27 Reviews for Islander Resort

Specialty Beer (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Cake (1)
Decor (1)
Furniture (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue than Guy Harvey. Denyse, Taylor, Patrick, and all the others who helped set up and pull off the best wedding ever were kind, thoughtful, helpful, and best of all fun. I never felt confused or with unanswered questions. They even allowed us to try a new set up for the ceremony and we're full of ideas and helpful suggestions to make it flawless. I can't say enough about our most perfect wedding day. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Sacha, 3/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karly Campbell, Patrick, Taylor, Loulou and entire Islander staff were wonderful for our destination wedding in September 2016. The Islander has it all for a wedding and reception or just a great vacation in the Keys. Karly was incredible and handled all the coordination and vendors for our big day. As a bride I expected to have to take care of a lot of things but Karly handled it all. It was the most stress free experience. The wedding turned out gorgeous on the beach and the reception on the terrace was a blast. All our of guests loved the food. The rooms, pools and restaurant were great for having so many people travel in. I would recommend Islander and Karly and crew to anyone looking for a beautiful destination wedding in the Keys.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I spent a week in Islamorada looking at potential wedding venues. I checked out pretty much everywhere possible and absolutely fell in love with the Islander! The location was perfect. I was really looking for some where relaxed that our guests would love. There’s so much to do at the Islander. The beach is huge and gorgeous, the pools are amazing and the Tiki Bar area is super fun! I’m so happy I had the wedding of my dreams here!

Working with Connie on our room block was SUCH a pleasure. I even stopped by wedding week to give her a big hug. She was so helpful!

Karly and Denyse were fantastic to work with! They made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding and the food was sooo good!

Patrick was amazing! We met a few days before the wedding and I knew I was in good hands after we all did the final walk through! I can’t wait to come back to the Islander!! It’s a perfect vacation spot and an even better place for a wedding!!!

Profile Picture Kacie, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Chairs, Tables

I had my wedding here last weekend and it was perfect. The resort is beautiful, the staff is helpful and everything was amazing! A big shout out to Corie and Patrick who helped me along the way and during the event. The food was incredible (everybody was raving about it), the service was great, and it was just a beautiful wedding! Thank you for making my dream wedding come true!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 12/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the wedding of our dreams at The Islander a few weeks ago and our guests are still commenting on what a beautiful venue it was and how fantastic the food was!
Connie and Corie were both great to work with and were always an email or a phone call away, which was great as we are not local in the Keys. They always made me feel special and happy to answer whatever questions I had. Connie in the Group Sales was very accomodating and understanding when helping me with our room block and I do not have enough nice things to say about Corie, the banquet/catering manager. She was amazing to work with and helped put together our special day. (And we can't forget Patrick, who was on duty the night of our wedding and tended to our every need!) Thank you all for an amazing night!

Profile Picture Monica, 10/9/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Centerpieces, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had our destination wedding and reception here. They could not be more accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Corie always responding quickly to all of my questions and we were even upgraded at no additional charge the week before the wedding! The location is stunning and so romantic!!!

Profile Picture ashley, 3/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just can't say enough about how great this venue is, we looked one year prior to our date and we knew right away this was the place for us. We were not dissapointed, the Islander Staff, especially Corie were so attentive to our needs and were ready to provide anything that was needed. Our wedding was small, only 30 people, so we were married on the beach in front of the kissing palm trees and our reception was on the tiki bar patio. Everything was so beautiful! I added bistro lights over the area, so glad I did, it looked amazing! The food was incredible, everyone loved the seviche. Our bartenders were a blast. Everyone took such great care of us and the setting is just perfect. I will cherish every memory from that day. Thank you Islander, we will be back on our anniversary.

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy with how our wedding turned out at the Islander Resort. The staff were very friendly and met with me about four times in person prior to the wedding to discuss all of the details. They were very professional and gave me all the information I needed to plan my destination wedding. I was surprised by how attentive all the staff were at our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. They make sure everything is how you want it and they make you feel special. The resort had just been turned into a Guy Harvey Outpost and my Husband loves everything Guy Harvey, so we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. We had such a great time on our wedding day and all our family and friends did as well. We are thankful the Islander Resort could make our day so special. I would definitely recommend having your wedding at the Islander Resort.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We never knew the beauty that existed behind that landmark sign that we had seen for years. As soon as we drove in, we knew it was the venue for us. They had multiple sites to choose from on the property, but we chose to get married on the sand. It was the perfect spot for us with a beautiful view that was far enough away from the rest of the resort to add privacy to the venue as well. Our reception was in the convention hall, and it was PERFECT! The staff was amazing and provided everything we could possibly need. Diane was very attentive and kept in touch throughout the planning process and anything and everything we could need was taken care of by Corie on the day of. The staff made sure that my husband and I were served first as well as our parents and catered to us throughout the night. We could not have asked for a better night and are thrilled with our choice of venue.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/10/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We spent the week ahead of our wedding here, and loved it! That guy Vern at the bar was very personable and remembers who you are like it's easy. We had a one bedroom suite so we could entertain the day of without having to make people sit on the bed.

Our wedding was very relaxed and the informal rehearsal dinner poolside was so fun! Definately try the Cuban sandwich and fried pickles!

The day of was wonderful and if you are ever placed right next door to the "other" bride of the day, don't worry. We saw each other's wedding parties but that was it, no body got in anyone's way.

Corie was wonderful with the details of the reception set up. We only had 30 guests, but we didn't feel overwhelmed in the ground floor ballroom. The bartender was quick and friendly and didn't skimp. The buffet was set up in the entry way, which kept the noise and "show" to a minimum. There was so much good food! Most went back for seconds, some only for the fish which was so beautifully done it was the first thing to run out. We decided to use the resort's cake, which was delicious! A great alternative if you aren't a fan of fondant.

The resort also worked well with my other vendors, helped the band with the beach setup/power source and gave all day for the ceremony set up. There weren't any morning weddings that weekend.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Islander Resort is the best in the Keys! I have been going to the Keys since I was a kid and this is the best value for a beautiful resort! My husband and I fell in love with the beautiful views, the clean rooms ,and the awesome staff. All of the staff were amazing at meeting all of our requests! I couldn't be happier with the way the wedding turned out. The food was delicious! The venue is gorgeous! Everyone worked hard to meet all of the little details I wanted and everyone at the resort was so pleasant! I highly recommend the Islander for your wedding!

Profile Picture viviana, 1/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow, I don't think there is one bad thing I can say about picking the Islander for our venue location this past weekend! I absolutely LOVED it! We looked at a lot of locations in Islamorada and Key Largo and I think this location is the perfect spot for a Keys wedding! Their new building/museum that they use for the reception is gorgeous! Every guest loved it! We had about 85 guests and every one of them told us how beautiful the place was! Some of the guests even joked about how they were going to buy the place if they won the Power Ball. Diane, who is the catering manager but, the person who sets up and organizes your wedding, is wonderful! Thanks for everything, Diane!

We had the ceremony right at the North beach (luckily the weather cooperated!). They set up the beach with white folding chairs, a bamboo runner, and tiki torches. It was simple but, very pretty. Having everything all at the same location is convenient, especially when you realize you forgot the rings in your room and your maid of honor has to throw off her heels and sprint to the room to retrieve them. Luckily Cory, our day-of coordinator, was right there with a golf cart for transportation! Yup, that happened but, it was hilarious! We then had the cocktail hour outside on the terrace of the building/museum. They had tiki torches lit and the building just offers a gorgeous outside area. The reception was inside which was just gorgeous with all the up lights we had. All of my guests loved how the double doors to the reception were open which led out to the terrace. Beautiful spot!

One thing I definitely need to mention is that the food was delicious and all of the employees working the reception were amazing! All of the guests were well taken care of and everyone mentioned how awesome the employees were. We were also told that one or two employees even drove some guests who were unable to drive after the wedding. Thanks, guys!! We all had such a great night!

Profile Picture Kacey, 11/16/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Diane (Director of Catering) and Connie (Group Reservation Manger) were amazing to work with. They both went above and beyond to make us have the most wonderful week-end and wedding anyone could ask for. They were both very professional and responsive. When we arrived, we found out there were 3 other weddings being held the same week-end as well as the bonefish fishing tournament. This made me nervous but in the end, they did such a great job, I would have thought we had the only event at the resort that week-end. My ceremony was at The Point and my reception was held on Tarpon Terrace. It was absolutely beautiful and everything we could have imagined. Corie and the wait staff the day of were also great. All my guests commented on how great the food was. I would highly recommend this venue

Profile Picture Linda, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karly and Corie were an amazing team right from the start. We had not been to the resort so we were going off of reviews and the website. Upon getting to Florida, everything was perfect! I did not have one worry at all. They were even so gracious and let us use two hotel rooms to get ready. The ceremony was gorgeous and set up just how we wanted it. The food as well as the servers were perfect! The customer service we received was out of this world. Thank you all for making our day perfect!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Monica, 6/20/13, 3 Reviews

DeeDe Was FAB!!!!
She made our special day memorable!
Love the Location and resort!!! Right on the beach!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 3/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the wedding of my dreams at the Islander Resort in Islamorada, Florida. It was the most beautiful site with the most professional and caring staff I have ever dealt with. Casey, the wedding coordinator and Pam, the catering manager really know weddings.

They treated me like a princess bride and my guests had wonderful weekend accomodations in the heart of the Florida Keys.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Delicious food, open bar and Casey also knew who to refer as far as tent rentals, linens, DJ and hair salon.

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We originally were scheduled to get married at the Cheeka Lodge and Spa however when the main building burnt down, we moved to the Islander Resort. Well someone must have been looking over us as it was always meant to be at the Islander Resort. We can't imagine having our ceremony and reception any place else so much so that we have booked our 1 year anniversay to go back. Pam and Dee are amazing and will go over and above to make sure everything is perfect! They worked their buns off the day of our wedding making sure we were happy. The food was absolutely amazing. We went with a buffet providing our guests with a taste of the Keys from Shrimp and Grouper to a wonderful island style beef. The Islander was also our host hotel and Shannon and her staff made sure all of our guest were taken care of. You will soon see that working with everyone at the Islander is so easy that they become family. We were so sad at the end of our wedding weekend to leave because we so enjoyed working with everyone at the Islander. We can't wait to see them in a year.

Profile Picture Darlene, 6/20/09, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Islander was a recommendation from our wedding planner, Bobbie Camp. She assured us that the staff at The Islander could help us with a reception, on a small budget. We were not disappointed. Corie was great to work with. I told her exactly what we were looking for, and our budget. She put together a beautiful space on their patio, and a simple, but delicious Cuban style meal, and a well stocked bar, all within our small budget. She even worked directly with our wedding planner, in the few days before our wedding, to come up with an alternate place for our wedding and reception in case it had rained.
During our reception, the Islander staff was top notch. They were all incredibly professional, fun, friendly and well organized. They even let us use their sound system to play a few songs that were special to us. My husband and I felt like they were a major key to making our event perfect. They are Awesome!
My only complaint was that they were in the process of repairing their swimming pool, so many of our pictures from the reception, have caution tape and snow fencing in the background, blocking off the pool. It would have been nice to know this ahead of time. Not a big deal, but it did make the patio a little less attractive.
Over all, this is a nice spot with great staff. The beach area is beautiful and we enjoyed our event.

Profile Picture Tamara, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), House Liquor, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Parking, Chairs, Decor, Tables
4.7

My husband and I got exactly what we wanted when it came to our wedding in Islamorada. We worked mainly with Corie at the Islander who was VERY responsive, answered all of my questions (and I had a ton of them!) and helped us cater very specific things for our wedding. She went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied. She made the whole process much easier and accomodated us and our guests. Good food, amazing appetizers and the staff was great!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/16/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I took a trip down to the Keys to look at 5 potential destination wedding venues. As soon as I got to The Islander, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married because I was blown away by the view. We had 100 guests and most of them stayed right at The Islander because the rooms are reasonably priced for the Keys (and very clean!) The kids had a great time because there's 2 pools and a hot tub, a water sports shop and shuffleboard on site so they were always entertained. The night before the wedding, a lot of us hung out by the pool and tiki bar and had such a great time laughing, playing cards and shooting the breeze. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and PATIENT!
We had the ceremony on the beach right by the water and had the reception outside on the Tarpon Terrace and the weather was beautiful for an October wedding. We chose a buffet and had so many compliments on the food. The staff kept my drink full all night and made sure we were always taken care of! Everything went off without a hitch and I am so so glad I chose The Islander for my venue.
My now husband and I stayed in the Keys for our honeymoon and had planned on staying in Key West a few days but after one night, we decided to come back to The Islander to spend the rest of our time at our favorite place. We went on the lighted pier our last night and danced to our wedding song, hopefully we can make that an anniversary tradition.
The only reason I gave this review a 4.5 was because it was a headache for guests to book rooms. Our first guest to book was told there were no rooms with a King bed left in our block. I thought it was strange because no one had booked rooms yet so I called and there were quite a few available. Other guests had trouble when asking for a certain type of room (# of beds, space, etc.) and were given another. Luckily, it all worked out in the end but it was a pain to deal with. All the front desk staff that were working during our visit were friendly though!

Profile Picture brianne, 10/10/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue for my wedding!! Wonderful staff and wonderful support! Thank you!!

Profile Picture JoAnn, 2/9/13, 2 Reviews
4.1

My husband and I had the best wedding ever at the Islander Outpost in April 2016. I have to say it was absolutely beautiful. We had the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on a grassy palms area just off the beach and the reception on the outdoor terrace. Everyone was very pleased with the setup, it is definitely a great wedding venue.
As far as service goes, we had A LOT of trouble with all venue arrangements for the first 3-4 months of working with the Islander. It was almost impossible to get a response to emails and/or phone calls. The venue went though 2 wedding coordinators during this short time. After the 2nd coordinator left the Islander, I was contacted by Karly, the sales manager, who was very apologetic for the lack of service I had received and promised she would work with me for the rest of planning to make sure I was taken care of. Karly really went above and beyond to make sure all of our questions were answered, we had everything we needed and we were happy with all the details of our wedding weekend even though all of this was not part of her actual role at the Islander. When the weekend arrived, everything was perfect. We were treated like a King and Queen by all of the resort staff.
Most notably, Patrick, the banquet captain, was more than tentative to our every need. He could not have been more diligent or thoughtful than he was when working our wedding.
All-in-all, I couldn't imagine a better wedding anywhere else and would definitely recommend the Islander. I hope the resort values these employees that were able totally turn around our a terrible customer service experience to make it a great one.

Profile Picture Keri , 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor
4.1

The Islander was one of the most beautiful venues to get married. We loved absolutely everything about our wedding and couldn't have asked for a better backdrop or location.

My review is somewhat mixed, however. When we initially booked our wedding, Diane Richey was the wedding coordinator and she was A-MAZ-ING. She was the most organized, thoughtful and proactive person to work with. She took care of every single detail and was meticulous about documenting everything we talked about. She was incredible to work with and we were so bummed when we heard she was no longer with the resort.

We were told Corie was our new contact and that she would be just as great to work with. Not quite. Corie did a good job making sure everything was taken care of by the day of the wedding. However, she was really difficult to communicate with. She would take several days to respond to an email and would only address half of the questions or concerns from it. Both my mom and I would have to call and leave several messages for her before we heard back. Also, on the day of the rehearsal she didn't even have the right location for where we were supposed to get married on the beach, which was picked out 8 months prior! Lastly, the night of the wedding reception was supposed to be cold and we wanted to rent a tent last minute with heaters. Corie told us there was "no way" we could get that done that last minute. But after a simple call to Mile Marker Party Rentals- they got it there in no time (by the way... they went above and beyond and I highly recommend them!)

As far as the rooms: they were wonderful! Each room has a full kitchen with fridge, stove and oven. They were clean and updated and there was plenty of space for everyone. Each room also has a lanai which was perfect for the morning and evenings! My only complaint was that they didn't give us a heads up when our room block expired.

All-in-all, both us and our dogs had an amazing stay and wedding at The Islander!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 2/14/15, 3 Reviews
3.8

The women that helped me make all of the reservations was very helpful. The rooms were cool, I have no complaints.

Profile Picture Tiffani, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)