Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club Reviews

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 5
Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 6
Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 7

Megan · Married on 10/25/2014

This venue has the most beautiful views and was so great being on a private beach. Every need we had was met and beyond. Alan Skipper was so wonderful! Not only was he extremely helpful, he was a dream to work with. He always kept us laughing. He is so knowledgable about his craft. I loved the little tid bits he would share about why a bride carries a bouquet or how bridesmaid came about. Everything was perfect on our dream day! I would recommend him and his team to anyone.

Sent on 12/26/2014

missy · Married on 05/04/2014

This place is amazing!!! ALan is the sweetest!!! you can not go wrong with them! excellent service and the food is to die for!!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2014

Isla del Sol was the perfect venue for us to celebrate our wedding at. Alan, Rossi, and the whole Isla del Sol Team made our day perfect. From the initial planning from the beginning to the seamless, beautiful day that we had on our wedding day. Alan worked with us to plan our special day within our budget, and he went above and beyond to give us what we wanted within a budget we could afford. Alan and Rossi were very understanding and working with plans changing, and still keeping our initial vision of our perfect day in the foremost of their mind. It was comforting that regardless of the weather, we had a plan for anything that came our way, but I still believe in the rumors that Alan can control the weather even only around Isla del Sol. The day of the wedding was amazing, and Alan and Rossi made it that much more special. They took care details that I did not have to or was unaware of, they feed us when we did not even know we needed to eat, and I am so happy to share that special day with the Isla del Sol Family. One very happy bride here!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Holly · Married on 04/12/2014

The view! The view! The view! WOW - this location is truly incredible! I'm so happy I had my wedding at Isla del Sol. My grandmother, who is a member, offered to host it at the club and I couldn't resist as soon as I saw pictures of the ballroom. Alan was amazing to work with - he's very talented and definitely one of a kind. The food was delicious. The staff was great. The members were so sweet. The course was fun to play. The beach where we had our ceremony was breathtaking as soon as the sun started to set.. I mean it was just STUNNING… everything (and this is coming from an insanely picky and overly detail-oriented bride). :-) Absolutely worth every penny. The entire night was a dream come true and I don't think it would have come together the way it did if it weren't for Alan and his phenomenal expertise/creativity. I highly recommend this venue to other couples for their big day!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Lissette · Married on 03/15/2014

My husband and I recently got married at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club and we highly recommend this venue! Living in Orlando, we wanted an "outdoor beach-type wedding/venue" and after visiting various hotels on the West Coast of Florida, Isla was the ONLY place that could provide us with exactly what we were looking for. A venue that had a beautiful ceremony site outside and a ballroom with picturesque scenery overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay. They also only cater to one wedding a day and the individual you do all the planning with, Alan Skipper, along with his assistant Rossi, guarantee that they will be there all day to ensure that the ceremony & reception go off without a hitch. And that indeed was the case!

Throughout the planning, Alan was very responsive, meeting with my fiancé and I several times to ensure that all of the details were ironed out. His assistant Rossi even gave us the idea of having our Rehearsal Dinner there and it turned out to be a huge hit! They accommodated us with different menus that reflected our heritages (Spanish at the Rehearsal Dinner for me, Italian at the Reception for my fiancé) and were accommodating when it came to listening & implementing the ideas we had for our special day.

On Saturday, March 15, 2014 - our day was just about perfect! The weather was gorgeous for both the ceremony and the sunset pictures - and the ceremony & reception areas were set up beautifully. Alan & Rossi ensured that everything was taken care of and took care of any glitches throughout the day. Our guests have not stopped raving about how lovely the venue was, how great the food was at the Cocktail Hour & Dinner and how beautiful our Wedding was! The only thing that I wish we would have done is extend the time a little longer. It just went by so incredibly fast but overall, our Wedding was fantastic & we were glad we had Alan & Rossi in our corner to ensure it was a beautiful day.

Sent on 03/25/2014

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we were looking for a venue that could provide a beautiful beachside ceremony site and an inside reception location, and as soon as I saw what Isla could provide we were sold!

Knowing Florida weather can change unexpectedly, it was great to know that they had an inside ceremony location as well. We were fortunate enough to have amazing weather, and all of the guests couldn't stop remarking how beautiful the ceremony site was. Not to mention the perfect view of the sunset during the ceremony and while we were having our pictures done afterwards. Our theme was nautical, so the atmosphere was perfect!

Alan, Rossi and the their staff were absolutely wonderful. Our guests have repeatedly told us how organized and perfect our wedding was, and that's just what a bride and groom want to hear! When we were enjoying ourselves towards the end of the reception and weren't ready for the party to end Alan was kind enough to allow us to stay an additional 30 minutes.

An extra bonus is that Alan designs and creates beautiful jewelry. He was kind enough to design a necklace that went perfectly with my dress and earrings to match. Now I have my own special pieces that I can pass down in my family.

Sent on 12/21/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/02/2013

It rained the entire night before and morning of our wedding which I thought was going to put a damper on our day but fortunately everything dried up just in time for us to walk down the aisle. Of course it began raining again just as the ceremony was ending so we missed having the majority of our photos on the beach with the sunset in the background. One of my favorite things about Isla was the oversized fountain inside so I wasn't entirely opposed to having that as our backdrop.

Alan was very accommodating and never tried to push us into additional services that we felt were unnecessary and a waste of money.

The food was absolutely amazing! I've been told by the majority of our guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I only wish we'd had more time!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Alan, Rossi and the staff at Isla provided exceptional support and services to both me and my groom. We selected Isla because of their private outdoor beach ceremony location on beautiful Boca Ciega Bay and their ability to accomodate an equally lovely indoor location if the weather didn't cooperate. Fortunately, we had beautiful weather complete with an ideal sunset, dolphins jumping and a rainbow - unbelievable for us and our guests! It was magical. The reception was equally beautiful in their expansive second floor club house overlooking the bay. Our guests are still raving weeks later about the delicious food recalling every ingredient as if they are tasting it all over again; appetizers (crabcakes were a hit) and entrees (lemon feta chicken and tenderloin were amazing). When you look at their website you will see all of these attributes but what you might not be able to gauge until you work with the folks at Isla is the personal attention they take in every detail. They love weddings, they love the details and they are fantastic at supporting the organization and execution of such a special event. Their expertise and tastes show in all of their vendor recommendations and in the photos. I really can't say enough - Isla was the perfect ceremony and reception location for us - we truly couldn't be happier!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Amber · Married on 08/23/2013

I had my wedding completely outdoors it was absolutely beautiful. Alan and team did a great job with everything from planning, decorating, meals, and recommending local vendors!! Absolutely gorgeous night!!

Sent on 09/18/2013
  • Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 05/25/2013

Alan is a wizard. We planned a destination wedding in St. Petersburg (from Chicago), and he was very responsive, professional, and flexible throughout the entire communication process. He was present throughout the reception, checking in with us periodically to make sure everything met with our expectations. He provided helpful and sensible suggestions as needed, and did everything he could to ensure that the night was a success. The food was delicious, and it was exactly the reception that I wanted. My husband and I loved the experience, and would wholeheartedly recommend Isla Del Sol YCC for any special event.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Alan, the coordinator is AWESOME. The place is beautiful and they are great people. It can be pricey, and I would recommend spending the extra money and getting an extra hour on the reception. Our reception was too short and I wish I had paid the extra and gotten more time.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Douglas · Married on 10/27/2012

Alan at Isla Del Sol is absolutely wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable, well organized and genuinely fun to work with. He will go out of his way to accomodate your every need. We appreciated Alan's candor, honesty, sense of humor and realism.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Teresa · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I were married at Isla Del Sol on October 6, 2012, and we couldn't have dreamed up a better place to have our wedding. Everything went flawlessly. The staff at Isla, specifically Alan Skipper, took care of our every need. He may just be a wedding genius! I am so happy to have shared our wedding day with all of our family and friends at such a beautiful place. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Anny · Married on 04/28/2012

We could not have picked a better place to get married! The location was private. Alan Skipper was absolutely amazing and made our day very special.

All of our guests could not stop talking about how much fun they had and the food was the best they ever had at a wedding!

The food was to die for and everything was just perfect from the wonderful private small beach to the absolutely beautiful sunsets and their breathtaking views in the baquet room with all large windows overseeing the Gulf and St. Pete.

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • I

Nikki · Married on 02/18/2012

I LOVVVVVEEEED my venue for the wedding. Alan was the man with the plan. He was WONDERFUL to work with and treated me like a princess bride! My wedding turned out more stunningly beautiful than I could have ever pictured. The reception room has a HUGE dance floor and my guests definitely took advantage of it. The food was some of the best I have ever tasted.. The macadamia nut crusted grouper was a huge hit. So glad I added it.......Did I mention the food ? .. yea.. it's THAT good.

They will convert their restaurant area into a ceremony room for those who don't want to marry outside. I will say it was hot in there, but that's what you get when you shove 120 people in one area. I should have known but I didn't want to risk any rain or bad weather, so I did it inside. If I could do it again.. I probably would have chosen to do it outside to get the fresh breezes. It was STILL beautiful and I loved it, none the less.

The view of the water through the windows is beautiful, and at night, you get a nice view of the lights across the way.

Alan was checking in with me throughout the whole wedding and he kept everything flowing and timely. He was fun and he is willing to do all kinds of fun things.

Love this venue!

Sent on 02/26/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2011

My fiancé and I knew that we wanted our venue to have GORGEOUS views of the water since we decided to get married over in St. Pete. After looking at countless hotels on the beach, we hadn’t found what we were looking for because all their ballrooms had barely any water views and some didn’t even have windows. Then, we found Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club! The Grille Room (ceremony room) and Ballroom (reception room) have ceiling to floor windows with the most gorgeous views of the Boca Ciega Bay! We met with Alan Skipper, the director of catering, and were convinced that this was the venue for us. Alan is fun and creative and made us excited to have our ceremony and reception at Isla. We worked closely together over the next year, and Alan was professional and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. He has been in this business for years and almost every single vendor(s) he recommended were phenomenal and we usually went with one of them. Our wedding was COMPLETELY AMAZING. It was so nice knowing that we were the only wedding of the day (at some of the hotels you’re 1 of 5 weddings taking place that day) and all attention and focus was on our event. The ceremony and reception room were absolutely gorgeous! The staff was all extremely professional and the food was delicious! Alan is very organized and even had a timeline to ensure the night went smoothly. We could not have asked for a more incredible wedding ceremony and reception and truly thank everyone at Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club for helping our vision become a reality. My husband and I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a private location with gorgeous views and a phenomenal staff!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Debbie · Married on 04/30/2011

I am the MOB(mother of the bride), and assisted my daughter and son-in-law with wedding plans as they reside out of town. We made our initial contact with Miranda, the event planner, but were notified that she had resigned and Alan Skipper had taken her place. He went above and beyond to meet our expectations! The wedding was relatively simple, but my daughter and her husband had some non-negotiable details that were carried out without question.
    We did not hire a wedding planner or coordinator, and Alan took care of all the details prior to, and the day of the rehearsal and the wedding with ease. He has years of experience in his field, and had MANY good ideas and suggestions. He and the staff, including Ryan and Matt, were present, but not intrusive, throughout the entire day and evening taking care of us.
    The guests RAVED about the food and the venue. We had a plated dinner that could have been served in a 5-star restaurant, and the service was flawless.
    Isla was a rare find in Pinellas County, the land of "wedding factories", where several weddings/receptions take place on the same day, or the Country Club members are present in the facility as well. We had the entire club to ourselves and it is spacious and stunningly beautiful. My daughter had her beach wedding without the loose, blowing sand and gawking beachgoers.
    The bride and groom both commented that their wedding was "perfect, we wouldn't change a thing". That pretty much says it all!

Sent on 05/21/2011

Erica · Married on 04/16/2011

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding at Isla del Sol Yacht and Country Club. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely recommend the venue to future brides.

I am very much a perfectionist. I take organization to an extreme and I am very detail oriented. I worked directly with Alan Skipper. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls. He did everything he could to accomodate my requests. Alan and the staff at Isla del Sol were very friendly. They all knew me and made sure I was taken care of. We were treated like royalty!

We had our ceremony at the gazebo. The cocktail hour was by the pool and the reception was in the ballroom. The ballroom layout was perfect. The dance floor was big and was a perfect size for my 135 guests. The Club kept the air at the perfect temperature so we weren't too hot when we were dancing.

The venue is large and the coordinators have to do a lot of running around. I recommend hiring a wedding planner for the rehearsal and the day of the event. Between my wedding planner and Alan Skipper, everything ran very smoothly. I was 100% relaxed and didn't have to worry about anything because I knew between my planner and Alan nothing would go unnoticed.

The weather was perfect. The food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Shannon · Married on 03/05/2011

I had the best wedding I could ever ask for thanks to Isla Del Sol. Alan Skipper makes the process so easy and seemless. He was also wonderful the day of the wedding as he kept everything structured and on time. The food there is absolutely amazing. Everyone that came to our wedding has been raving about the food and the wonderful time they had. I would recommend Isla Del Sol to anyone who wants the wedding of their dreams! It truly is breathtaking and amazing!!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Shirley · Married on 09/11/2010

I used Isla del Sol Y & CC for my wedding venue. Alan Skipper, Director of Special Events did all the planning with me. He help me with a list of vendors for photos, flowers and even getting the special colors of linens for the tables. He did a great job! The menu and open bar was great. The wedding was a tropical theme so Chef Fredrick and Alan co-ordinated all the services to match, which included fresh seafood, mini sliders, topical fruits etc. Our guests were so pleased with everything including the entertainment they asked when were we getting married again.

I would highly recommend this as a great place to get married and have the reception. The views of the water could not be better and the service from everyone was great!

Thanks
    Shirley Scarborough

Sent on 01/15/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/12/2009

I found the Isla Del Sol early on after becoming engaged back in 2006. There are so many beautiful places in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas to get married but there was something very special about this little peice of heaven. From the moment I saw the Gazebo on the beach to the backdrop of the yachts and the bay I was sold!! 3 years later, our Wedding day came on that beautiful Gazebo on the beach. There aren't enough words to thank Miranda for her devotion to me and my mother to make the day the absolute best! Miranda and my wedding planner, Tammy Waterman of Special Moments worked diligently together making it the most beautiful day for me and my Husband!

The reception followed upstairs of the Country Club and it was beautiful! The food was great, our guest loved everything, expecially the Chocolate Fountain..:)

Isla Del Sol & Miranda made our day personal. There are not 3 or 4 or 5 brides waiting in line to be married, you are the only one and the entire day is devoted to you in this gorgeous place with such breathtaking surroundings. Thank you so very much for all you did to make our day as beautiful as it was!!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Madison · Married on 05/19/2018

Our wedding was absolutely amazing here! Melissa and Liz did everything to make sure our big day ran smoothly and that my husband and I had no stress. If I had to plan another wedding I would recommend Isla Del Sol YCC without hesitation! :)

Sent on 07/12/2018

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Madison, thank you so much for the review. Your wedding was stunning and you and your "husband" couldn't have been any nicer and more fun to work with. Best wishes for a long and happy future!
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 06/03/2017

Isla is a gorgeous wedding Venue. My Husband and I search all over Florida for the perfect venue. When we left Isla we knew this was the place for our wedding day. We did not only pick it for its beauty, quality landscaping, private beach but most of all Melissa the coordinator! Melissa is what officially sold us on booking our big day here. She is so knowledgeable, organized, prompt to return emails and calls. She was always willing to give us advice on vendors and decor.

Everything went as planned the day of our wedding. The beach was immaculate, the staff was very kind and helpful, the food was very good and the location is very well maintained. The grounds are beautiful - beach, lush flowers and greenery, a golf course, even the inside with a water fall and grand staircase.

Everyone has worries on your big day but with Melissa by your side you have so much less to worry about as she makes sure everything runs smoothly. I am so grateful we had the pleasure to work with her. Also if you don't like the beach theme option for an outdoor wedding that’s fine since there are 2 other locations you can hold your ceremony. Also they have a back up plan for bad weather in place too which put us at ease since we got married during hurricane season.

This is one of the venues that has one of the biggest dance floors too! I also liked that they can accommodate a small and large weddings. It is worth your time to book a tour and meet with Melissa! Thank you so much Melissa for making our wedding day smooth, fun and a dream come true!!!

Tip: If you want the left overs of your wedding cake make sure to tell the venue prior to your date or have a MOH or MOB advise the team about this. We were not made aware of this and we lost out on being able to briIsla is a gorgeous wedding Venue. My Husband and I search all over Flng an entire tier of cake home with us. ( Don't let this stop you from booking since that’s the only thing that went wrong and that’s no biggie ! )

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 8
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 9
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 10

Anna · Married on 11/11/2011

I wanted an outdoor wedding, but wanted a more intimate setting than a public beach. I also didn't want to get married at a hotel; I wanted a more private setting. Isla fit the bill for both! They have a private outdoor beach and only have one ballroom so you'll be the only bride. The ballroom has floor to ceiling windows that over look the Bay. We quit looking as soon as we found this venue. Another huge selling point is that there is a HUGE dance floor; not the tiny ones that barely holds 10 people.

Alan is the coordinator and he is a character! He takes pride in his club and has an amazing staff. The food there is VERY good (no rubbery chicken!) It was actually better than most nice restaurants I've been to. We had a tight budget and Alan worked with us greatly to stay within it. He really does try to work with your budget and doesn't make you fit into a one-size-fits-all type of wedding.

If you want something more than the ordinary beach wedding at a hotel, check out Isla del Sol. It's private and a true hidden gem for a fabulous Florida wedding!

Sent on 01/10/2012
  • F

Jill · Married on 05/16/2009

Isla is a gorgeous venue and a great value for the money. The food was EXCELLENT, everyone raved about their meals. It was definitely not "country club/ reception rubber chicken." Miranda, the wedding coordinator, was so helpful and very eager in running things for you on your big day. I would highly recommend Isla for their personalized weddings and as a great alternative to the beach resorts if you want a beach wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2009