Interfaith Clergy Network Reviews

66 | Commack, NY

66 Reviews for Interfaith Clergy Network

Victoria · Married on 08/14/2016

Cantor Berris and Reverend Ken were amazing. They were both so accommodating and were so mindful of my husbands and my families religions and preferences. They both spent time getting to know us and our families. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and they both did a wonderful job, were very in sync with one another and made every aspect of it spectacular. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 07/03/2016

We HIGHLY recommend the Interfaith Clergy Network for your interfaith wedding. My husband is Catholic and I am Jewish - Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi were the dream team. There are not enough positive things we can say about them. First of all, let me explain that even though they live in NJ and NY they traveled to Bensalem, PA to marry us (we got married at the Pen Ryn Mansion there). We also got married on a holiday weekend (July 3, 2016) and that was not a problem for them at all. They were both such a pleasure to work with. They individually met with us and spent an enormous amount of time getting to know us and reviewing what we wanted for our ceremony. They also communicated with us frequently throughout the planning process and were responsive with email & phone. On the day of the wedding, they were prompt, professional, and beyond friendly. They did an excellent job of incorporating the Jewish and Catholic traditions into one ceremony. Our guests raved about the ceremony and were touched by the personalization and traditions demonstrated by Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi. Additionally, Cantor Berris did a beautiful job with the Ketubah signing and made that such a memorable moment for us in the midst of everything. Of note, my husband also received the Sacrament of Marriage from the Catholic church, which was extremely important to him. Monsignor Rusconi did an AMAZING job of getting approval from the Arch Dioceses of Philadelphia to marry us and taking care of all necessary paperwork. When we returned from our two-week honeymoon, the marriage license was waiting for us in the mail (which he had already taken care of). You can tell Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi have a great working relationship and that they truly believe in marrying two people, regardless of their faiths. Our ceremony was a dream come true and we highly recommend them for your interfaith wedding. We hope that we can use them again in the future for other events!!!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Diane · Married on 06/25/2016

I contacted Cantor Berris regarding my son's wedding. He was wonderful to work with and very helpful with every detail. Since Cantor Berris was already booked for my son's wedding date, he recommended Rabbi Debra Smith who was very professional and equally a pleasure to work with. My son's fiance provided the Deacon who worked together with Rabbi Debra for a balanced and beautiful ceremony. Everyone was very pleased with the service which was very respectful to both faiths. Although Cantor Berris was not performing the ceremony, he was always available to answer any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend Interfaith Clergy Network.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Cantor Neil and Father Richard officiated a beautiful Jewish/Catholic wedding ceremony for us in Bedford, New York. My husband and I were married previously by a spiritual humanist minister, and we wanted to honor our marriage in a religious as well as in a legal manner. They walked us through every step of the process, explaining the intricacies of each religious tradition and ensuring that the wedding included traditions from both of our faiths. And, they helped us to initiate a religious "remarriage" by explaining what we would need to do from a legal perspective as well. The ceremony was meaningful, funny, lighthearted and emotional, and our friends and families commented that it was one of the loveliest ceremonies they had ever been to. Cantor Neil and Father Richard were also very flexible; we had to change the date of our ceremony and they were incredibly accommodating. We would highly recommend Interfaith Clergy Network - they truly went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Briar · Married on 01/17/2016

Cantor Berris and Deacon Goglia did a magnificent job officiating my and my husband's marriage at Westbury Manor on 1/17/2016. We were able to fully blend our religious traditions and personalize the ceremony. Both officiants were very responsive to changes, and always able to contact when needed. The Interfaith Clergy Network was recommended to me by two friends who were married by the same officiants 6 months before our wedding. I would 100% recommend the Interfaith Clergy Network.

I look forward to working with the Cantor and the Deacon in the future, regarding offspring religious celebrations.

Sent on 05/05/2016

It was a pleasure working with Cantor Berris. We had no prior relationship with him, but he took the time to get to know us—he seemed genuinely interested in our lives and our relationship. He co-officiated with a family friend of ours, and he did a wonderful job incorporating our friend into the ceremony, and making sure that both of our religions were represented. He was responsive to our requests—certain things we wanted or didn't in the ceremony—and very easy to work with. And the ceremony itself was funny, personal, and meaningful. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 12/20/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Cantor Neil Berris, we cannot say enough nice things about this man. From the very first time we contacted him it was like a breath of fresh air. Scott and I had spent a considerable amount of time researching and contacting officiants that would perform an interfaith marriage. We were in complete shock to find that although the state of marriage has evolved in this country, as have the ideas about what constitutes a marriage have evolved, it is still not acceptable in some faiths to have an interfaith marriage. We were beating our heads against the wall when trying to speak to anyone that could perform the ceremony. Then a shining light came into our world when Cantor Neil Berris agreed to perform our wedding ceremony - my husband is Jewish (reform) and I am evangelical. When we first booked Cantor Berris he suggested that we should include some representation of my faith and so we incorporated Reverend Orlando Ortiz (who is my uncle). Cantor Berris not only worked amazingly well with my uncle to finalize the wedding ceremony but he also took charge when we needed him to (no small task in my family). Beyond the efforts in the ceremony and planning process he was also incredibly kind to us and spoke freely with us about the challenges of our marriage as well as the blessings of it. We can't thank Cantor Berris enough for traveling out to fire island to perform our sunset ceremony or for being so kind to us and our families and encouraging as well. He was amazing and very appreciated.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

Cantor Berris was a wonderful person to work with! From our first phone conversation to our first meeting, he was a pleasure. Planning a wedding can have it's stressful moments, but it was lovely to work with someone so genuinely happy for us and helpful in so many ways. Our ceremony was the perfect blend of religious tradition and modern day words of blessing and encouragement. We had two ceremonies, one in a church and a second Jewish ceremony prior to our reception. Cantor Berris was accommodating and understanding of both religions and beautifully captured the Jewish tradition while understanding both faiths were present. We received many compliments and praise on Cantor Berris and I would recommend him to any friend looking for a Jewish Ceremony or interfaith ceremony.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Emily · Married on 07/11/2015

It took my husband and I a while to find an officiant/officiants that truly understood us and what we were looking for in our wedding ceremony. We wanted a pair that would represent both our faiths (I'm Catholic and he's Jewish), and honor the unique union we have together. That is exactly what we found in Cantor Berris and Father Ditzel. They were amazing from our first phone call to the day of! My favorite part about working with them was that they took great care in getting to know us individually and as a couple in order to accurate represent us on the big day. Everything was exactly how we wanted it, and both Cantor Berris and Father Ditzel were extremely reassuring throughout the entire process. After the ceremony everyone came up to us saying how beautiful it was, and how they wished they had incorporated their different faiths into their service like we had. It was simply the best. I feel so lucky to have found them to officiate on our big day!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Julia · Married on 05/31/2015

Intefaith Clergy Network came to my husband and I as a recommendation from my cousin who used the organization years back. We couldn’t be happier with how our ceremony turned out. Cantor Neil Berris was such a pleasure to work with from the very start of our engagement all the way to our wedding day. Cantor Berris and Reverend Russel Ditzel did an amazing job incorporating both of our religions into our wedding ceremony. Many of our guests said it was the best interfaith ceremony they have attended with a great balance of our religions. Both Cantor and Reverend took the time to sit down during stages of planning to discuss different aspects of our ceremony and they always made it a priority to listen to what we wanted. Unfortunately, 9 months prior to our wedding, our family suffered a tragic loss and Cantor Berris was there for us immediately in person for support, which shows just how genuine of a person he is. Interfaith Clergy Network is the way to go!

Sent on 12/29/2015
  • User5302053 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I were resigned to the fact that when we got married we would both have to sacrifice aspects of our Jewish and Catholic faiths. We nixed a church wedding and started looking for a priest and rabbi to do a joint ceremony. The results were disastrous and we started looking into non-denominational ministers. Luckily, a friend reached out with a recommendation...Interfaith Clergy Network.

We quickly jumped on a call with Cantor Neil Berris. It all seemed too good to be true after weeks of dead ends. Even our parents were super skeptical. But after meeting in person with Cantor Berris and Reverend Richard Rusconi we knew it was exactly as promised.

We worked with Cantor Berris on the ceremony script, weaving in both jewish and christian traditions, and the Ketubah. In the meantime, Reverend Rusconi worked on our dispensation with the Catholic Church, which was particularly important to my family and something we never dreamed of getting, and the marriage license.

As many couples know, there’s a lot that goes into planning a wedding, but Cantor Berris and Reverend Rusconi made their part very easy for us. By the time, the wedding day arrived, we had put our trust in their hands and had to see how it went. The result? One of the most beautiful ceremonies, in my humble opinion. The two worked together as if they had been friends all of their lives, expertly explaining different aspects of our faiths. Two months later, we’re still receiving compliments on the ceremony. They were an absolute hit, but more importantly they represented everything that our interfaith relationship stands for.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Val · Married on 05/23/2015

My ceremony was very important to me (of Catholic faith) and my fiance (of Jewish faith). During our early relationship, we were concerned that our different religions would be an obstacle to overcome as we began to build a life together. From the first encounter with Cantor Berris, we changed our minds about that completely. Cantor Berris made us realize that our different faiths made us unique and as strong as any couple and he helped us to create the interfaith ceremony of our dreams. Our families had no idea what to expect in an interfaith ceremony and frankly, neither did my husband or I. Cantor Berris provided us with premarital coaching via Skype on several occasions that got us through our most challenging wedding-planning stresses! Reverend Ditzell was an incredible co-officiant with Cantor Berris and the pair worked amazing together--professional, light-hearted, passionate about their mission and they took the lead. The result was a divine ceremony that our friends and family keep commenting on "the best ceremony I've ever been to!". It was incredibly personalized, moving and romantic and I highly recommend Interfaith Clergy Services to any couple who is unsure where to begin!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Katie · Married on 11/08/2014

I have never before attended a wedding where everyone had so many genuine compliments about the ceremony! The first thing guests said to us was that the ceremony was so beautiful & the officiants, Cantor Neil Berris & Monsignor Richard Rusconi, were amazing, sweet & even funny. Catholics, Jewish people & even non-religious people all loved the way our traditions were combined so smoothly & with respect. My husband & I & our families were so touched by the officiants kind words & demeanor, & the overall loveliness of the ceremony.
    Before finding Interfaith Clergy online, my fiancé & I were nervous about finding Catholic & Jewish officiants who would work together. I had spoken to the priest at my church & I was very unhappy with his attitude. My fiance’s rabbi was ill. We found this service while googling interfaith weddings, but I was somewhat skeptical about using a service we found online. However, right away Cantor Berris showed me that he is a good person who really wants to help people. He traveled to meet with us at my parent’s house & we were all very pleased. He asked us about our relationship & things that were important to us in a ceremony. Monsignor Rusconi, the Catholic representative for our ceremony, traveled to meet us at Steve’s parent’s house. He is equally as wonderful, & he assured me that our marriage would be officially recognized by the Catholic Church. He is a retired monsignor, in good st&ing with the Roman Catholic Church.
    After booking we continued to receive regular communications from them. Cantor Berris helped us find beautiful ketubahs from artist Karla Gudeon. Monsignor Rusconi helped us ensure all of our marriage license paperwork was in order.
    My husband & I were so happy & relieved that we found such kind, open-minded religious figures to marry us. Thanks to Cantor Berris & Monsignor Rusconi we had a beautiful, memorable, religious ceremony that families, friends, & my husband & I will always happily remember.

Sent on 11/28/2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/05/2013

I was raised Roman Catholic and my husband was raised Jewish but neither of us are especially religious. We had a really difficult time figuring out how to honor the traditions of our cultures/religions without being overtly religious. When I spoke to Cantor Neil Berris for the first time, we spoke for an hour and I told him all about our concerns and the pressure we were getting from families. He was so understanding and kind and my husband and I were so impressed with him when we met in-person to go over our options. Throughout the wedding planning process, the Cantor was very easy to get in touch with and very open to our constant questions, edits to the ceremony and special requests. We had the Cantor and Reverend Gambuzza officiate our ceremony and it was just perfect. It's been over a month and people are still RAVING about how beautiful, meaningful and different our ceremony was. I've had at least 5 of our single friends ask for the companies' details because they want a ceremony just like ours. It was so special and it was a perfect representation of us as a couple and a tribute to both of our families.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Renata · Married on 08/04/2013

Cantor Neil Berris allowed us to personalize the ceremony as we chose. He met with us at our home to discuss everything! He was personabale, great and always had a smile!

We had a few guests tell us that he was the best they've seen!

Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Great organization. Cantor Berris was like our grandfather. We felt like we knew him for years. It was an incredible, interfaith ceremony.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/18/2012

Rabbi Claire Green and Father Frank Maione performed our interfaith ceremony. Every detail of the ceremony was beautiful!! Rabbi Green took the time to communicate all the aspects and was a pleasure to work with. The energy and passion they both brought to the ceremony was welcoming and will never be forgotten.

Sent on 11/20/2012

We had Rabbi Paul Swerdlow and Father John Malone co-officiate our wedding ceremony. They work together full-time during the week at the VA Hospital on Long Island, and often perfom weddings together on weekends. When we met them we immediately knew that we wanted them to officiate at our ceremony. The priest even said he would throw in an Irish Blessing knowing that my husband's grandmother was Irish. The cermomy flowed so nicely, with Rabbi Swerdlow and Father Malone taking turns leading the ceremony. It was just as we had expected. Many of our guests said that they had never seen an interfaith ceremony before and they were so impressed.

Sent on 09/22/2012

Larry · Married on 04/06/2012

what a wonderful service interfaith clergy has going on...after filling out an inquiry form online I quickly received a call back from Rabbi Berris, who assured me that despite the calendar difficulties our wedding date brought on (good friday/day before passover) he would find the right officiants for us...I can say with confidence that he did not disappoint, setting us up with Father John Malone and his son Cantor Neil Berris who both did a spectacular job working with us to plan the ceremony & in officiating over it...truly a great service to check out if you're looking for a priest/rabbi tandem for your ceremony

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • Christi

Christi · Married on 10/22/2011

After all the time I spent worrying about our interfaith ceremony, it was actually the easiest thing to plan thanks to ICN. We had Cantor Berris and Father Maione, and they seemlessly worked together to make our wedding beautiful, traditonal, and unique. Everyone cried!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Jill · Married on 10/21/2011

We are an interfaith couple and were married by a Priest and a Rabbi. We found Interfaith Clergy and couldn't be happier. Father Maione and Rabbi Berris have been working together for a very long time and they know exactly what they are doing. There ceremony was beautiful and they were open to add anything we wanted to make it more personal. They are true professionals and we got many compliments on our ceremony.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Anna · Married on 06/12/2011

I can't tell you how much my husband and I and all our guests enjoyed the interfaith ceremony performed by Dr. Joe and Rabbi Berris. It was definitely our favorite part of the wedding and everyone commented on how special it was. From the time we first met Dr. Joe in October to our wedding in June, we always felt a special connection with him. During our initial meeting, he really took the time to get to know us and learn about our relationship. And because he’s also a licensed therapist, you get a sense that he’s really listening while also providing meaningful insights. I hope our relationship with him continues for years to come.

Sent on 06/23/2011
  • W

Olya · Married on 07/17/2010

Rabbi Berris and Father Maione are pioneers in interfaith weddings in NJ. They created a beautiful, warm, ceremony for us. Many guests commented on how well they combined elements from both of our religions. I have recommended and will continue to recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 07/31/2010

Amanda · Married on 07/17/2010

Rabbi Berris was recommended for my brother's wedding by the woman who Bar-Mitzvahed him...he, like my husband and I, wanted a Rabbi and a Priest for his interfaith marriage. The ceremony was soo seamless that you could tell Rabbi Berris and Father Maione have done this together a time or two! They practically finished each other's sentences! It was great to have a little something from each faith, without the ceremony being very religious feeling. They were great to work with, very professional, and extremely responsive during the planning stages!!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Kirsten · Married on 06/19/2010

Rabbi Berris was a joy to work with!

My boss is a priest, and we struggled to find a rabbi who would help us. After a conference call with Rabbi Berris, we knew we had found the right person!

We did a little customization, but used his ceremony and filled in the blanks - it was perfect!

He even provided a gorgeous interfaith ketubah that is hanging in our living room now.

Sent on 11/19/2010