Innovative Gourmet Reviews

Innovative Gourmet 2
Innovative Gourmet 3
Innovative Gourmet 4

Jennifer · Married on 03/19/2016

Wedding food is normally boring and bland, but my husband and I wanted to break out of the wedding mold. We're so glad we chose Innovative Gourmet because they definitely exceeded our expectations for unique, inspired, DELICIOUS food! Kim Koppel was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish - she was seriously like an extra wedding planner! She is extremely organized and his meticulous when it comes to working out the details. We told Kim that we wanted to have a German-inspired menu and her team didn't disappoint. At the tasting, my husband and I had a few suggestions to help make the meal a little more German authentic and the chef not only took the suggestion, but went above and beyond to make the dish even better (and it was already damned good!). Everyone at the wedding raved about the uniqueness of the food, the quality of preparation, and the quantity. I wish I was hungrier because I couldn't even eat everything!

Innovative is not only a food preparer, though. The event manager made sure the ENTIRE evening ran smoothly and seamlessly coordinated with the other vendors. Set-up was a breeze and the venue looked amazing. The bar servers were super friendly and jovial, the waitstaff was awesome (shout out to Renee! So many people mentioned her by name due to her excellent service!), and clean up was insanely thorough and fast. My husband and I had what seemed like a dedicated server all to ourselves for the entire night. Our plates and cups were NEVER empty and we NEVER had to ask for a single thing! The staff even made us up a dessert plate because we were so busy dancing that we missed dessert service!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Kim, Maria (the owner), and the amazing team for ensuring that our wedding night was an amazing and memorable experience. :)

Sent on 05/22/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/01/2003

3.5

My caterer was wonderful to work with, and an absolute joy on the wedding day. We had a phenomenal day!!! The food was awesome, and they even made the cake as well, which was delicious. My event planner, Kim, was fun to work with and really made me feel important. She was great about communication and helpful in the last minute rush before the wedding. The staff at the wedding was so polite, my guests even commented on how nice they all were. Oh, and did I mention the food was soooo good. They even gave us a care package to take home to enjoy. We also had amazing fruit carvings, made from watermelon...it was beautiful.

Sent on 08/26/2008

Jillian · Married on 05/30/2009

3.0

WE LOVED OUR CATERER! They were always, always, always available via phone or e-mail and would get back to you promptly and if they had something to clarify or let you know, they always kept you up to date on things! I felt like I had my own personal wedding planner when I had not even hired one! The linens, china and food are amazing and offer a lot of selection. I wanted food that wasn't too "typical" at my wedding but I knew everyone would love. I didn't want the same "steak and cake" wedding dinner. Our hors'd'oeveurs were awesome! I highly recommend this caterer for foor/bar.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Brittany · Married on 04/25/2008

Innovative Gourmet was a good choice for our wedding. I was able to meet with the coordinator several times. She helped me work out a reasonable budget. The first meeting was a tasting, which helped me choose them over other caterers. I am not use to paying for all of a service before the services have been done. I understand a deposit. They were not flexible with that at all. I had to pay 100% of the cost before they would even show up to my venue the day of the wedding. The staff was very helpful throughout the reception and waited on my husband and I as well as my mother. They were all very professional. I would use this caterer again because their services were outstanding. My cake person backed out about a month before the wedding, and Innovative Gourmet ended up doing it for me. I gave them a picture and the cake looked jsut like the picture. It also tasted very good. At the end of the evening the caterer wrapped up all of the left overs, which allowed my husband and I to eat very well for about two weeks.

Sent on 05/15/2008

Pam · Married on 10/17/2008

4.2
      1.0

I received many compliments from my guests about the quality of the dinner...filet and crab cake were awesome! Also, the service was excellent. The staff followed me and my husband around as we had our pictures taken so that we could sample some of the appetizers. Our coordinator was difficult to communicate with in the beginning and was not responsive. She didn't give me a good "warm and fuzzy" feeling that I would have liked, but when the wedding day came, she was prepared and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Alex · Married on 07/24/2010

3.0

On the day of the event, they delivered excellent and very tasty food. Unfortunately they gave us headaches getting to that point. They seemed disorganized in our meetings with them. Back in May, despite the broken air conditioning in their office, they stretched what could have been a 30 minute appointment into a two-hour affair. We would settle one topic, but they would forget to take notes, and then we’d have to cover the same thing again. They were also quite expensive, including large service fees in addition to the ~$80 cost per plate.

To be clear, Innovative delivered an excellent product on the day of the event, and we heard nothing but praise from our guests.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/04/2009

3.5

The food was great, the cake was delicious. The tables looked beautiful with the linens, and the company worked hard to make everything flow smoothly. The only problem was the head of the event left after the dinner and didn't inform the staff about putting out the favors or decorating the cake.

Sent on 06/24/2009

Jennie · Married on 05/29/2016

3.6
      3.0

Innovative Gourmet: The food was absolutely delicious. One of my friends came up to me during the reception and said, “wedding food always sucks. How did you get it to be so good?!” Our breakfast for dinner buffet had tons of variety and got rave reviews—top hits were the Bistro Loin of Beef and French Toast Terrine. Even as I enjoy the leftovers several days later, everything is still so tasty!! The only negative would be Maria, the owner, who got some mixed reviews. Some guests who interacted with her said she was rude and dismissive. In working with her during the planning process, we recognized her strong personality, which sometimes comes across as pushy, but this is linked to her years of experience in event coordination. We trusted her expertise but still sometimes felt put off by her approach. The customer service can best be described as: They will do anything for you—for a price. When we picked out linens, Maria was evasive when we asked about pricing. It wasn’t until the final bill was sent that we knew what we were being charged for the tablecloths and napkins we selected. In sum, with Innovative Gourmet, the food gets a 10, but the customer service gets a 6 or 7.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2009

2.6
      2.0
      2.5

Innovative Gourmet was great to work with right up until our wedding day. The day of our wedding they were an hour late showing up and the groomsmen had to set up the reception site. One of the caterers talked loudly on a cell phone during the ceremony and yelled "Happy Birthday" continuously through out the day. Our wedding cake was a small disaster. It was cracking, crooked, and close to falling over. When my husband and I went to cut the cake the entire thing almost toppled over.

Sent on 06/16/2009
  • F

Chinyere · Married on 06/17/2006

2.6
      3.0

They were okay. The food looked and tasted different on the wedding day from what we were served at the food tasting. The cake was very good though.

Sent on 07/22/2008