Irregardless Cafe & Catering Reviews

Rating 4.6 out of 5, 26 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
    Amelia H. Married on 12/29/2018

Yummy food and easy to work with!

Irregardess was really easy to work with. I was planning my wedding from out of state and I really appreciated their flexibility and responsiveness via phone and email. Sandra was lovely to work with. She has so much experience in catering and events and has some really great ideas to keep the event running smoothly. My mom also has food allergies- which they were super willing to around and helped alter the menu to work for our needs. The tasting was a lot of fun and Sandra and her team were super helpful with picking out the linens (we used C&E). The day of, the staff was cheerful and super helpful. Everything ran smoothly from my eyes (I know I was distracted the day of so maybe I don't know everything but nothing was majorly wrong)
    Hannah Married on 04/01/2017
    Irregardless was wonderful throughout our planning process and on the wedding day. Sandra was always responsive and went above and beyond for our wedding. As I was out of state, Sandra worked with my mom on perfecting the details of linens (worked through Sandra with CE Rentals), food displays, and food details. All our guests raved about the food. We had a brunch wedding with chicken/waffle bites and shrimp and grits as the main highlights along with a mimosa/bloody mary bar. Would definitely recommend them to other couples looking for their caterers.
    Kiran Married on 12/17/2016
    World class service!!! I hired Irregardless for catering and coordinating my daughter's wedding reception. They went above and beyond on everything. Their food is great, service is great, staff is great. We have about 250 guests, everybody felt like home. Each one of staff members are so courteous, helpful and welcoming. Sandra DeMaria is the lead from Irregardless who met us few times, guides us all along and did a fabulous job. She is just a super star. Wedding reception was majestic and went so well because of Irregardless. Thank you.
    Cindy Married on 09/18/2016
    RE: Our wedding experience with Irregardless and The Glenwood Club: During the course of our time working with Irregardless, the chef we had started working with went to a different restaurant and, then, with only two weeks to go, our event coordinator also left. We had a point in time where we really felt like we were running into trouble. Then, we went to the restaurant and met with Arthur and Sandra, who reviewed everything planned for our menu, even drilling down to the very ingredients for our appetizers and entrees. This was important to us because our planned menu was not a part of the restaurant's regular offerings. In addition, they assured us that Alyssa and her wait staff at The Glenwood Club would be able to handle everything, from the cocktail hour through dinner. I cannot tell you how impressed we were...blown away, really. Before having the guests move from cocktail hour into the dining room, our planner brought us around for a first look at the dining room. We stood there, with Alyssa, in amazement. Between our planner, our DJ and the Irregardless Staff, they had managed to take a concept from a year earlier and make it materialize...right down to every last detail. What had been only in our minds when we started was spread out before us! On top of all that, the food was phenomenal and the wait staff were, each and every one, a joy to work with. We could not be more pleased and would highly recommend Irregardless and The Glenwood Club for your event needs. I hope to have the opportunity to call on them again soon!
    Jessica Married on 03/13/2016
    Irregardless was the best catering company my husband and I could've asked for on our wedding day. Our coordinator, Shanah, was incredibly nice and helpful. We met her and their chef for our tasting, and they were both extremely knowledgable about their food and ingredients, and offered great suggestions for picking our menu (Heavy Hors d'oeuvres Buffett Style). They have such a wide variety of options and create great custom packages to easily work with your budget. Shanah was working with me every step of the way to finalizing the menu, to picking out my dinnerware, and getting coordinated with all of my other vendors. She went above and beyond what I was expecting a caterer to do, and made the day effortless.
  • User2365236 2+ years ago
    Lara was great throughout the entire planning process! My husband and I are vegetarians and wanted an all vegetarian meal selection for our wedding and we knew Irregardless Cafe was the best choice. They worked with us to create the perfect selections of non-meat dinner choices for our guests. All our meat eating family and friends raved about the food which made us so happy.
    Juliann Married on 09/26/2015
    Irregardless catering did a wonderful job for our wedding!! Lara was so wonderful to work with during our planning process. My husband, parents, and I were able to go and taste test the food prior to deciding on our selection. Everything was so delicious it was hard to decide on which food to serve. We ended up having 4 appetizers and a seated dinner. The staff did a wonderful job passing around the food during cocktail hour and serving during our dinner hour. They also provided our bartenders who did a wonderful job serving our signature drinks and all our alcoholic beverages. We are so thankful we decided on Irregardless for our wedding day. All the food was wonderful! Thank you for doing such a great job!!
    Anelie Married on 05/23/2015
    There are a lot of catering companies out there - save yourself the trouble of countless bland, mediocre taste testings and book with Irregardless! There were several things that we valued as most important for our wedding - good food, good drinks, and people having fun - and Irregardless definitely contributed to all 3. The food was amazing (we had buffet style heavy Hors d'oeuvres) - it was all delicious and beautifully arranged. Irregardless was very flexible with our needs - making special arrangements for our guests with unique dietary needs. All the staff - from our coordinator, Lara, to the serving staff and bartenders were professional, friendly, and above all helpful. It was a great experience working with Irregardless and I highly recommend them for anyone looking for catering for their wedding (particularly if food is a top priority for you!).
    Rick Married on 03/21/2015
    Irregardelss catered our luncheon which was a big success. There was ample food which was well prepared and all of our guests were very pleased. We have used them to cater 4 other family occasions and have always been extremely happy with the food and service.
    Alice Married on 11/08/2014
    Oh my good lord, I cannot say enough great things about Irregardless. From the planning process to day of, they were incredible.
    We enjoyed a great tasting at the restaurant and chose our menu based on that. Irregardless works with CE rentals, so we met with CE and our Irregardless rep (Beth at the time, Lara now) and chose linens, dishes etc based on our budget. CE is great and had plenty of offerings in our range.
    We even had a beer tasting closer to the event to choose our local beer to serve at the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Irregardless brings a "bag lunch" to the bridal party wherever they are getting ready (!!!!), which was so helpful!
    Finally, the event staff was so professional and the meal was delicious.
    Lara was a dream to work with... thank you so much!
    Sasha Married on 10/26/2013
    Use Irregardless Cafe for your wedding!

Not only Beth (the catering coordinator) is very helpful and attentive to our needs, the food was amazing, we can bring our. own. booze. and desserts without additional charge(!), and they don't mark up their service just because this is "a wedding" (most caterers don't allow these last two).

As mentioned above, the food was amazing and the servers are very friendly, attentive, and professional. If I have to repeat my wedding, I will again choose Irregardless Cafe!
  • User954773 2+ years ago
    The food was delicious, the staff was super friendly, the catering coordinator was super helpful, and we just had the best time working with them to create our menu and plan our event.
    Maggie Married on 10/15/2011
    Irregardless did such an amazing job at our wedding on 10/15/11. Our theme was travel and we had several stations from around the country. Beth and the team did such a great job pulling everything together and making it perfect. It was important to us that as much of the food as possible be local, so irregardless was the perfect choice. Beth did a great job making sure our guests were happy and our wedding party was happy. After a long day of pictures and getting ready, the Irregardless team had drinks and food ready for us before we were announced. Adam and I were running around talking during much of the reception so the food we ate before and our take home boxes were great. I would recommend Irregardless for everyone!
    Melissa Married on 05/14/2011
    Irregardless Cafe did a wonderful job catering my wedding on 5/14/2011! Beth was so great to work with, offering great planning and logistic suggestions and was always available for questions. Many of my guests said that it was the best wedding food they had ever had, and their presentation was beautiful. As an added bonus, they provide a tasting of your menu selections, which was so much fun - and delicious. I would highly recommend them - just be sure to order more food than you think you'll need - people will go back for thirds and more because the food is so delicious!!!
    Jennifer Married on 05/14/2011
    The food at my daughter's wedding was fabulous. Beth helped us pick a menu that would accommodate a diverse guest list and still keep to our "Southern Plantation" theme. They used local ingredients and came up with imaginative ways to present the various items. Excellent experience. I would definitely use them again.
    Melissa Married on 12/20/2008
    The food provided by Irregardless was amazing. I am still getting compliments on both the food and the service at my reception. They were very easy to work with and extremely flexible. They handled all my rental needs and coordination with the reception site. I would defintely recommend Irregardless for your catering needs!
    Josh Event on: 12/05/2017
    I've used them for past three years. Flexible menu with many options for folks with dietary restrictions and they all taste great. The serving staff are professional. As a business, they are reliable, punctual, and accessible for communication. They took a lot of work off my plate during the event. Highly recommend.
    Adele Married on 04/10/2010
    Irregardless Catering was amazing! I had them also work as event coordinators-- which was so helpful, since I was planning from out of town. Originally Anya was working with us, but then Beth Earley joined the Irregardless team, and she helped us so much. She was very responsive-- able to plan most things with me through email.

The food was awesome, everyone loved it. They are GREAT for vegan food. They were very flexible in working with us to create a wedding that reflected our tastes and needs.

I would highly recommend Irregardless!
    Betsy Married on 10/01/2016
    We had Irregardless Cafe cater our wedding and it was amazing! We had the street taco bar, which was a huge hit with our guests! Let's be real though, all of their food is amazing! The staff were on top of their game and absolutely great to work with! I'd absolutely recommend them for your wedding.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 11/10/2012
    Irregardless was absolutely fabulous. Beth was very attentive with what we were looking for and let us come back for a second tasting after we were having trouble choosing our final menu. She was always quick to respond and handled everything the day of flawlessly. I couldn't recommend Irregardless or Beth enough.
    Ashley Married on 05/04/2019

So delicious

The food was so delicious! We were very excited after our tasting and we got compliments from our guests on the great food. Unfortunately the former catering manager departed not long before our wedding which made things a little more hectic, but I know they’re working out the kinks and they still delivered excellent food and service for our event. We highly recommend Irregardless!
  • User2155832 2+ years ago
    Irregardless did amazing at our wedding! The food was delicious. They were efficient in keeping dishes filled and everything tidy. They helped pack up our rental furniture before we even realized it! They were so good that many of our guests commented on how great they were! I gave a three on responsiveness because there were several times during the months before the wedding when I had to email several times to get a response for one question.
    Richard Married on 12/31/2015
    The food was wonderful as were all of the staff on the night. These areas exceeded all expectations. We wanted a "Taste of North Carolina" theme and they delivered a delicious assortment of local favourites. We received many compliments from our guests.

Unfortunately, the bar service was not properly planned. It was clear that the bar order was not placed until the last minute and they had to take what they could get from their suppliers (so close to New Years Eve). Thus, most of our specific wishes for local North Carolina beer and wine not met. I was also disappointed when the vendor switched to a very poor quality sparking wine at the end of the night. Clearly, bar planning needs work. The good news is that none of the guests reported any issues with bar service.

I still recommend Irregardless overall, and would use them again with better bar planning!
    Blair Married on 06/28/2008
    Several people have told me that the food at my wedding was the best food they have had at any wedding reception!! It was really amazing and Irregardless did a great job with keeping things clean etc.
    Jennifer Married on 10/14/2016
    I booked with irregardless back when there was a great event coordinator/manager. She left after my contract was finalized. The new woman that came in changed up a lot saying the portions were all wrong and ended up charging us more for their mistake. She was very unprofessional. She showed up late the day of the wedding and barged in to the bridal suite.

The food stations were not what they said they would be and the original coordinator had envisioned with me. Food did not taste at all like the food we tried and agreed to at the tasting. When we expressed our concerns they were very unsympathetic. Wait staff showed up in casual clothing, not wedding appropriate serving attire. They weren't very diligent about cleaning tables off either.

Our wedding day was so beautiful and everything went so smoothly minus working with irregardless. I wish I could say differently but I would not use them ever again or recommend them to anyone.