The Inn at Vint Hill Reviews

63 | Warrenton, VA

63 Reviews for The Inn at Vint Hill

Jane · Married on 06/02/2019

Excellent venue

The Inn at Vint Hill is a wonderful place. and reasonably priced compared to others we looked at. The owners are extremely personable and will help you plan everything (thank you). We were glad to have a venue so close to our home that meant something to us.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • W

Will · Married on 05/13/2016

We decided on The Inn at Vint Hill for our May 2016 wedding site and couldn't be more pleased with how the day turned out. What initially won us over was how welcoming the owners were. Jim and Dawn were wonderful to work with leading up to and including the day of. The Inn itself is a welcoming place with a lot of space to work with. And the food was certainly above par. But what we appreciated the most was that we had the run of the place beginning at 10am. They only book one event a day and we enjoyed that there weren't too many restrictions on what was permitted. We had a photo booth and karaoke in addition to the standard music and dancing... The owners encouraged us to make the day and the entertainment our own. The Inn was also extremely flexible on the wedding day. They were able to set up chairs for an outdoor ceremony only 2 hours before when it appeared the rain would end. To summarize, we highly recommend The Inn to anyone planning a wedding or special event. They kept the planning stress free and helped make our wedding day very special for us.

Sent on 06/08/2016

The staff is very helpful, response time is really fast. I communicated with Jim Kelly 99.9% of time, he is amazing!!! Super nice and very helpful and gets back to you within the same day. The only real problem I had was my wedding day. I had paid for kids meals and requested them for the reception and they did not have them. We were also told that throughout the day there would be snacks for the bridal party during the day while getting ready and there was nothing.

Sent on 10/08/2015

I can't even begin to to tell you how good the food at the Inn at Vint Hill is, how nice and helpful the owners are, and how many compliments we received from our guests on "the best wedding food we've ever had." We seriously had numerous people tell us that and we definitely agree. We even had one of the "lower budget" menus, and it was delicious and presented beautifully. Scott is an incredible chef!
    The owners were gracious and very accommodating. They worked with us to help keep the menu cost within our budget and to organize the day's events. There were a few times they were slow in returning a phone call or email; however, their willingness to work with us in most any way they could made up for it. Dawn went above and beyond to help my daughter create the wedding day she dreamed of.
    The venue itself is lovely. The historic home has a number of rooms in which to spread out the celebration. Having the celebration inside the house made it feel like we were entertaining in our home. Our guests commented that it made it feel like a welcoming, intimate setting even though there were 150 people there. And having the second floor available for the bridal party to get ready in made the day even more enjoyable. We especially loved the sun room area -- so relaxing!
    The new tent installed on the back lawn was wonderful. We held the ceremony in the tent and appreciated not having to worry about the weather. Then while we enjoyed the scrumptious dinner in the house, the Vint Hill team re-set the tent area for dancing and cake. They took care of it seamlessly and helped make the reception time run smoothly.
    Overall, we were very pleased with having chosen the Inn at Vint Hill for our daughter's wedding. I'm trying to think of another excuse to get back there and enjoy their caramelized Brie!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Valerie · Married on 06/27/2014

The Inn at Vint Hill was a dream location for our wedding!! The venue is gorgeous and the food is amazing! There was some miscommunication about a couple minor details however these did not negatively affect the wedding but just make sure everyone is on the same page about everything. We couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 07/23/2014

3.5

The Inn at Vint Hill made our wedding. My husband and I loved the staff most of all: they are down to earth people who are in the event business for all of the right reasons. The wedding itself was perfect- the Inn went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly and the food...my guests still rave about it!!

Sent on 10/25/2014

3.0

Working with the Inn at Vint Hill was the highlight of my wedding planning experience. The owners (Dawn and Scott) were just pleasant, down-to-earth people who quickly put my worrying mind at ease. Even though at times it was difficult to get in touch with them, at least via email, they were always about 10 steps ahead of me during the planning process. The day of, the entire staff was prepared to tend to our every need. Rob, the bartender, made us sangria on the fly and Dawn made up some lunchtime wraps to make sure we ate something prior to the ceremony, all at no extra cost. The food was fantastic, the Inn was beautiful and the service was on-point. Definitely a best-value venue in the northern VA area. My husband and I would not hesitate to hold another event at the Inn at Vint Hill!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Victoria · Married on 12/29/2007

3.0

I would HIGHLY recommend not only using the Inn at Vint Hill for catering, but for a reception venue as well. My husband and I had our reception here and it was absolutely gorgeous! The staff at the Inn were so willing to do anything to accomodate us with anything and everything we needed. And the food was absolutely exceptional. We were very impressed.

Sent on 05/07/2008

Ellen · Married on 06/18/2016

My daughter's wedding was in June & our experience at Vint Hill from the day we walked in on Jim (unannounced - thank you Jim for being so gracious), to the planning with Dawn & Rob, to the spectacular day, was truly amazing. We were made to feel unique and special, and their caring was very sincere. Completely flexible - it was always "whatever you would like". Value by far is unmatched! Every detail was met and with some extras not asked for thrown in. They truly took care of us. I would highly recommend the Inn at Vint Hill for any occasion. Big thanks to all of you!

Sent on 09/04/2016

We were so excited to have our wedding at The Inn at Vint Hill!! this is a beautiful venue. The food is the best wedding food I have ever tasted. The staff was really nice during all our meetings. I had a few issues we were told that we could set up our reception decorations after the rehearsal dinner, but none of the tables were put together so we had to do it the morning of the wedding. Some of the tables they didn't put out until 1:00 in the afternoon and my mom was setting everything up and was part of the wedding so she convinced them to set up the buffet tables earlier. We were told there would be snacks served to our wedding party during the day when we got ready and there was nothing. When we asked about it we were told "we don't do that" ( I referred a wedding Kristen and Mat to the Inn and they were served snacks all day) We also paid for kids meals for the reception and when I asked where they were the answer was we don't have them. My kids went pretty much went without eating the whole day and night. I didn't bring anything with me because I was told that would be taken care of. I communicated most with Jim Kelly (who is amazing!!!) but he was not there the day of so I feel like a lot of what we discussed was not passed along. Robby the bartender was great! Our guests are still raving about him. I also noticed the Inn posts a little congratulations shout out to all the couples with pictures from their wedding on Facebook. We didn't get anything like this, I just feel we were treated differently then most couples that had wedding there, which was a little disappointing because of all the money and time we put in. My mom had the Inn beautifully decorated for our wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2015

The folks at Vint Hill were incredibly helpful in helping us plan our event, and they were very responsive with email responses to all the many questions we had. They offered to prepare food for us for the day of the wedding, provided vases and candles for the tables for us to use, and were great at planning the menu with us. I rated them as a 4 and not a 5 because I felt that some of that responsiveness and professionalism was lacking on the day of the wedding itself. The bridesmaids had to ask multiple times for things that should have been attended to by the staff - filling the flower vases provided with water, bringing up lunch food at a time when people could eat it before pictures, organizing the sparkler send-off, which they stated their staff would help with. The day still turned out beautifully, but it could have used a little more attention to detail by the staff that day. All in all, though, a beautiful spot for an outdoor wedding - and the tent they have is really great, as well.

Sent on 10/27/2014

3.4
      2.0
      3.5

Great venue, great food. Very nice people to work with, however at times it was hard to get into contact with them or schedule a meeting. Sometimes felt like we didn't know what was going on until close to the actual event.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Pamela · Married on 12/05/2009

2.4
      2.5
      2.0
      1.5

When we started planning our wedding, the owner was such a pleasure to work with..she was upbeat and extremely sweet, just nice to work with. But the tables turned at our wedding and why? Im not sure...
    Our ceremony started at about 5:30...alcohol was not to be served until the toasts were done. They called last call at 9:30..so we were dealing with complaining guests. If we paid for a 4 hour open bar, and our ceremony was about an hour long. I spoke with a waitress with a complete attitude and they extended the open bar for another half hour, but not before asking for another $800 if we wanted the whole hour....
    Our first dance was in between tables with no room..not in the big room where the DJ was and where all the dancing was to take place, there was a table in the middle of the aisle that they refused to move so everyone had to walk around it for introductions...it wouldnt have hurt anyone to slide it a foot out of the middle of the aisle....at one point the Owner was fighting with our DJ in front of our guests, and was just downright rude to my husband, myself and members of the bridal party.
    We were also assured that favors would be put out..they were left under a table all night, and no guests got them...
    Like I said before, I am not sure what happened, and why we were treated this way. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, the place looked stunning, and the food was great according to guests. The owner even gave us a discount because money was so tight and the deadline to pay was coming up...I wasnt difficult to work with, just wanted what we paid so much money for.
    When the reception was over and it was time to come gather up everything, that was done for us and ready to go which was a huge help...except after assuring me and my bridesmaids the favors that I spent over $350 on would be passed out to my guests, they werent. They are all sitting in crates in my garage. I expected a little bit more than this on my wedding day. Nothing I can do now, but I certainly cant refer my friends and family as they were all at my wedding and saw what a complete disaster it was, and how unprofessional the staff was at times.

Sent on 12/08/2009