Intra-State Entertainment Reviews

112 | Worcester, NY

112 Reviews for Intra-State Entertainment

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2005

Intra-State Entertainment was the icing on the wedding cake...Eric Haley made our wedding day even more special! The quality of service provided was outstanding for a great price!

Aimee · Married on 06/25/2005

You did an awesome job, all my favorite music, plus my husband got to enjoy some awesome Turkish music! Thanks a bunch....

William · Married on 05/21/2005

They provided DJ service for four weddings in our family!!!

Eric is extremely professional!!! ...by far one of the most accomodating indivduals. He was able to incorporate our music wishes while making great suggestions in areas that we were unsure.

Linda · Married on 03/12/2004

We have used Intra-State Entertainment on two occasions - a wedding reception and a graduation. Excellent service each time. Would highly recommend this company!

Kelley · Married on 08/17/2002

They made my wedding!!! So much fun, humor and interaction to keep the crowd going for hours and hours!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Roberta · Married on 05/19/2018

Eric provided DJ serices for my daughter's wedding at Stonewall Estates in Delhi New York on May 19. He offers a great package for a good price and I chose him after talking with another bride who also hired him for a wedding at Stonewall. When we met with him in early March, he offered alot of good ideas and advice for how to plan the reception schedule to be exactly what my daughter and her fiance hoped for. He was responsive, on time and really helpful during planning and on the event day. And, everyone had fun with the music at the wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Eric was wonderful! He was so accommodating and willing to adapt to our individual music style. Everyone raved about the music selections, which were a combination of our selections and Eric's selections based on our tastes. He really understood what we liked and worked hard to match the style. He also had a great read on the energy in the room, and he maintained an excellent flow throughout the evening.

Eric was professional and easy to work with even though we were planning the wedding from afar.

We would hire Eric again and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a DJ.

Sent on 02/13/2015

Mike · Married on 09/01/2012

Intra-State Entertainment provided our DJ services at our wedding on 9/1/12. Everything was great about the service. I gave Eric a list of songs we liked and he took it from there and made a great playlist. I received several compliments about how good the music was. Eric was also very responsive to all our questions and comments.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Tomasa · Married on 05/07/2011

Great DJ. Responsible, acommodating and fun.

Lori-Ann · Married on 04/09/2011

I highly recommend Eric for anyone wanting a relaxed atmosphere or getting out on the dance floor. His mix of dance music as well as atmosphere music was fantastic! He does not disappoint!

Sent on 06/14/2011

We had a wonderful experience with Eric at Intrastate Entertainment. He was the most professional DJ we met with. No cheesy gimmicks or flashy set-up when we met him at a bridal show, and we felt like he knew exactly what we were looking for because he took the time to ask a lot about us. After meeting with him and telling him about our music preferences, our families, and our party-style we were confident he was going to help us have a fun and tasteful reception. That is exactly what we got! I had so many guests compliment me on the cocktail hour music, dance music, and the "newlywed game" that Eric emceed for us. We also booked the photo-booth through them and it was definitely worth the extra expense. We thought about only doing it for 2 hours, but decided on 5 hours and that was the best decision because people were in the booth the entire time it was open. I could tell our guests had a blast taking pictures with one another, and we were hysterically laughing the next day when we got to see all of the photos and watch the videos. It is an awesome way to share in everyone's fun and memories because we were so busy trying to talk with everyone at the reception that we didn't have a chance to hang out and cut loose as much as the guests did.
    Eric was very responsive and willing to work with me via email which was important because I was traveling for work until about 2 weeks before the wedding. I work in event planning and customer service and I never felt like I had to double check on things, which you do have to do with some vendors, especially if you are planning your wedding yourself. I could tell that he takes his job seriously and is a true professional, and that put us at ease through the whole process.

Sent on 03/11/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/14/2017

1.8
      2.5

My husband and I had a long engagement (2 years) however knew right away that we really wanted Eric as our DJ! We had previously been to weddings that he DJ’ed and he only seemed as of he were the best! We booked him way ahead in advance to secure him for our special day as we knew it’s a fight to get him as he books up fast! After meeting with him, we were extremely excited because like he mentioned it’s all in the DJ’s hands so you want the best of the best. We booked him for 5.5 hours and asked if we could have him stay longer because that would mean he’d leave at 9:15. He told us that he would stay as long as we wanted but each additional hour would be $100. He also told us not to put that money down as of yet because people would be more than likely to buy us an extra hour as a wedding gift. Finally, when our special day approached, he was there on time but really wasn’t going to say anything to us. Games that we had written down to play were never presented or played, he said we wouldn’t have enough time and it wasn’t a big deal. Nobody saw the cake cutting and everything seemed extremely rushed. As the night was dying down, we still had EVERYBODY on the dance floor and my husband and I wanted to get 1 more hour. Eric upped the price to $200 and claimed that he didn’t think we would need it. As people came up with the money, they brought it to him... and he still claimed we wouldn’t need it and REFUSED to take it. With that being said, he packed up and left all by 9:30. He was a HUGE disappointment and definitely was not worth $1,500 that we spent. Guests that had him as their DJ at their wedding even said that he was a very different person that night and they were not impressed. The time line was extremely rushed and we missed a lot due to it. On a brighter note, we were happy with how he got everybody on the dance floor and was flexible with our photographer. However, I would not recommend Eric Haley and Intra-State Entertainment.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Intra-State Entertainment's reply:

This makes me sad! Everyone that know me knows making amazing memories for everyone of my brides is of utmost importance to me and I'm passionate about that! This is the first time in over 1000 weddings over the last 20 years to have any negatve review. First off I'm very sorry you feel this way. Of course I need to respond to this as unfortunately this could impact future couples interested in us being apart of their wedding. I'll start with the "games" we only had one game to do. The scavenger hunt that requires the dance floor being open. (Which I asked if it was important to you and you said no problem) Unfortunately because of the size of your wedding the venue was forced to use the dance floor for seating guests. So we wouldn't have been able to do that game until later on when people are Dancing already. The game requires guests to be in their seats.
    As for the cake cutting you had expressed some anxiety being the center of attention so I took those cues to not make a huge deal about the cake cutting.
    As for the extra time every contract clearly states extra time is at $200 per hour so I'm confused on that one. It's been many years since I've had a wedding where keg stands were taking place. With excessive drinking I get worried about people's safety. When a guest brought extra money to me I decided that at that time it seemed like everyone had a great time and in my experience that can go bad with extra time and excessive drinking so I decided to have the guest keep his money. I was polite with him and with 20 years of experience my experiences were warning me that it was better to not continue. I'm a worry wart sometimes.
    I'm sorry this is upsetting to you and I had an absolute blast planning and being apart of your wedding!