14 Reviews for In Your Shoes Event Design

We hired In Your Shoes / Joelene to coordinate our wedding on 10/7/2017, and I am so grateful we did. I am truly amazed at how much easier and less stressful our wedding process was as a result of Joelene's quick thinking, professionalism, organizational skills, and ingenuity. Each interaction with her put me at ease and let me feel comfortable and confident that our wedding would be perfect. Part of that is in the planning process by making sure that every last detail has been thought through, including things I'd never have considered on my own. Another part of what made In Your Shoes so valuable is just in how quickly and efficiently Joelene was able to handle unexpected issues that came up at the last minute. Most importantly, though, Joelene is simply a lovely person to interact with - she is considerate, funny and has a very low-key and calming presence that was definitely needed by this nervous wreck of a bride. We had a beautiful wedding day and will always be grateful to Joelene for making the most important day of our lives perfect!

Profile Picture Grace, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Amazing! Godsend! Truly an angel.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene was hired for "day of coordination" for our small wedding. However, she provided above and beyond services for us. She made sure everything was perfect, just as we asked, and more. She even ran out the day of and bought new strings of lights because the ones we bought weren't working correctly. She's truly was the best part of making our wedding plan come together for us and our guests. Thanks Joelene!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene was amazing!! She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and that our reception site looked just how we had wanted it to. She calmly dealt with problems when they arose, which made it so that my husband and I didn't have to worry about any of the day-of stresses! When our florist didn't deliver enough centerpieces for the table, she swept in and used extra vases that she had in her car to make up for the missing ones!
My mother was skeptical about hiring a day-of wedding planner at first, unsure of what more there would be to do, and after seeing how hard Joelene worked and how essential she was to the day running smoothly, she ate her words!
I couldn't recommend In Your Shoes Event Design more!!! We were beyond satisfied with our experience!!!

Profile Picture Ali, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We utilized Joelene and her assistant Gail for "day of" wedding coordination. Joelene stepped in about a month or two prior to our wedding and created a timeline for the day of. I can not say enough nice things about this lady! From start to finish she was extremely professional. Our big day went exactly as planned thanks to Joelene, I literally had to worry about NOTHING but enjoying myself, which was great for me as I get stressed very easily! Joelene stepped in when there was a miscommunication with our DJ and we weren't able to do something special that we had wanted to do. Joelene stepped right up and made sure it happened! She even assisted me in getting in my second dress for the reception when my mother was having trouble doing the corset. I would highly recommend Joelene to anyone looking to hire a wedding planner! You will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene with In Your Shoes Event Design is the consummate professional. Without her, my wedding day would not have come together. I am a bride that decided to do about 90% off the decor and paper goods myself. With that came the confusion of how all of my DIY would be taken care of on the big day. Joelene was wonderful from day one and eased any fears I had about having to worry about "what goes where" on the day of....even after a change of wedding venue in the middle of planning, Joelene helped without a hiccup. We went with the 'day of' services, which were really so so much more. Joelene is caring, supportive, and organized- I could not have asked for anything more!!

Profile Picture User4313243, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene and her assistant made my day magical and worry free. They made sure I was happy. They are amazing!

Profile Picture nicole, 10/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene was fantastic to work with and allowed me to control as much as I wanted and step in where I needed her help.
She did a great job and I'd recommend her without hesitation.

Profile Picture User2364631, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We not only had a wedding planner to plan our event from afar thru emails and texting but we have truly gained a friend. Joelene was absolutely instrumental in making sure every moment of our day was perfect. She loves what she does and it shows. We could not have asked for anything more. our circumstances were quite unique and Joelene made us feel special and connected thru the entire process and anyone that could pull together what she did for us in less than 3 months is amazing!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 7/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired a wedding planner, Joelene Russell, who I have known personally for years, for my wedding. Although hiring a wedding planner is not something I would normally do, I knew that there are many details that a bride will forget. You always need a clone of yourself on wedding day. Joelene was absolutely amazing! The rehearsal lunch and wedding day would have been complete chaos without the practice, details and guidance from Joelene! The day of my wedding I was still receiving calls from vendors regarding problems and I was overwhelmed and stressed. Joelene immediately took over and reminded all the vendors to direct all wedding questions and dilemmas to her as opposed to the bride. It was such a relief to be able to relax and know someone else was handling all the issues I didn't want to know about and carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and not mine for a day. Joelene helped me shop for favors, decorations and did many phone consultations over the year of wedding planning. Every bride needs advice in order to stay focused and on track. Joelene was a great coach and consultant and worth every penny! She and her assistant saved the BIG Day and got us through the whole day's itinerary without missing a beat. I really don't know what I would have done without her! Joelene has a huge heart and a great personality. She has always worried about the details in life and that is also her greatest strength because when she is working she never leaves a stone unturned and she feels responsible for everything. She cares about her clients and plans every event as if it is as important as her own. I recommend In Your Shoes Event Design to anyone planning a special event, party or their wedding because Joelene truly puts herself "in your shoes" and makes a magical day happen for all her clients. She takes the burden of "new shoe blisters" so you don't feel any planning pains and you can enjoy your happy day!

Profile Picture Lauren Marie, 6/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene at In Your Shoes Event Design was SO WONDERFUL on our wedding day!! We had her for day-of wedding coordination and she really enabled us to be worry free and enjoy the day. There was only really one (minor) thing that went wrong where she needed our input, and she discreetly asked what we wanted to do, and then just handled it. Her assistant Dan was very helpful as well, and we were thrilled to get basically a 2 for 1 deal. Can't beat that!

As for the rehearsal, we did not have our officiant there so she basically ran the show. Just having met all of our bridal party and family, she totally took charge of the situation and was extremely professional and so friendly.

We had a hotel wedding at the Le Meridien Philadelphia and they told us that they handle everything so you don't really need a coordinator, but we found Joelene extremely helpful (and necessary) on top of the on-site hotel people. We were so glad we had In Your Shoes Event Design coordinating our wedding day!

Profile Picture Allison, 11/5/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where to even begin?! In Your Shoes Event Design was by far the BEST investment I made for our special day. Honestly, I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner, I didn't know what to expect. From start to finish, Joelene was absolutely great to work with! She kept me sane and organized with every step of the planning process, and always had an upbeat attitude which made her so much fun to work with. She was overflowing with fabulous ideas and suggestions! My husband and I were so impressed with her prompt response time and how much bang she delivered for our buck! She was very attentive to the wedding we were trying to create, ashe knew exactly what we were going for and she delivered! Our day was absolutely perfect, everything we wanted it to be, thanks in HUGE part to Joelene. Our guests complimented us, and continue to compliment us on how professional and organized she was during the ceremony and reception and what a great job she did with everything; everyone was so impressed with her! In Your Shoes Event Design, THANK YOU for giving Steve and I our prefect day, we could not have been happier, you made everything just perfect!!

Samantha Book

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joelene was an angel the day of my wedding. She went the extra mile with everything we had asked her to do, with a smile! At one point in the day, I looked over and saw that she was also pitching in, without hesitation, with things that had been clearly other provider's responsibilities. She is organized, beautiful, and will make the wedding of your dreams happen. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Termeh, 5/22/11, 1 Review

Joelene

Thank you for your help in making our wedding such a beautiful celebration! It was an eventful day, and the meticulous preparations leading up to it made it perfect. Your energy and expertise ensured that every detail was addressed and gave us confidence that we were in good hands. Even with unpredictable weather and traffic delays, you were able to keep the party going. We were very impressed by your organizational skills and efficiency. It was reassuring that you were easily reached and would address any concerns promptly and pleasantly.

So many of our guests have said what a lovely wedding and reception it was. The room was gorgeous and the timing was perfect. We couldn’t have done it without you! Our vendors certainly had a respect for your abilities and many of them look forward to partnering with you in the future.

We can't say enough and would recommend you to anyone looking for a wedding planner. Thanks again…

Joseph & Jessica Vitello