Island Style Weddings Reviews

Island Style Weddings 5
Island Style Weddings 6
Island Style Weddings 7

Peter · Married on 07/13/2013

There is not a single thing that Mary and her team didn't execute perfectly. Their attention to detail, unwavering commitment, positive attitude and dedication were in a word FLAWLESS. Not to mention their taste level, which is also extremely high, and something you really need to consider when you hire a wedding planner.

If you are getting married in St John and you don't live there, you would be crazy not to hire these people. Awesome people and outstanding work.

Thanks again Mary & Leah!!

Peter & Samantha

Sent on 07/26/2013

Barbara · Married on 06/27/2013

From the initial planning stages to the final wedding day, Mary knew exactly what the vision for our daughters' wedding would be. It was the dream wedding that every parent wants their daughter to have on her special wedding day.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Dana · Married on 06/25/2013

This was our second marriage and we wanted it to be beautiful, easy, no hassle, and intimate. It was better than I imagined. Mary and Leah offer the perfect package for couples wanting a destination wedding with a few nice extras including a wonderful photographer, we used Blue Glass Photography, and gorgeous flowers from Roses Too. Mary and Leah know the caterer we used, St. John Catering, and they knew what linens etc they could provide vs. what Mary and Leah could add to make the dinner perfect. We appreciated the ease and professionalism of Island Style Weddings. Thank you Mary and Leah!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Amy · Married on 06/21/2013

We had the best experience with Mary and our wedding. She was very prompt in returning my emails and calls. The day couldn't have been more perfect. I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2013

I truly enjoyed working with Mary and Leah at Island Style Weddings. I called and emailed...A LOT! They were very helpful with the little details and vendor recommendations for flowers, the cake and hair and makeup. These ladies are easy going but very professionsal and my wedding day was carefree and happy and I didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2013

Hiring Island Style Weddings was the best decision we made during wedding planning. We live in CA so we were very far from St. John. Mary and Leah were so easy to work with and very accommodating considering we had quite the time difference. The value provided was well worth the cost!!! Mary helped with every aspect of the wedding including helping with the day sail on Kekoa we took the day before the wedding. Every vendor that she recommended was absolutely amazing (and I'm not exaggerating.) Mary’s stock of décor and other wedding accessories was great and she was able to accommodate every special request we had. On top of coordinating the wedding, reception, and everything else, Mary and Leah were extremely nice and personable. They went out of their way to help our guests with travel advice as well. We give Island Style Weddings the highest recommendation! If and when we decide to renew our vows, we will be calling Mary!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Stephanie and Jim, your kind words bring a big smile to our faces,!!

Becca · Married on 05/18/2013

Mary and Leah are an incredible duo who put together a flawless wedding celebration for us. They offered sound advice, worked with us to make our vision come to fruition and continued to reassure us, and our mothers, throughout our year of wedding planning in St. John. They are attentive and their attention to detail and professionalism are beyond compare. Our 100 person wedding ceremony and reception were perfect--we cannot stop smiling!

-Becca and Chas

Sent on 05/28/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Becca and Chas, we had a great time working with you and your families. Your wedding was a wonderful celebration as well as a lovely tribute to your religious heritage, we hope to see you back on St John soon! all the best Mary and Leah

Mary · Married on 05/18/2013

Becca and Chas' wedding exceeded all my expectations. Mary and Leah performed a herculean task bringing together the details. Their organizational skills are outstanding.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2013

Mary and Leah are outstanding wedding planners! I would recommend them to anyone looking to plan their wedding on St. John. They truly made our vision come to life and created our perfect day!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Becca! we loved working with you and meeting your friends and family ( all 100 of them:)
  • Z

Zeke · Married on 05/05/2013

My wife and I were already married before coming to St John USVI, and our parents and us just wanted to have a little Destination Island Wedding Celebration type of event at St Johns. And then came Mary, she waved her magic wand and turned out little celebration into the Wedding of the Year. Mary was extremely easy to work with, with outstanding artistic visions and abundance of wedding knowledge and resources. And most of all, she customizes the wedding around YOU and YOUR own vision and dreams, just making it a million times better.

This is the FIRST review I ever written for anybody or anything, but after how our wedding (see I'm calling this celebration my wedding now because it exceeded my own actual wedding) turned out absolutely astounding, I have to say thank you so much to Mary and Leah for all your hard work and dedication. The wedding was planned out so seemlessly and wonderfully, it made us groom and bride feel we were so spoiled but at the same time so worry free so we can just focus on and enjoy the company of each other and with our family during this special occasion. Mary and Leah were even nice enough to join us for dinner at my request, cooked by the best chef on the island, Ted Robinson by the way.

All in all, if you're planning on a destination wedding, island wedding, or any type of celebration at St John, Virgin Island, calling Mary will be the best decision you can make since you chose your beautiful spouse.

Thanks again, Mary and Leah, for planning a wedding celebration that exceeded our expectation by a thousand miles.

-Zeke

Sent on 05/11/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Leah and I were delighted to meet you and your families. It was an honor to be part of your wedding celebration- truly a cultural experience for us! We hope to see you and your beautiful wife Karina again soon- I wish you only the best Zeke and please keep in touch so we can continue to be updated on where your life's journeys take you,
    We loved getting to know you better! xxoo Mary and Leah

Sara · Married on 03/08/2013

I highly recommend Island Style Weddings! We used them to both plan and officiate our wedding, and they really made it seem easy and took away any anxiety I had about planning a destination wedding. They are so knowledgable and do a great job working with you to customize your wedding so that it fits your wants/needs and who you are as a couple. Wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Mario · Married on 02/13/2013

Mary was a dream!!!!! she was so helpful on every thing...the beach she picked was GREAT!!!!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Katie · Married on 01/04/2013

I would recomemend Island Style Weddings to anyone wanting a beautiful beach style wedding. Mary and Leah were two wonderful people, really easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable planning our destination wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Laurie · Married on 12/12/2012

Mary and team were fabulous to work with. They helped us navigate the logistics of a destination wedding and made us feel comfortable all our choices. Our officiant Beth was super - calmed our nerves, was optimistic and positive and very touching during the ceremony. We really enjoyed our experience and highly recommend choosing St. John for your wedding location and using Island Style Weddings to make it a perfect day!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Soo Mai · Married on 12/10/2012

My husband and I couldn't be any happier then the service Mary had provided us. Weddings are never easy things to plan especially if you are planning from abroad. Mary had made the planning process easy. Mary answered all our questions on timely manner. St. John is a very small island and things like dry cleaning is supplied by one vendor. Mary had all the right contacts to ensure we got dress and suit ready for the big day. I don't think a lot of brides can say they were stress free on their wedding day but I can admit, I was and only because I had the best wedding planner in the world. Thanks Mary and team:)

Sent on 01/08/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/23/2012

We had a wonderful experience with Mary. Everything was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Monica · Married on 11/15/2012

We had the most divine wedding, setting, photographer everything was just in place.
    I love Mary diversity and flexibility, sharp eye to prevent and resolve any last minute problems... If there is any!
    You always want to have some one that can be so sincere and strong look in their eyes wend they are talking to you, reasurness, motivation, keep calm and beautiful smile to kept you going on the most especial day in your life... You can't ask more then that... Professionalism is what you can get with them.

Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Monica, you hold a special place in my heart and I was more than honored to be part of your wedding xxoo

Karen · Married on 11/12/2012

Island Style weddings is the only choice for a St. John wedding! Mary and her team were exceptional. Extremely professional and detailed and helpful with every aspect of the wedding. From pre-planning, to the actual ceremony and reception, they were there every step of the way. I would highly recommend Island Style Weddings for any and all aspects of your special day!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Lorena · Married on 11/10/2012

Leah and Mary from Island Style Weddings were amazing! Leah was so prompt and quick to help us with any of our needs or concerns. Our ceremony was on Trunk Bay and the set up Mary and Leah did was absolutely gorgeous. The photographer did an amazing job! Our friends and family gushed over our photos! We had the wedding of our dreams, thanks so much to Leah and Mary for everything you did for us!

Andrew & Lorena

Sent on 01/04/2013

Becky · Married on 10/27/2012

Mary and her staff was incredible in every way!!!

Sent on 11/09/2012

John · Married on 10/27/2012

Mary and Leah are phenomenal. They were very easy to work with, always helpful and patient. Planning a destination wedding can be a challenge & having people who are so experienced, knowledgable & pleasant made it relatively easy. Mary helped with every decision we had to make and invariably her suggestions made things better and easier. She guided us through every step to assure a wonderful & beautiful experience. I recommend Island Style Weddings highly- truthfully there are not enough stars to reflect my assessment. In planning a wedding one needs a coordinator who is calm, professional, experienced, fun, & gently guiding. Island style weddings has it all

Sent on 11/18/2012

Emily · Married on 10/23/2012

Mary and Island Style Weddings far and away exceeded our expectations! We would, without a second of doubt, enthusiastically recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Courtney · Married on 10/16/2012

Mary was a delight to work with . Our wedding was everything we hoped it would be and so much more! Much thanks to Mary and Leah for all their expertise!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Shay · Married on 08/01/2012

Island Style Weddings gave us the wedding of our dreams. Everything was so perfect and so beautiful. Mary and Leah were wonderful and helped us with everything. They made everything stress free. They work very hard to make sure you have a perfect wedding and I can definitely say my wedding was perfect! When my husband and I down the road decide to renew our vows we definitely want Island Style Weddings to do it!

Sent on 10/06/2012

lynett · Married on 07/19/2012

Mary was wonderful. My day was everything I thought it would be and more.

Sent on 10/03/2012