Island Style Weddings Reviews

Island Style Weddings 3
Island Style Weddings 4
Island Style Weddings 5

Nina · Married on 11/05/2010

WE loved our stress free, simple wedding on Trunk Bay. Mary was extremely quick to respond to our emails. She took care of all the details and was very helpful. It was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Venita · Married on 10/10/2010

When Hurricane Otto flooded The Westin Hotel on St John, Mary Bartolucci of Island Style Weddings found the entire wedding party and all of our guests a new (and even nicer) place that agreed to take all of our folks for the same price. She literally saved the day at the last minute. She shielded the wedding party from all the little problems that came up during the wedding so that we could enjoy the moment and not be bothered with the details. It was a wonderful experience, and I can't imagine having to do it without her. Her decorations were gorgeous, and she worked so hard to be sure it was perfect down to the last detail! My advice is to take her suggestions on all the vendors she recommends. We did, and she was right every single time. She is Wedding Fabulous!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2010

Do NOT get married on St. John without Mary B! My wedding went incredibly smoothly, despite several challenges that presented themselves at the last minute. Mary took care of each one before I even knew about them.

Because of her my wedding day was exactly what is was supposed to be -- fun and stress free! Words cannot express how happy I am to have chosen her. She is knowledgeable, efficient, and she listens to every idea and suggestion you may have. We felt like she knew everyone on the island, and all of her recommendations were top notch.

She made sure all of the wedding party and vendors did what they were supposed to do, so I did not have to be the bridezilla. She was wedding planning perfection!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Lorraine · Married on 06/12/2010

We had our wedding on 6/12/2010 at Hawk's Nest Beach on St. John, and Mary was absolutely fabulous! We were in contact with her via email initially, and she responded very quickly to all of questions. We really did not have do anything except show up! Mary made all of the arrangements and took care of all the small details. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect and went according to plan. If we had to do it all over we would definitely select Mary/Island Style Weddings again!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Jacqueline · Married on 04/18/2010

My husband and I were married in St. John, USVI this April. Mary was both our wedding coordinator and officiant - I have no idea what we would have done without her! She made sure that our wedding had the best of everything (venues, vendors, etc) that St. John has to offer, and that the ceremony itself was perfect. Thanks to Mary our wedding was everything that we dreamed of - gorgeous, relaxing, and incredibly romantic! We would highly recommend Island Style Weddings to anyone getting married in the US Virgin Islands! Thank you, Mary!

Sent on 07/21/2010

Cerissa · Married on 05/24/2009

I cannot recommend Mary enough! If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them. We had a very unique situation occur and Mary handled it better than we could have hoped for. We will forever be greatful!

Cerissa

Sent on 12/31/2009

jamie · Married on 03/12/2009

Mary was wonderful, very organized and i recieved everything that was expected.

Sent on 03/25/2009

HyeRyun & George · Married on 11/29/2008

Island Style Weddings was the best choice we made for our wedding. We have never been to St. John before and didn't know what to expect but with Mary's guidance and wedding planning expertise we were able to have the wedding of our dreams and more. For any couple thinking of having a destination wedding I would highly recommend Island Style Weddings as their planning professionals. The less work you have to do, the less headache you'll have for your wedding and you can trust that Island Style Weddings will provide you with exceptional, high quality service.

Sent on 03/13/2009

Michel · Married on 12/04/2007

I greatly appreciate all that Mary did to help me out with my wedding. I not only respect her as a wedding professional but as a friend.

Natalie · Married on 08/08/2015

Mary and her team did an amazing job coordinating our wedding on St. John! She was almost immediate to respond to my emails and calls leading up to the wedding, and made me feel very comfortable that everything was taken care of, even though we were not on island until a few days before our wedding. I was nervous that my mom would be doing a ton of work the day of the wedding because the reception was up at our house, but she was able to relax as Mary took care of really everything. Mary even coordinated a complicated taxi schedule for our 60 guests to pick them up from their villas, take them to Trunk Bay for the ceremony, then up to our house for the reception, then returned everyone home at the end of the night. Additionally, every vendor that Mary recommended was wonderful, and we would highly recommend each of them as well.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2012

Mary was a great officiant to work with. Since this was a destination wedding, finding vendors & getting a hold of them was at times difficult. Mary offered her suggestions & provided me with phone numbers which was very helpful! The sunset ceremony was beautiful & our entire family had an amazing time!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Catherine · Married on 07/30/2011

Island Style Weddings provided us with the ultimate experience in planning, recommendations and service. They worked with us to plan a handful of events over our long wedding weekend including a beach BBQ, a rehearsal dinner, a wedding ceremony on the beach and a wedding reception. They were patient and responsive to changes in plan and changes in needs. All of these events exceeded our expectations as the food, atmosphere and service was outstanding at all locations. The events were conducted seamlessly and professionally by the recommended vendors. I would definitely recommend Island Style Weddings to anyone looking for a wedding/event planner in St. John.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Julie & Jeff · Married on 02/15/2011

We had been planning to vacation on St. John and then 3 months before we were to go we decided to elope. Mary was very helpful in planning our wedding on a fairly short notice. We wanted a sunset wedding on the beach, with just us and she delivered that for us in a perfect way. She coordinated Bluegrass Photography to take our pictures which turned out fabulous. We wanted a quiet romantic wedding and Mary delivered that with ease. I would definitely recommend Island Style Weddings. We really couldn't have planned the day to be more perfect. Thank you Mary!

Sent on 03/29/2011

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2012

Mary and Leah worked together to give us a wonderful, memorable wedding in beautiful St. John, V.I. It went exactly according to our hopes, and they were both lovely people to work with. We had a very very small wedding, but required lots of help and flexiblity regarding securing our official license, and they were exceptionally accomodating.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Lauren, we were delighted to help you and to be part of your special day!

Mandie · Married on 03/04/2012

Mary was wonderful. She really made our wedding experience everything that we were asking for. We wanted a casual, fun and joyful celebration. Thanks Mary for a wonderful day.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Chantel · Married on 12/03/2011

Mary was a wonderful wedding coordinator. Every detail of our beach wedding turned out perfect. Her knowledge of the island was invaluable. She was also a wonderful officiant.

Sent on 01/16/2012
  • Y

Yulia · Married on 04/30/2010

Hiring Mary was a best decision I ever made. Mary made sure that everything went perfect on our special day. Mary was also an officiant at our ceremony and she did an amazing job.
    All of Mary's recommendations were excellent and I was really happy with her recommendations for a wedding photographer and a music band.
    Planning a destination wedding in a location that you never visited before is stressful and having Mary by my side made my wedding planning experience easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 02/27/2011

Kim · Married on 02/06/2016

Mary and Brenda were wonderful to work with. From our initial visit to St. John where they drove us around to look at venues, to the final touches at the reception, we were very pleased. They were onsite at all of our events leading up to the wedding which helped put us at ease (sailing day, beach BBQ, rehearsal dinner). They also have great style/taste and I felt very comfortable letting them make some decor decisions. The best gift you can give yourself (as a bride) is a wedding planner. I was able to enjoy my special day and not fret about the cake showing up or whether the guests knew how to get to the reception. If you are thinking about the US or British Virgin Islands for your wedding (which you should, we had the best time!) Mary is your gal, she knows all the best vendors and locations. A sincere thank you to Island Style Weddings!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Audry · Married on 03/23/2013

Mary was great. Very nice and helpful. I was slightly disappointed with our photos and the lack of creativity as far as poses go and too many of the bride and not enough groom or the 2 of us together (not Mary's fault) and the restaurant after the ceremony, I wasn't very impressed with their food and they didn't know we had a wedding cake and had to go looking for it. Overall our wedding was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Photos, food and cake mean nothing when you get to marry the man of your dreams and that's what it was all about. Thanks Mary!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Audry for your kind words, I am a bit surprised by your comments on photography, maybe I misread you. Your husband told me he preferred more photos of you as he did not like to be photographed. I was following his direction. The restaurant that we suggested was the Waterfront Bistro, it is one of the highest rated on the island. I wish you much happiness in your life together, all the best Mary Bartolucci, Island Style Weddings

Stephanie · Married on 02/19/2013

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our wedding planner, Mary Bartolucci. She gave us excellent recommendations for vendors and we were very pleased with all of them. We did independent research online for each of the recommended vendors and we found that others had very positive experiences with them, just like Mary said. In addition to answering our questions and concerns in a timely manner via email or on the phone, Mary and Leah were AMAZING on the day of the wedding. Mary put everyone at ease, including me, and we had to worry about nothing. She came to my villa before the ceremony while we were getting ready to help out and answer any questions we had. Leah was busy setting up the ceremony and decorating at the ceremony and reception sites. Mary officiated the ceremony and then came to the reception and stayed until after the Father-Daughter dance just to make sure everything ran smoothly.
    I was also a little worried that some things wouldn't be as I imagined them because I couldn't be there to pick everything out. This was not the case! Mary took detailed notes of all of our "likes" and "dislikes" during our phone calls and from our emails. She is very detail oriented and completely understood "my style". Everything was exactly what we wanted: the flowers, ceremony aisle, ceremony set up, reception decorations, etc.
    In addition to talking on the phone regularly and sending emails almost daily at times, we were able to go to St. John in October for a few days to meet Mary and her assistant Leah. They were both so kind and professional. We were worried that wedding planners might "run on island time", but this is not the case with Mary and Leah!
    You will not be disappointed if you select Mary Bartolucci (and Leah Burris) as your wedding planners! Their experience, attention to detail and overall knowledge of St. John make them the best choice for wedding planners on St. John!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Addie · Married on 05/14/2011

Mary is wonderful to work with, and our wedding was perfect! She did an amazing job making my vision come true! I definitely reccomment all brides use Island Style Weddings! My only disappointment was the Grapevine salon. I ended up having to do my own hair and makeup for the ceremony. So in my opinion, if you have high expectations for your hair/makeup, try a different salon!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Shannon · Married on 12/18/2008

We were very pleased with our experience with Mary and the Island Style Wedding team. I don't think we would have done anything differently. Everything was exactly as we wanted - if not better.

Bethany · Married on 03/09/2008

Mary provided great service. She really pulled the entire ceremony together and provided great advice regarding other details of the event that she was not specifically hired to help with (e.g., reception location, cake purchase, transportation). Mary was very flexible regarding how we wanted the ceremony to take place and she made the day wonderful for us, our friends and our family.

Tatum · Married on 12/12/2011

Mary planned our destination wedding on St.John and was a complete rock star. The stress of planing from afar is often overwhelming but with Mary you are in good hands. She was efficient and responsive, made suggestions and was flexible to change course when we were in our preliminary planning stages and had no clue what we wanted or where we would end up (did i mention that she is also veryy patient?) :)
    The biggest advantage to having a planner is that the bride is not bothered or disturbed on the actual wedding day, worth it's gold in coordination fees not to be stressing about details on the big day! Mary was in charge and everything was coordinated and flowed through her. Because of her relationships with vendors, and her high standards, you know that you are getting quality and value.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Mary Anna · Married on 03/31/2009

3.0

This is the only way to go!

Sent on 04/13/2009