Island Style Weddings Reviews

Island Style Weddings 2
Island Style Weddings 3
Island Style Weddings 4
Island Style Weddings 5

Mary and her staff were unbelievably professional, reliable, and supportive both the day of the event and the months leading up to it. They were incredibly helpful working with us through the many complications that can come with having a wedding in such a pristine location. Their knowledge of vendors and the ways of island life are unparalleled, they were very useful in knowing which vendor was the best to help us on our special day, which would not nearly have been as special with out Mary and her team. She understood our vision for décor and made it a reality beyond our expectations. Finally, we were able to enjoy the day while she handled all the details working with all of our vendors to ensure a beautiful night. Island Style Weddings lead by Mary know how to throw a party and no detail was overlooked! Their experience shows in everything they do!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 02/24/2015

I could not be happier with our decision to hire Island Style Weddings to do the event planning coordination for our wedding in St John, USVI. Due to an unexpected deployment for my husband, we had to push back our original wedding date. Mary was extremely understanding to the circumstances and was ready to dive back into the planning process once we were able to set a new date which almost a year later. Island Style Weddings brings the professionalism you would expect from a first class wedding planning service; prompt response to e-mail, phone calls as often as I felt were required, and the experience of many years in not only in this business but also on St John. They have many décor options which are available to use to help bring your vision to life which is a huge plus when you are planning from far away. From the second my husband and I arrived on St John for our wedding week, we felt at ease knowing we could send a text or call if there was anything which came up and we needed assistance or had a question to ask. Island Style Weddings also coordinated multiple events related to the wedding which included a welcome reception at a local bar and grill, a day sail to the BVI, the wedding rehearsal, and catered rehearsal lunch on the beach. All of this led up to the big day which I can only describe as perfect. I cannot thank Mary, Leah and Brenda for all of the work they did to make our wedding a not only a day, but a week we will never forget. And to anyone getting married in the USVI, Island Style Weddings will make sure is it the wedding of a lifetime.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Hiring Island Style Weddings was the best decision I made...after saying "yes!" to my now husband. Mary and Leah were on top of every detail. They helped plan and coordinate our welcome party, snorkel trip, sunset sail, AND wedding day. Every detail was taken care of beautifully. Our wedding celebration was perfection thanks to ISW.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 12/12/2014

We made the best decision by having Island Style Weddings help plan our week of wedding festivities. Mary and Leah are super sweet and extremely helpful! Not only was our wedding absolutely beautiful, but they also helped plan a day sail and welcome party for our guests. The attention to detail for every aspect of our wedding was perfection! Thank you Mary and Leah for making our wedding experience stress free and enjoyable for us and all of our friends and family!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Stephanie and Corey, we loved working with you! We hope to see you back on St John many times again.

Allyson · Married on 11/22/2014

All I can say is that Island Style Weddings is the best to work with in executing your vision for your wedding within budget with care and class. I never could have imagined a more perfect team to work with. Over the past eleven months, Mary would touch base or I would shoot her an email (or send her numerous Pinterest ideas) on what I was thinking and she was always responsive and objective (which I love!) I think we quickly got a sense of each other's style and personality and that worked well in terms of the trust and comfort level for making decisions for the wedding. We had two minor hiccups within the planning which they handled with true professionalism -one, a change of the reception venue and two, inclement weather the morning of my wedding. On the day of my wedding it poured and poured and Mary called me that morning to tell me not to panic and that she would work on a back up plan in case the ceremony could not happen at Trunk Bay. In the end, I decided to take my chances and hope that the rain would stop (and it did!) and Mary and Leah never forced me to change my mind and I appreciate that. Dom and I could not have been more happy with their support in making #onekingdomforever an unforgettable day! Tablescape for reception sparkled, flowers added the rich, vibrant color, recommended DJ had everyone on their feet, and the drinks were flowing which is EXACTLY what we wanted!
    When we are ready to celebrate our 5 anniversary we will certainly call on Mary and Leah again!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you #ourkingdomforever it was an honor to be part of your wedding. We hope to see you and your beautiful family back on St John many times in the future. Have a great holiday as Mr and Mrs, Mary and Leah

Toni and Billy · Married on 11/10/2014

Mary and Leah at Island Style Weddings made planning a wedding on an Island fun and stress-free! Mary loves St. John and the other Virgin Islands and is intimately involved in the community. Because of this she knows the best venues for each budget and which vendors are reliable and offer quality service. The florist, band, ceremony musicians, and taxi drivers went above and beyond our expectations! The setting overlooking the clear blue sea was spectacular! Island Style Weddings encouraged us to make our ceremony special and personal. We were able to ship 13 boxes to their office for Welcome Bags and other signs, photos and momentos to make Jenna's wedding vision come true. The day of the wedding we didn't worry about a thing - just enjoyed our guests and savored each moment! Many of our guests said that it was the most meaningful ceremony they had ever attended and the most fun reception. Our family can recommend Island Style Weddings without reservation!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Toni and Billy, Jenna's wedding was especially meaningful - our island "Little sister " is now a married lady! Thank you for including us in such a lovely wedding. I look forward to seeing you back on St John soon!

Jenna · Married on 11/10/2014

Working with Island Style Weddings was a DREAM. If you want your wedding day to simply unfold before your eyes as you sit back and enjoy it then Mary Bartolucci and her team of experts are exactly who you are looking for. From the very first meeting to the big day, my husband and I were very pleased with the professionalism, creativity, and resourcefulness of Island Style Weddings. If you are planning a destination wedding from afar you need someone local who knows all of the ins and outs of the islands. Every single vendor that Mary connected us with was AMAZING and I am so grateful. Thank you Island Style Weddings for truly making our day magical and one that we will never forget!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Marilyn · Married on 11/01/2014

Mary is wonderful to work with if you like organization, follow through, and a wedding that is not only beautiful but stress free. We planned our entire wedding site unseen without ever visiting St John. We were not disappointed..all was better than we could ask, think, or imagine. Mary was very committed to giving us what we wanted in food, music, flowers, drinks, sunset sails, welcome party venues and amazing food! We spoke every few weeks for planning purposes for over 6 months. She was so helpful in keeping us on track......provided us with timelines, reception decor options, ceremony samples and island travel details which made things so easy for our quests. Everyone who joined us in St. John loved Mary and Leah. We consider them friends and we feel so blessed to have them a part of our Wedding memories. We couldn't have done it without them!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

We LOVED being part of your celebration and hope to see you many times again back on St John, have a wonderful holiday and keep in touch!

Chase · Married on 10/25/2014

Mary and Leah are the best! Don't waste your time looking elsewhere.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Chase and thank you for the referral, greatly appreciated, maybe we will see you back on STJ sooner than you thought, May ?

Jenna · Married on 10/25/2014

Island Style Weddings is the best wedding planning vendor of the Virgin Islands!!! They worked with me for months before the wedding to make me feel comfortable and EXCITED about planning a wedding remotely. The week of my wedding was absolutely picture perfect and was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined, thanks to the hard work of Mary and Leah. All of the wedding events went so smooth and they were both there for me and my wedding guests to answer any and all questions through out the week. I would highly recommend using Island Style Weddings for any of your events in the Virgin Islands...I want to do it all over again!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Jenna, your happiness is so evident in everything you do, may you have many many years together, I know there will never be a dull moment, all the best to you and your family!

Dale · Married on 10/18/2014

Mary and Leah were fabulous throughout the whole process! They were organized, calm, efficient and thorough. They dealt with all the local vendors for us and kept things well under control. Last minute request were taking care of graciously an effectively.

Leah and Mary came to our villa to help decorate for a private dinner which turned out beautifully.

At the beginning of our wedding week, we were faced with Hurricane Gonzalo possibly hitting St. John!!! We were blessed that it didn't. Mary was extremely helpful in keeping us calm, offering Plan B if needed, and helping make alternate hotel accommodations for 8 people for the first night we were supposed to stay in a villa.( we couldn't get in because the were hurricane proofing the villa)

Wedding day it was threatening rain and Mary and Leah had everything planned should that happen. It didn't and we had a beautiful ceremony. All of Mary's suggestions: a welcome evening at the Motu, an all day sail trip on the Island Spirit and a sunset sail for the reception were SO much fun. It was a magical week and the best wedding ever!!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Dale, it was an honor to be part of your wedding celebration, I hope to see you and John back on St John soon!

sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

Mary and Leah were both very helpful throughout the entire planning process. They went above and beyond the week of the wedding due to weather issues early in the week. Every event throughout the week, from sail/snorkel trips to rehearsal sail and the wedding itself, was perfect and all of our guests complimented us profusely and even thanked us for inviting them! Thank you very much Mary and Leah.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Sarah, we loved meeting you and being part of such a fun happy time!
    all the best,
    Mary and Leah

Janice · Married on 10/11/2014

Excellent, professional and on point for all your needs.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you, Janice, it was a pleasure to be part of such a lovely family event

Joseph · Married on 10/11/2014

Mary and Leah were an exceptional team that made planning a destination wedding for my daughter a pleasurable experience. The coordination with the numerous vendors, venue, caterer, etc was mnaged flawlessly. Every hitch had a fix. Thanks for making the process painless and the event extraordinary!
    JMG

Sent on 10/21/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you we had a wonderful time working with your family and hope to see you again!

Semone · Married on 10/11/2014

I cannot say enough about Mary and Leah! My wedding planning experience was amazing from beginning to end. They were both very professional and helpful. I loved how responsive they were usually responding to my emails within the hour! My wedding was their first in St. Croix, but I had now doubts that my wedding would be executed with the same level of expertise as their events on St. John. My wedding day flowed so smoothly (and on time!!) I could not have asked for a better day!! Island Style Weddings is definitely the wedding planner to go with if you plan to get married anywhere in the VI, if you want a stress free planning experience. Well worth every penny!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Semone, we are so happy that we were able to be part of your wedding, St Croix was magical!

Janelle · Married on 06/08/2014

Mary and Leah made my dream wedding come true! Not only was it so beautiful but stress free!!! Every brides dream!! With every bride it is hard to let go and trust someone with your day but island style weddings was fantastic and never letting me have a freak out moment!! These ladies truly love there job and it shows through there work. Great job Mary and Leah!!! Xoxo love The Happy Newlyweds!!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • User4195349 · 2+ years ago

Mary and Leah were fantastic in all aspects of the wedding from planing stages to reception. Their expertise and knowledge of quality vendors and venues made planning the wedding easy and efficient. Most importantly, they understand that the wedding is all about the bride and groom and making their day special. Even with the best laid plans, Mother Nature has a mind of her own. Although it rained, Mary and Leah came through with helping to make 'Plan B' a special alternative. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a St John wedding.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/26/2014

Thanks to Mary and Leah at Island Style Weddings, our wedding was absolutely PERFECT. We had a Persian American ceremony on the beach at Trunk Bay and our reception at The Waterfront Bistro.

Throughout the 9 months of planning they provided the ideal balance of guidance and flexibility. They were both integral in helping us find our style and voice and met us where we were, so to speak, every step of the way. I didn't have many "freak out" moments, but when I did, one of them was always available to speak over the phone or respond to my questions over email. On our wedding day everything went smoothly as they discreetly guided us through the ceremony and reception. Mary and Leah also have impeccable taste, which I did not fully appreciate until the day of the wedding. The flowers, the ceremony, the chairs, the aisle, the reception decoration - everything was more beautiful than I could have imagined. And we were even able to stay within our budget.

If you are having a destination wedding on St. John, it would be a mistake not hire them. Having someone to help manage the logistics and details of a destination wedding is one thing, but actually having a professional wedding planner invested in your special day as much as you are is truly priceless. That is the kind of service that Island Style Weddings provides, and for this we are forever grateful!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Susan · Married on 03/22/2014

If you are thinking of a wedding on the most beautiful island in the world, you must marry on St. John, USVI! Mary and Leah at Island Style Weddings have all the in’s and out’s of the island and they deliver with grace and elegance! We began planning our wedding in October for a fast turn around, (we were married in March). All of our wishes and hopes were not only possible but without issue! The day of my wedding was organized and flowed without my involvement, Leah and Mary both handled all the details while I enjoyed the morning in a yoga class with all of my closest friends. We are absolutely delighted with our wedding and the wonderful memories Island Style Wedding made possible and we will cherish them forever.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Erika · Married on 02/28/2014

When starting to plan a beach wedding all the way in St. John from Ohio, I knew I was going to need some help. I looked around online at the (few) wedding planners on the small island of St. John, and I was drawn to Island Style Wedding's website for their style and professionalism. I contacted Mary and she talked me through planning a St. John wedding for probably over an hour and we hadn't even hired her yet!
    Mary really knows weddings and event planning , and it was so nice to have someone who was actually a St. John local on our team. Mary and her assistant Leah were quick to respond to emails, did all the transactions with the vendors for us, and really listened to what we wanted. They made the planning process fun by having me make a Pintrest board of inspiration and style.
    The day of the wedding was pretty seamless! All we had to do was show up at the beach and they had everything there waiting for us. Mary did an excellent job officiating the ceremony and the scenery a dream. The reception was wonderful (we had about 15 guest total) too. We rented out part of a restaurant (Rhumb Lines) and it worked out great - it was actually fun to have the other diners around.
    Overall, we could not have had a better experience and we're so glad we worked with ISW! I'm so sad it is over! We will definitely keep in touch with Mary and Leah and we hope to go back to St. John soon!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Brittany · Married on 11/09/2013

Mary was amazing! She listened and pulled off our wedding weekend flawlessly!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Duncan · Married on 11/09/2013

Mary did my daughters wedding and took all the stress off me and my daughter. We both moved Mary and her team. She pointed us in the right direction and we were overly pleased with her every step of the way! I wanted to enjoy my time with my family, daughter and new son in laws and she made that possible.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Rebecca · Married on 11/01/2013

It was such a pleasure to meet & work with Mary. She coordinated everything in a relaxed, professional, calming fashion. Mary's suggestions on placed to stay, hair & make-up, as well as, wedding venue were exceptional. The detailed instructions on how to obtain a marriage license were very helpful.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Julie · Married on 10/26/2013

Mary and Leah are the best in the business! If you're planning to get married in St. John, USVI, work with Mary and the Island Style Wedding team and your day is guaranteed to be perfect. Whether you just want to set the date and show up or if you want to be hands-on planning, Mary will work with you to make your vision come to life. From coordinating guests to catering to making sure the flowers are just the right color, Mary takes care of it.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Judy · Married on 10/26/2013

Loved working with Mary and Leah. The beach wedding and reception for 65 people was beautiful and special. I could have never done an event like this without their expertise.

Sent on 12/01/2013