5 Reviews for InterContinental San Juan

Premium Liquor (1)
House Liquor (1)
Parking (1)
Valet (1)

So... My wedding at another hotel was canceled one month before the big day due to renovations being moved up. And that was just one of a million other things that went majorly wrong leading up to my wedding. But what did go right??.... Joel! I thought my dream wedding would remain a dream until we moved our venue and guest rooms to the Intercontinental with Joel's help. My wedding, and my entire stay at the intercontinental was amazing. They have the best and friendliest staff, life-changing frozen mojitos (if you have never had them) and damn good food. Especially the fish tacos! I would not change a single thing about our whole experience with this hotel. I don't know why there aren't many other reviews, which made me hesitant before booking, but wow. The hotel is awesome. If your looking for a wedding venue, guest rooms, or just a place to vacation, this is it. And for those considering the hotel as your wedding venue, let me touch on some things that were important to us. 1) food. No one ever says they had phenomenal wedding food. Now I can say that I have. Everything served at the cocktail hour was amazing. The churrasco was beyond words and the Caribbean potato salad was.. I am seriously running out of words here.. Amazing also! Oh and the coconut flan. 2) venue. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on the boardwalk. We had the ocean breeze and a fantastic sunset. We had Palm trees and string lights. What more could you ask for? 3) hotel. Convenient location, amazing beach property, great rooms, great staff, private cabanas, bars and pool stayed open late, great breakfast, great food all around. No one wanted to leave. Including us! Thank you so much to Joel and the intercontinental!!

Profile Picture Amanda , 7/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I just had my wedding at the Intercontinental and it was worth every single dime! First, the service. Any review you read about this venue should mention the service. You are truly treated like royalty the minute you even pull up to the entrance. Second, the execution is seamless. From the moment I checked in, I didn’t worry about a thing. Joel Perdomo, made my husband and I and all our guests feel like we were the centers of the universe! Whatever we needed, he was right there to get it taken care of. Our wedding ceremony was right on the boardwalk. If you want a quiet walk down the aisle and super intimate ceremony, this probably isn’t the place for you. My husband and I along with our guests, enjoyed the attention from the other guests haha. The reception and cocktail hour, however, were VERY exclusive and intimate. The staff was great. The food was amazing. And the drinks were AWESOME. As the venue is right on the beach, our guests were able to wander out to the beach and come right back in and continue partying. They also stayed at the hotel (most of them) which made it a smooth transition when the open bar really started flowing haha. An important note is that this venue has a salon downstairs. The ladies who work there (looking at you Susan!) are AWESOME. Very kind, patient and welcoming. They took great care of myself, my mom and all 6 of my bridesmaids and made us look gorgeous on the day of the wedding. My stylist did an amazing job and I’m forever thankful for her. Overall, I highly recommend this venue! They’ll take great care of you!

Profile Picture Latisha, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet

The staff was was great about catering to our needs and was very accommodating. We planned our wedding from Maryland and though I had some appprehensions, the event manager went the extra mile to put me at ease. Our guests are still calling and sending messages to tell us about how beautiful our wedding day was!

Profile Picture Krystle, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The InterContinental was great value for the money. We had a fantastic room with pool and beach views and our guests had access to the balcony/patio throughout the event. The food was way better than I expected or have had at other large weddings, and the service was great (and ultimately people will remember the service more than the food at a wedding). They were extremely flexible and accommodating to our request to not end the party too early. We wanted people to be able to dance until 2am or later and they arranged it so we could pay by the hour for each our past the basic package. Everyone we worked with (Estela S., Fernando S.) was responsive and very helpful.

Profile Picture sancheztini, 4/11/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings