up an appointment to sit down and discuss options. Within minutes of our first meeting I knew she was the photographer for our wedding day. She understood how I envisioned our wedding day being told. In the day of our wedding she was great! We had some problems come up and she was able to keep the mood up and even kept us on time. During our reception out guests were able to preview all the pre ceremony pictures the wedding party had taken and I was so happy with the results. You can't go wrong with Rachel!

• O

Olivia · Married on 08/03/2013

Rachel Owen of Image Icon should be the photographer of choice on your wedding day! My husband and I saw her album at our venue and immediately booked her for our wedding. We began with engagement photos that were simply stunning...and it just so happened to be the foggiest day of the year! Prior to the wedding, Rachel asked us what kind of photos we were looking to have and we gave her free reign to shoot as she pleased. Her creativity and attention to detail captured each and every important moment of the day. Rachel is an artist! Overall, Rachel knows what she's doing - plain and simple. Her professionalism combined with her artistic flare make her THE BEST photographer I've ever worked with.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Anna · Married on 07/13/2013

The photographer was professional and prompt. She helped us along every stage of planning. We did our engagement photos and our wedding day with her. The photos were amazing!! Everyone that sees them says how beautiful the photos are and how well they capture the emotion of the day. Your photos will be a big part of what helps you remember your big day. We put a little extra towards our photography and it was so worth it.

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

Imageicon was a fabulous photography company to go with. Not only did they get back to me in a timely manner, but they also worked with me on the price. During our reception Rachel was able to project our preview pictures in a slideshow that wow and amazed our guests. And the pictures were beyond anything that I could imagine. If I had to do it again Imageicon is the one thing that I would not change. Thanks Rachel!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Julie · Married on 06/14/2013

Imagicon did a wonderful job with our wedding photos! We had an outside ceremony and the lighting that Rachel captured was unbelievably beautiful. So many of my friends have commented on the quality of our photos, they are amazed at the images! The cost was very affordable and our memories are captured in the most beautiful way for our lifetime!
    Thank you imageicon!

Meredith · Married on 04/27/2013

Rachel Own from ImageIcon is amazing. She is very fun, creative, organized, and has a very calm demeanor. She is great to work with. We immediately liked her. Our wedding photos turned out AMAZING. I mean, really, they are so artistic, beautiful, classy and she did a great job capturing all of the "little details" of the day (centerpieces, getting ready for the ceremony, rings, etc.) in just the perfect way.

Our wedding was considered "off-peak-season", so we were able to just get the photo package and not have to purchase the wedding album. The wedding albums she has available to preview in her studio are very nice, but it's not something that we were interested in buying, since we didn't think we would look at it as often as a picture frame on the wall. So it was really nice being able to book Rachel for our wedding day.

She had an assistant (Rob) with her on our wedding day. They worked well together and I had full confidence all day long that things were being handled properly.

Rachel did something that was really amazing, she went well above and beyond with this: She set up a TV and projected pictures from the day (ceremony, parks, wedding party, etc.) on the screen during the reception after dinner. I cannot tell you how many people commented on how great it was to see those picture. Especially since after the ceremony, you take off with the bridal party and everyone is out of the loop. Not when Rachel is your photographer! Everyone got to see what happened during the day while they were killing time between the ceremony and reception. She did such a great job with this.

I would recommend Rachel and ImageIcon in a heartbeat. There’s a reason ImageIcon is so highly rated. It’s a top notch company with very creative and very skilled photographers. We’re looking forward to using Rachel and ImageIcon again in the future because our experience was that good!

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 11/10/2012

I don't even know where to start- I feel like I could write 10 pages about how wonderful Rachel Owen is! Photography was the most important part of my wedding for me- memories last a lifetime, and I wanted to make sure every aspect of our day was captured beautifully. Rachel EXCEEDED our expectations, and I have, and will continue to recommend her to everyone I know, for the rest of my life. I plan on using her for all my photography needs in the future, too! It was a blessing I went to the Lemont wedding walk and met her. I still thank God I had the best photographer in the world for my wedding! I look at my pictures and still am amazed at how gorgeous they turned out...and CREATIVE! The angles, lighting, and techniques Rachel used are unique, and make her stand out among the crowd. I had over 20 photographers on my list that I inquired with...yes...over 20. (I am Greek, and had a BIG wedding!) I chose Rachel...without hesitation. My husband and I both fell in love with her personality, her infectious smile, kindness, and willingness to make the day our perfect. Anything we needed, she was there. Any questions along the way (and trust me, I think I talked to Rachel every day almost! haha ok not every day...but OFTEN), she answered with patience, and insight. She was extremely reliable for every appointment, truly professional in all aspects of running her business, and has a heart of gold. She cares about each of her clients, and builds a relationship that on your wedding day, you can just let her run with it- let her do her thing, and know that the end result will be phenomenal! I promise you will NOT be disappointed in Rachel. Hiring her is the best thing you can do for your wedding needs!!!! We will forever be grateful Rachel's talent was part of our wedding day. Jimmy and I adore you Rachel! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you again for all you did for us! You deserve all the praise in the world!

Sent on 12/11/2013
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 09/29/2012

Where to begin!? From the very beginning I had nothing but positive vibes from Rachel. My husband and I had met with a few of the big name companies like George Street and Fred Fox and I just felt like something was missing from them... when I met with Rachel we immediately clicked and I knew she was going to do a great job! She was so enthusiastic about what she does.... I can truly tell it is her passion and she was born to do this! We took engagement photos first last October. Rachel recommended Kinzie street bridge. I wasn't so sure about it but I trusted her and I am so glad I did! Those pictures turned out better than I imagined they would. We even were able to create a really unique save the date with one of the pictures she took. I knew after seeing those pictures I had made the right choice! Rachel was always quick to respond to any questions I had throughout the process. About a week before the wedding we got together to discuss the logistics of the wedding day. Rachel was very flexible with our schedule that had already been put together by our wedding coordinator. She was also able to help us decide on some AMAZING spots for photos. And the reason I really liked her spots for photos is because they aren't "typical" chicago photos. They are so unique! Rachel captured every emotion that I felt on my wedding day. Looking back at the pictures, I laughed and cried. I can never thank her enough for providing us and our family with these memories for the rest of our lives. I should mention that Rachel also has a variety of options for albums she will put together for you. We are looking forward to that as well, I know it will be great!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Jodie · Married on 09/08/2012

While planning our wedding, my (now) husband and I knew that our photographer would be one of the most important vendors we would hire. We wanted someone who would capture our day without interfering in it. We wanted someone who was professional, knowledgeable, creative, flexible, and most importantly, understood the importance of what this day meant to us. We didn’t want the traditional photographer who would put us in corny poses with fake smiles – we wanted someone who would capture those candid moments in a beautiful way. After we met Rachel of ImageIcon, our quest for a photographer who met all of our needs was over. From our first encounter with her, Rachel proved to be professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Her passion for helping her clients capture their most important life events was evident in her work.

As for the day of our wedding, we could not have been happier with not only Rachel, but her assistant, Dan. They were incredibly easy to work with – giving us suggestions and direction when needed, but letting our natural chemistry play out. They also provided a sneak peek slideshow for us at the reception, and our full set of edited pictures a week after we got back from our honeymoon! We knew our pictures from the wedding would be beautiful; however, when we went through them all, we were blown away, they are beautiful!

From the time we hired Rachel, to the wedding, and even after; Rachel provided continued and timely communication (responding to emails within 24 hours, walked us through what the wedding day would be like, made suggestions about places to take pictures and poses, and much more). She answered every question I had, and made us feel so comfortable that our day would go smoothly (which, thanks to Rachel’s help, it did). I am so happy we found Rachel, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a true professional photographer.

Sent on 11/07/2012