Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear Reviews

Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 5
  • Rebeca

Rebeca Giannotto · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Great Service

I showed up to Isabelle's Bridal & evening wear, because I happened to be in the area and she took me without an appointment (she had an appointment that ended early, because the woman purchased the first dress she tried). From the moment we walked in she made us feel special. All the dresses she pulled out for me where GORGEOUS. I had a hard time picking between 3 dresses. She was not pushy at all and suggested I'd go home and sleep on it. With no doubt I went back the next day to purchase the dress that had all little details I imagined my wedding dress would have. She was also really sweet with my little sister who will be the flower girl and let her try on a dress as well.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Krista Thom · Married on 08/31/2019

Way better than Kleinfeld's (and that's saying something)!

What a little gem!

I came here one day after visiting Kleinfeld's in NYC. My Kleinfeld's experience lived up to expectations, and I tried on several lovely gowns. But Kleinfeld's didn't hold a candle to Isabelle's!

Isabelle's is a tiny little shop. I wasn't expecting much when I came in just because there didn't seem to be many dressed. But Karen, the owner, pulled 5-6 for me. I cannot fault her taste. Every single dress she gave me was drop-dead gorgeous. I would have happily bought any of them, but after much deliberation, I chose a favorite.

I hadn't asked about the prices until that time, but the figure (while not dirt-cheap) was more than reasonable given the quality of the dress. It was maybe a third of the price of the dresses I loved at Kleinfeld's, and I liked it better.

Even though I loved the dress, I told Karen I wanted to sleep on it, since I don't like making any big purchases at the spur of the moment. She later told me, "Don't buy this dress today. In fact, I won't LET you buy this dress today!" She was the opposite of a pushy salesman, and I certainly appreciated her sales technique.

After we settled on the dress, she helped me pick accessories (although she also recommended I come back later to pick out accessories, after I had time to get used to the dress). Again, her taste was impeccable. I could have searched for a veil and jewelry for days without finding anything as suitable as what she picked on the first try.

If I knew anyone else in the area who was getting married, I would insist they visit Isabelle's Bridal. I really can't think of anything that would have made my experience better.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear's reply:

My head ... and my heart... are very big right now :) You were an absolute pleasure to work with and will be a gorgeous bride. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. With all best wishes, Karen
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Unique Gowns

I had a wonderful experience finding my wedding gown at Isabelle’s. After having two unsuccessful shopping trips at other bridal shops I was anxious to find my gown. Karen, the shop’s owner listened to exactly what I was looking for after learning what I did and did not like from my past shopping experiences. Immediately she knew the gown I should try and it quickly made my mom and I forget about another dress I was on the fence about. I still wasn’t sure, as I like to see all my options, and Karen was more than accommodating allowing me to try on many (at least 10!) additional dresses- many of which I would never imagined trying but she kept bringing out more because we were all having such a great time. I decided to try the first gown on again, as soon as I walked out of the fitting room me and my mom knew it was the dress and I experienced that moment of knowing I was looking for. Karen was then kind enough to let us wait for my grandparents to drive from PA to re-try on the gown-making it all the more a special experience I will always treasure. Throughout the rest of the process Karen was very helpful in ordering additional lace, my veil and assisting in the alterations!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Valentina · Married on 01/31/2019

Muy contenta

Es un sitio muy lindo y Karen fue super atenta conmigo y me ayudó a escoger un vestido hermoso con un precio unico, es un sitio 100% recomendable. 🤗🤗🤗

Sent on 01/19/2019

Noelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Isabelle's was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! I went into the shop with my Mom and Mother in Law just for fun and I left with the dress of my dreams! Karen was so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. She was even the one who picked out the dress I eventually bought! She did a wonderful job making me feel special while purchasing the dress, altering it and finding accessories. I actually purchased my veil and headpiece from the store as well! Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Rowena · Married on 04/13/2018

I am so thankful I found Isabelle's for my bridal gown!!! I was planning my wedding on a budget and wanted to buy a dress around $500.00 that was simple and elegant. I called Isabelle's and spoke to Karen, the owner. She was so warm and friendly and arranged an appointment with me right away. I brought my mother-in-law-to-be and my sister with me. The salon was a charming little place right on Division Street in Somerville. Karen was so patient and told me she only wanted to sell me a gown that I truly loved. She brought out several dresses that fit what I described. When I tried them on and told her I wasn't sure or that "this is my 2nd favorite so far", she told me no, then these dresses are out because she wanted to find me "the one" that I was absolutely sure about. She said there was one that was a little above my budget but that she thought would look wonderful on me. I agreed to try it on. I'm so glad I did, because my mother-in-law-to-be, my sister and I all knew right away that we found "the dress"!!! After I decided on the dress, the next several months leading up to the wedding went very smoothly with the fitting sessions with Maria, the seamstress, who was wonderful and definitely knew what she was doing. I knew I was in good hands with her. Both Karen and Maria were so personable and made what could have been a stressful experience into something I looked forward to. They put me at ease and it really shows how much they both love what they are doing. So I definitely recommend Isabelle's for their personal attention, professionalism and expertise. They make a fantastic team!

Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 6
    Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 7
    Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 8
    Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 9
    Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear 10
    Sent on 04/29/2018

Caitlin · Married on 01/07/2018

Absolutely wonderful owner and so caring and helpful!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Jeanne · Married on 08/18/2017

Isabelle's is a small, cozy shop where you're treated like family. I visited a few shops for a Mother-of-the-Groom dress, but Isabelle's is the one I kept returning to. Karen, the owner, helped me find what ended up being the perfect dress. When i didn't like the neckline, she had me meet with her seamstress (Maria, who does beautiful work), and Maria customized the off-the-rack dress, with a beautiful end result. When I wanted a necklace to match some beautiful earrings that i purchased at Isabelle's, Karen made a few phone calls to get the vendor to make me one in my price range. Where else can you get attention like that?

Sent on 09/15/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/17/2017

I'm so glad my friend referred me to Isabelle's! Karen is so easy to work with and really put me at ease finding the perfect dress. I recommend everyone visit her shop!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Becky · Married on 06/10/2017

I had an amazing experience with Karen in her adorable dress shop! She has a curated selection and a good variety of beautiful dresses, there is something for everyone in her store! Initially, I was dreading the process of finding a dress; I was sure that nothing would look good on me. Hers was the first place I went to look, and ended up being the last! I was very nervous and entered her shop with trepidation, but I felt at home immediately. She was such a warm guide through the process, helped me figure out what I liked best and made me comfortable - and I even had a lot of fun and laughed a lot! She took her time with me, and even called me when she got a new dress she thought I might like to see. She wouldn't let me settle on anything - I had a hard time at first because there were so many beautiful dressed. She didn't stop helping me until I found "the one!" And in the end, I couldn't have been happier with my dress. The alterations by her seamstress Marie were perfect, as well, and an easy, one-stop process. My times in her shop were some of my favorite times in the wedding planning process. You won't be disappointed in her honest, kind and thoughtful guidance. It felt amazing to have her on my side leading up to my special day! :)

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • Alessandra

Alessandra · Married on 03/11/2017

From start to finish Karen was 100% in ensuring that I would look beautiful for my special day. She picked each piece (dress, headpiece, and veil) out. She's the best! Her shop is gorgeous. The atmosphere is so comforting too. She makes it all about the bride and a true 1 on 1 appointment. (Unlike every other dress shop)

Sent on 03/19/2017

Kerri · Married on 01/21/2017

We visited Isabelle's to find a dress for my future sister-in-law this past weekend and Karen was incredible! We fell in love with her right away. Her shop is SO different than you run of the mill bridal store...she makes you feel so at ease and does not add to the already high pressure that comes along with selecting a bridal gown. Her enthusiasm and genuine desire to make the bride feel as beautiful and special as possible on her big day were amazing, and it was more than you could ask for as a customer. Working with her melted away any existing stress or tension. She has someone who specially makes sashes, belts etc at incredibly reasonable prices, and she went over tons of little details she will be adding to the gown to make everything extra special. Pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable and you won't pay outrageous ticket prices for dresses or accessories like you would elsewhere. She hand selects her gowns, and she also receives a lot of discontinued designs (all of which were gorgeous) that are heavily discounted. My sister-in-law found THE dress and it was a fabulous experience! We will be back soon to find a mother-of-the-groom gown for my mom.

Sent on 09/08/2014

sandie · Married on 01/08/2017

The owner Karen is a lovely women who does a wonderful job helping to find your dream dress! I found a perfect dress for my renewal and my niece"n"law also brought her dress here and loved it!

Sent on 12/31/2016

I had the most perfect wedding dress experience here with my big, loud, loving family and the owner of the salon, Karen. Karen was the sweetest, and she was ever patient with me and my crowd! To top it off she came in on her day off and gave us a great deal. The dresses were beautifully selected couture designer gowns and she had a perfect variety of discontinued samples and current styles made to order. I lucked out because every dress I liked was about 50% off retail and well under my budget of $1000. I ended up with a haute couture Maggie Sottero dress for $825. My mom found her dress too, and she gave her an even better deal for buying both! I also got my veil heavily discounted in the deal too.

While we were trying on their new, highly talented seamstress walked in with 7 years experience at RK Bridal in NYC and fitted me right there. My alterations included hem, bustle, and spaghetti straps for $250. My mom's were only $75.

Bottom line, go everywhere else first if you want to feel like you looked a lot before you find the one here. Or cut out the expensive, snooty shops and come here first and last, leave with a smile and money to spare!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Pamela · Married on 09/03/2016

I had a wonderful experience working with Karen to find my dress! She made the day of trying on dresses quite fun and relaxing, giving me time to see myself in each dress privately before showing the group. And I got a beautiful dress for a great price!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Jeremy · Married on 08/28/2016

I am SO glad I found Isabelle's for my wedding dress! The owner, Karen, is simply wonderful. I was looking for a place that wasn't snobby and that wouldn't make me feel bad about my wedding dress budget ($1000 or less). Isabelle's carries dresses at a wide range of price points including a whole rack of sample sale dresses at reduced prices, so no matter what your budget is you will be able to find something beautiful here. Isabelle's is a small store so when you make an appointment you essentially have the whole store to yourself, and Karen really takes her time so you don't feel like you're being rushed in or out. Best of all, Karen has expert taste! When I first came, I described what I was looking for (loosely) and Karen immediately pulled out a dress that was just right. It was the first dress I ever tried on, and I ended up getting it!

Karen is also really accommodating. Since I don't live in the area, she brought my dress over to a tailor in Metuchen who did my alterations, and also dropped off a couple of different veils for me to try at the tailor's based on what I was looking for. Again, she was spot on with the veils.

I've already sent one friend to Isabelle's who, like me, found her perfect dress right away with Karen's help. If you are looking to take the stress out of wedding dress shopping, this is the place to go.

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • COLLEEN

COLLEEN · Married on 07/16/2016

The shop is very quiet and lovely place. Karen (the owner) was there to assist me with whatever I needed. She made me feel like the most important bride in the world. I had visited other bridal stores, but the dresses they had were dresses I've seen everywhere. I wanted a gown that would be all mine. She knew what I wanted just by a description and what I thought I wouldn't like from what she pulled for me, I loved and it became my wedding dress. She has a gift for find THAT PERFECT DRESS. She made my dress experience so amazing.
    My gown was a designer that is only available in three locations locally…which worked perfectly. I was able to accessorize the dress with a super awesome sash made by Kristina from Plumes in Bloom. Kristina is an amazing and gifted designer and a good friend from high school. It was a privilege to wear the gorgeous sash.

Sent on 07/25/2016

I looked at reviews before heading over to Isabelle's, and noticed all of Karen's great reviews, so I had to go. Before visiting, I went to numerous dress shops that were just looking for a sale on an expensive dress that was not a "WOW". When I first went into Isabelle's, I noticed she did not have as many dresses as the other shops and thought it was going to be a fast appointment. After trying on a few dresses that I've never seen before at other stores, I realized that she had impeccable taste and style. They were all amazing dresses, high quality materials and had that"WOW" factor. She has a lot of accessories and veils to go with the dresses and they are absolutely beautiful and breathtaking! I fell in love with one dress, then visited her shop a second time to show my aunt, and then thought I would purchase it the third time. At that visit, she had new arrivals from bridal market in NYC, and I tried on a dress she just got in, I had the "moment" where I knew it was my dress. I also said yes to the veil and a beautiful headband too. Karen made me feel special every time I went in, and she is such a sweetheart. It is a very different and better experience than any other dress shop that I visited. I can't wait until my dress comes in!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Rebbie · Married on 07/02/2016

Karen at Isabelle's is simply wonderful. She was professional and absolutely made my dress search a joyous experience. I went from not enjoying wedding dresses to loving it because of Karen at Isabelle's. Not only was she helpful, she listened to me and she worked with me to find my dream dress! If anyone is looking for a wedding dress I always will from now on recommend Isabelle's because of the high quality, beautiful dresses and the customer care. I went into the store as a stranger left feeling like a friend and a BRIDE! I couldn't be more happy with my dress it's stunning and such immaculate beading work. Karen has the perfect dress selections, you won't be disappointed. I cannot wait to wear my dress on my wedding day. I never want to take it off! I couldn't be happier, thank you Isabelle's for helping me!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Rose · Married on 04/22/2016

When it comes to finding the perfect wedding dress--Karen, of Isabelle's Bridal & Eveningwear, is like a magical fairy godmother.
    I was very nervous about the process of wedding dress shopping--How long will it take to find something I like? What type I dress do I want? What will even look good one me?? Am I going to need to spend an enormous sum of money to find a dress I love???
    I walked into Isabelle's on a Saturday afternoon, I tried on 5 gorgeous, unique and affordable dresses and I found the gown of my dreams--in one day of shopping! It was my first time trying on dresses!
    I would recommend going with Isabelle's for a number of reasons.
    1. Karen (like I said before) is like the fairy godmother you always wish you had. She is a truly wonderful soul! We loved spending time with her while trying on gowns. She made me feel special and helped me and my family create a great memory!
    2. Karen is a complete professional. She knows everything there is to know about the bridal gown industry and answered every single question I had about buying a wedding gown. Because she has so many years of experience, Karen can intuitively pick out dresses that fit your body type and personality perfectly. I felt like I loved a lot of the dresses I tried on.
    3. Karen stocks an amazing array of unique gowns, veils and bridal jewelry. They are all of excellent quality and are extremely affordable compared to most other boutiques.
    Would highly recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Rosanne · Married on 11/20/2015

I visited Karen at Isabelle's Bridal today with my friend & her daughter Mandy. Mandy will be attending Ring Figure at the Virginia Military Institute next month and needed a white gown. Karen went above and beyond to help Mandy find the perfect dress. Karen knows her dresses and not only had a gorgeous gown that fit Mandy perfectly, but it was within the budget and she had an adorable jacket to match! Thank you again Karen for your help and for having the perfect dress for Mandy. No worries if you have a time crunch - Karen will find you exactly what you need in time for your event!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/30/2015

I stopped at Isabelle's by chance, and after my experience there, I am so glad I did! Karen at Isabelle's is absolutely AMAZING. She is a sweet, caring shop owner who made me feel like family the minute I walked in the door. I was shopping for a dress for my 2nd wedding; something simple but special. After trying on several dresses and getting an idea about me and what I was looking for, she found me the PERFECT dress!

She was also wonderful with my daughter. I purchased a dress for her the same day as mine, and when we came back in for the fitting, it no longer fit her. Karen felt so badly that the dress didn't work, that she went out of her way to find a new dress for my daughter. The dress turned out to match mine, which made my daughter so excited.

My experience with Karen and Isabelle's couldn't have been more positive. Caring service, beautiful gowns and wonderful prices. Karen is simply the best, and I would recommend anyone looking for a wedding, 1st communion, bridesmaid, flower girl or special occasion dress to visit Isabelle's.

Sent on 08/28/2015

liza · Married on 10/03/2015

I cannot rave enough about Karen and her boutique. Karen is an amazing person and a delight to be around. She made me and my bridesmaids feel so comfortable and we had so much fun with her. I bought my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from Karen and will be going back for Maid of Honor and the Mother of the Bride dress. Karen has excellent ideas and opinions that really helped me when deciding on colors of the bridesmaid dresses. As if all of this isn't enough of a reason to go Isabelle's Bridal, the prices are unbeatable. For the quality and beauty of her gowns I thought it would be a lot more expensive. Isabelle's Bridal should be first on your list. Karen thank you so much for making my day wonderful.

Liza Marigliano

Sent on 03/21/2015

Mary · Married on 10/03/2015

I purchased my dress for my sisters wedding from this shop and i would recommend this shop to everyone that wants high quality gowns as well as excellent service. this is the place to go for bridal gowns and evening wear. Karen is so sweet and her dresses are absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you for all the help.
    Mary Acerbi

Sent on 07/29/2015

I can't recommend Isabelle's enough!! Not only is Karen Frost the kindest, sweetest and most generous, genuine person, but she also has fantastic taste. Her shop is filled with the most unique, vintage-y, beautiful wedding dresses and she really knows how to pick something that will look perfect on you. I thought I knew what I wanted and Karen entertained me...letting me try on a ridiculous number of dresses and while all were beautiful, none of them did anything for me. I'm so glad I put myself in her hands. I asked her to pick something that she thought I'd look good in and found "the one" in no time. The dresses I picked out cost significantly more than the one she picked for me. She truly wanted to make me happy and it wasn't about how much money she was making. She was even so generous as to offer to lend me her necklace (that wasn't for sale) and shoes for my big day.

I ended up buying my bridesmaid dresses from Karen (which were also unique and I got SO many compliments on them) and my mom bought her mother-of-the-bride dress from her as well, which was just gorgeous. She made my mom, sister and I feel so special and beautiful and we enjoyed every moment spent with her. I'm sure I was a total pain to deal with but she never made me feel that way. I kept second-guessing my decision and stressing over everything. Karen would call and check in on me to see how I was doing and she even came to the seamstress with us because we wanted her opinion.

I can't thank you enough, Karen. I wish I could get married all over again so I could enjoy the wonderful experience of trying on dresses at your shop. Thank you for making me feel on top of the world and for the most beautiful, unique wedding dress a girl could ask for xoxo

Sent on 01/17/2016