Iris Photography and Videography Reviews

57 | Santa Ana, CA

57 Reviews for Iris Photography and Videography

Lisa · Married on 04/30/2011

I was very happy to see he interviewed all of our guests, and that made our video special.

Sent on 05/25/2011
  • Parisa

Parisa · Married on 02/18/2011

It was a pleasure working with Tommy.

The quality of service was great for the price he charges. I was in a time crunch and hired him based on his reviews here. After hiring him I wanted to see his work and he invited me to go down to his studio. He was a professional all around. At the wedding, he was on time, stayed in the background while capturing all the important moments. He is a great guy and a great videographer.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Darlene · Married on 05/01/2010

I decided at the last moment that I wanted a videographer for my wedding. A week before the wedding I contacted Tommy and he got right back with me and was able to be the videographer for my wedding. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the video, plus the case is beautiful.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Rebecca · Married on 12/02/2012

3.5

I worked with Thomas and I am in LOVE with my wedding video. Before selecting Iris, I met with a few other videographers, but I am very picky when it comes to videography and photography. I remember meeting with videographers and in my head thinking, "this shot is strange, the sound is terrible, the bride isn't even in focus." They had so many mistakes. When I met with Thomas, I went with my mom and my sister, and we watched video after video just so entertained--and we didn't even know these people, and yet we weren't focusing on the cinematography itself, we were taken into the stories of each of these couples! He is such an artist-not only with filming, but editing as well. His talent is beyond what I had expected I could get with a wedding videographer.

I didn't have a huge budget, but he was willing to work with me in getting the package I needed for the budget I had. He was also very flexible with providing materials-he has been so helpful to us even long after we paid the bill. He never tried to convince me into getting a bigger package than what I needed-in fact, when I asked his honest opinion, he told me because my wedding was smaller, I didn't need 2 videographers all day. I would recommend this company to ANY bride. He truly takes his job seriously, and provides only the best for each couple. I will always be happy with the decision I made to hire Iris Videography, and each time I watch the video, I can relive the joy of that beautiful day for years to come. I can't wait to show this video to our kids someday. :)

Sent on 06/03/2013

Mayra · Married on 03/21/2009

My husband and I were very pleased with Tommy's work. He even recorded our "Day After" session, and the footage was beautiful. We would love to work with him again.

Sent on 04/11/2011

Sana · Married on 12/28/2012

3.5

Tommy was great! He edited the pictures just right, not overdone but to the point that they looked professional. He was punctual at all three events that he was photographing for our wedding. Looking at the pictures was a delight, angles, lighting, editing...everything was just on point. I will be definitely recommending him to others.

Sent on 01/23/2013

4.2
      3.5

I am so glad to have found a videographer at a really inexpensive price that was able to give me and my husband and family what we were looking for.

They were fortunately available on our date (even though they had to charge us extra because it was a holiday weekend), and then were flexible to give us just the straight video without editing. The quality of the video is great, even though we were not able to get the Bluray version. I like that we could always ask for it on Bluray later if we get a capable device.

The videography itself is decent. It captured the event and is all I could ask for the price. A few "beginnings" are cut off and there are some rough transitions. I thought I gave a good layout and timeline of the wedding and reception so that the videographer would be more prepared. I didn't get to talk to the actual videographer himself nor did he get to see any run-throughs or anything, so for having to do it "blind" he did a pretty good job. Overall it captured our wedding beautifully and they met our needs, and the video they provided us with is going to be great material to edit down. They took special care to get shots of the location, which will provide us with greater options. I especially enjoyed footage of the guests.

My slight disappointment is that he was too close to my husband and I for our first dance and so most of it is shown from the waist up, which is a bummer for a samba - you want to see the feet! I'm not sure if that was unpreparedness or inexperience or just something that he didn't realize (until too late?) but despite that, great videography for a great price! Recommend to anyone looking for a great wedding film without being too pricey.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Iris Photography and Videography's reply:

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Every comment helps us better tailor our services to our clients' needs in the future. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns.

If we had known you wanted to speak with your videographer beforehand, we would gladly have let you speak with him in advance. We currently provide this upon request, but will consider making that routine in the future so future brides will know it is an option. Additionally, we typically do not film rehearsals, but we are in touch with you before the wedding to get any important details and we also get a run down of the ceremony on the day of when we learn were the bridal party will stand, flower arrangements and more. Unfortunately, being at the rehearsal would significantly add to the cost.

I'm saddened to hear your disappointment of your first dance. The most difficult part of only having a single videographer is having to make those stylistic choices (wide shots vs. close, etc...), and unfortunately, using state-of-the-art DSLR cameras makes it difficult to change lenses in the middle of the dance without missing something.

I'm thrilled that overall you enjoyed your wedding video and view it as something you will treasure. I understand you will be doing all the editing yourself therefore only looked to us to provide an unedited video. Unedited videos will have rough transitions and cuts simple due to the nature of being raw video. Please let us know if we can assist you with the post production in the future. We also keep master copies of every event.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Tommy Shimanek - owner