118 Reviews for Independence Harbor

Lighting/Sound (4)
Tastings (4)
Signature Drink (4)
Indoor (3)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
In-House Bar (3)
Outside Vendors (1)
Clean Up (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Limited Bar (1)

Independence Harbor's grounds were beautiful and the staff were exceptional! Connie and Anne were very helpful during the whole planning process. The questionnaires and floor plan they had you fill out helped you get everything organized in one place.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I could not be happier with Independence Harbor. They were responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day they took care of every single detail so I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Plus, the food was wonderful. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 12/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Connie, and Ann, was a complete pleasure. They're both knowledgeable , in helping, with your wedding. My wedding was absolutely, flawless, thank you , Connie, Ann, and Matt!

Profile Picture Charlene, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast

Service was great, Matt, Ann, and Connie were extremely helpful and made our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Brian, 7/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Independence Harbor... is... amazing! From the awesome ladies we worked with to book the venue, choose the menus, and discuss the decor/color scheme to the incredible staff who worked on the day of our wedding coordinating the ceremony, ensuring that our guests were well cared for, and that there was enough time to do everything we wanted to do, everyone and everything was PERFECT. We found this place via web search while checking out venues in Massachusetts area and despite going to ~6 difference places we fell in love with this place. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and offers a great combination of indoor/outdoor for those looking for an outdoor wedding. There's no need for additional decor, really, because the beauty and charm that's already there definitely speaks for itself. The people we worked with were so on top of things, which is invaluable when planning something like your wedding day. They were seriously the best and helped make the whole (typically stressful) event relatively painless!

The whole experience was little short of perfect. It was worth every penny and was very competitively priced at that. Furthermore, they offer brunch once a month where you can go and taste their (fantastic) food! We got so many compliments on the food from our guests! If we are able to, we plan on going there for brunch in the years to come around our wedding date because we loved the place that much.

Highly, highly recommend!! Please check this place out at the very least. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture J, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here last night! It started off as a very gloomy rainy day and I was so upset but the second it started clearing up literally minutes before starting the coordinator Matt (who was fantastic) he came into the room and assured me I could still do my wedding outside! They sent people outside to dry chairs put out umbrellas the staff was incredible the food was great and it was a pleasure working with ALL of them extremely happy with my venue!!! Connie & Anne were also a pleasure to work with they made sure everything ran smoothly leading up to my wedding day!

Profile Picture Carrie, 5/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely outstanding!! Wonderful staff, food was outstanding. My dream wedding!

Profile Picture Charlene , 3/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the personalized and customized service we received from beginning to end.

Profile Picture Kedrin, 12/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Wow! I was blown away by the service and beauty of IH! My husband and I got married on 9/5/15 and it was perfect! The staff was phenomenal , Matt was awesome! The food was to die for! Everyone that I have spoken with had nothing but great things to say about the reception, from how beautiful the land was to how smooth the flow of the reception was! I wish I could relive that night over and over!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! I was married at Independence Harbor on August 29, 2015. Planning the wedding was made easier by dealing with professionals. Connie and Anne were responsive and able to help address any concerns I had over the year of planning. It is obvious from the get go - they do this often and have a quality of delivering outstanding service that surpasses most. Leading up to the wedding they were helpful and honest in any questions I had. The grounds are some of the most breathtaking I have ever seen. The flowers and landscaping and work that goes into keeping this place so beautiful is something to be admired. I appreciate being able to visit IH several times and was able to see different ideas for the room, ceremony space and photo opportunities. While I truly believe the ceremony space is a ten - I also love the reception space! The room is different from a standard hotel ballroom as the dance floor is pushed forward and my guests LOVED it. iI felt like we were all on stage! The staff was great and Matty could not have been any more gracious and helpful. I swear working with him will spoil me for any event I plan in the future. He is calm, in control and pleasant which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. The food was amazing! The guests are still talking about it. I cannot thank Independence Harbor enough for their amazing work. The day was truly the most special day for us and we thank them for helping us have it. danielle&marshall

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Beautiful location, wonderful people, great place to have a wedding!!!!

Profile Picture Ellen, 8/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Independence Harbor on April 24, 2015. I cannot put into words how great our experience was with Independence Harbor. They were very responsive and helpful through the entire process. This includes the office staff (Connie and Anne) to the wedding day coordinators (Matt and Martha). Our day was perfect in every way. The room was set up exactly how we pictured it. Martha and Matt made sure all of personal items (photos and wedding signs we brought) were set up. The tables looked great as well. We were more than impressed with the service too. I had worked for several years with weddings in a banquet hall and the staff at Independence Harbor far exceeded any expectations. Martha, in particular, went out of her way at all points of the evening to make sure everyone was taken care of. She took special attention to my mother and grandmother which is greatly appreciated. At the rehearsal we explained to Matt a couple of things we were looking for with the wedding. He took great notes and everything was perfect. He was also very easy to work with and genuinely made us feel like our wedding was special. We were sad to see the event finish. I have received multiple responses from our guests on how great everything was and how much fun they had. I highly recommend Independence Harbor as an ideal place to get married. The grounds are beautiful, the food was great, the staff was excellent.

Profile Picture Brian, 4/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at Independence Harbor in February 2015, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. The weather forecast on our wedding day called for a blizzard, and the staff stayed connected to us in the days leading up to the event, letting us know that they'd find a way to open for us as long as the roads weren't forced to close, and that if weather did force a closure, they'd be able to host our Sunday event on Monday. It took a little persuasion, but they were even able to accept our cake delivery a day early in preparation for the weather. While we did indeed get a blizzard, the roads were open, the snow had stopped falling by our 4 p.m. arrival time, and our reception was held as planned. The venue was absolutely gorgeous with the grounds covered in snow and icicles hanging from the rooftop. The lighting of snow-covered grounds at sunset made for some gorgeous photos. The look of the space inside was perfect as well, with just the right amount of uplighting to add some nice ambiance. The parking lot and walkways had been plowed and provided a wonderful arrival experience for our guests. The food was absolutely delicious, and the value of their winter wedding package was truly outstanding. My husband and I did the bulk of our planning from Florida, so having such a responsive team working with us was invaluable. Connie was our main point of contact throughout our planning process, and she was fantastic. The only thing I'd do differently if I had it to do over again would have been to ask for an announcement when our hot chocolate bar was open. Thank you, thank you to the IH team for providing a truly magical backdrop to our day.

Profile Picture Ellen, 2/15/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Just had my wedding here and it was awesome! Great staff, great food, very attentive! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User4626916, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I drive by Independence Harbor everyday. I would always say I will have my wedding there someday! And I did! And I am so happy I did! It is just so gorgeous and the staff are so helpful. I love that your wedding is the only wedding going on. It's private and secluded. The food is outstanding! Everyone was very impressed with the food. I couldn't have asked for a better place to host my wedding!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding here on 10/17/14 and it was amazing! The grounds are beautiful and their entire team is extremely helpful and kind. I highly recommend this venue to anyone. All of our family and friends were in awe of how beautiful and picturesque the ground are. We even encountered 2 deer in the background during our rehearsal. It's a must see!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Independence Harbor was wonderful to work with! They accommodated all of my last minute changes and everything was executed perfectly. What I was most impressed with was the staff member assigned to us the day of the wedding...it was great having someone to keep us informed about what was going on and the flow of the reception. We also had someone to go to if we had questions - it was a huge stress reliever.

Profile Picture User4100276, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Independence Harbor was absolutely amazing to work with. They thought of every detail to make sure our wedding day was perfect. The food was delicious and you can't beat the beautiful grounds. We were so happy to have had our wedding there!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Independence Harbor on 4/12/14. They did a great job helping us with everything to make our wedding day so special. The service, food, & venue couldn't have been any better for our special day! We will definitely be back for Sunday Brunch in the future!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Independence Harbor is the most beautiful place to have your wedding. I had mine in the winter months and it was decorated with Christmas lights and other winter wonderland decorations. The staff were very helpful in the planning process and were very professional. They would meet or talk on the phone anytime that I felt was necessary. On the night of the wedding everything looked beautiful from the centerpieces to the candy bar, they set up everything so nicely. The food was amazing and all my guests are still talking about how good it was. This place is definitely a hidden gem! The cost is much lower than any other place in the area and it is way more beautiful. The only thing I would say that was a bummer was that the bridal party did not get to use the small room to freshen up when it was told to us before the wedding that we would be able too. Other than that it is a fantastic place to have your wedding reception. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a spot to have their wedding!

Profile Picture User3761591, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you for everything. It was a perfect evening and everything was beautiful. I wish I could relive it over and over.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 11/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been more happy with our decision to have our wedding at Independence Harbor. The grounds are incredibly beautiful in every season, and the decor inside is wonderful as well. We were left with very little to do as far as decorating goes, we only need to provide a few things to personalize the space and make it our own.

We decided on the brunch buffet and I can say that every guest enjoyed the food and gave it rave reviews. I know that after our wedding, many of our guests were signing up for Independence Harbor's monthly brunch buffet so that they could enjoy more of their food!!

A special thank you to Connie. Every phone call to you put me at ease and it is perfectly clear that you know what you are doing!

Independence Harbor makes planning a wedding so easy - they listen to what you envision, and they make it happen!!

Profile Picture Tammy, 11/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THE BEST!!! From the planning stages down to the wedding day everything was absolutely perfect. Connie and Anne were amazing professionals to work with. They knew the answers before even asking the them. The staff on the day of the wedding were without a doubt top notch. Matt and Roberta made the day run seamless. Attentive to any need and with doing it with professionalism. The experience of all Independence Harbor Team members is way above average. For many days preceeding the wedding I had many, many guests contact me to tell me how much fun they had and how they truly loved Independence Harbor. The buffet was absolutely delightful and delicious. The landscaping is truly a sight that all should see. My wedding pictures were amazing due to the beautiful grounds. Once we visited the venue it was a no brainer. I would recommend this venue for any occasion. The rates were exceptionally reasonable. The quality of the food was well worth it. All the guests couldn't say enough about how wonderful the buffet was. The presentation was gorgeous.

Profile Picture Kathy, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have had a better experience at Independence Harbor. They were friendly and helpful right from the beginning and made our wedding a success. No matter who we dealt with at the venue, from the coordinators to the waitstaff, we were thrilled. They were professional, efficient, and timely. They answered all of my questions, worked with me to make our wedding beautiful, and kept the event organized from beginning to end. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone- for both ceremony and reception. The location and setting speak for themselves, but you'll be equally impressed with their staff. People are still talking about wedding and we'll never forget how perfect it was for us!

Profile Picture Deb, 10/26/13, 1 Review