Island Libations Reviews

7 | Honolulu, HI

7 Reviews for Island Libations

Chip · Married on 07/01/2017

Cynthia is awesome!!!

First, she is great with correspondence! Quick replies, no hassles. Fantastic.

Second, she had such great suggestions for both what to buy and in what quantities for our guest count. We went pretty simple: beer, wine, bubbles, water, and soft drinks. She chose great stuff, even bringing in fresh handmade fruit juices (she did this herself the night before!). She made some sangrias that were a huge hit!

Third, the service was top-notch! Everything went super smoothly, from set up to clean up to consistently fast service. Her husband Sully was there to help set up and serve, and there was never any waiting.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better bartending service at our wedding reception! So glad we made the right choice!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

The ladies of Island Libations were so far beyond my expectations! We absolutely loved our cocktail tasting (so fun!), then they saved us a TON of money by shopping at Costco with us for just the right amount of booze, and then bringing it all with them to the wedding and setting up everything they needed for the open bar at reception and drinks at the ceremony site. They even printed out an adorable bar menu specialized for us! Even all of the guests kept saying how much fun with them at the wedding. I could just go on and on... Their value, service, communication, and personalities are simply THE BEST! If you are even thinking about a bartender, trust me you do need one, and Cynthia and her crew at Island Libations is the only way to go. Thank you guys for everything!!!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Mia · Married on 08/07/2016

I recently got married at Kualoa Ranch on 8/7/16. I hired Cynthia for two of my events, a catamaran sunset cruise on 8/6/16 and my wedding on 8/7/16. Out of all my wedding vendors, she was the BEST person to work with. She was very personable and genuinely helpful. From the first email inquiry sent till after my wedding, I can't express enough how responsive and passionate she's been with me via email and text. My husband and I had a cocktail tasting with her before the sunset cruise, and her drinks turned out great based on our alcohol preferences and her suggestions. She did all my alcohol shopping and also did last minute trips to Costco for me. She also provided us a few surprise drinks at the sunset cruise and did not charge us for them. She even came to our sweetheart table at our wedding and served us our signature cocktail drinks, and continued to check up on us if we needed anymore drinks. Now, that's what I call service!
    We received many compliments on our signature cocktail drinks from our guests during the sunset cruise and wedding. We were also allowed to take home the leftover alcohol bottles after our wedding.
    My entire experience working with Cynthia felt like I was working with a close family relative. She was so easy to work with. Her prices are very reasonable which saved us alot of money versus other bartending services I inquired with. I am so glad I found her and hired her. Her unbeatable pricing, top notch customer service, and excellent cocktails deserves this excellent review! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Island Libations! You will get so much more than what you pay for! Mahalo Cynthia!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Cheryl · Married on 06/10/2016

We hired Island Libations to handle our bartending services for our wedding. We were initially planning to go with another bartender for a lower rate, but I found Cynthia on Yelp and I am so grateful that we went with her instead. First, Cynthia is very responsive. We emailed, called, and texted her, and she always made sure to respond. Second, the drinks that she and her husband, Sully (who was one of our bartenders), made were delicious. In addition to serving wine and beer, they made Blue Hawaiians and Mai Tais, which everyone loved. I was concerned that our guests would not drink the specialty cocktails because they tend to be picky about their mixed drinks. But to my surprise, the specialty cocktails were the first to go, and our guests raved about them afterward. Third, Cynthia offers so much more than bartending. She provided the tables, linens, cups, straws, napkins, mixers, garnishes, drink menu, and a handful of other things. It was such a relief to not have to worry about the set up and supplies. The bar was lovely and I wished that I had spent more time at the bar rather than having my drinks brought to me. Fourth, Cynthia and Sully have a lot (and I mean, a lot) of experience in bartending. Fifth, we heard that Sully and Sally (our other bartender) were awesome on the day of the wedding. Not only were they friendly to our guests, but they also respected and adhered to the things that we wanted (e.g., no shots). Finally, Cynthia truly cares about her clients. We wanted to hire a bartender who would create a fun and memorable experience for our guests, but we were still concerned about our budget. Cynthia gave us great suggestions regarding the quantities and brands of alcohol we should buy. With her help, we managed to hit our alcohol budget and still provide a quality bar. If we ever need a bartender again, we will definitely be contacting Cynthia. Her sweet nature and exceptional service are hard to come by.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Cynthia was frickin outstanding for our wedding. She was so nice, attentive, awesomely kind and such a kindred spirit. She was amazingly aware of when people needed drinks. She was fun and had a great sense of humor, which was good because my friends are a bunch of twisted buttmunches.
    Thao and I didn't have the luxury of being able to spend any time with her before the wedding since we were from out of town. However, she went above and beyond via email and was more considerate than expected. She is definitely concerned more about making people feel comfortable and happy than trying to optimize her profit. She was extremely honest when she could've nickel and dimed us here and there. She is the epitome of the person you want to have in the service industry.
    Thank you for making our "wet" times at our wedding memorable ones, Cynthia!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Kristi · Married on 10/04/2014

KNOWLEDGABLE, PERSONALIZED, PROFESSIONAL, PERSONABLE

My husband and I are so blessed to have found Cynthia while researching vendors for our wedding day. When first inquiring about her services, Cynthia hosted us at her house where we enjoyed a complimentary tasting. We tried various wines at different price points as well as several mixed cocktails that Cynthia whipped up. My husband and I had our own secret cocktail drink that all our friends and family absolutely love, so Cynthia was more than happy to offer this as an option for our guests as well. She was very ACCOMODATING in working with our budget and LISTENED to exactly what we did and didn't want. Cynthia blew our minds away with and VALUE, QUALITY, & VARIETY of drink options within our budget.

After booking Cynthia, we met her to purchase beer, wine, and liquor together based on our headcount. A HUGE HELP was that she stored all of our alcoholic beverages and we didn't have to worry about transporting it to our venue.

Leading up to our wedding day, Cynthia was always PROMPT and EFFICIENT in responding to my emails/phone calls. I greatly appreciate this.

On the day of our wedding Cynthia executed "ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS" I envisioned to go with our rustic, romantic, barn themed wedding. She used wooden wine crates, personalized menus, and color matching napkins to coordinate well with our overall decor. I know that Cynthia and her team worked their butts off to make everything run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. They gave nothing but the best service to our guests and us as bride and groom. Her business is definitely unique, valuable, and highly recommended for your special event needs.

Cynthia is a KIND-HEARTED woman who cares about her clients and is very PERSONABLE. We felt more than just a vendor-bride & groom relationship. We now consider her to be a friend and definitely someone we would hire again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Arielle · Married on 07/20/2013

Cynthia is amazing! She is so friendly and personable. She took such good care of everyone at my wedding. She was on time and her set up was exactly what I imagined it would be. She stayed in communication with me throughout my entire planning process and took time to get back to me right away. For a self planner it made things a breeze. She made things so easy for us. If you are looking for an incredible bartender who treats you like family, Cynthia is your girl!!

Sent on 07/08/2014