Irene's Cakes by Design Reviews

90 Reviews for Irene's Cakes by Design

1 User photo

• Y

Y · Married on 08/15/2015

We used Irene's cakes by design for our wedding in Arlington VT, and I can say with complete confidence that it was one of the best tasting wedding cakes we have ever had! My now husband is picky about wedding cakes and has always found them dry and tasteless, but this cake was amazing! The whole process with Irene was very professional and it is clear that she loves what she does. We had such a blast during the amazing cake tasting, it was almost impossible to decide on a flavor. Her combinations are out of this world. The cake came out beautiful, we couldn't have been more pleased. We even followed her directions for storing our cake and it tasted great on our one month anniversary, I can't wait to have our one year piece!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

thank you "Y " for such a great review. All the best to you.

Ariel · Married on 07/25/2015

Irene was FABULOUS!!! I am the mom of the bride and I can tell you that we did 3 other cake tastings before we found Irene and wow are we glad we did! She was amazing. She listened to my daughter and son-in-laws ideas about what they wanted and was able to make the perfect cake for them. It was exactly what they had wanted and portrayed the colors and theme perfectly. Every guest at the wedding was raving about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was !! It was certainly a highlight of the wedding. The tasting was so much fun and seeing the results were one of my favorite memories of the wedding! I would recommend her completely and wholeheartedly!!! Amazing job!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much Beth. It was a pleasure to work with you on Ariel and Devin's cake! And the theme was so fun to create!

Justine · Married on 06/27/2015

Our cake was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had! Irene was a dream to work with and offered great advice on how to make our cake amazing! Everyone was saying how it was the best wedding cake that they had ever had. I can't wait for our anniversary to have another piece!!

Thank you for dedication to wonderful, delicious, and beautiful cakes!!!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Dear Justine and David,
    Thank you very much and you are very welcome!
    I love to make wedding cakes because it is great to give couples deliciously fabulous cakes. Thank you for letting be a part of your wedding celebration.

Vicki · Married on 05/18/2015

We were married May 18, 2015. We can not stop talking about the cake and cupcakes that Irene made for our wedding. They were absolutely DELICIOUS! Everyone loved them.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

I am thrilled that you are still thinking about your wedding cupcakes! Thank you.

Irene's cake was absolutely fantastic and she was a delight to work with throughout the entire process. She shipped delicious samples to us all the way from Vermont to Virginia, and she was detail-oriented to make our wedding topper look just like us, even requesting a picture so she'd get hair and eye colors just right. We received multiple compliments on the wedding cake from guests, with one couple stating that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. Many thanks again, and we can't wait to eat the saved portion next year!!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Your cake and cake topper were so much fun to make. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed them! Best wishes again!

Kristen · Married on 11/23/2014

The cake was amazing!! It looked and tasted fantastic. We choose the red velvet cake and white cake. They were both scrumptious!

Mike and Kristen Siska
    11/23/14
    Mountain Top Inn
    Chittenden, VT

Sent on 12/20/2014

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you Kristin and Mike. It was truly a pleasure to help in your wedding celebration. Best wishes in your new future together.

Pam · Married on 10/11/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Irene starting at our tasting. All of the cakes were delicious it was nearly impossible to choose just one! Luckily, you don't have to, Irene will change flavors and fillings and mix/match your favorites. She communicated with us throughout the process and the actual cake was not only beautiful and exactly what we had pictured, but delicious! The guests raved about the cake, and we cannot wait until our anniversary to eat the top tier. She also did a gluten free version of our cake, and our GF guests almost didn't believe it was gluten free. Would recommend her in a heartbeat - Irene did an amazing job!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2014

Irene was extremely professional and easy to deal with. The cake was gorgeous and everyone raved about the flavor integration (chocolate, hazelnut, baileys, buttercream - yum!)

Sent on 10/07/2014

Irene did an amazing job on our cake! It looked beautiful and tasted delicious. I had numerous guests comment on how great the cake was the next day. Irene was great to work with and listened to all of our ideas for the cake design.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Jaime · Married on 09/13/2014

We can't say enough about how easy it was to work with Irene. She made the whole process really fun and enjoyable. All of our guests commented the whole night about how beautiful the cake looked. Not only was it beautiful but it was delicious. We never knew there were so many flavors of cakes! We highly recommend Irene for any event!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Anna · Married on 08/23/2014

Irene created the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. Every step of the process was completely stress free. She was a delight to work with!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Lori · Married on 07/26/2014

Irene was amazing! She was so responsive to any of our needs and produced a cake that was exactly what we wanted. Not only did it look beautiful, but it tasted delicious. My guests were so impressed. Irene was so patient with all of our changes and allowed us to sample so many different combinations before we devude. I would highly recommend her business. Mt husband and I were just talking about getting a brand new cake made and shipped to our house for our anniversary.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/28/2014

Irene designed and delivered my wedding cake. It was beautiful. I almost didn't want to cut into it. But of course we did. We had two types of cake, one was primarily chocolate and the other praline and vanilla. Both were delicious. We had a little left over, so when I returned from my honeymoon I brought some in to work. Despite it being a week old everyone raved about it. Some people who I had never met before found me afterwards and thanked me for sharing the cake. Saying it was the best cake they had ever had. My husband and I have to agree.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Irene was completely flexible with cake design, and presented us with many different options for the cake and filling. The cake was absolutely delicious and looked great too. All of our guests told us how much they loved the cake.

Sent on 03/22/2014

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

thank you R & V, it was a pleasure to help make your wedding day a wonderful celebration.

Diana · Married on 10/19/2013

Irene is a genius! I married Lyle Pinder (the man of my dreams) on October 19th 2013 and our wedding cake couldn't have complimented our love more. We asked Irene (the week of the wedding mind you!) to make a very personal cake with our most special moments and inside jokes written all over it and she nailed it! The cake was absolutely beautiful and we were showered with praise because of it. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was extremely moist and the most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted! Each tier had a different flavor (marble, red velvet, lemon with respberry filling and apple crisp with cream cheese filling) and ALL of my guests were very pleased! I wish I could get married again just to have Irene make us another cake! Thank you!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Hi Diana and Lyle, Your cake was so much fun to make. All of your quotes were very original and it was fun trying to figure them out! Best wishes to you both.

Irene made an amazing birch bark cake for our wedding! It was a beautiful design and multiple flavor layers. The sugar decorations of bittersweet and fall leaves went so well with the theme of our wedding. Irene was really easy to work with, even from across the country (as we were planning everything from CO). Irene allowed us to modify the design and flavor combinations. She also worked with us so that we could pick up the cake very early the morning of to transport it a few hours away. The cake was breathtaking and we have more pictures of the cake from our friends that we do of us :)

Sent on 09/16/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2013

Part of the reason our wedding was perfect was because of our wedding cake - the most beautiful, delicious cake ever. Irene was absolutely fabulous to consult with. She knew what I wanted before I did! I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to partner with her, nor about the perfection of our cake. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Krissy · Married on 09/07/2013

We loved working with Irene! Her passion for cake design was evident every step of the way. The cake she created for us was so beautiful.

Irene was lovely to work with, she even shipped us cakes to sample across the country from Vermont to San Francisco.

Irene, thank you for the beautiful work you did and the delicious cake you made. Our guests are still raving about it.

Sent on 01/21/2014

you're very welcome!

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2013

Our cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious -- several guests commented on it throughout the night. Working with Irene was also a pleasure, the tasting and design process was easy yet she was open to any ideas we had. Overall, it was a great experience and the cake was perfect!

Sent on 09/15/2013
  • User2086594 · 2+ years ago

We were so thrilled to have our wedding cake made by Irene. It cost little more than we hoped to spend, but was so worth it. The cake was moist and delicious, better than what we remember from the tasting. We had a gorgeous design of several birch logs with sugar acorns, bittersweet and fall leaves. It was the perfect addition to our Vermont fall wedding.

Irene was always on top of keeping in touch with us, and allowed us the flexibility to choose from a number of options to try to keep our costs down. The cake was one of the most admired things at our wedding, and we have no regrets from our decision. The guests loved the look and taste of the cake. I can't believe how many pictures people took of the cake! We have no regrets on our decision and I would highly recommend Irene for any special event!!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much, I am thrilled that you and your guests loved your cake!

Linday · Married on 08/24/2013

We planned a destination wedding in Manchester, Vermont and had previously read reviews for Irene's cakes. We decided to meet and show her some ideas we had for our buttercream cake with small flower gardenias. We decided on a chocolate sour cream cake with 3 different layers of filling with vanilla buttercream on the outside. The cake came out exactly as planned and tasted even better. She was even able to use our vintage silver cake stands to tier the top layer of the cake! It came out just beautiful and we loved working with Irene as well. She is very professional and has been doing this for quite some time, so you don't have to worry when using her as a vendor, she can be counted on the get the job done well and efficiently!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Annemarie · Married on 08/03/2013

We ordered both a traditional wedding cake and a groom's cake. Both were exactly as we discussed with Irene and actually tasted delicious. Irene was professional and thorough throughout the whole process. For the groom's cake, Irene made a cake modeled after my husband's car and it was identical, even down to the license plate. I definitely recommend Irene's Cakes by Design

Sent on 08/22/2013

Thank you Annemarie!

Liz · Married on 07/27/2013

Irene was absolutely wonderful to work with. She delivered exactly the cake we discussed, only more beautiful and delicious than I imagined! She was responsive by email, and when we visited to try cake flavors she had incredible flavor options and lots of design examples to discuss. I had at least 5 people tell me the cake we served (vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and fresh strawberries, as well as a layer of bergamot frosting inside) was the best cake they ever tasted. I would definitely recommend working with Irene!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you Liz, I'm am so glad that you loved your cake and enjoyed working with me.
    Best wishes , Irene

Juliet · Married on 07/20/2013

I actually did not have a wedding cake, but a birthday cake. It was fantastic. I told Irene what I wanted And then she ran with it! It was OH SO PERFECT! it was by far the most gorgeous cake I have ever seen. Trust her with your dreams, she will fulfill them! Tasty and beautiful! xo!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Irene's Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so very much , this was such a fun cake to make for you!

Jennifer · Married on 06/29/2013

We chose Irene Maston to design our wedding cake topper and cupcakes, and we were just in awe of how incredibly delicious they were as well as her artistic abilities! Irene was an absolute pleasure to work with. She devoted a lot of time to us to help choose the perfect flavor combinations and decorations unique to our special event. Not only are her cakes amazing, but she is such a special person who we just loved working with. We are so grateful to have met Irene and we will always remember the special and sweet part she played in our marriage! J&P

Sent on 08/31/2013