J | LICK STUDIOS Reviews

10 | San Diego, CA

10 Reviews for J | LICK STUDIOS

10 J | LICK STUDIOS Reviews

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2017

Jimmy is an amazing wonderful person and an extremely talented cinematographer! We originally had booked with another videographer, but they cancelled on us two weeks before our wedding. Scrambling to find someone we came across Jimmy and it is a miracle that we did. It was Jimmy to the rescue! He did our wedding for the same price we had paid our original vendor, he arrived earlier than we had contracted for his time, and he stayed later. He was amazing! He captured every moment and he made it easy to "act" out the "getting ready" bridal stuff before the ceremony. The footage looks beautiful and it makes me cry every time I watch it. Jimmy is a wonderful and fun person and he runs an amazing business!

Melody · Married on 05/06/2017

Ok, full disclosure – Jimmy is our neighbor. We also (foolishly) never intended to hire a videographer. Instead, we had a photographer friend who had agreed to shoot our wedding at a deeply discounted rate. Fortunately for us, our photographer canceled a month prior to our wedding and Jimmy happened to text us that same weekend to ask if we had found anyone to shoot the wedding. The rest is history! Jimmy and his partner Alexa agreed to re-arrange their plans and travel with us 8 hours to photograph and video our entire weekend and I seriously could not be happier that things worked out the way they did. Our videos and pictures are amazing!! We got married at my favorite place on earth and somehow Jimmy was able to perfectly capture the beauty of our surroundings and the mood of the weekend, and by weekend I mean shooting the welcome dinner, rehearsal, sunrise hike, ceremony, and reception. Yes, hiring a professional is a bit more expensive then hiring a friend or someone off from Craigslist, but now that the wedding is over I would pay any amount for the memories that they were able to so beautifully capture. Jimmy is professional, fun, and so talented – his work speaks for itself.

Tina · Married on 02/19/2017

Jimmy has an incredible eye in capturing the best parts of your wedding day. The trailer to our wedding video evoked honest, pure emotion. We have received so many compliments from our family and friends about the video. Jimmy is kind and easy to work with. He gives clear and concise direction. If you are on the fence on hiring a videographer, just do it and make sure that person is Jimmy!

Alex · Married on 01/21/2017

Jimmy is amazing!! We hired him to capture all the special moments of our destination wedding and by the end of the weekend, he felt like family! He is so professional and does a wonderful job capturing moments without you even knowing he is there!! Additionally, we received our teaser video a little over a week after the wedding and the video about a month later. I have heard horror stories about brides waiting up to a year! Therefore, we couldn't be happier and we recommend his services to everyone we talk to and show our video too!

Jill · Married on 10/02/2016

Rave reviews all around! Jimmy created a beautiful teaser and final wedding video from our wedding ceremony and reception. I actually work in Production as a Producer in LA and have nothing but great things to say about Jimmy's photography and editorial choices. He made the process easy and captured great moments that we will cherish forever. Five stars. Ten Stars. How many stars can I give?! If you're looking for the best, this is your guy.

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

We are so thrilled that our wedding day was captured by JLickStudios! Jimmy was amazing to work with, he has an amazing artistic eye and he was able to capture the most intimate details of our day. He was an absolute dream to work with, incredibly professional but personable and fun at the same time. His video is going to be something we treasure forever and ever! A few months before our wedding my father was lucky enough to have a liver transplant, it was a rough road but my father is a fighter and was able to walk me down the aisle. A family member said to me right before our wedding that she would give anything to have a video of her dancing with her father at her wedding, her father had passed a few years ago. This got us thinking and we are so glad Jimmy could capture our day and everyone we spent it with. Jimmy was exactly the person for the job. Just his teaser video was so amazing and had moments in the day that I had already forgotten about. There was so much going on at once that it was easy to miss the details that Jimmy was able to capture in his video. He gave us a gift that we will treasure forever and I am so grateful for the work that he does!

• BecomingBailey

Stacey · Married on 08/13/2016

Originally, we did not want a videographer. Once I started looking into it to see if it's something we might need, I was crying over couples who I don't even know! I knew this was something we needed. I did a ton of research. Finally, I found Jimmy and coincidentally, our venue has him on their preferred list. My (now) husband still wasn't sure why we needed to spend the money on video. We met with him at a Starbucks anyway and we just had a great feeling and good vibe from him. We loved that he wasn't pushy trying to get us to book right there. He showed us his work, showed us our options, and let us think about it. We drug our feet because my husband still was unsure. Well we booked! We spoke with Jimmy a few more times leading up to our wedding. He was so easy to work with. He was incredibly quick to respond which I feel is HUGE to a bride. On wedding day he showed up ready to rock. His assistant was also super easy to work with. He shot every inch of everything, even my crazy ideas and a few of his own. Some shots I didn't even realize he got. So far we have seen our 1 minute teaser (which I have watched at least 20 times, each time with tears), and the first time we watched it, my husband just said, "wow". He finally got it! Jimmy even used a song we wanted. I can not rave enough about this guy and his amazing work. It is like reliving our day over and over. He was so easy and comfortable to work with. It's a plus that everyone we show the video to says it looks like a movie. Thank you so much Jimmy!

Kris · Married on 07/03/2016

If you are in the market for a videographer, look no further! Stop what you are doing and reach out to Jimmy immediately to see if he is available on your date! Our initial intent was not to have a videographer, but our coordinator was hoping we would change our minds. To be honest, we just didn't "click" with any that we met/interviewed and we are not a high maintenance couple at all! So we decided not to force the issue and we were completely okay with having just a photographer. It was fate that a few weeks before the wedding my husband wanted to surprise me with booking a videographer (with the help from our coordinator) and Jimmy was available! Oh my goodness, aside from saying our "I do's", Jimmy was the next best decision we made for our wedding day! His videos captured our personalities, love and pure joy on the most important day of our lives. All of our friends and family members comment on how our video is the best wedding video they have ever seen. Jimmy is an amazing videographer, but more importantly he is an amazing person. Which, in my opinion, is the reason why he excels at what he does. His pure and genuine heart allows him to see so many little but amazing things that others may miss or take for granted. His love for people and true love shines through his work. Take my word for it, if Jimmy is available, book him; you will not regret it! Once any of our four kids tell us they are engaged, one of our first calls will be Jimmy to book him!! Our whole family fell in love with him!
    - Ernest and Kris

Sent on 12/28/2016

J | LICK STUDIOS's reply:

Thank you both for such a wonderful review! I appreciate the love soooo much! Hope you both are doing abundantly well! May God bless you guys! Much love!

Loni · Married on 06/03/2016

Jimmy definitely went above and beyond our expectations! We (and our family/friends) are SO IN LOVE with our wedding video! You rock Jimmy!

Julie · Married on 04/02/2016

Jimmy is THE BEST videographer! We absolutely cherish our wedding video. We will forever be grateful to Jimmy for the thoughtfulness, attention to detail, and quality work that he put into making our video for us. When we first started planning our wedding, I didn't think I would need a videographer. With all the expenses that add up, I thought I could cut this cost, but I am SO glad that we decided to go with Jimmy. He helped us find a package that fit our price point and that worked best for us. On the day of the wedding, Jimmy arrived early and was extremely professional the entire day. He worked so well with our photographer and made us feel comfortable the entire night. He finished our video quickly after our wedding. It is truly a piece of art. Thank you Jimmy for capturing our wedding day so perfectly!