Inku Photography Reviews

30 | Jersey City, NJ

30 Reviews for Inku Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2015

"Pictures are worth a thousand words" right? This is especially true when they're pictures that are capturing and documenting the most important day of someone's life.

It goes without saying that you'll always hear a few horror stories from those friends' whose wedding photographers did a lousy job and they hated their pics. As if it wasn't already stressful in finding and choosing a photographer for our special day, we always had this fear in the back of our minds.

Inku was recommended to us by my husband's cousin. From the get-go, we loved the style and personality we saw come thru in his photos. They were both beautiful and different. When we had our first meeting with him, his fun and easy-going personality put us at ease. We knew this was important because we'd be dealing with our photographer a lot and we needed to feel comfortable with him or her.

We also got engagement pictures with Inku. During our session, he was a very patient teacher as he instructed us on how to pose to make us look like our best selves. My husband and I felt and acted awkward during the entire shoot, but Inku was able to make us look relaxed and amazing in the pics! We loved how our photos came out!

On the day of our wedding, Inku arrived to our house early to get pictures of me and my bridesmaids. Everyone felt comfortable and nothing was forced. During the gap between our ceremony and cocktail hour, Inku and his assistant Nick had the difficult job of wrangling up and taking pictures of us and our big and rowdy entourage. Although it was a difficult feat, both Inku and Nick were professional and patient the entire time.

Inku has an amazing eye for making special moments unique, which we already saw from our engagement pictures! We are very much anxious and looking forward to our wedding pics that Inku and Nick captured on our special day! We already know they're going to be incredible.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Adam · Married on 10/03/2014

Savant; that's how I would classify Inku. A true artist and not simply a cookie cutter wedding photographer. Prior to our wedding my wife and I "interviewed" roughly five other photographers, but Inku made the strongest impression - maybe it was our shared love for scotch - with his passion for his profession and his ability to read the personality of his couples.

Since our wedding we've hear from countless people that our photos are their favorite they've seen from any wedding. It's largely because he is an artist and capture the natural beauty of any moment. He doesn't just ask you to pose in corny positions and do what essentially every other photographer likely does. His style, I would say, is a mashup between old school Hollywood cinema and punk rock. Weird way to explain it, but to me it makes total sense.

One thing that's great is that he helps you become more natural during photo sessions. The difference between our engagement session to the 10 hours we had him for the wedding was night and day. We were not only more comfortable in front of the camera, but with him and the way his team worked with us. As I said above, Inku doesn't give you a ton of direction because he'd prefer you to be natural. I think because of this he is able to capture things that much better. That being said, he has a no-nonsense attitude that helps get things done right the first time.

I couldn't imaging our day photographed by anyone else. I would recommend him to ANYONE anywhere. Not only was he an amazing photographer, but I'd consider him a friend as well. Thanks for everything, Inku - I look at my pictures at least once a week.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2014

Inku was so fun to work with, and his work constantly impressed from start to finish. From the engagement session 4 months before our wedding, to the 10 hours he spent with us on our wedding day, Inku has an modern aesthetic, and a strong eye to find the perfect image that might be unseen to the rest of us. He's fun, laid back, and his work speaks for itself. During the vendor research process, I kept going back to Inku's website and his work, and I just knew we had to work with him. It was a decision I do not regret. I was not referred to Inku, but since we've gotten married, I have a colleague who was referred to him who will be using his services. Now I tell everyone about Inku and we can't wait to see our photos from our big day! Thank you Inku!

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/09/2013

This review is way overdue. I keep on recommending Inku as a photographer to anybody who is in the area and is willing to listen. I looked through endless photos of weddings and I kept on going back to Inku's pictures. I didn't have a specific budget for photography because I felt that is the only thing from a wedding that will last a lifetime (except your love, of course ;) ). While his prices come in a little higher than some photography studios, I assure you the quality is far and above the price he charges. I've seen the albums of a lot of great photographers in the NYC area but his pictures easily stand out above them all. I won't remember the food, the decorations of my wedding, but every day I can look at my pictures and be taken back to my special day. Inku is extremely talented in a way that can't be taught. I remember comparing wedding pictures taken in the same location by a handful of photographers and I could spot his out easily as his pictures always stand out as the best. He's got a great laid back personality, sense of humor and super approachable and flexible. But all that aside, he's a phenomenal photographer. Snatch him up if you are lucky.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Vivian · Married on 04/28/2012

Inku's photography talent is absolutely brilliant. My fiance and I were looking for a photographer for our engagement photo session. Inku was the first photographer we contacted. He responds all questions and emails promptly and I feel that he is honest. After comparing a few other photographers, we stopped looking because Inku's photographs/style are our favorite. He has a very creative and 'fearless' attitude towards photography, not afraid of trying anything new.

During our photo session, he was like a friend instead of a photographer. We walked around the location like we were hanging out and we stopped for photo shoot whenever he finds something interesting. He also listened to what we liked and wanted to do. We felt very comfortable around him without the awkwardness of being posey and restrained in certain angle.

Inku is a great person to work with. Look no further for his photography skills and talent!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Megan · Married on 10/01/2011

Inku did an amazing job! He arrived early, so he made sure he got all the shots he wanted. He was very professional and really listened to what I wanted.

Very well done!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Amy · Married on 09/24/2011

By far the best wedding vendor I had out of everyone I worked with! Had absolutely zero issues and Inku was incredibly accommodating. I had a somewhat hectic schedule on the day of and so many minor things went wrong (forgotten bouquets and bouts, hair stylist leaving without putting on my veil, etc...yikes!) but because of Inku, I had one less thing to worry about. Much of my wedding day memory is a blur but there are a couple memories that stand out -- Inku's ease and calmness despite having to shoot in what I imagine is a difficult location (inside Grand Central Station terminal) and his ability to blend into the background and take memorable shots. When I received the photos, I loved that he captured the small moments that are so easily forgotten.

For those of you that feel his prices exceed your budget. I was in the same boat, and I re-budgeted things around so I could work with him. Looking back, it was completely worth it. Trust me, the photos last much longer than those floral centerpieces, so you should have someone with true talent like Inku!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2011

If you are looking for an amazing photographer in the NJ/NY area, look no further. Inku is the best!! I booked Inku for our June 4, 2011 wedding about a year ago and from the moment we signed the contract we have been BEYOND thrilled to have Inku be involved in our special day. Although I have not seen all of the photos from the wedding, I have no doubt in my mind that they are spectacular. We had an engagement shoot with Inku and the pictures are fabulous...I never thought my new hubby and I could look so good! Aside from his wonderful talent which you can see online, he is such a nice guy. It's really important to like your photographer since you spend so much time with him/her on your wedding day....we (along with the entire bridal party) had so much fun being in Inku's photos. He made everything fun and energetic but is extremely professional and knows how to get a great shot. I highly suggest Inku, his work is amazing and he helps to make the wedding process so easy with his professionalism and warm-hearted spirit!!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Beatriz · Married on 01/15/2011

My husband and I had 1 month to plan our January 2011 wedding. We met with 6 photographers and from the start Inku was 1st out of the gate and remained a leader throughout; no one else was able to compare to his talent, fun-factor, aesthetic and cool nature. We felt like he “got us” – and that was really important as we weren’t going the traditional route. Between the sneak peaky shots (which were RIDICULOUS!), the premier album he created for us, the intimate sit down session to the delivery of our final album Inku has been nothing short of amazing. We have been so incredibly pleased with his style, professionalism and the way he’s told our wedding story. No doubt we will book him again in the future!

Thanks Inku! –Beatriz & Emerson

Sent on 08/16/2011

Mary Ann · Married on 10/29/2010

Inku truly loves his job and it shows! He did our engagement and wedding photos and we had a blast working with him. He gets excited about the pictures he takes and you can tell its his passion, not just a job.

He's modern, trendy, professional and fun! He worked around us the entire day and didn't stop us during our first dance or parent dances for any 'posed' shots which we loved. I've only seen some of our photo's from him and I can't wait for the rest, he is amazing! You will not be disappointed if you chose Inku for your wedding! A+++++

Sent on 11/10/2010

maria · Married on 08/28/2010

Inku is and was awesome.You can tell he loves what he does.He was so good my bridal attendant requested his card as she was carrying my train. He's great in every aspect and i would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/01/2010

Heather · Married on 08/27/2010

Inku is absolutely phenomenal at what he does! I was looking for a wedding photographer that was modern and trendy. He exceeded my expectations and was such a pleasure to work with. He's not intrusive and provides such great guidance to get the shot he wants. I'm normally not into taking photos but Inku made the process so easy that I was really into the picture process. The photos he took were amazing and I've gotten SO many compliments. Thanks SO much Inku....your work is greatly appreciated!

-Heather and Ralph
    8/27/10 Wedding

Sent on 09/09/2010

Cristina · Married on 07/17/2010

Inku is a great photographer. He is not pushy at all but he still takes and gets AMAZING pictures. He is not your typical photographer, he is much more creative and unique. He can make the most boring space look like an awesome backdrop and he makes everyone he is photographing feel comfortable. While he can and does do great formal shots his speciality is definitely catching the important moments that you might not even notice yourself in a more photo-journalistic way. I highly recommend him, plus he is very reasonably priced!

Sent on 07/31/2010

Anabella · Married on 03/06/2010

Inku is the best photographer ever!!!!! Everybody is talking about my wedding pictures. I don't have any idea how he did to make us look like models in our pictures. My husband is very into the photography, so it was easy for him to follow Inku's instructions. However, I am not good at all. Even though I didn't know what to do in front of a camera, Inku did an exceptional job with us.
    I saw some pictures from other weddings that he did before and every wedding is totally different.
    You have to hire him, he worth every penny that you will pay for his service.

Sent on 03/25/2010

Michaela · Married on 01/10/2010

Inku was a phenomenal wedding photographer-- from start to finish.

First of all, he was a pleasure to deal with. I had my share of frustrating experiences with other vendors surrounding my wedding, but Inku was always laid back, cooperative, and super-efficient.
    I love that he requires an engagement shoot. Not only did that provide amazing portraits of me and my husband (in normal clothes as opposed to wedding attire), but it helped us to really loosen up so that on the day of the wedding, we were ready to go in front of the camera. Additionally, the engagement shoot (or e-shoot as Inku calls it) was a good time to learn what NOT to do on your wedding day. For example, I have really long hair, and I learned that I need to be super conscious of it covering my face in pictures. Some of the shots from the e-shoot were ruined by my hair falling in my face (while others were sexy b/c of it).

Now, for the wedding itself:
    My family and friends thought that Inku was so friendly and polite, which was really great, b/c no one looks annoyed in pictures. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding with a really obnoxious photographer, and we all look like we're about to scream in the pictures. It's simple, but having a generally agreeable photographer really lessens the stress of the day.
    My ONLY criticism is that Inku might not have been pushy enough-- I'm from NYC, and my husband is from NJ, so needless to say, our wedding guests were pretty pushy, and may have ruined a few of Inku's shots.
    However, this is not to imply that there was any shortage of amazing images. I am amazed. He takes these photographs images that are beautiful, yet fun, and definitely capture the excitement of the day. Some of his photos look like fashion photography, while others are so creative and artistic. And some are just great portraits! He gave us such variety, and he did each style brilliantly.
    Also, Inku really gives his clients so much attention. If you look at his blog (inkuphotoblog.com), you'll see that he often makes these slideshows on Vimeo within a few weeks of the wedding. That is just him being awesome!! He doesn't have to! He never said he would!! He just does it b/c he cares about his clients, and wants to give them great ways to enjoy his work. Not only did I watch it a million times while waiting to receive the proofs (which I got about a month later), but my friends and family loved it, and I got so many great comments.

This has been a long review-- however, I just can't say enough good things about Inku. He was great. You'd be lucky to book him.

Sent on 03/24/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/24/2009

When we first were searching for wedding photographers we had a certain aesthetic in mind - we wanted someone who didn't just "take" pictures, but someone who had a dynamic visual eye and saw wedding photography as an art and not just a job. Our pictures came out beautiful and just what we had wanted! So many guests have commented on the wonderful job he had done. He is professional, understanding and knowledgeable and also really works at getting better all the time, which as an artist myself, I really appreciate. I would recommend him again to friends and family and wish him all the best with his business!

Sent on 12/16/2009

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

Inku was fantastic. We barely noticed that he was there at the wedding, and our pictures were gorgeous. Really just wonderful. He worked with our schedules with our engagement shoot (which was also stunning), and we got our proofs in the time frame we were promised. I am not a photogenic girl, but I manage to look great in every photo he took. We knew we wanted certain shots and he got those for us, and in trusting his artistic image, we got some beautiful shots that we wouldn't have though of on our own. Inku isn't cheap, but we knew what we were going to pay from start to finish (no hidden costs), and he was worth every penny. We really couldn't have done any better!

Sent on 02/18/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 09/20/2009

Embarking on the sometimes overwhelming task of wedding planning can stress anyone out. For me one of the most important aspects of the whole event is finding someone who could capture the day in a fresh way so when you look back you think- WOW that was awesome! Not those boring traditional posed pictures your grandma can take but pictures that make a STATEMENT. And a statement they made - of the 1000+pictures from the wedding alone there's not ONE I didn't like.

Inku provided us with a great balance of professional direction and perspective while allowing my bridal party and guests to still be natural and enjoy themselves. To this day I have guests from my wedding commenting on how they didn't even notice the photographer's presence, as he kept behind the scenes yet captured the most intimate shots and amazing moments througout the night.

His responsiveness, and attentiveness before, during and even after our event was A++ there's nothing more you could ask for! There aren't many vendors who give you much time AFTER the event happens.

Interested in a photographer? Inku's your man!

-Elizabeth & Andy <3

Sent on 02/18/2010
  • O

Oanh · Married on 08/15/2009

Out of all the vendors that we've chosen Inku has been on the top of our list. There aren't enough words that could explain how happy and pleased we are with our photos. From the beginning of the wedding planning process Inku has been such a pleasure to work with. We are in loooove with our engagement photos that he did for us a year ago and just one day after our wedding we got to see a sneak peek of our wedding photos. From what we've seen so far they are jaw droppingly beautiful!!! Each photo is breathtaking! Inku is amazing and I wish we could tell the whole world about him! We stared at our photos for hours in amazement. We are just so happy with our photos we wish we could do the wedding all over again just to have Inku there again. Not only does Inku take phenomenal and extraordinary photos his personality is what draws you in. He made everyone feel so comfortable he seemed like he was part of the family. I can't wait to see all our photos, and we are in the process of scheduling a Trash the dress shoot with him. It will be so much fun!!

Sent on 08/21/2009

A · Married on 07/25/2009

My husband and I booked Inku's services and flew him out to our Maui, HI wedding. This was by far the best decision we've made when it came to wedding vendors we dealt with. From start to finish, Inku's artistry, work ethic, and professionalism blew us away. His work is unbelievable - looking through our wedding photos was like re-living the entire experience, and the photos look like they're straight out of a bridal/wedding magazine! Inku captured all the really beautiful moments I didn't fully get to appreciate during the whirlwind of activity, and these are the photos I personally think are the most meaningful. Inku will capture the nuances, the emotions, and the full experience, which is something only the best can do. He also sets up really fun scenarios/poses that my bridesmaids really liked and made for great post-wedding thank you gifts. On top of that, he had preliminary photos up on his website (password protected) within DAYS of the ceremony - WOW! You can tell he really enjoys his work, and takes his commitment to you seriously. Inku Photography gets 5 stars hands down!!

Sent on 06/27/2010

Akosua · Married on 05/23/2009

Inku was exceptional, I would reccommend him without hesitation. Not only was he flexible with our engagement shoot but he was also a pleasure to work with and very responsive and honest regarding ways to improve shots. Inku and his team were a pleasure to work with, I almost wish we had another wedding so we could have him take pictures again. The pictures turned out lovely, artistic and exactly the way we wanted. Inku get's an A+

Akosua and Emmanuel.

Sent on 06/02/2009

nadine · Married on 05/09/2009

not your standard wedding photographer, you will actually love your photos!

Sent on 06/10/2009

S · Married on 10/24/2008

I recommend Inku to every bride I know. He was wonderful - flexible with what we wanted, not pushy (like most photographers can be), and our pictures came out fantastic. He has a great eye for framing shots, especially unconventional ones, for both wedding and engagement photos. He answers emails very quickly, offers a lot of personal attention and tailored suggestions, will work with any request, and doesn't waste any time getting proofs out. We have been married 4 months, we already have our enlargement framed and hung, and our album is due in any day now. Inku was amazing to work with - very low-key while getting every possible shot and angle (we even watched him lay on the ground to get a few incredible shots). He is a lot of fun, has a great personality, and does a terrific job!

Sent on 02/23/2009

Annie · Married on 10/11/2008

My husband and I were so happy with the outcome of our pictures! Inku did an amazing job of capturing all of our special moments that we will be able to look back on for years to come. I would highly recommend Inku to anyone!

Sent on 11/18/2008

Pamela · Married on 07/19/2008

Inku was so great to work with. He was always professional and prompt. Inku and his assistant blended right into our wedding - we didn't even realize they were there. We are absolutely thrilled with our pictures! We would definitely recommend Inku Photography!

Sent on 08/14/2008