Intra-State Entertainment Reviews

112 | Worcester, NY

112 Reviews for Intra-State Entertainment

Nick and Lindsey · Married on 08/12/2011

We used Eric for our wedding after going to a wedding he worked. He was awesome. We were so happy with the job he did. We have referred him to two other couples that have used him and been just as equally thrilled. Eric is excellent! - Nick and Lindsey Murphy

Marcia · Married on 08/06/2011

Eric Haley helped create the most fun wedding reception I could have ever hoped for. I asked him to create a dance party for me and he did just that, except better than I could have even imagined. He got people dancing right away and kept them out there for the rest of the night. Also, he was very helpful and professional in running the usual formalities such as the introductions and special dances and had great advice on how to do these efficiently and effectively. I had several family members and guests comment on how great and professional Eric is as a DJ; people were very impressed. I had so much fun with Eric as the DJ for my wedding reception and would highly recommend him to anyone else. If I ever need a DJ in the future, I wouldn't even consider using anyone but Eric.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2011

Fabulous!!! So great to work with! If you don't want to worry about a thing choose Intra-State Entertainment.

Sent on 08/06/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/18/2011

Eric was a wonderful D.J. More than a D.J., he truly served as a guide to our reception, both during the planning process and, especially, on the day. Competent, organized, yet flexible, Eric was open to our unique ideas while also having plenty of his own suggestions to offer when we felt a bit lost. As my new husband and I come from very different cultural backgrounds, we were relieved to discover that Eric was very enthusiastic about familiarizing himself with the ethnic music (Greek, Italian, and Cambodian) we wanted him to play (in addition to contemporary music!) at the reception.

Eric helped us in any way he could to make sure our ceremony and reception went smoothly, from letting us make last-minute changes to the reception structure to helping me with the train of my gown as I negotiated a side-door exit on my way out to the ceremony site. Not having hired a wedding coordinator, we particularly appreciated Eric’s ability and willingness to coordinate proactively with our wedding party as well as with our other vendors (running outside to let us know during our couple’s photo shoot, for example, that our entrées had been served) to make sure no details fell through the cracks.

As the night wore on, we grew increasingly impressed by Eric’s ability to ‘read’ our diverse crowd well enough to keep everyone on the dance floor from the first song to the last. It was a beautiful thing to see our families, who come from different worlds and had just met, all dancing together to the music Eric played.

All in all, we very enthusiastically recommend D.J. Eric Haley!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Peter · Married on 06/10/2011

Eric was the DJ for my wedding in 2011. He was one of the nicest, most responsive, and fun people I've ever met or worked with. He was recommended to me by a mutual friend, and as soon as I contacted him he immediately began working on making our day special. My wife and I were planning our NY wedding from California, and he was very accommodating with figuring out logistics from 3,000 miles away. He arranged to meet me on the one trip I had back to NY before the wedding, and I know he had to drive a bit to get to our meeting spot. He listened to all of my requests and made sure that everything was in place on the wedding day. It was also very easy to send him song files of special requests that were not in his collection that we wanted played for our ceremony.

He played a great mix of music, from oldies to new stuff to group songs (our entire wedding party sang along to "Summer Nights"...it was awesome) and everything in between. He kept the party going until the wee hours, and even agreed to stay an hour past when we had booked him (we did pay him for this time, but he was really great about just being asked to stay because we were having such a good time). Also, the lighting setup he had provided the perfect mood for the reception.

Long story short: hire Intra-State Entertainment for your wedding or party. You will not be disappointed!

Talene · Married on 06/04/2011

I couldn't ask for a better wedding reception, and Eric Haley from Intra-State Entertainment made our reception truly amazing, leaving many people talking about it (and all our friends that are engaged and live in Otsego County want to contact him). We gave Eric a huge challenge-we told him we were 'mixing' American and Armenian culture throughout the reception. He was very enthused about doing it and brought everything together beautifully. Everyone had 'high' energy at the beginning of the reception. At the end, most friends and family said they can continue to party they way we were all night long! To say the least, it's a night we'll never forget, and we owe many thanks to Eric!
    Ryan & Talene Schaffer
    Married June 4, 2011

Brittany · Married on 03/12/2011

I've known Erik for a number of years through my work as a Caterer & Event Planner. Therefore I can base my recommendation & review on not just my wedding but many others. From my professional standpoint- he is a joy to work with. He know's how to wind the crowd down when needed & pick them up and get them moving on the dance floor. He makes my job easier since he's always on top of the event time line with formailites. That being said when it came time for my wedding reception- there was no question as to who I wanted. As a Bride, I was not very good at picking out songs for the different dances, to be honest- Erik was there to point me into the right direction with wonderful recommendations based on our musical tastes, and in hindsight, the songs he lead us to couldn't have been any better. In the end I called him the morning of the wedding to give him our final choices... but he had them ready to go once the reception came. My rating for Erik is off the scale- as a Dj you couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 06/14/2011

TJ · Married on 02/12/2011

Not only was he good but he brought LIGHTS! we had no idea that he was bringing them and it really added a lot to the night.

I highly recommend hiring Eric for your wedding.

Thanks again!

Sent on 06/12/2011
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 02/12/2011

I'm so happy we found Intra-State Entertainment (Eric) for our wedding! He was amazing, professional and played the best music! He definitely got our vibe of what music we like and we were more than happy with his service. We had people dancing all night long... people were up and dancing even during dinner. Thanks Eric for making our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 01/22/2012

Janelle · Married on 10/30/2010

I can't say enough! They are wonderful!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Trista · Married on 10/16/2010

We had a FANTASTIC experiece with Intra-State Entertainment. Everyone danced the night away. From the fun and entertaining games to the final song of the night- I wouldn't have changed a thing. Several people have chosen to use Intra- State after hearing them at our wedding. Thanks so much Intra-State Entertainment for making our day perfect!

Jason · Married on 10/16/2010

Eric of Intra-State Entertainment was really a pleasure to deal with. Going with him for our DJ was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. He was recommended by a close friend of ours. The DJ is what makes the reception, and what a reception it was. As others have stated, the music selection was excellent, everyone was dancing from start to finish. We have quite a few pictures from the reception where nearly every seat is empty because everyone was on the dance floor. The games we played were also a blast.

Two people have already booked Eric after attending our reception and as someone else stated, I recommend him every chance that I get.

Eric was very professional and incredibly flexible in helping plan his portion of the event. Everything was a breeze. I don't have one even slightly negative thing to say. If you choose Eric/Intra-State Entertainment, I'm confident you will feel the same.

Judy · Married on 10/10/2010

We loved having Eric as our DJ for our Wedding!
    We had so much going on preparing and plan for the wedding, but after we met with Eric to go over the contract we knew the music was all taken care of. He is such a warm and friendly person, who makes the wedding and reception run so smoothly, with his interacting with the guest, music and personality. You will have no worries after talking with Eric at Intra-State Entertainment! Thanks Eric

Shannon · Married on 10/10/2009

Intra-State Entertainment is a GREAT DJ service! They have all different types of music to choose from, and they really cater to the likes of the crowd. I would definitely recommend them!

Mary · Married on 09/04/2009

Intra-State was recommended to us by a dear friend and bridesmaid and it ended up being one of the best decisions we made about our entire wedding. Since then I've recommended Eric any time I can. Absolutely amazing service! Was flexible and even traveled quite far to our location for a small and very reasonable fee. Our dance floor was PACKED the entire night - I've never been to a wedding where so many guests danced non-stop. Eric helped us pick out some of our songs and we provided a list of some we wanted to hear throughout the night. I HIGHLY recommend Intra-State Entertainment.

Meghan · Married on 08/08/2009

Chosing Eric Haley and Intra-State Entertainment to handle the music and DJ-ing for our wedding was one of the best choices we made! Eric is sweet, smart, engaging and incredibly professional. He worked with us on our music selections to accommodate our slightly less-common music tastes and did a wonderful job following up, communicating and following through with what we planned. The music and flow of our reception was seamless and SO MUCH FUN! His suggestions and in-put really made our reception a blast and we will never be able to thank him enough for adding such joy to an absolutely amazing day. DON'T HESITATE TO HIRE HIM!!! We love you Eric!

Meghan & Andrew Chugg

Julie · Married on 04/04/2009

If you want great service and a party that everyone dances at and has a great time...use Eric! He's easy to work with and willing to do anything to make your special day yours. Truly the best!

Shanon · Married on 10/18/2008

Two items of high importance to me for my wedding were the photographer and the DJ. I wanted great pictures and a kickin' party!! Eric was awesome and my guests had a fabulous time! Music was provided for the ceremony as well as the reception. He was so great about getting people on the dance floor and keeping people involved! I would HIGHLY recommend him for any event.

Joan · Married on 10/18/2008

Best DJ for weddings and parties around !

Sent on 06/07/2011

Kira · Married on 08/02/2008

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Eric. He was our wedding DJ and we have attended many other events he and his wife, Dareth, have DJ’d. He always keeps the dance floor packed and having a blast! The best part is he has a way of drawing everyone in, regardless of age or music preference! This was exactly what we had dreamed our wedding reception would be...everyone included enjoying themselves dancing! He is also very comforting! He knows the ropes and handles things perfectly so that your day goes smoothly....I will never forget feeling so relived with how professionally he stepped into his role with such great expertise. This is his craft and it comes naturally to him!

Jill · Married on 10/20/2007

Intra-State Entertainment was great to work with, they provided the music for my wedding and reception. It was a fantastic experience, and I felt that they customized it completely to our preferences. People are still talking about our wedding, over three years later, People were on the dance floor all night long! Intra-State Entertainment is top notch all the way!

Tammy · Married on 10/13/2007

I can't thank Eric enough for all that he did to make our day so special and wonderful! If I could give him a ten I would! Thank you Eric so much!!

~ Tammy & Jamie Duncan

Aimee · Married on 07/02/2007

Intra-State Entertainment did an amazing job. I got married four years ago, and my family and friends still comment how great the must was! Eric was so easy to work with, and willing to listen to all my ideas. He was always available by phone to discuss the wedding and any details. He helped keep our stress level down by being so professional! Several of my friends have used his services since my wedding. I would recommend Intra-State over and over again!

Audra · Married on 08/05/2006

Eric is pretty flexible with what every you want .. So if you just ask he is willing to do it... You will enjoy him DJ for you.

Lisa · Married on 07/01/2006

I cannot say enough positive things about Eric and Intra-State Entertainment. I had been a guest at several weddings where Eric had been the DJ before I got married and enjoyed them so much that I actually contacted Eric to find out which days he was available before I even picked my wedding date or my venue! Eric went above and beyond to meet our needs. He even took the extra time to learn the pronunciation of all the names of our bridal party to make sure he said them correctly. I was more than impressed!