Indianapolis Yacht Club Reviews

9 | Mc Cordsville, IN

9 Reviews for Indianapolis Yacht Club

Amber · Married on 09/08/2018

The Indianapolis Yacht club was the perfect venue for our nautical wedding. Not only is it a beautiful place, the club manager Pattie was absolutely amazing! It is a great feeling when you are working with people that are so helpful, make you feel extra happy and at ease. She was always quick to respond, gave great suggestions, and never ended a meeting without making sure all questions were answered and we were completely satisfied. I cannot say enough great things about her, the other amazing people that helped our wedding day be perfect(Phil and the bartenders), and the venue! We absolutely love the Indianapolis Yacht Club!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Rebecca · Married on 10/11/2015

Patty was so pleasant and easy to work with! We really enjoyed the site and the versatility for our photographs. Not to mention it is a good value for the Indianapolis area for both site and alcohol packages.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Teal · Married on 09/21/2013

I grew up around the Indianapolis Yacht Club and spent many summers there swimming, My husband and I got married outside and had our reception inside. It was a beautiful evening, the sun setting over the water was gorgeous. We had multiple guests tell us it was a beautiful wedding/reception and one of the most fun weddings they have been to. The Yacht Club staff is wonderful and easy to work with, they are always available and available to answer questions.
    Definitely worth what we paid,
    We would definitely recommend looking into the Indianapolis Yacht Club

Sent on 11/23/2013

Carrie · Married on 05/13/2017

The Yacht Club is a beautiful venue with lots of character - we were looking for something that didn't look like we were in a conference room, and we found it in the beautiful wood and high ceilings of the Yacht Club! Pattie is very experienced and has been so accommodating - she'll let you stop by anytime to look at the space again. She helped us figure out the logistics of the space, where to put all the different tables, and even when to cut the cake. The Yacht Club also offers great beverage packages and will charge differently based on who will and won't be drinking alcohol - a great value.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Karl · Married on 08/31/2008

3.5
      3.0

Great place. Perfect size. They let us do whatever we wanted. Book on a Sunday....it's MUCH cheaper.

Sent on 11/19/2008

Brooke · Married on 11/21/2009

4.2

We loved the yacht club. When you book the yacht club, you get the entire building from 8am until midnight. It was nice being able to have flexibility with setup and having the entire building to ourselves. Bill was easy to work with, calling back most of the time. It is a beautiful setting, with lots of photo opps!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Brande · Married on 08/31/2008

3.0

Super easy to work with. The venue, grounds and deck are gorgeous.

Sent on 09/17/2008

2.2
      1.5
      2.0
      2.0

The place is beautiful however the management was terrible. The sound system we paid to use, broke half way through our event, ending the party an hour early. No staff except for the caterer was there to assist me, even though the manager, told us that there would be someone there to help us with the equipment. When I called to tell her what happened after the event, she didn't really seem to take my issue seriously. Even before the event happened she was not very responsive and took forever to respond about our requests to using the bar. I can't imagine trying to organize a big event such as a wedding with her because it was so frustrating doing just our small celebration there.

Yes, the place is beautiful. But I honestly don't think the beauty of the place outweighed the issues I had to deal with. Take your money and save your time with a more professional reception place.

Sent on 07/25/2014

GRACE · Married on 06/08/2019

The worst!

On June 8, 2019 I got married and a day that I planned to be perfect is left with a dark spot, because of the Indianapolis yacht club.  My husband and I paid almost $3000 to rent the yacht club for our reception; the rental was supposed to include tables, chairs, a bridal suite, private security, and we were supposed to have a facility coordinator available for the entire day of our event. During preparation for the event we spoke with Yacht club manager Pattie Mayo, the last time we met with her was a month prior to our event to ensure that things were in order. Once we made final payment 30 days prior, the yacht club stopped caring; hey they had their money.  Pattie was supposed to get back to me 2 weeks prior to our event to get my final count, but she never did, so I called her the week of my wedding to give her my final numbers. She told me Phil Gibson facility coordinator would be there the day of to help with anything we need. She assured that all tables and chairs would be in place at 10 am, ready for us to set up. On the morning of I was surprised to get a call from my family and friends that the tables were not set up as discussed. I was on my way. I called Pattie several times and left a voicemail. I called the yacht club several times and recieved no answer. When I arrived at 11 am, there was no staff around to help and still no one was answering the phone. Finally at about 11:15 a.m. Phil came upstairs to use the bathroom and that's when one of my friends asked if he knew where the staff member who was supposed to be helping us was. Then he said it was him, wow! No introduction at 10 am when we arrived and we had to hunt him down for help. I expressed how upset I was and he just said that Pattie had given him the wrong numbers. I told no matter my numbers, there was no gift table, no DJ table, and he was MIA! The room was the same as a month prior! As the day continued I did go on to church, although running late, and got married.  When we came back for my reception, again no Phil and there was no one that identified themselves as private security. What if one of my guests got hurt! No staff whatsoever came to see if we were ok or needed anything. Later I found out too that the man who was supposed to be our security and two staff members that were there to serve their yacht club members downstairs in their restaurant came upstairs and ate some of our catered food! The two staff members from downstairs were not even working our event and the so-called security never even introduced himself, but your stuffing your face with my food! Meanwhile someone could be outside in trouble, but we have no idea who to call for help. The week after the wedding I called and spoke with Pattie Mayo"manager". I was met with excuses and lies. She said that she had never heard of staff eating guests food and needed descriptions of the staff. Only then when I described one being the man in the suit coat, is when she she told me oh that was your security. I told her "my event was on Saturday and today is Thursday and only now am I being told who security was". Then finally she admitted that the facility coordinator and the security should have both introduced themselves and made themselves available to help on arrival. I demanded a refund and she said she would have to speak to the board of directors and get back to me. So, how did the board of directors "rectify" the situation? They emailed a weak apology letter that did not even address the lack of security. Then to address the situation of the staff eating our food they wrote: "It has been taken under advisement your concern of the staff eating after your guests had enjoyed the meal. This practice has been customary with caterers and clients in the past, and is standard among most venues, however, we are now going to confirm with all future clients their desire in this matter." Wait didn't Pattie say staff never eats the food? Try to coordinate your lies better. Oh and if you're wondering, still no refund.  Stay away from this place they are money hungry and unprofessional.

Sent on 06/24/2019