InvitesByAmy.com Reviews

12 | Johnson City, TN

12 Reviews for InvitesByAmy.com

Land of Oz was GREAT!! I was able to order the bridal gown of my dreams without breaking the bank. They were very helpful. I went to bridal store and was able to find the dress on line and they ordered the dress for a 1/3 of the price. I was a little worried because they were going by style and number and did not have dresses in store but my worries disappeared when the dress came in exactly as I tried on at a designer store. I would suggest land of oz for getting wedding dress you want without spending thousands of dollars.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Joy · Married on 12/31/2011

Fay and Mike were amazing to work with. They were able to order my dress without the overhead costs and it really inabled me to get the dress of my dreams. The turn-around was awesome!! They were also able to order my bridesmaids and flower girl dresses at a discounted price. Everything came in quickly and arrived in perfect condition. I'm already referring them to other brides. I can't tell you how appreciative I was to work with the Land of Oz. Thank you!! Joy & Brian

Sent on 01/26/2012
  • Shalona

Shalona · Married on 06/11/2011

Got us what we need and quickly.

Sent on 06/28/2011

k · Married on 08/05/2006

Loved this place. Small place, very helpful, lots to choose from, great value, owners very responsive and even remembered us!

Sent on 07/27/2008

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2011

I ordered my dress through Land Of Oz after finding it in another bridal shop. They were able to save me several hundred dollars off what the other store wanted for the dress. I also ended up ordering a veil at the last minute just from seeing it in one of the Ansonia catalogs in their store. The veil arrived in less than two weeks and cost just over $100 dollars.

The store is not what you are expecting but remember that they specialize in invitations but can order you just about anything and at a huge savings. I had a great experience with both of my purchases from Land Of Oz and would recommend them to anyone who wants to save money on their big day.

Sent on 09/17/2011
  • Genasabride

Gena · Married on 10/08/2008

I was happy to find these folks. They are seasoned professionals that give you their expert attention and experience.
    They helped me word and design my invitation. It was simple,elegant and beautiful.
    They offer a discount and had countless books to choose from.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Emily · Married on 07/08/2006

This "hole in the wall" location is more than meets the eye! They have a very good selection of invitations and we spent hours trying to narrow it down to the perfect one.

Sent on 11/01/2008

Heather · Married on 10/27/2007

Land of Oz Bridal is a very small shop on Glenmore Ave., owned and operated by a very sweet married couple. They were so nice to us, were so relatable, and helped us find exactly what we wanted for a very reasonable price. I recommend every one of my friends to this business!

Sent on 07/23/2008

Katie · Married on 02/25/2012

3.0

Wonderful selection of invitations that were ALL reasonably priced. The owners were very helpful, knowledgeable and very nice. I paid a little bit extra to have a proof emailed to me ($15 I think?), which I would really recommend because I ended up changing something! My only complaint was that the owner smoked almost the entire time we were in the store.

Sent on 05/11/2012
  • WildFan16

Laura · Married on 05/16/2009

Land of OZ is a great resource for the bride looking for a bargain. The offer 30% off invitations (and I think it's something like 15% off the other things like response cards and etc.). They have all the name brands, just lower prices! Don't be dissuaded by the "hole in the wall" appearance. Mike and Faye are great and very helpful! They are by appointment only, which is a little inconvenient, but it's worth it for the great deals they have. They are usually open (like I said, by appointment only) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, but they will work it out with you if you can't make it one of those times. We bought 175 invitations with response cards with lined inner envelopes with our addresses pre-written on both the invitation envelopes and the response envelopes (big cost usually) for only about $370.00. Compared to what we were pricing online, this was a steal!! We got a �preview� of our invites for $5 per piece (cost from invitation company � Carlson Craft) and we are really glad we did it because we had to end up altering some things. We also wen't back there to buy our programs and they turned out great!!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2011

3.5

Just a little unassuming Mom and Pop store that is cluttered and somewhat dingy, but they can get almost anything for you at wholesale price! Mike and Faye are super nice and chatty (you will hear all about Mike's health problems!) but they do everything they can to get you what you want! I was searching all over for my dream dress, but couldn't find anything at a price I could afford. I found the dress I wanted online, took the picture/designer name to Mike and Faye, and they called all over until they found the dress for me at an amazing price! It was just what I wanted, it fit perfectly, and I couldn't have been happier with my purchase! My sister also bought her wedding dress through them and had a similar experience. Thanks Land of Oz!

Sent on 09/17/2011

lisa · Married on 06/12/2004

2.0

This is a "mom and pop" shop. They do not hold normal business hours. You have to call and leave a voicemail and they will call you back and meet you any time you would like. They old man smokes in the shop and they have a cat that roams the building. The shop is very cluttered and messy. However, any bridal product you could possibly want, they can get it for you at just a little over wholesale. Even wedding dresses! If you bring in a picture, he will find it in the book and order it for you way cheaper than at a typical bridal shop.

Sent on 02/11/2008