Island Way Grill Reviews

Island Way Grill 6
Island Way Grill 7
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/07/2011

The Island Way Grill worked with a menu for my budget and my smal destination wedding of 30 people. I fave them a budget and they provided and plated meal with appetizers and an open bar. They also provided very nice shuttles from the ceremony site and the restaurant. Every one was very polite and the restaurant was GORGEOUS. It was difficult to find a place strictly online, but they were the most responsive and easiest venue to work with.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Ashley · Married on 02/11/2011

Island Way Grill was absolutely fantastic!!! We had our small ceremony and reception in the private room at the restaurant. We worked closely with Bryan and Sheri and they were absolutely amazing. We planned a wedding with about 50 guests in 10 days - not kidding!! You would've thought we'd planned for a year.

We hoped to have our ceremony outside on the patio but cold weather came in and we decided to do it inside. Everyone at Island Way took care of this hours before we were to begin so I had 0 ZERO worries that day of.

First off - the venue itself is great and requires few additions. They staff was very attentive during the reception both to myself and my groom - but also many guests told me this as well. The food is excellent, but it always is, and the menu was affordable.

I was overwhelmed by how well everything went and could not have asked for anything to have gone any better.

Sent on 02/17/2011

Leisha · Married on 11/06/2010

Island Way Grill was a perfect location for our elegant beach themed wedding. We had our ceremony outside on the patio, facing the water. The setting was beautiful! We had planned to have our cocktail hour outside, but because the weather was colder than usual, they set it up inside in the bar area. The crab cakes were our favorite! Then, our guests entered the reception room, that was set up beautifully. The food was served to all our guests within a few minutes, so that everyone was eating at the same time. The servers were very freindly and took care of our every need. All our guests were so impressed with the salmon, steak, and of course the wasabi mash potatoes! We had a great time, and everyone associated with Island Way Grill was helpful and professional! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/13/2010
  • kerbear620

Kerry Ann · Married on 09/25/2010

Sherri and Brian were amazing, absolutely amazing! The Island Way is a favorite restaurant of ours to visit and we knew that we would receive the highest quality service from them for our wedding reception too! We had a destination wedding in florida and we were concerned because we only had 30 guests but the Island Way was the way to go! The atmosphere of the restaurant is amazing and we held our reception on the private tiki deck which is beautiful! With all the light and candles and the view of the harbor it was just stunning! Every guest commented on how courteous the staff there was and how amazing the decor and how absolutely delicious the food was! We were amazing with how reasonable everything was! Any request we made was granted with no hesitation either! I would recommend the Island Way Grill to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 10/30/2010

Stephen · Married on 07/04/2010

We were married on July 4th, and it was raining. Brian and Sheri made the room look wonderful and their improvisation went off without a hitch. Anything we needed, they were all right there and took care of all of our needs. Could not beat the price for the brunch buffet, as all of our guests raved about the food! The servers were great and all had very positive attitudes and kept our guests comfortable without having to ask for anything. We definately will have more events there and we both highly reccomend having your reception there! Very beautiful outside, and even though it rained, the pictures inside were beautiful.

Sent on 07/12/2010

Susan · Married on 10/09/2009

I actually had my rehearsal dinner here. The food was delicious, and the restaurant is beautiful. We had planned on sitting outside, but it was an unseasonably hot day and we had elderly and a pregnant woman with us. They were very accomodating and set us up to move inside. Great place!

Sent on 11/08/2009

Kristen · Married on 03/29/2009

I had my wedding reception at Island Way Grill and every aspect was absolutely amazing. The food was out of this world and the service staff was beyond amazing. The restaurant itself is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The service staff made my husband and I (and all of our guests) feel like royalty. Island Way was incredibly easy to work with and provide an exceptional value for the price. Their services are worth every penny.

Sent on 04/13/2009

donna · Married on 04/14/2007

The Island Way Grill was an absolutely perfect reception site. In addition to the atmosphere and facility, the staff bent over backwards to make sure that the reception was nothing short of perfect. I could not have imagined a better place. The coordinator and her staff did everything for us and left us with nothing to do but enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend this facility for any event.

Sent on 07/25/2007

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better restaurant than Island way. The food, staff and atmosphere was amazing!

Sent on 04/22/2012

R · Married on 06/18/2010

If you are looking for a contemporary location for a small reception I would recommend the Island Way Grill. It may be a little steep for some, but we thought the food was out of this world. Our families are still talking about the steak and wasabi mashed potatoes! We even had family go back a few days later because they couldn't get enough!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/01/2010

They did a wonderful job with the food, decorations and set-up. Sheri set up our favor table and candy station and it looked BEAUTIFUL. Every single one of our guests RAVED about the food. We had a GREAT cocktail hour outside with everything from conch fritters and shrimp to veggie spring rolls and beef kabobs. All of our guest said how tender and perfectly cooked the filet was during dinner. Although they told us our room could fit 140 guests with a dance floor, but thankfully we only ended up with 110 guests because we would have been smooshed with 140.

Sent on 05/09/2010
  • Meian

Meian · Married on 10/25/2014

Island Way Grill was the ideal location for our rehearsal dinner since we were getting married on Clearwater Beach and most of our guests were staying right on the beach. We worked with Amber as our catering manager and she was very helpful in helping us select the menu option for that night. We were in the back room, semi-private with a great view of the water.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars, is that I found the appetizer portions to not be enough for the table and some of the items to be cold. We had options for the main course, but most of our guests got the surf and turf. And, I have to say they were able to cook my steak exactly how I liked it. The overall taste was superb and the presentation was spectacular. The wait staff was attentive made sure that our guests were never empty handed. Again, received many compliments that night on the location of the venue and the taste of the food.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Victoria · Married on 03/10/2012

Beautiful venue for a beach wedding! They have a variety of meal options that are sure to fit any ones budget.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Liz · Married on 04/30/2011

We had our wedding reception there and it could not have been better. Sheri and Brian made sure the whole thing went smoothly. This was the 3rd vendor I called and the price was right, they give you a per-person cost with everything included, no extra fees for anything! The per-person price with tax and service charge really is all you will pay, which for me made planning/budgeting VERY easy - especially since I was doing all my planning from Denver, CO!

Everyone is still talking (a month later) about how great the food was! I thought the service was outstanding, they even put appetizers from cocktail hour on the tables for the bridal party when we arrived. Nick the bartender earned his money making mojitos all afternoon! We ended up staying past the event time and they had no problem with it, no extra charge (except to keep the bar open, which is totally understandable!) but they even let us bring in our own cake, with NO CAKE CUTTING FEE or additional charge!

Island Way was very easy to deal with, extremely professional and VERY patient with all the questions I had. Sometimes I had to wait on a response but they never forgot me and always got back to me in time. (Those things I waited for a response on were less important anyhow, Brides To Be!) They always got back to me fast when it was important. Don't stress if they don't get back to you quickly, they WILL get back to you.

I would highly, highly HIGHLY reccomend having your reception here. All my guests, all ages, kids to 90 year olds, absolutely loved it. Great service, great food, they are flexible and it was so stress-free! THANK YOU to everyone at Island Way for making our day so wonderful! We couldn't be happier with the service or the quality of the entire event. THANKS!

Sent on 05/23/2011

Deborah · Married on 05/14/2010

The food was excellent and plentiful.. we had many compliments... ...the catering manager was very responsive to our requests. We had two different services.. passed hor d'ouvres and a quesadilla bar (later in the evening)... the servers were very pleasant and professional.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Erica · Married on 05/29/2011

WOW what a wonderful venue and a wonderful place to wow your guests who are coming in from out of town. Even when I was talking to people in Clearwater about where we were holding the reception, they we so eager to tell us what they loved about the food there. It was wonderful. We had the private outdoor space and it was a blank canvas, but beautiful without a lot of decor. A contemporary beach feel is what it gave. During the sunny time, they had large umbrellas covering most of the floor area and large fans to keep the breeze moving, and as soon as the sun went down, the umbrellas were removed and an awesome breeze came into the space via the causeway. Brian was my contact and he did everything he could, even provide me with his personal cell phone to make sure that I was feeling good, come wedding day since I was planning it myself from Nebraska. Brian bent over backwards and dealt with me on wedding day, during set up prior to the ceremony :) which was an adventure of it's own! They had to set up all the decor by themselves without direction or help from me and only my explanation of what I was looking for and they did a wonderful job. Brian's goal was to have a smile on my face all night long and he and his crew did just that! They were awesome. I appreciate everything and would highly recommend this space and Brian!!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2012

2.5

The Island Way Grille is a beautiful place for a reception. We had ours out on the back Tiki Deck. Everything was set up perfect. The staff was fast, friendly, and professional. The whole reception went off without a hitch. The only thing that I was not 100% pleased with was the contact throughout the year. I wrote several in depth emails, and only got short answers. Sometimes I got no response. I was very anxious about how the reception would turn out. However, the reception was everything I hoped it would be. So, in the grand scheme, it's a small complaint.

Sent on 10/02/2012
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 05/05/2013

3.5

Island Way Grill is perfect for that Florida Beach wedding, minus the beach. The venue is absolutely stunning. You do not need a whole lot of decor for this place, because it is naturally beautiful on its own. Sheri is the GM there and was very sweet. It was hard to get ahold of her in the beginning and seemed like the best form of communication was via email. Towards the end of the wedding, I worked with Brian and Amber and they really did make our dreams come true! They did everything to make sure we were happy. I would highly recommend using this venue. The staff was great, atmosphere was wonderful and the food is FANTASTIC!! Everyone loved it and had a blast.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2011

4.2
      1.0

This venue was absolutely gorgeous and really made for some fabulous photographic opportunities. We paid the extra to have our ceremony outside and had a room inside all to ourselves. The outside was just so beautiful being on the water, and the sunset was clearly visible as we said our vows. The food was delicious and we have had tons of compliments since with people surprised that the food wasn't rubbery and cold. Gorgeous venue, friendly staff, and delicious food. What more could we ask for?

My one complaint would be the responsiveness of my contact prior to the wedding day. During the rehearsal and the day of the wedding she was fantastic and did much more than I expected based on our prior interaction. However, we scheduled an appointment (after booking site unseen with deposit) to meet with her and she never even came out to say hello and passed us off to another employee (who was great, but not who we scheduled and traveled to meet) without explanation or apology at any point. Also, with planning a destination wedding, I did most things via email and she took several days between to respond to simple questions, and was impossible to get on the phone during the hours I was told to call should I need to speak with her.

That all being said. I couldn't imagine having done it elsewhere and everything came together on the day of our ceremony and when we did our rehearsal. I would choose this venue again knowing the communication difficulties.

Sent on 02/15/2012

We had our rehearsal dinner at Island Way Grill and it was wonderful. The atmosphere and view were great and the staff was very accommodating. We didn't book a private room but they still set up our table for about 20 people in a semi private area for us. Food is amazing as well!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/10/2014

3.0

We had our reception of about 50 people on their private tiki deck. While we had to spend a minimum of $3,000 to have this private area, there were constantly other restaurant customers walking through our venue to get to other areas of the restaurant. Not so private if you ask me. We had 2 servers/bar staff working our event and there was always a very long wait for drinks. I called the next morning to pick up our cupcake stand and they had taken it upon themselves to throw it away.

Sent on 05/19/2014

3.8
      3.0

We had an unofficial rehearsal dinner here and the service was great for the large party we had. It was a spectacular view at sunset. The servers were responsive and our guests were happy.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Cody · Married on 12/28/2018

0.4
      0.5

We had scheduled a small rehearsal dinner here (20–25 people). A couple months later, they called us up and stated that they had received a better offer and were no longer guaranteeing that we would be able to sit together. To think! A rehearsal dinner at separate tables! When we tried to make something work, they were rude and disrespectful. Some of the worst customer service I have ever received! Be Warned!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Island Way Grill's reply:

Hi Cody,
    My apologies you feel you have had a bad experience with us here at Island Way. I have no record of any one calling you regarding this reservation. My last conversation with Karen was that your reservation was fine and she had specified it to be at one table. I told her no problem and the reservation was confirmed. Please reach out to us here at Island Way if you have any questions.
    Kind regards,