Island Weddings Day of Coordination Reviews

25 | Saint Simons Island, GA

25 Reviews for Island Weddings Day of Coordination

Chelsea · Married on 05/19/2018

Heather was amazing! She really understood our vision and was able to give suggestions. She knows the St Simons wedding vendors and community really well. We didn't live near the area and she was very flexible with meeting times for phone conversations. Her responses are quick- especially via text. If you chose Heather as your planner, you will not go wrong.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Megan · Married on 04/20/2018

Island Day Weddings was amazing! She made everything at my wedding go so smoothly. We had a small ceremony followed by a larger reception at a house we rented on the island. Heather was so great to help my mom with some of the running around before the reception in order for my mom to enjoy the wedding! Thank you so much Heather!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Teresa · Married on 10/14/2017

Heather is WONDERFUL! I could never have done it without her. She took care of everything--even the 20 things I texted her the morning of the wedding. It is hard for me to relinquish control, but quickly I saw that she was going to handle everything I needed her to do and anything that might arise. Many people I found via this site have a "canned" approach to day of coordination and tell you what they will do. Heather takes a different approach. She finds out what you want her to do to help you and then together you work out a timeline for the day. She is so personable and professional. With her calming manner, she took so much stress off me the day of rehearsal and the wedding day. You cannot find anyone better to provide day of coordination for your wedding. She is the absolute best!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Island Weddings Day of Coordination's reply:

Thank you so much!! You guys did all the leg work making what I do easy!! It was absolutely wonderful for Paige and David and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Heather was awesome. We were not local and we could not have done it without her. She was very helpful and flexible leading up to the event and was perfect on the day of the wedding. We didn't have a worry about anything related to the ceremony or reception as she had everything under control.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Christine · Married on 09/26/2015

Heather was a life saver! I would consider myself extremely detail oriented and organized, yet there were things even I forgot. She swooped in and saved the day helping to set up the entire reception room while I had to start my photo shoot. She even had the bartender/venue make a tiny change that wasn't a huge deal, but it was something I wanted. She made it happen. I can't say enough good things about her. She's sweet, professional, sharp, and fun. Definitely use her if you're in SSI!!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Laura · Married on 04/04/2015

I could not have had a successful wedding without Heather Marshall! It rained all day leading up to my ceremony, and she contacted all vendors, musicians, etc for back up plans. She never even needed to ask me, but made the best decisions possible. She is a huge asset to your wedding day, and will calm your nerves, take away the guess work and decision making, and allow you and your family to have the best day!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Susan · Married on 12/27/2014

When my daughter, Jenny decided to get married on St. Simon's Island Georgia ( we live in Memphis TN), I began doing some wedding research on the internet. I came across Heather Marshall's name on the Golden Isles website as a "day of" coordinator. That sounded like a great idea to me - take all the stress off of me on the day of the wedding! I called her and she met with Jenny and me last March when we visited St. Simon's for some wedding planning. Turns out, Heather is much more than a day of coordinator. She gave us all kinds of great information about caterers, bands, dj's and more. We spoke several times during the year and then in early December, she came up with a timeline for the wedding day. She corresponded with the photographer, the dj, the caterer/florist and a final timeline was created. She was there for the rehearsal and directed it. She was at the wedding venue two hours before the wedding, making sure that the flowers were delivered, the girls were dressed, the rings were in the right hands, the marriage license was with the minister, the programs were in the church. Then, she directed the wedding, carried the bridesmaids bags to the reception site, and more! She met us at the reception, tweaked the order of events at the reception, worked with the dj and the caterer to make sure that the events flowed and that everyone had a great experience. She make a couple of calls for me the day before the wedding, making sure that all the vendors were in the right place at the right time. I cannot say enough good things about Heather. And, I feel like we made a friend in her over the past year. if you want a stress free wedding, then I would highly recommend Island Weddings Day of Coordination.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Heather was Fabulous! She professionally handled all our vendors on the day-of...so all I had to do was be papered - no worries, no STRESS! Heather moved our guests from point-to-point, so everyone was where we needed to be for photos, food, and fun! Do yourself a BIG favor, and enjoy the luxury of having Heather be your clone to help on your special day.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Blair · Married on 09/20/2014

Heather Marshall was absolutely fabulous to work with and essential to our wedding (dream) team! She made planning our destination wedding easier by suggesting local vendors, who to call for transportation rentals, etc. She went above and beyond being the day of coordinator from handling calls from me (the bride), my mother, and several bridesmaids to “getting her hands dirty” and lugging furniture around during set up. She had a smile on her face and worked incredibly hard for us from start to finish. The weather took a turn the morning of our outdoor wedding and Heather worked diligently to make sure that everything was set up correctly, vendors were on time and set, and even assisted in the new rain plan layout design and moving tables and chairs! Without Heather on the big day, I would have been losing my mind with all of the rain and the resulting last minute changes. I never once worried about what we were going to do knowing that Heather and our amazing vendors (Straton Hall Events, Beachview Event Rentals and Design, and Island Sound DJs) were on it! Heather helped make our day better than we ever could have imagined. Kudos, Heather!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Vicki · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about Heather Marshall! Heather went way beyond my expectations for a Day of Coordinator. She was available to both me (mother of the bride) and my daughter from the time we contracted with her ( 6 months out) to the days after the wedding, wrapping up loose ends, etc. Heather's professionalism, fabulous personality, and spot on attention to detail were a godsend! She was totally on top of her game from creating a timeline with our photographer, Brooke Roberts, recommending and working with our event team at Straton Hall and Beachview Event Rentals, and keeping things on track and on schedule. She even helped us find baby sitters for 5 families and pitched in to help shuttle guests to/from the ceremony when the weather became an issue! Heather was very quick to respond to emails or phone calls and was both positive and proactive when we faced some weather issues. Her great sense of humor and straightforwardness were a delight and since this was a destination wedding for my daughter ( who lives in Knoxville, TN) there were a lot of concerns. Heather is a person you don't just want to work with, you want to be friends with! My husband's comments were that he didn't see the necessity of a day of coordinator. But when the dust had cleared, he said we couldn't have done it without Heather, and he was dead on! As parents of the bride, we highly recommend Island Weddings Day of Coordination and Heather Marshall. She relieved our stress, pitched in wherever and whenever needed, and gave us the freedom to, as she told me, "be guests at our own wedding." We love you Heather!
    Vicki and Paul Moore

Sent on 10/06/2014

laurens · Married on 05/10/2014

Heather knocked it out of the park! She took all of the stress and details and made everything so much more enjoyable for us. We absolutely could not have done it without her!!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Courtney · Married on 06/21/2013

Heather was an absolute lifesaver throughout the wedding planning process. She always gave us 110% and quickly responded to any questions or concerns we had. As a destination wedding bride, there were only a few times we were able to make the trip to St Simons to plan, but on those few trips Heather was always carving out time to thoroughly help us. On the actual wedding day she made sure everything flowed smoothly and was in order. My mom and I were able to relax and enjoy the day knowing that Heather had everything under control. Heather was with us from start to finish and I am so thankful we had her. I honestly don't think we could have pulled off the wedding festivities without her! Even if we managed to, the planning and wedding day would not have been as enjoyable!

Sent on 07/02/2013

mary · Married on 06/21/2013

Heather Marshall is a professional. And, she knocked it out of the park when we planned my daughter's wedding from over 800 miles away. She quickly responded to our questions or concerns, and always offered a plan or solutions. She always calmed my nerves.

I mentally checked out at the rehearsal knowing that Heather was going to run things. We were able to mingle with our guests, and even act like a guest at the wedding we were hosting. Heather was behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly.

If you are planning a wedding in the Golden Isles, I recommend Heather. Not only was excellent in what she does, she is a delight and feel like we have a new life long friend.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2013

I couldn't have asked for more from Heather Marshall. She did an excellent job of ensuring our wedding was a wonderful, worry-free day. Even when we fell a bit behind on our schedule, Heather calmly got us back on track seamlessly. Having planned many events myself, I know what it is required to execute an event successfully. Heather did it all. I would highly recommend her without reservation!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Heather is a lifesaver! My day of coordinator cancelled (after we had paid in full) 9 DAYS BEFORE MY WEDDING! In a rush, we hired Heather and couldn't have been happier! Wish we had hired her from the beginning. In just a few short days she came in and pulled everything together and I had zero stress knowing she was in charge!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Christina · Married on 05/25/2013

Heather did an outstanding job for my sister's St. Simons wedding last month! She was hired at the last minute b/c the other wedding coordinator bailed on my sister and really stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park. She learned everyone's name in no time and kept things organized and moving as they should. She was efficient, organized and very "on top of her stuff!!" I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using her to make your event a lot less stressful for yourself! Thanks Heather!!!!

Christina A.
    Marietta, GA

Sent on 06/10/2013

As Mother of the Bride, Heather took every bit of stress from my day, allowing me to totally focus on my family. Thanks you Heather!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Shannon · Married on 11/03/2012

Being from Atlanta and planning a wedding in St Simons turned out to be much easier than I thought it was going to be thanks to Heather. From our first meeting when we decided to get married in SSI to the day of the wedding, Heather was there to help.

Her recommendations for flowers, bands and cake were excellent and the fact that she has relationships with these vendors and could coordinate made things go smoothly.

I didn't want my mom or any of our guests to have to worry about anything on our wedding day and having Heather there was invaluable. We had an all day event and she was there the WHOLE time making sure I wasn't stressed and that thngs ran smoothly.

I would highly recommend having Heather help in your planning and day of coordination. Our wedding day was perfect and she helped make it that way.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Renee · Married on 05/26/2012

I do not know how you could have a destination wedding in the Golden Isles without Heather. She was the best investment my son and daughter-in-law made. Heather was wonderful to work with and so patient and helpful with every question, no matter how simple or complicated. The rehearsal and wedding ran perfectly and it was all because of her hard work and attention to detail.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Christina · Married on 05/05/2012

Absolutely fabulous! We are from NJ and they made the planning and the day of the wedding so easy. Heather took care of everything and made our day perfect! We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Laura · Married on 09/24/2010

I have always dreamed of my special wedding day being absolutely PERFECT! I can say with all confidence that it was everything I dreamed of and more thanks to Heather! We had a destination wedding so family and others were not familiar with everything that needed to be done or what to do. Heather was able to do everything, so we could all simply enjoy the day and night! Thanks, Heather for making my dreams come true!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Debra · Married on 06/07/2008

Heather was an absolute joy and a lifesaver on my daughter's wedding day. It would be hard to describe just how great the experience of having her there was to us. I have seen other wedding coordinators do nothing but stand around but she was in constant motion, seeing to it that everything went as planned and making it a stress free day for my daughter and our family. Heather is the best decision anyone could make to insure that the day runs perfectly

Sent on 02/17/2012

Heather was great! I really would not have enjoyed my wedding nearly as much with having her there.

I am a corporate event planner so I knew I could plan the wedding myself. To be honest, I thought I could run the wedding day too - I AM SO GLAD I did not try. I hired Heather to oversee everything and she did so well. I was actually able to relax and enjoy our special day knowing Heather was there..all I had to do was point. It was some of the best money we spent of the wedding ;)

Thank you Heather! You nailed it!

Sent on 05/24/2013

Heather was wonderful to work with. Very energetic and responsive. She became like a friend to us and was willing to step up fulfill any need that came up!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Very flexible and willing to work with you after hours

Sent on 10/20/2015