38 Reviews for Inspiration & Design Photography

Engagement Shoot (3)
Proofs (3)
One Event/Day (1)
Flush Mount (1)

Tess was AMAZING. She was totally able to capture our personalities and gave us everything we asked for PLUS more! The pictures were not over-edited and turned out beautiful. We were instantly comfortable with her and had no problem warming up to the camera. I will definitely be using Tess for my future photo shoots!

Profile Picture Brandi, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow...... is all I can say about Tess and her work!!! She is an extremely talented photographer who is very detailed and thorough in everything she does. Without Tess, my wedding would not have been what I've always dreamt of. In fact Tess helped me in many ways more then what a photographer does. She doesn't just photograph, she has such a passion behind it and TRULY cares!!! I love you Tess and I am FOREVER greatful for you, your work and providing only the very best!! Thank you greatly!! ??

Profile Picture Alexandra, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Simply put, Tess is amazing! We are beyond happy to have had a wonderful photography experience during our wedding. She not only delivers high quality photographs, she also genuinely cares for her clients. Tess took the time to meet me and my fiance at the venue and she was really helpful with the layout and decor items. We even borrowed a few of her decorations! She is very responsive and kept us on track in selecting photos after our honeymoon. Tess takes so much pride in her work and she went above and beyond to capture the best moments of our fall themed wedding. My fiance and I are really big on photos and Tess delivered! We don't regret not having a video because she captured everything in our photos. We are so happy to look at our beautiful wedding photos and remember the beginning of a blessed union; with so much love shared between us, family and good friends! Thanks so much Tess!

Profile Picture Paulina, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The pictures speak for themselves! We were so pleased with the way they turned out. The day of schedule that she created was an invaluable asset and really helped the day go by smoothly. Her turnaround time was outstanding! We got so many compliments and are so glad we will be able to cherish our photos for years to come!

Profile Picture User7427721, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! If magazine quality images are what you desire then this is the photographer you want to hire! My husband and I absolutely LOVE TESS! She took the time to get to know us from the first meeting, and every meeting after that was like getting together with an old friend. She talked to us about considering a first look before the ceremony, and it was the best decision that we could have made. It maximized our photography time, and we were able to get pictures of every thing we imagined. The services that Tess provided for us included an engagement photo session, wedding day with two shooters, and an amazing wedding album. The memories that she captured will last beyond our life time and I'm proud to pass them on to generations to come. Tess thank you for everything that you have done XOXO K&J

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

Deborah has an amazing talent capturing moments which is what you want on a special event. She did a great job capturing my engagement this past weekend. Deborah is prompt and extremely professional and was able to be available on such a short notice. Thank you for capturing the essence of this special day with all its laughter, emotions and love perfectly!

Profile Picture User7020258, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tess is amazing! Not only does she have an amazingly creative mind and captures all of your best moments, but she is so easy to work with. She has a true passion for what she does and she cares so much about making her clients happy. She is always efficient about getting right back to you and your questions. Seriously, if you are looking for a photographer for your big day, Inspiration and Design Photography is your answer!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Prints
4.7

Vendor was very easy to work with and has a great personality. She is quick to reply to emails and does listen very well to what you want. Photos were gorgeous, I loved them. I felt pretty stressed out on the wedding day because it seemed that she and her assistant were a little high strung but we did have a very tight schedule. She got all the photos I asked for on the wedding day, which is why it was so stressful, I had a large party. I thought she did a great job and I would definitely recommend her to a friend. It was definitely worth every penny.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Where do I start? Tess is an absolutely amazing photographer and an even better person! Tess worked to shoot multiple events for us and most recently our engagement photos and surprise birthday party. There are many people that take great photos; what separates Tess is her attitude, passion and caring for what she does. Via her quick responses and positive attitude, Tess made it clear from day one that she was someone special.

With pictures, I think the most important thing is how you feel when during the shoot. This is the only way to truly capture wonderful memories. Tess made us feel happy, special and like we were able to be natural. She was also extremely flexible taking great care to ensure that this was our day and that we needed to get what we needed. Afterward, we agreed that Tess became like a part of our family. Thank you Tess for everything! I highly recommend working with Tess for your next special occasion. You will not regret it!

Profile Picture User6006441, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Tess was awesome! She was very organized and created a schedule that worked around all of the quirks of our venue. She also adapted to our incredibly rainy day and created beautiful photos with great lighting. We were very lucky to have her there and her assistant worked with her seamlessly. We also received our edited photos very quickly and we loved having a blog post to look out even earlier!
Highly recommend this professional yet fun photographer!

Profile Picture Elly, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

To put it simply, Tess was amazing and a breeze to work with. Despite the less than ideal weather conditions, we thought all the pictures she took turned out amazing! Her skilfull directions, posing, and pictures cues resulted in natural looking photos that captured each moment perfectly.

Profile Picture Scott, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Digital Files, Proofs

Tess is the most amazing and talented photographer I have ever met! I knew she was special when I first started searching for a wedding photographer when I read through her "About Me" section on her website. The attention to detail to even describe herself let me know she would do the same work on her photos. When we met with her she was so welcoming and we instantly had a bond and I knew she was the right photographer for our all of our wedding-related events. I have had nothing but AMAZING compliments on all our engagement, bridal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding photos. Tess has such great knowledge in photography whether it be catching the correct lighting or her way of telling a story with each picture. Not only is she a great photographer, she is organized and professional. She was a photographer and almost-wedding planner rolled into one--reaching out to my vendors and telling me "You have enough on your plate!" and making me feel so much less stressed during the final details in the last month before the wedding. She is a wonderful person to be around, always makes you laugh, and makes you feel so comfortable when being photographed. I now have the most cherishing moments and memories from our wedding day captured thanks to Tess! We have also gained an amazing friend and I look forward to using her again in the future for any other events we may need! We cannot wait to see how she tells the story in our wedding album! Thank you Tess!

Profile Picture Kara, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tess is simply an awesome photographer...she did a wonderful job of capturing our family celebration professionally and she is just fun to work with. She LOVES the art of photography and one sees this in the beautiful photos she presented from our daughter's wedding day.

Profile Picture User4906252, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Both Tess and her assistant did a great job of capturing all of the special moments and memories of my March wedding. I would highly recommend her for both her professionalism and personalized approach to making sure no details were forgotten!

Profile Picture User4991545, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Absolutely loved working with Tess!! She was truly a blessing!! I am beyond pleased with her work, she is truly talented and so creative in her work! She will forever hold a spot in my heart!!

Profile Picture Holland, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tess is the absolute best photographer!

We were blessed enough to win her annual wedding package contest and it was truly a great experience from start to finish. During our first meeting with Tess, I felt completely confident that she would capture all the elements of our day and do so in an artistic manner. Tess has an eye and a knack for using natural surroundings. Our ceremony and reception were both outdoors so we couldn't have had a better photographer. Dee(Tess' 2nd photographer) captured our day with the same professionalism, creativity and patience as Tess. Choose Tess if you want someone who is passionate about weddings, professional and awesome! We'll definitely use her again for upcoming events! :-)

Profile Picture Elisa, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

What an amazing experience it was to work with Debrah ! From the moment we first met with her, we knew that we wanted to hire her for our wedding. Debrah immediately made us feel very comfortable and was all about what we needed to make our day the best. She is fun, fun, fun, extremely organized, detailed oriented and you can see that in her work. I loved that she suggested creating Pinterest boards with photo ideas - she incorporated this into both our engagement and wedding photos along with her own creative spin.

When Debrah photographed our engagement session it was so much fun and the pictures were amazing She makes it easy to relax and not think about the fact that you are posing for pictures. She designed a beautiful guest book using our engagement photos. Our guests loved the guest book and we still receive many compliments about it.

On our wedding day she showed up early, had a great attitude all through and the photos- WOW ! We could not have asked for more perfect photos to capture our day. We cannot wait for Debrah to design our wedding album because we know it is going to be amazing. Dee her assistant was a lot of fun as well and they worked very well together. We highly recommend Debrah if you want the best photographer for your wedding- thank you for capturing the memories of our day.

Profile Picture Cz, 7/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Miss Debrah! She was so sweet, personable, flexible, and nice to work with. She photographed a boudoir photo session for me, and I could not be happier with how the photos turned out. Doing a boudoir shoot was very far out of my comfort zone initially, but I knew that I wanted to surprise my fiance with an album of photos that he could treasure forever. Debrah made the entire experience comfortable for me and so fun! I am so excited to give my fiance the album of photos on our wedding day in a few weeks! :) I know that he will love them! Thank you, Debrah, for working with me and giving me the most lovely photos. The entire process gave me so much more confidence in myself, and your photos made me feel so beautiful. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Debrah is the most creative and talented photographer! She photographed a boudoir shoot for me so that I could give my fiancé an album of photos on our wedding day! I'm so excited to surprise him with this beautiful album that Debrah created. She is the most kind, flexible, and fun photographer to work with! She made something that was initially out of my comfort zone into something that was relaxed, comfortable, and fun!! The entire process was wonderful, and I cannot say enough good things about this sweet lady! Thank you for making me feel beautiful and confident and for giving me such a wonderful gift to surprise my future husband with :)

Profile Picture User4339566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding photos are beyond what we expected they'd be. Absolutely gorgeous! We also really enjoyed working with Tess Woods and her assistant. My husband and I were so comfortable around them and they brought so much joy and fun to the day.

Profile Picture Elisa, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was an absolute pleasure working with Tess for my wedding at the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo, NC :) From the very first email exchange and phone call, I already felt so comfortable working with her!

Because we reached out to her over a year before our wedding date, I sincerely appreciated her checking in with us as often as she did to make sure everything was on track. Tess is so personable and communicative - I felt that she understood exactly what we wanted out of our photos that day.

The day of our wedding, Tess brought her assistant Dee (who, btw, was such a delight to work with!). They made such a great team and spent a majority of the day with us. They took photos before the ceremony, during, and after, until almost the end of the reception. They were able to capture all the family and friend shots we needed, and we were left with a good amount of time for creative, artistic, and romantic shots as well.

The turnaround time to receive our photos was incredible! We received an email from Tess saying they were ready right when we came home from our honeymoon. It was such a wonderful surprise! Not to mention, all of the photos turned out to be absolutely beautiful! We were so excited to share them with our family and friends and have not stopped receiving compliments on how amazing they are :)

Tess' lovely personality, professionalism, skill, and artistic eye were all deeply appreciated. (Thank you so much!) If you're in need of a wonderful wedding photographer, say YES to TESS! :)

Profile Picture User3218179, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tess is amazing!!! I'm so lucky to have had her shoot our wedding, she capture great moments. She's fun to work with and makes you feel super comfortable. She's one of the most kindest and sweetest ladies I've come across! And is always happy and has very warm personality. It shows she loves what she does. Thank you Tess for all that you've done for us! Looking forward to working with you again!!

Profile Picture Denise, 5/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tess and her assistant, Dee, were excellent on our wedding day! Even though the girls were late finishing getting ready, they rolled with the flow and still got amazing pictures. We are so happy with the quality of pictures. We were very happy with her service and Tess is such a fun person to be around that it definitely helped relieve some stress of the day!

Profile Picture Kandis, 4/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER!!! When I started wedding planning I looked through countless profiles and contacted several other photographers but when I spoke with Tess at Inspiration & Design Photography I knew she was the one! She was able to understand what I wanted and was excited about making it happen. At the initial meeting we were given everything we needed, we spent time talking about style, colors, etc... and extra time was taken out to get to know us as people, we left feeling like more than just another customer. She went over contract details/fees so that there were no hidden surprises at the end, this is a big one for us as we have encountered so many hidden extras during the wedding planning process. She is always organized & punctual, we had down to the minute schedules for shoots and a clear understanding of when/where things were going to take place. The upfront & professional manner in which everything has been handled is so appreciated! I have never felt more comfortable with someone taking my photo, I went from freezing up hardly able to smile when someone pointed a camera at me to doing a boudoir session and ordering an album for my hubby as a wedding gift! My sweetie is not the most emotional person and camera shy doesn't even begin to explain it... now I have some wonderful photos of/with my sweetheart because the time was taken to make that special connection with him. I could go on forever as to how great our experience has been! Choosing Inspiration & Design Photography will be the best choice you make, other than getting married to your sweetheart of course, I promise the outcome will be amazing! Congratulations, good luck and happy planning!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Inspiration and Design Photography photographed my wedding on June 28, 2013. The level of professionalism was amazing throughout the entire process. My husband was in the military and we had to reschedule a few times as well as give short notice as to our wedding date. Tess handled it very well and remained open, flexible, and responsive throughout the entire process. She was more than accommodating and made sure to ask a lot of questions on what my expectations were the day of the wedding. She wanted to ensure she shot all the important elements in our wedding that had special significance to me and my husband.
Her level of organization and attention to detail was sublime: She came with a checklist in hand that included my wishlist photos as well as contact information, addresses, and timetables. This enabled her to flow with the day so we didn’t have to worry or stress about our photographer missing a moment or picture. During the day, she helped to guide perfect poses for me and my husband to get quality photos but also allowed for candid moments to happen around us. She wasn’t obtrusive or get in the way at all. It was a perfect blend.
My husband and I eagerly awaited the photos. She was quick to provide a preview on her blog with a story of our wedding day. It was nice to get a taste of the photos and the highlight reel while she finished working on the rest. Her photography skill is amazing and high quality. Her attention to detail is apparent here as well: her clean lines, composition, lighting, and posing are amazing. We felt so comfortable with her that our photos turned out exactly how we wanted them. They had a soft, vintage romance that will be a treasured part of our day for the rest of our lives. We couldn’t be happier and highly recommend her talent to any bride or groom looking for a great photographer to capture the best day of their lives.
Cheers,