Island Travel Company Reviews

64 | Columbus, OH

64 Reviews for Island Travel Company

My husband and I used Angel at Island Travel Company to help us with our honeymoon plans. Angel was absolutely AMAZING. We were so busy with planning our wedding, working full time, and a lot of other things, that we basically left it in Angel’s hands. We had a 20-30 minute initial conference call with her and she asked us the things we wanted/ didn’t want for our vacation. She came up with 4-6 great options of various places including the things we told her we wanted. Then, we reviewed her (very detailed) options and communicated a few additional times to discuss questions, etc… She was always so quick to answer our questions and she really made herself available when we had time. We were working all day so she would schedule times to talk with us late at night—which was very convenient for us. After we confirmed where we wanted to go, she basically took the reins from there and finalized everything else we needed and sent receipts, confirmations, etc… as needed. Then the morning we left for our honeymoon, on the way to the airport, we called her just to confirm a few things. She answered her phone, answered all our questions, and was very patient and kind. We had an AMAZING time on our honeymoon. We loved every single thing about the resort, location, travel plans, etc… My husband and I discuss on a monthly basis how much we want to go back. In the past I was always leery about travel agents and had the assumption that I would be paying more, but in the end, with Island Travel Company, we paid less and got a lot more! She even got us a free 90 minutes couples massage, rose petals, champagne, and strawberries!! She looks out for her clients and I can 100% honestly say that I would recommend her to ANYONE!!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Honeymoon planning..Great to work with, had great ideas and she stayed under my budget.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Island Travel recommended Playacar Palace for our wedding, and it turned out great! All of our 45 guests were impressed with the service. In addition, Island Travel arranged all of our transportation to and from the airport, which also turned out to be smooth and worth it.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you guys so very much! So glad all enjoyed their time at Playacar Palace! Congrats and looking forward to working with you again soon!

Jacqueline · Married on 10/19/2019

Loved our experience!

We had a really great experience with Island Travel Company! We had no idea where to go for our honeymoon and where to even begin to start the process of booking our trip. Angel helped us out and booked us an unforgettable trip! She was so knowledgeable and knew exactly what we wanted by just talking to us a couple of times. Thank you for booking our incredible and unforgettable honeymoon! We are ready to go back to Barbados now!

Sent on 02/27/2020

Morgan W. · Married on 07/21/2019

We used Angel as our travel agent for our destination wedding. I was the bride.

Angel & Island Travel Company were amazing to work with! My husband and I had our destination wedding in the Dominican Republic at the Hard Rock Resort Punta Cana. This was the first time that either of us had worked with a travel agent, and Angel far surpassed our expectations. From the very beginning, Angel was extremely personable and knowledgeable. We met with one other agent at the beginning; however, we immediately trusted Angel and knew she would be the best person to guide us on our destination wedding journey. We were certainly right! Angel added many thoughtful, gracious touches to our trip that we never expected. We had the trip of a lifetime, and we owe a large part of that to Angel!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Arnesia

Arnesia M. · Married on 09/29/2018

Excelente!

My wife and I wanted to take a trip for our anniversary/my 40th birthday. With me being indecisive about where to go and not having the time to do all of the research, Angel stepped in and took the wheel. She was very patient with me and my decisiveness and came through with multiple places/resorts for us to visit. We appreciate how thorough and responsive she is. The place we went with, couldn't have been better. Everything we asked for and more. We'll be working with her again in the near future!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Dessie · Married on 04/17/2015

Angle planned the perfect honeymoon for us, she was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Island Travel Company's reply:

Dessie thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your honeymoon was sure a memorable one with your big win at the Casino. It was so exciting when I heard the news from your mother in law. We had many emails and options for your honeymoon but in the end I think you made the perfect pick for you as a couple...so glad you stopped and played in the Casino :) Take care and Congrats on your new life together!

Angel provided exceptional service for our honeymoon trip to Punta Cana. Very knowledgable not only about our resort but also most others in Punta and other destinations we were looking at. Everything was taken care of in a professional, kind and courteous manner by Angel. I would highly recommend and definitely use her again when booking travel. We had a fabulous time on our trip to Punta Cana staying at the Paradisus Palma Real with an oceanfront view and Royal Service.
    R

Sent on 05/17/2014

Island Travel Company's reply:

Ryan thank you for your review and so glad you loved the Paradisus Palma Real. Congrats to you and Lydia and please keep in touch!

My wife and I went to Mexico and found ourselves in a resort that was not as nice as advertised. We got ahold of Angel, who got ahold of the owner of the resort and before we knew it we were upgraded for free!! I can't believe Angel made this happen as quickly as she did and even at such a late hour.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Hi guys... You know when we booked that property we were unsure of the quality . I was happy to get you in and out as quickly as possible. Sometimes a good deal isn't the best way to go. It all worked out and I was very appreciative to the manger at the property for their fast response in your upgrade and getting you on track for a great vacation!

Anthony · Married on 07/05/2013

Angel at Island travel was a great travel agent. She was attentive and flexible to our varying dates of arrival and departure. She kept us in the loop with any and all hotel and country information as well as all travel arrangements.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Hi Anthony! Thank you so much for your review and I appreciate your referrals of your friends. Hope all is well and look forward to working with you again!

Linda · Married on 07/28/2017

Angel is very personable and has a good bit of knowledge on multiple destinations.

Sent on 10/29/2016

3.5
      3.5

Having had her wedding at the same resort, Angel, provided experience and knowledge that was a step above the rest. Our wedding turned out beautiful, with little hassle and a week long of fun memories. I would do it all over again the exact same way...a destination wedding is definitely the way to go! We have worked with Angel several times in addition to our wedding, and have been extremely happy with all of our travel experiences.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Erin , thank you much for such beautiful compliments . I still use your wedding photo for many of my shows. You were stunning on your wedding day and those flowers were so gorgeous! I am glad you loved the wedding arrangements and to say you would do it exactly the same... Well that is the best compliment for me! I am so thankful that you both have allowed me to be a part of so many trips since then and look forward to to many years of travel planning with you.

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2013

4.2

I love Angel~! She did everything she could to make this a amazing trip!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you Kelly! I am glad the resort and wedding was a success. Looking forward to planning that anniversary trip back for you free nights!

Cathy · event on: 03/20/2013

0.0

Island Travel is the best! Angel always goes above and beyond finding the best vacation spots ! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/20/2013