iWed Cinema Photography Reviews

104 | Charlotte, NC

104 Reviews for iWed Cinema Photography

Punjab · Married on 09/06/2009

It is nice to know that there are vendors who are willing to travel to get the job done. Thanks LaViera Photography for the amazing work you did. My shots were beautiful, and the colors seem to just float off the paper. I love my pictures with so much memories to sieve through. You were a great team to work with and your flexible style adjust well with any environment. You guys are really professional and you deserve great respect.
    Best wishes!

Sent on 02/03/2013

Jane · Married on 04/21/2012

3.0

Fabulous Photography... supreme quality and services.... Thanks Jinnellys

Sent on 01/06/2013

Svendin · Married on 08/13/2011

LaViera photography service was exceptional and the photos were ones you only see in movies. It was well worth my money...Cheerio!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Tamera · Married on 12/11/2011

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

We were happy with what we saw in the picture books when we met the photographers. We felt great about moving forward with this company because of the team of two that we met. We agreed to sign a 3 hour contract with them. Months later, we were told that only one of the two photographers we had met would actually be at our wedding. We were disappointed initially, but they reassured us by promising us THREE photographers instead of two! They said each photographer would average no less than 100 pictures per hour. We were told we would have about 1000 pictures. They sent TWO photographers instead of THREE without any notice and we ended up with only 475 pictures. One photographer told guests she was very new at weddings and her inexperience was obvious.

Our 3 hour contract was to cover 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Our ceremony was at 3:00pm. They would meet us one hour before the ceremony at our venue for formals. Since we had a winter wedding, we asked that most of our shots be done inside as it would be decorated and warm. We were open to a FEW shots outside for creative freedom especially if there was snow (there was no snow). The bride and bridesmaids shots would be done in the bridal suite and at the ceremony site for the groom and groomsmen (both inside in separate areas of the building). The following two hours would cover the ceremony and post wedding formals (husband, wife and family). Although we offered to include meals for the photographers as well as a break to eat, they decided not to eat or be seated at a table and instead, would be photographing through dinner hour as they would be leaving promptly after dinner.

What actually happened was a disaster! As mentioned earlier, there were only 2 photographers instead of 3. They met us outside and instead of escorting us indoors; they insisted our pre wedding formals be taken outside! The photographer explained that in order to have pre wedding formals, my dress would need to hit the ground and get dirty! We played a cat and mouse game with the groom and groomsmen as the photographers sent each other text messages back and forth to keep us from seeing each other. Sadly my groom did see me before the wedding and I saw him. This was something we explained we did not want to happen and it was VERY upsetting! The groom saw the bride before the wedding which was clearly stated was NOT ok. The formals were being taken as guests were arriving, waving at us all and chatting. This also, was not ok. Guests were seeing the bride prior to the ceremony!

We begged to please go inside for our photos and the photographer agreed. I had to be "shielded" and was covered by a large black trench coat as we entered the venue (since most of the guests had arrived) in an effort to prevent EVERYONE from seeing the bride before the wedding) but once we got into the bridal suite, the photographers were nowhere to be found! We never got any indoor bridal party shots as we had asked for specifically.

Our ceremony pictures were back lit and either too dark or off color making my white dress look yellow. Ugly EXIT signs and fire extinguishers adorned our ceremony pictures. This could have been easily avoided by choosing another angle. Only profile pictures were taken of my husband while many front shots were taken of me. My dress was sadly bunched up for all of the ceremony shots and the photographers made no attempt to address it. Not one good side by side, standing picture was taken of my husband and I for the entire day. The one we use has a large shadow on my face and an ugly dead tree behind us. Part of the family was missing for post wedding photos and the photographers again, insisted on taking the family formals outside. Everyone was freezing and unhappy. We begged again to please go inside for the rest of the formals. We entered the venue and once again, the photographers were missing.
    We went directly into the bridal suite as a group to wait for the photographers. They never arrived.

As we were seated for our dinner we noticed that the photographers were seated in a corner eating dinner! We actually had to ask them to please take some pictures. We noticed them standing around a lot instead of taking photos of our guests.

We had painted a Thank You sign that we desperately wanted the photographers to take a picture of us with and they seemed aggravated by it. They took us, again, outside with the sign in the dark and had difficulty with the shot. We asked if perhaps we should go inside with more light. They insisted on trying two more times outside and then, they said that would be it. The picture didn’t come out very good at all. We had planned on using it as our thank you notes but were unable to because of the poor quality.

We called to let the company know how disappointed we were once we received our photos and they offered us a discount on a photo album. Our pictures came to us via email on something called 'dropbox'. The program all but crashed our computer and when we asked for photos to be provided on disc, the disks arrived blank. No hard copies were provided. Printing any pictures was almost impossible. We have no useable photos of family or friends from our day. Several of our friends and family came and left without ever being photographed. We will never get that day back. Huge disappointment!

Sent on 07/17/2012