Iris Photography and Videography Reviews

57 | Santa Ana, CA

57 Reviews for Iris Photography and Videography

Diego · Married on 05/11/2013

Tom is very professional and absolutely great at his craft. I'm beyond satisfied with the wedding pictures and look forward to having him at future events. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Martha · event on 05/04/2013

First, let me start out by saying that I am very "Picky":).....
    When I initially spoke with Thomas, I felt a sense of trustworthiness. When I initially called, he took the time to explain all of my questions in detail. I appreciated the conversation and booked him to do our daughter's pre-prom celebration. Thomas had a great personality and was very professional. He captivated every aspect of the memories -- from the guest, to the food, decorations, hair, make-up, the hanging of the fairy tale prom dress, down to the 37 Packard parked out front of the house. The final video is breathtaking. We will forever be able to relive our daughter's prom, because of such great work and quality in the edited video. Thank you again Thomas for such great and amazing work!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Lindsey · Married on 04/20/2013

We didn't really know what to expect with a wedding photographer but we more then pleasantly surprised. Our photographer was a perfect combination of personal and professional. He made the picture taking process fun, quick, and efficient . He got so many unique and beautiful pictures.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Shamera · Married on 02/23/2013

I originally had a photographer for my wedding but two days prior had to go on a search for a new one. I called eight different photographers before I came across Tommy at IMG. He was prompted, courteous and professional. He understood and was very empathetic to my situation. His partner Ryan changed his schedule to take my booking because I he wanted to make sure I had a wonderful day. I loved the way the pictures came out and am grateful for the job they did. I would recommend them to any bride who is looking for a great photographer at a wonderful price.

Sent on 03/06/2013

They did a great job! We love our pictures, couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Sandra · Married on 11/03/2012

Affordable Video & Photography was one of the best vendor choices we made for my daughter's wedding in La Jolla. Tommy was realiable, easy to deal with and produced a wonderful video recap of the big day. We had interviewed several video providers and some were outrageously expensive. Tommy had a price structure that provided terrific flexibility for us. The day of the event, he required little direction but caught every big and little moment, had great interviews/comments from guests, and produced a wonderful video that our family and the happy couple will treasure for years and years to come. I highly recommend Tommy....to anyone looking for an exceptional video and pricing options that provide great value.

Thank you Tommy!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Barbara · Married on 10/11/2012

Working with Tom made the day a pleasure. Having the wedding in CA and living in NJ, I thought it would be hard to find a videographer but searching web I found Affordable Video. The web site gave us an idea of the product Affordable produces. Tom was on time took a lot of video of the vineyard at the venue were wedding was held. Tom worked with the photographer we hired in a very professional manor and they fed off one another. Affordable produced a very nice CD of the wedding. It was done to great music, captured the most important parts of the day and came in at a affordable price. The video was perfect in that Tom set it up as individual scene selections along with approx. 15 minutes of video of the entire event. Thank you for a wonderful video one we will treasure for a long time. Best regards, mother of bride Barbara Eletto

Sent on 04/02/2013
  • User2022444 · 2+ years ago

Initially my husband and I were going to skip on videography but decided with the advice of our relative that it was worth the investment.

In the end we are so thankful and happy with our decision as there are indeed so many things the day of you miss as the bride and groom that photography alone cannot capture. Tommy was so easy to work with and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the final product. He captured our personalities so well in the style of filming and suggestions on music and that is truly a testimony to his talent and artistic capabilities.

The only thing I do regret which is something my husband and I take fault on is not requesting more guest comments and making it a point during the reception to encourage your guests to give them :). However, Tommy was able to get the key people -parents, bridal party which we are so thankful he did!.

Thank you Iris Media Group for capturing our special day. It will never come back and we are so thrilled that we will be able to relive it in the years to come. Thank you again for making that possible! You are truly a gem in the wedding industry.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Tj · Married on 07/21/2012

Tommy is a wonderful! We would recommend him to anyone who is seeking a affordable but great quality video for any event. Would recommend him to anyone.

Tj and Autumn

Sent on 12/06/2012

If you are debating whether to hire a videographer or not, DEFINITELY do it! It was the best decision I made for the wedding and I really couldn't be happier with the product. If I had looked Tommy up before I had hired my photographer, I would have hired him for both my photographer and videographer. Tommy has a great vision and is extremely creative. He is accommodating and responds to calls/emails very quickly. He is also very likeable and easy to get along with. The DVD that he made for me and my husband is of great quality and the DVD box itself is unique. Tommy is definitely the way to go.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Deena · Married on 05/12/2012

I searched the Internet for weeks Looking for the best deal I could get for a Photographer I found Affordableevent.com and Liked what I saw and the Price called Tommy he responded right away with my questions and was avaliable for my Daughters wedding Date. I also Had a Meeting with Tommy to meet him and to discuss some specific photo shots that I wanted done. He was excited to try them out. The wedding Day came he was on time and he Worked his butt off all Day and Night. everything went smoothly and the photos came out AWESOME! He has my Daughter's photos on his website Shaya & Reid's Wedding if you would like to see them I would recommend Tommy's services to anyone or friend or Family. Thanks Tommy for all your Hard work Your the Best!

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 12/20/2011

I am very happy with my choice to have Iris do my wedding video. Tommy was really friendly and did a superb job on catching the footage and editing the final video. This is a very high quality wedding videographer for an affordable price. Tommy and the second shooter were both prompt, and were easy to deal with. Tommy was also very flexible with the timing of payment. I highly recommend getting you wedding video taped to begin with, and this company is a great choice.

Sent on 06/14/2012

leslie · Married on 09/25/2011

Tommy was wonderful to work with. He was so professional and really listened to us. The final product captured everything we wanted. He did not miss a thing! We would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2011

Tommy was great, the video was perfect, and everytime I see it I am so glad we ended up going with him.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Sol · Married on 08/13/2011

There were a few things that people kept telling us that we needed to have at our wedding and a videographer was one of them. We were not sure about getting one but i wanted to talk to a few people and see how their videos were. After looking through Tommy's website and saw a few of his videos I had to set up an appointment with him, i was very impressed by the work that was displayed on his website that i had to find out if this was for real!

After talking with Tommy, i was convinced that he was the person to do our wedding, all i had to do was talk my husband (then fiance) into wanting a videographer as much as I did- especially after talking with Tommy, he was so calm and spoke in detail about the whole process and what we should expect the day and the night of the wedding.

As we got closer to the day we kept in contact with Tommy, I will tell you because I was in San Diego and always busy we never actually met until the morning of the wedding but i was confident that Tommy would do a great job. He was the one that ended up with the girls as we were getting ready- I never felt like he was demanding- telling us to do things over and over again and i never felt like he was not there to capture all the moments, he knew exactly what he was doing and the different shots he was taking.

When we finally received the video- we felt that we got more that what we paid for, between the florist and the video these were two of the best vendors we could have asked for but the video was the best way to capture the days moments especially because we had Tommy and Iris Photography there. If you are on the fence about a videographer for your wedding- just do it but make sure to get Tommy to shoot your wedding, you will not regret it!

I actually find myself watching that video at least once a month, and all the people that have seen it always mention what a great job Tommy did on the videography.

Thanks Tommy!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Caroline · Married on 08/05/2011

Our wedding video was outstanding and services were great. Our ceremony and 5 hr reception was condensed into a 25 minute video but captured all the important moments for our big day. The blu-ray video gives viewers the option of watching the condensed version of our wedding or watch the extended versions of each facet of our wedding. I am just regretful that i didnt contract with Iris for our photograhy. I would totally recommend Iris to future bridesmaids. Iris exceeded our needs.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Diane · Married on 06/25/2011

I would recommend Affordable Video & Photography to others. Our videographer Tommy was personable, professional, flexible, and responded to all of my questions (before and after the wedding) quickly. He captured all of the moments that we wanted to remember. In the end, we were completely satisfied with the finished product!

Sent on 09/22/2011
  • beezy

Danielle · Married on 11/20/2010

At first we were not going to hire a videographer because of our budget and we honestly didn't think we needed one. (Boy, that would have been a mistake). After a lot of pushing from my mom we hired AVP pretty late in the planning process. They were professional, easy to work with and very flexible with our short timeline.

We recently received our DVD and the video captures so much more than any photograph taken that day.

My husband and I highly recommend AVP and LOVE our wedding DVD! Thanks Tommy!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2010

I originally chose Affordable Event after doing a lot of research on photographers/videographers. My final decision was based on their great prices, but also the fact that they seemed very professional. I was a bit nervous though, because I chose them without any prior recommendation, so I felt it was a bit of a gamble. The gamble turned out to pay off, the company was great to work with as well as the photographer and videographer I had. If you are looking for a photo shoot that makes you look like a celebrity bride in a magazine, you will not get this from them, you'll have to go somewhere else and pay thousand and thousands more. For me, I wanted a professional documentation of my wedding day and that is exactly what I got. Great posed portraits as well as candid shots throughout the whole ceremony. Would highly recommend them to someone who is looking for great quality as well as awesome price!

Sent on 07/28/2010
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/08/2008

About three weeks before our wedding, we decided to hire a videographer instead of entrusting our video to a friend or relative. We were having a second wedding reception on the East Coast a few weeks after the wedding, and we wanted to be able to show our ceremony to those guests. Our wedding planner, Beth Helmstetter, had worked with AVP before and recommended them. We only wanted a basic package, with minimal editing, and Tommy from AVP worked with us to create a plan that worked for us. In a short amount of time, we booked his affordable services.

On the wedding day, our videographer arrived on time and got some great footage. Even better, he got us our lightly edited video in no time at all so that we had it in time for our trip East. He gets extra points for packaging our DVD in a case that echoed our handmade wedding program. This little bit of attention to detail was really nice!

Sent on 12/18/2008

Khine · Married on 11/25/2012

Thomas was our wedding videographer and he was really nice to work with. He did really nice shots and we were happy that we had affordable as our videographer. He was on time, pleasant to work with, it was within our budget and the shots were good.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Joshua · Married on 05/13/2011

Affordable Video & Photography provided my wife and I a top notch performance. The photo's on their website used as demo portfolio are the same quality that you will see on your photos. If you need anything you are given their personal cellphone for immediate response. The only reason I am not giving a five on the 'Professionalism' is not that I was disappointed, but you might be. When you choose AV&P you are getting an artist more so than a photographer, which I assure you has its advantages. However if you are looking for that old man from Owen Mills with the" yes sir, yes mam' " attitude; you are barking up the wrong tree. Did I mention you have all the digital rites for your pictures?

Sent on 07/23/2011

Alissa · Married on 06/12/2007

I really enjoyed working with AVP on the day of our wedding. Both the groom and myself had a camera person following us around starting three hours before the wedding and they were very pleasant to deal with. AVP was familiar with the site we were getting married at, which they used to their advantage (and ours) by filming very beautiful shots of the location which they incorporated into our wedding video. They also created a photo montage (and provided a viewing screen of this) for during the reception. They created a memorable wedding DVD that had several features including the toasts, the whole ceremony, the photo montage, as well as a 30-45 minute wedding highlight video. Additionally we selected the music that was used, which made the whole video that much more personal. I would definitely work with AVP again. Finally, I found it to be very helpful that our videographer and photographer had worked together before, which helped the whole process run smoothly in getting shots of all aspects of our wedding from the ceremony to the bouquet toss, to the cutting of the cake and the first dance.

Sent on 01/10/2008

Erika · Married on 06/07/2014

The pictures were absolutely amazing and we love our wedding album, but it's the wedding video that just sends it over the top! Absolutely amazingly talented group! Worth every penny.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Sheila · Married on 08/21/2011

What a fantastic way to capture an event. My mothers 80th Birthday party will never be forgotten thanks to you.

When watching the video it was as if we RE-LIVED the entire day...

Thank you so much... Sheila