Isabelle Selby Photography Reviews

Isabelle Selby Photography 3
Isabelle Selby Photography 4
Isabelle Selby Photography 5

Jocelyn · Married on 10/04/2014

From the very beginning, Isabelle was the perfect professional in every way. She is very prompt with email communication and setting up meetings as needed. By filling out multiple thorough questionnaires, she is totally prepared for your day and all the shots necessary to make everything perfect.

Her photographs are STUNNING. She manages to capture each moment without being obtrusive or conspicuous. She is SO creative and I love the way she thought about arranging details to shoot in the best light. She also scouted out our neighborhood and was able to take shots at different graffiti walls that we would have never known about otherwise. She is very personable and a great member of your wedding "team".

She also sent us a preview less than 12 hours after our wedding (crazy!). We ended up getting our full package of pictures via email and zip drive about 2 months later and were blown away! She's just an all around sweet person as well and I highly highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

After going through Isabelle's portfolio online during the beginning stages of our wedding planning, we immediately fell in love with all of her photos—so much so that we moved our initial wedding date so that we could have her capture our big day! It was the best decision we made. Isabelle, simply put, is an absolute joy.

For two people who have never been particularly comfortable in front of the camera, Isabelle was able to put us at ease from the get-go during our engagement shoot and our wedding day. Her beautiful photos speak for themselves, but beyond that, her kindness, sense of humor and genuine personality made the entire experience that much more memorable. She's incredibly talented and the consummate professional—communicative, responsive and organized—while also being an all-around awesome person who felt like an old friend at every interaction.

Isabelle did an amazing job capturing all of the special moments and details of our big day and we could not be happier. She's the best!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2014

Choosing Isabelle as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made! She was extremely professional, friendly, kept us calm all day, and really helped make the whole day run smoothly. We also loved how quick she was to respond to all emails and questions that we had leading up to the wedding. Most importantly, the quality of her photos and the special moments she and her team were able to capture make her better than any other photographer I've seen. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. You will NOT be disappointed with Isabelle Selby Photography, trust me. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/31/2014

We are SO glad that we chose Isabelle as our wedding photographer. She did our engagement photos, so we got to know her a little before the wedding. She was super responsive and promptly answered all of my silly little questions leading up to the big day, which is such a help in the planning stages. She arrived early on the wedding day, and she was organized but also very laid-back and calm, which was so nice to be around in the midst of wedding day stress. When we got the photos from the wedding we were absolutely blown away. She's so talented, and she did a great job on both portraits and candids, which was really important to me. She did a fabulous job capturing our day, and she was a joy to work with.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Chandra · Married on 08/23/2014

Isabelle did my best friends wedding and the quality of the photos spoke for themselves. When I got engaged me and my then fiancé went over our must haves, Isabelle was on my list. We are very happy we went with our pictures.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Megan · Married on 08/10/2014

Isabelle is a wonderful photographer. She has a beautiful photographic style, which is well-suited to weddings and captured our day perfectly. She was willing to meet with us multiple times before the wedding date, and worked hard to capture exactly what we requested. I was amazed at how many details she captured throughout the day. She creates beautiful portraits, and is also very skilled at capturing the big moments and candids throughout the day.

I spoke with multiple photographers before choosing Isabelle. We chose her for her beautiful style and her experience with weddings. You spend a lot of time with your wedding photographer on your wedding day, and her fun, relaxed, and confident nature helped the day go smoothly.

I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Leah · Married on 08/02/2014

Isabelle was absolutely brilliant- completely got what we were going for with our rustic country wedding vibe. The pictures were stunning, creative, evocative- everything we could have wanted and so much more. Isabelle was SO calm, easy-going, flexible and I really enjoyed having her around while we were getting ready for our wedding, which was a surprise to me as I don't love getting my picture taken. But she does her work with exceptional grace and poise and her presence only added to our day- that is kind of photographer I LOVE! I would recommend her 100%- incredible service, amazing talent, unbelievable photos!

Sent on 12/28/2014

We are so glad we chose Isabelle to be our wedding photographer ... she was attentive to us before, during and after our wedding. Leading up the event, she was easy to get in touch with and attentive to our requests and concerns. On the actual day, she was everywhere and nowhere at once--how she managed to take so many photos and yet not block everyone else's view was more than impressive. Of course, the photos she took made everyone look gorgeous and really captured the spirit of the day. Isabelle was easy to talk to and very professional throughout the entire process, we really enjoyed working with her and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Maureen · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I are so grateful that we found Isabelle to capture our special day. The whole experience was wonderful and stress free! We first met Isabelle about a year before the wedding at our engagement shoot - from that moment we were hooked! She was prompt, professional and above all just a genuinely great person. It really felt like we were working with a friend rather than a vendor which put us at ease. Her photographs speak for themselves, she has this wonderful talent of capturing the small beautiful moments that are too often overlooked.

So many guests commented on how sweet and unobtrusive Isabelle was as she worked her magic. We received a set of proofs a day later and were blown away by the turnaround time and beauty of her photos! Our full gallery arrived a few weeks later, needless to say we are thrilled with the results. I highly recommend choosing Isabelle to capture your day, it was truly one of the best decisions we made!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Nora · Married on 06/01/2014

We are so happy that we could work with Isabelle on our wedding day. She is a true gem - a genuinely kind, down-to-earth person and also an immensely talented photographer.

From our very first meeting, we knew we would have fun working with Isabelle. We really enjoyed our engagement shoot and, on the wedding day, she was so attentive to us and our families and managed to capture all the key moments through the day, without being obtrusive in the slightest. And-- her photos are incredibly beautiful. I recently was flipping through our album and loved reliving our day through her skillful lens - the way she captures light, people, and a scene is so natural and effortlessly stunning. We are so glad we worked with Isabelle and would do so again in a second - we cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Alice · Married on 05/25/2014

Isabelle was the first vendor I chose - I had come across her photos even before I was engaged and was so taken by her work that I knew I had to have her! Unlike, so many other parts of the wedding, the photography was seamless and stress free. From the first time we worked with her on our engagement photos a year before the wedding through our wedding day, she was fantastic - a a sweet, joyful, and calming presence.

Isabelle has a unique and romantic eye and we were so very happy with our wedding photos. going through them with our family was an incredible experience, getting to relive so many moments and getting a glimpse of so many others that we didn't get to witness on our wedding day.

I could not be happier with the experience of working with Isabelle and the photos she and Will took and would love to work with her again someday!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Catherine · Married on 03/22/2014

Isabelle is an amazing wedding photographer and wonderful vendor to work with in the planning process. Her images are beautiful and creative. She captured the special moments of the day, gave us some lovely family portraits, and overall her images have life and vivacity which will help us remember the beautiful setting and details of the whole day. She was really flexible and accommodating as well as being a creative and positive spirit.

I am so thrilled with her work and the images she shared with us of our wedding. Couldn't say more positive things!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Kiersten · Married on 10/19/2013

We are so thankful that we found Isabelle. She captured the memories of our special day and engagement shoot better than we could have ever hoped for or imagined. From the very first meeting, we realized that Isabelle is a special person who truly loves what she does and we jumped at the chance to work with her. Isabelle listened to our vision for our engagement shoot and thoughtfully helped us bring our vision to life with the kind of care that only a dear friend would take (and we had just met!). It was a cold, gray and rainy winter day and our photos awesome! We were thrilled to find that our experience on our wedding day was even better. From getting ready to the first look and our portraits, to our ceremony and celebration, thanks to Isabelle we have beautifully captured memories to last a lifetime. To top it all off, Isabelle is an absolute gem to work with and we loved and appreciated her presence. Isabelle is a perfect combination of professionalism and wonderful personality and we cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 02/14/2014

JJ · Married on 09/22/2013

Isabelle is a lovely person, and an incredibly talented photographer. I had such good vibes after our initial consultation that my husband and I booked her without meeting any other photographers – we couldn't be happier with that decision. She's extremely professional, organized and responsive (she answers questions via email very quickly), and her low-key and relaxed demeanor made us feel totally comfortable during the entire day, which is high praise from two typically camera-shy people. Isabelle's also a ninja at blending in during the ceremony and reception – our candid shots were fantastic.

Our wedding photographs are not only gorgeous, but brought us to tears (happy ones!) when we first looked through them, and I imagine they will years from now. Isabelle's photography made our memories tangible, and captured the absolute joy both we, and our family and friends, felt that day.

We're so grateful to Isabelle, and really hope we'll have a chance to work with her again. I wholeheartedly recommend her!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2013

I really don't know where to begin when singing Isabelle's praises, she is just so fantastic!
    If Isabelle is free to shoot your wedding day then book her immediately!
    On our wedding day Isabelle arrived early and was so calm, collected and organised. She blended in seamlessly, capturing shots so naturally that I didn't even realise she was doing so. Everyone commented on just how lovely and helpful Isabelle was, she's friendly, warm and seriously good at making you feel relaxed.
    I must also say how great Isabelle was in the lead-up to our wedding. Being based in the UK our wedding was an elopement meaning everything was booked via email. This caused many problems but not with Isabelle, she was the one vendor who continually replied really quickly, answering all our queries and just being generally wonderful in helping us plan our day.
    But the best thing of all about Isabelle being our photographer is her stunning photographs! The feedback we have received about our wedding photos is overwhelming, everyone loves them and we couldn't be happier! They're stylish and artistic but beautiful and heart warming all at the same time! Isabelle really listened to what we wanted and the locations she took us to for our portraits and group shots were absolutely perfect. There's so many I want to frame I don't know where to begin. I've looked through them so many times, I now consider our wedding photos as one of my most treasured possessions. I feel genuinely honoured to be able to call them my own and show them off to our family and friends knowing just how fantastic they are.
    As I said I honestly cannot sing Isabelle's praises enough! She's a really lovely person who delivered us with stunning photos we will cherish forever - what more could you want!
    All that's left to say is the biggest thank you to Isabelle! I'm not sure any words will express our full gratitude but I hope this review goes some way to explaining how grateful we are. THANK YOU :) x

Sent on 02/15/2014

Todd · Married on 09/18/2013

We were so comfortable with Isabelle. It was like having a family member making sure we were completely at ease for one of the most exciting and stressful days of our lives.

Sent on 02/17/2014

Mari · Married on 09/15/2013

Hiring Isabelle as my photographer was the best decision I ever made! I came across her blog when I was doing research and really liked the way she captured her clients. Just very natural and not the awkward posing I see in most photography. As soon as I reached out she offered wedding packages that I could choose from. I wasn't planning on taking engagement pictures but since the packages came with it I said why not? Everything from the meetings, timeline, setup on the day (photobooth!) went very smoothly and shows her professionalism in her work. In the end we look back to these beautiful pictures and really happy we worked with Isabelle!!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

We did ALOT of research on photographers. Despite reading great online reviews and getting solid recommendations from vendors/friends/family, we never really got too excited about any particular photographer. Enter Isabelle Selby.

I stumbled upon Isabelle's work on Style Me Pretty. I was immediately drawn to her photos and the people in them. She doesn't use overly "artistic" crazy effects that ultimately make the people in the photo unrecognizable. She has a natural approach and is able to catch details & emotion in a lighthearted kind of way. She doesn't take herself too seriously and neither do we...and that's what we wanted to come through in our pics.

I contacted her to get info and within minutes she answered all my questions. Her responsiveness throughout the entire planning process was always SO fast. She is insanely organized and such a professional! As soon as we met Isabelle in person, we were sold. She's sweet, humble, goofy and you feel like you've known her forever. We knew we would feel comfortable with her and that was VERY important. If your photographer makes you feel awkward or intimidated, it WILL show in your pics. We also did an engagement shoot with her which I highly recommend. She has such a great eye and always finds the best locations to shoot. Her assistant, Danielle, is also FANTASTIC. She actually surprised us by putting together a short video that she filmed on our wedding day. It was so good, we could have hired her as our videographer!

To top it all off, her rates are very reasonable compared with other photographers who quoted us 2 or 3 times as much! She is worth every penny AND much more!

I can't say enough about how great her pictures are and how great she is as a person. I would recommend her to anyone - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Meg · Married on 08/03/2013

Isabelle is an absolutely amazing photographer!! We were beyond thrilled to have her be a part of our special day and felt the memories she was able to capture exceeded our expectations in every way. Both my husband and I felt so comfortable infront of her and her camera. It's so fun to look at the photos and relive all the special moments and memories again and again. We highly recommend Isabelle! She was simply the best :)

Sent on 01/22/2014

Dave · Married on 07/06/2013

Isabelle was/is/will be amazing. She captured our wedding so perfectly and beautifully. We got like 1,000 likes on Facebook. NO JOKE!

But life is about more than 1,000 of Facebook likes (but seriously! hundreds and hundreds of likes!), and our memories and recollections of our wedding day—the true Greatest Day of Our Lives—are inextricably connected with Isabelle's amazing photos.

Isabelle photographed us twice—once for a collection of engagement photos in Fall of 2012 then again at our wedding the following July. Each time she INSTANTLY put us at ease. We're both super camera shy and were concerned that, in any photos, no matter how skilled the photographer, we'd come off making the Chandler Bing-face from Friends. That did not happen.

Isabelle was a dream to work with from start to finish. Relaxed, creative, not overly posed. The shots are so stunning and beautiful (1,000s. OF. LIKES!), and perfectly capture all of the millions of emotions we felt on that day.

We cannot say enough good things about Isabelle. We hope whoever is reading his is lucky enough to get to work with her.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Isabelle photographed a friend's wedding, so we knew (even before we saw our awesome wedding pictures) that she takes amazing photos that really capture the feel of an event. What we learned on our wedding day was that she's also a lovely person to have around, in the midst of the stress and anxiety that sometimes accompany weddings. She understood exactly what we wanted, captured all the big moments of the night, and blended seamlessly into the party. And she made sure that the post-ceremony/pre-reception photos were quick and easy, so that we could get to the cocktail hour and see our guests. She was also in regular contact with us before the wedding to double check all the logistical details and make sure she had a list of all the photos we wanted. She was wonderful. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Lauren · Married on 04/19/2013

Working with Isabelle was a real treat; she has an experienced eye for creating the most gorgeous compositions, and not only is she professional and organized about her work, she is such a pleasure to be with.
    Isabelle is incredibly thorough; she photographed every single moment I could have possibly wanted and more—some things I wouldn't even have thought of, but was so happy to see she had captured. Every time I look at the photos I start to tear up; this is a testament to what Isabelle's great work. She is an absolutely delightful person, and she puts her whole heart into this work—Thank you, Isabelle!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Bridget · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I LOVE our wedding photos! Isabelle was wonderful to work with. She is so calm, which is priceless when you are a little nervous on your wedding day. Isabelle was very prompt in answering all of our questions. She arrived early to begin setting up. She had scouted locations in Williamsburg to make our walk from our first look at the pier to King & Grove as productive as possible. She gave direction, but was flexible if we had an idea. I was also really impressed by the dancing photos that she captured. I know that can be really hard and she did a great job! The photos are just priceless. We love them! Thank you Isabelle!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kate · Married on 03/23/2013

I don't even know where to begin, but Isabelle is one talented individual! The second I saw her work on various blogs I knew I wanted her at my wedding. She was everything you would hope and dream your photographer would be. In every aspect, Isabelle went ABOVE and beyond, not because she had to, but this just who she is as a person and a professional. Isabelle was always quick to respond to emails, had the most creative unique ideas for our engagement shoot, ALWAYS came prepared, and had her research done ahead of time in terms of locations and itineraries for both days. Her organization, confidence, and patient spirit gave us such peace of mind throughout the whole process. During the past year, Isabelle has really felt like a part of our family. I am forever grateful for meeting her and having the opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Isabelle was not only a pleasure to work with, the photos she captured are beautiful! Our families can't stop talking about the photos when they talk about our wedding. Unplanned, we got married on a snowy day in Brooklyn. Isabelle rolled with the punches and was so flexible and accommodating. She made us feel comfortable and was a great addition to our wedding!

Sent on 06/08/2013