Island Travel Company Reviews

64 | Columbus, OH

64 Reviews for Island Travel Company

Dianna · Married on 12/08/2015

Our honeymoon was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There are hundreds of resorts and hotels to choose from there. Not only did Angel at Island Travel set us up in the nicest of all locations, she took a great deal of time working with us to get the best all inclusive, all adult package staying true to our budget. The property she steered us toward had meticulously manicured beaches, impeccably landscaped with Caribbean flora and fauna, hosted exquisite restaurants with many fine dining options - the food was fabulous!

Beyond the bullseye pick of the honeymoon spot, Angel saved the entire trip after I almost derailed our travel plans. Upon check-in at the airport, I realized I forgot my passport and there was no time to retrieve it before the plane's departure. Angel quickly got our flight rescheduled and our check-in adjusted at the resort without additional fees to rebook - saving us $2000 in all.

Once at the resort, Angel checked in with us to make sure everything was satisfactory and was ready to correct any issues.

Island Travel should be your travel agent no matter where your destination.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Kylee · Married on 10/17/2015

Angel is AMAZING! She provided the best service from start to finish. From honeymoon options to excursions, she went above and beyond to make sure we had the best honeymoon. I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 10/03/2015

Angel was so very helpful in finding the perfect location for my husband and me. Both of us are inexperienced travelers, and Angel was there to help us every step of the way! I would definitely recommend Island Travel for any future trips!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Island Travel Company's reply:

Elizabeth thank you for the kind review and I am so glad you guys loved Couples Negril. What a great place to relax and unwind after all the wedding events. I look forward to the chance to work agin with you and BJ. Congrats on your new life together!!!

Michael T. · event on: 09/17/2015

Everything was great. Would book again and will refer other people.

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Z

Zachary · event on: 09/14/2015

Angel with Island Travel has made planning both of our recent trips to Paradisus Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic an absolute breeze. She's gone above and beyond to plan and book our vacations, all without us having to do anything other than sit back and enjoy. Angel listened to our requests, never pressuring us to purchase anything more than what we were asking for. Her knowledge and expertise are unmatched!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2015

I highly recommend Island Travel to anyone! Angel was amazing to work with from the very beginning. After we confirmed the vacation package we wanted for our honeymoon at the Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, she reached out again to see if we would be interested in somewhat cheaper package. It consisted of the same dates and the same resort. She went out of her way to continue to search for us even though we had already committed to a more expensive package. That's great business!
    When my husband and I arrived at our resort, we had some issues, so I contacted Angel via email. She responded very promptly, reached out to the resort, and even reach out to a friend of hers that might be able to help us. Everything worked out perfectly and it was just a misunderstanding between my husband, myself, and the resort ... our crankiness from traveling could've been a part of it too. Anyways, Angel reached out to us the next day to see how everything was going and again once we got back to ask how the remainder of our trip was! Again, I highly recommend Island Travel to anyone looking for an amazing vacation, whether it be a honeymoon or a family vacation!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you both so much!! And so glad we were able to make the honeymoon such a success. I will look forward to the opportunity to work with you both again. Keep in touch and Congrats!!

Laura · Married on 08/14/2015

Angel Harris was truly my "Angel" for my wedding travel plans! She was extremely knowledgeable about the property we stayed at along with the DR itself. I knew exactly what I was getting and she helped make sure I got the best price available. She took care of all of the travel arrangements and everything went according to plan! She also was able to help me with a golf outing for my future husband and his friends which included transportation. If you are planning a destination wedding, use Angel Mateo, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Island Travel Company's reply:

The pleasure was mine Laura and Hank...I had so much fun working with your group. Each and every person was so nice and I could tell you were going to have a ball with that bunch... I almost invited myself to your wedding !! Take care and keep in touch..Congrats on your new journey together!

Lauren · Married on 05/23/2015

My fiancé (now husband) and I had never booked a vacation through a travel agent before, so we were unsure of where to look! A friend of ours had recommended Angel and Island Travel Company and we could not have asked for a better travel agent and agency to book our honeymoon! Angel was so dedicated to finding a trip destination that fit our vision of what we wanted from a honeymoon, and she did not disappoint! She helped us plan the perfect honeymoon, down to the details, and accommodated our every wish! The process of deciding, then booking, then preparing for the trip could not have gone any smoother. We spoke on the phone for maybe 15-20 minutes discussing our initial vision of what we wanted in a honeymoon, and then we met with her in person for about an hour looking at possible destinations and resorts!! She was so attentive to our needs and extremely professional throughout the whole process. After we chose Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, she helped us find a resort and package within our budget! We had such a wonderful honeymoon, and we could not have planned our trip without Angel and Island Travel!! We will definitely be booking all of our future vacations and trips through Island Travel Company!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Island Travel Company's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both...Congrats on the wedding and let me know when you are ready for the next adventure!

Brandon · Married on 11/08/2014

When we first started planning our honeymoon without an agent and at the last minute, we were quickly overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin. After speaking with many other local travel agents, we immediately knew that Angel's personality and travel expertise was going to help us book a monumental trip to kick-off our lives together. And boy did Angel deliver! We just got back from a 10 night, 2 resort honeymoon in beautiful St. Lucia. We honestly could not be any more happy or satisfied with our trip. Angel made everything from planning and booking the trip to transfers while on the island painless and worry free. It's nice to know you have someone, even if remote, on your side to help you with anything that you need while so far away. Angel, we cannot wait to work with you again to see where else you'll take us! Thank you!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Island Travel Company's reply:

Brandon- I loved planning this honeymoon with you both. It was such a cool trip and so glad we were able to combine two different experiences for you on the island! Keep in touch until and thank you kindly!

Kc · event on: 10/12/2014

We just returned home from Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on Wednesday from a 5 night trip. We stayed at Paradisus La Pearla and everything was amazing. From the time I first I emailed Angel to returning home working with Island Travel was an awesome experience. Everything was super easy to deal with and all my questions, concerns, and request were met very quickly. I would recommend using Island Travel and Angel for any of your travel needs. I know that for any of my traveling needs I will be contacting Island Travel and telling everyone who is traveling to us them as well.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

I can't say enough positive things about Angel and Island Travel Company! Angel has planned multiple trips for my husband and I. Each vacation has been flawless - from flights to transfers to accommodations to excursions. My husband and I just came back from an amazing vacation to Mexico. We stayed at Unico in Rivera Maya. Everything was absolutely perfect! Couldn't have had a more relaxing vacation! Many thanks to Angel and Island Travel Company!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Tracy · Married on 08/30/2014

Island Travel company was so great to work with for booking our honeymoon! We worked with Angel and told her what we wanted in a honeymoon and our budget and she gave us several choices based on her experiences and sent us a very detailed online guidebook to help us make our decision. She was so knowledgeable about so many different destinations and after talking with us knew what resorts we would like best. Our honeymoon was exactly what we had in mind and she made it so easy for us to book it! She gave us several insider tips down to what type of room to book at the resort we picked and that information was so worth it! We had a perfect honeymoon that stayed right in budget. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you both so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad we were able to work together to make it a wonderful trip for your special celebration! I wish the very best to both of you in your new life together and look forward to working with you again. Much thanks and many blessings!

Erin · event on: 05/22/2014

Island Travel is so knowledgeable about so many destinations that they provided many options is a very timely manner. The options were all so perfect and they then helped us narrow down to the best option for what we were looking for. We had an amazing trip and would use them again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Robin · event on: 04/28/2014

My husband and I have used Island Travel Company to plan our honeymoon and yearly anniversary trip. I feel like Angel knows exactly what we are looking for because we are always blown away by our accommodations. Angel is very easy to work with and always picks the most fabulous resorts. Thank you :)

Sent on 08/12/2014

Sean · Married on 03/23/2014

The resorts we stayed at in Hawaii were fantastic. I would highly recommend both of them. We had a great time on Maui at Honua Kai - definitely more of a family/party atmosphere and we really enjoyed finishing our stay at Mauna Kea on the Big Island - much more relaxing and off the beaten path. Everything was right on point with what we were looking for - one of the most enjoyable vacations I have ever been on.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Island Travel Company. And I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review Sean. I am so happy that you and Caroline had a great time and that the resorts we choose were a good fit. Please keep in touch and let me know when you need help with future travel. All my best to you both!

Roxanna · Married on 10/06/2013

I was referred to Island Travel through other friends that had used her services. We loved the ideas she gave us for the honeymoon since we didn't really know what we wanted; the advice we got on the time of year, length of our travel, etc was just superb. We traveled to Bonaire and absolutely loved everything she recommended about the place! We mostly corresponded through emails so it was amazing how fast she would always respond. We had no issues with anything that she did, everything was great!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you Roxanna! Looking forward to seeing some of those photos from your honeymoon!

Tyler · event on: 09/07/2013

This was my second vacation with island travel and I will continue to book with them for many years. Angel Mateo is an absolute angel to work with. On both trips, the budget was met and the expectations were exceeded. My girlfriend and I are looking forward to our next trip and cant wait to see what options Island Travel has for us this time!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Tyler-I love working you both as well! I know you guys like a little adventure so I am already looking at Costa Rica or Belize for you!! Looking forward to your next trip and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Rachelle · Married on 07/05/2013

Kevin and I began working with Island Travel Company back in September 2012 to help plan accommodations for our Destination Wedding in Dominican Republic. We had not been there before so selecting a resort was a bit tricky prior to working with Angel. She was very helpful in helping us narrow down resorts according to our wish list. We chose Paradisus Punta Cana. Our wedding was picture perfect and the overall accommodations at the resort fit the needs of all our guests. Angel made herself readily available to us and our guests before, during, and after our booking. Many had questions prior to leaving and Angel responded right away. We would highly recommend Island Travel Company to anyone and we will certainly use Island Travel Company in the future.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

It was such an honor to help plan this special wedding. I always love wedding groups and all your guests were a joy to work with. I am enjoying all your photos ... You guys looked fantastic in every photo. Your off to Jamaica soon for your second honeymoon! Thank you for your review and sharing all your photos with me. Looking forward to working with you again!

Lindsay · Married on 06/21/2013

My husband and I recently were married in June and worked with, the gem of a travel agent she is, Angel, to book our romantic getaway. She recommended an adults only beautiful resort, in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico that worked with our budget. Very close to the wedding and honeymoon date we had to postpone our trip after it was completely booked and ready to go. Without hesitation Angel worked with us to get it re-booked for a later date.

Even though we were bummed we had to push the trip out and with much help from Angel it was a blessing in disguise. We just got back from our trip over the week of labor day and it was absolutely fabulous. We had never been to an all inclusive resort before and couldn't of asked for a better experience. Pure relaxation, gorgeous scenery, beautiful rooms, stunning resort. All the drinks, food and quality service one could ask for. We had both never felt more relaxed or in love in our lives. It was romantic and absolutely wonderful.

We hopped on a plane early Saturday morning, flew into Cancun, got on a private transfer van to the resort, spent 5 nights and jumped right back on on our private transfer back to the airport and home with complete ease. It was perfect, thank you Island Travel and Angel for an amazing honeymoon experience.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

You two are the best ! And I am so glad you loved the Paradisus La Perla. All the changes last minute were a blessing in disguise and you deserved the most special trip for sailing thru it all. Too many years of happy times and true love... Thank you!

~ angel

Helen · Married on 06/06/2013

Angel Harris Mateo has booked us on several vacations and each trip went perfectly. Angel also call the location and wanted to know if everything met to our liking. That included a trip to London and Paris that she planned for us. As we were checking into our first Hotel in London Angel was on the phone with the manager. We felt so special!
    I highly recommend Island travel . Angel is a 5 star plus travel Agent. I will never go to anyone else!
    Helen Fogel

Sent on 09/20/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! And your continued business.. My goal is to exceed your expectations on every trip. Looking forward to the next destination for you and many more happy memories!

Erika · Married on 05/18/2013

Angel made making our honeymoon reservations and booking our flights and transfers so stress free. When planning a wedding, there are so many things to worry and think about but thanks to Angel, the honeymoon was not one of them! When we arrived at our resort, they tried to put us in the wrong room even after explaining it was our honeymoon and we didn't want two beds. They told us the hotel was fully booked and they could not get our room changed. We decided to call Angel to see if we had any other option but to take the wrong room and we were so happy that we did! She made a phone call to her contact at the resort and they switched us over to the correct room. Our stay after that was so nice and relaxing. Thank you Angel!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. I was happy to get that sorted out for you and am very thankful to my friends at the property for taking such great care of you. It does help to have such a great partnerships in all the resorts I recommend and that always benefits my clients!! I was so happy to hear you loved the property and that the rest of week was wonderful. All my best and many thanks!

Lynn · event on: 02/21/2013

Angel helped my husband and I plan a special birthday trip to Hawaii in February 2013. She investigated what our goals were for the trip and she was able to plan and coordinate a wonderful trip for us. Everywhere we went, the arrangements were in place. The resort that we stayed at gave us an upgraded room with a wonderful view. Our travels between islands and hotels were seamless.
    We will definitely plan on using Angel's services in the future when planning our next vacation!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kathy · Married on 07/21/2012

My husband and I have booked several trips through Angel at Island travel company and we always have the best experience! Recently Angel helped us book our hotels for our European honeymoon and we loved all of them. She was very knowledgable of all the hotels in the areas we travelled and what would be best suited for the experience we wanted. She also gave us very solid travel advice like where to go what to do and what not to waste your time on. We have booked several carribean vacations through Angel. She is so well travelled she always knows the best spots. On one of our vacations we were a little disappointed with the location of our room and right away she contacted the resort had us upgraded immediately (at no additional cost) that was fabulous!
    Working with Angel is always a pleasure! She is prompt, flexible, friendly and well travelled.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you Kathy for taking time to leave a review. Looking forward to planning a future Caribbean holiday in February!

Molly · Married on 05/26/2012

I have booked several vacations with Angel and she is such a joy to work with. I basically tell her where I want to go and what I want to do and she works her magic! My husband and I booked our honeymoon with Angel and it was the most amazing vacation we have ever been on. We were treated like king and queen from the moment we got to the resort and we were even upgraded to an ocean view room because Angel called ahead and requested this. I recently went on a trip with my mom to Ireland and Angel booked our trip from start to finish. She listened to everything that we requested and was so patient with the two of us throughout the entire process. Island Travel is who I will use to book all of my future trips and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Molly- appreciate you taking the time to review and so very happy to have worked with you on both trips. Let me know when your ready to talk about the next trip which will now be a family trip. Congrats on the new baby girl!!

Neil · Married on 07/11/2011

Angel and Island Travel Company are fantastic, gaves us many options, made it very easy, and Excellent, Excellent Customer service!!! :)

Sent on 06/05/2013

Island Travel Company's reply:

Thank you Neil! Looking forward to working with you and Ruthanne again .....May have to revisit The Royal again!