In Style Down the Aisle Reviews

96 | Oakland, NJ

96 Reviews for In Style Down the Aisle

Marissa · Married on 05/22/2011

In Style Down the Aisle is amazing. They are extremely professional and care so much about their work and their clients. They have great dedication to their craft and the result- flawless beauty! My wedding started at 3:00 so all 9 of us had to be done with hair and make-up by 12 for the photographer. We got done earlier! They come early and set up, do their job, clean up and leave. They are very organized and have requirements that make things run so smooth for them and for the bride. They treated all of us like queens and made sure everything was perfect and we were all happy. I was worried that as the day/night went on, our hair and make-up would go down hill haha... But, it didn't!!!!! Even with everything going on and all the dancing and running around- we still looked great and felt great! I have NOTHING bad to say at all and am recommending them to everyone I know!
    If you are looking for excellent quality- In Style Down the Aisle is what you want.
    If you are looking for perfection- In Style Down the Aisle is it
    If you are looking to feel and be treated like a princess- In Style Down the Aisle is perfect
    If you are looking for professionalism, organized and talented artists, and to get what you actually want- In Style Down the Aisle is THE ONE!!!! :)

Thank you again so much for making us all look and feel like royalty!! You are truly experts in your talent(s)!!! God Bless!!!

Thanks Again,
    Marissa (Crociata) Spies

Sent on 06/08/2011

Christina · Married on 04/17/2011

Got both hair and makeup done for my wedding as well as a few of my bridesmaids. Everyone was very satisfied with the service they received. They were extremely punctual, they said they'd be here at 4:45 am and my doorbell rang at exactly 4:45 am. Very organized as well as talented. Emails exchanged would be within same day if not within the same hour sometimes.
    I would without a doubt recommend Dana & Sonia to any bride looking for beauty solutions the day of their wedding. Cost was a bit over my price range i was expecting, but the peace of mind that came with having all the services done at home instead of driving around all day is priceless for sure. Now that I look back I really don't know how I would have done it without being exhausted by the time I was done. They are excellent at what they do & take pride in their work. You will not be disappointed!
    -Very Happy Bride (Wedding:April 17, 2011)

Sent on 04/22/2011

Kim · Married on 11/12/2010

There are a lot of make-up and hair artisits out there for bridal services so when I was researching them for my 11/12/10 wedding, I felt so overwhelmed. There were two things that made In Style Down the Aisle stand out from the rest for me. First, was their portfolo. They have the most pictures on their web-site with a lot of different and unique hairstyles. There not all of your standard bridal updo's that I kept coming across on other web-sites. Second, was that they offer hair AND make-up. I love that Dana and Kate are a team. It made me feel more confident that things would be so smooth the day of. The last thing that you want on your wedding day is for things to be chaotic.
    When I went for my hair and make-up trial, Dana and Kate were great! Of course I was nervous about the trials leading up to it, but the girls were so nice and extremely talented... they reassured my decision!
    Things went so smooth the morning of my wedding...I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Dana and Kate arrived on time and went right to work! They are so friendly too! I felt like I've known them for years! They had such a calming effect for me and I felt so relaxed!
    I can't say enough about the finished product. Both my sister and I looked great! We recieved so may compliments on our hair and make-up! And our hair and make-up still looked great at 2 am! Dana also did my niece's hair who is 2 1/2 and even her hair held up the entire night! Which is impressive considering she was running all over the place!
    I can't say enough of great things about them...LOVE Dana and Kate!!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Kathy · Married on 08/22/2010

Dana and Kate were great! They are very professional, punctual, super sweet, and did an absolutely wonderful job on everyone's hair and make-up, especially mine! I (the bride) had to change my hair last minute due to the weather (unfortunately it poured), but Dana did a great job, and neither the rain nor the humidity could prevent me from feeling absolutely beautiful on my special day! Both hair and make-up lasted all day and into the night! I could not be happier!!!!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2010

Dana did my hair for my wedding and it was amazing!!! She had done exactly what I asked- was flexible with time and made sure she allowed herself enough time between doing my hair and getting to her next appt! Kind, fun, and very enjoyable company as well!

Sent on 07/24/2010
  • prbetsi75

Betsy · Married on 05/08/2010

Dana and Kate are truly the dream team. They are both so good at what they do. They made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day and I cannot be more happy with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/14/2010

Carol · Married on 09/19/2009

I used In Style Down the Aisle as the hairstylist for myself and my bridesmaids/ mother and I was very happy with my choice. Dana was very professional, prompt, and friendly. I LOVED how my hair turned out and I had her do something completely different on the actual day than we had done at my hair trial. I did think the prices were a bit high but overall I was completely happy with the service and it was worth it. She also came to my hotel which was a HUGE plus!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2012

Dana was great she did my hair, my mothers and my maid of honor's. Everything came out beautifully and my hair held for most of the night with all my dancing. Because I had clip in extensions Dana was able to take them a few weeks prior to the wedding so she could curl and set them, it was definitely one less thing for me to worry about. And Dana had to hear my worry about it raining on my wedding day (which didn't happen, thank god) But the whole time she was doing my hair she was calming me down about that. She was a little pricey but you get what you pay for and I loved working with Dana and would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Karen · Married on 10/01/2011

Dana did a wonderful job with my trial and was able to complete 6 bridemaids and myself in 4 hours. The girls looked beautiful. Dana is very professional and gets the job done.

Sent on 10/09/2011

christine · Married on 08/07/2011

Dana is the super professional! She comes ready to do business! She was great and finished 5 girls super early! Plus she's super responsive so that's great for a person who worries a lot! Very reliable!! Would use her again!

Sent on 08/19/2011

Amy · Married on 06/26/2010

The hair and makeup were flawless. I recommend the airbrush for the brides. It was 90 degrees at an outdoor ceremony and my makeup did not run or rub off and my hair did not friz. They were on time, professional and reliable. Worth the price!

Sent on 06/29/2010
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 05/14/2011

They made my family and bridesmaids GORGEOUS!!!!!! Everyone was happy with their hair and make-up. Even my mom who is the most picky. They are a very popular company and for wedding season they get booked up to 2 weddings a day. If you are their first appoinment and if you looking for any touch-ups or help with the veil at the end of getting ready, make sure you leave enough time so nobody feels rushed. Otherwise they are fabulous!!!! They listen to every detail you want and execute it! :)

Sent on 06/09/2011

Denise · Married on 11/06/2010

I used In Style Down the Aisle for my wedding day makeup and hair as so did my bridal party. It was a joy to be in the house and get ready. Dana & Kate are extremely talented and do great work. More importantly they worked with me when I changed my mind a bit in makeup color and hair style to make sure I was happy....and I was!!!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Victoria · Married on 10/09/2010

3.0

Kate & Dana were very pleasant and professional, they are accomodating and easy to work with. The hair and make up were beautiful and held up very well!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Lenore · Married on 03/12/2011

Can't say enough wonderful things about Dana!

She is a pleasure to work with and I loved my hair as well as what she did for my MOH, bridesmaid and flower girl! Everyone was thrilled with their hair and enjoyed working with her....I was very glad I had made the decision to treat all of them, including me, to Dana's services that day! We recently received our photos, and all of us were very pleased with how our hair looked in the photos, and when I posted some of the photos on Facebook I received even more compliments on my hair....yes, it looked THAT good!

With flooding occuring days before and the day of our wedding in the Wayne, NJ area, limiting or knocking out access to Rt. 23, some of our vendors and guests had to plan an alternate route to get to Morristown. Dana was at least 20, maybe even 30 minutes early, which put us all at ease. We truly lucked out with so many of our vendors that day.....Dana was awesome!

Sent on 04/12/2011

In Style Down the Aisle's reply:

Lenore, it is very unfortunate that you were not happy with your wedding day preparations. However, the fact remains that you received excellent customer service and artistry from your very first trial, to the complimentary price accommodations afforded you, to the juggling and rearranging of schedules in the midst of a hectic and busy wedding season to fit you in only days before your wedding for a second trial as per your request. Furthermore, this leads me to your day of preparations where over 5 hours of my schedule was solely dedicated to accommodating you (including travel time) and you alone for make-up.

Lauren · Married on 05/15/2011

4.2
      3.0

Overall, I was very happy with Dana and Kate. They did a beautiful job the day of the wedding with both hair and makeup, and everyone was pleased with their work. They were very responsive to emails and easy to get in touch with. I came across their group through this site, going through reviews of hair and makeup teams.

They are routed in Northern NJ and do not travel to you for trials, and only do trials on weekdays. Being from Central NJ and working a 9-5 job, it was a bit inconvenient.

The trial went well, though they scheduled another bride for the same time and I felt a bit rushed. For my hair trial, I showed Dana photos of what I wanted, and she got it on the first try. When she was done though, it was on to the next, and I had no time to play around with it and try something else. With Kate, it was difficult for her to understand what I was asking, and we did my makeup over 3 times. She was very reassuring and patient, though, so I trusted I could continue to talk to her about it before the wedding and she would accommodate me. The trial was pricy - almost as much as the day of would cost.

Kate was a sweetheart - I went for a few MAC counter makeup applications after her trial and sent her some pictures. She was more than happy to talk to me for an hour over the phone, swapping pictures and getting down to what it was I was looking for. On the day of, not only did I LOVE what she did, but she did a fantastic job with everyone else! And her time management was wonderful. She waited until everyone was dressed, and did a double check to make sure everyone was looking their best. I would definitely recommend her for your wedding.

Dana had a bit of a harder edge with my family and bridal party, though she was very receptive to what they were requesting her to do. She is unquestionably talents. However, she brought an assistant, who mostly sat in the corner the whole time. She only worked to prep 1 or 2 people to curl their hair. I would have preferred she bring a second stylist. Dana finished everyone with time to spare, but did not wait around. After the last bobby pin was secure, she packed up and left. I wish she hadn't - as the bride my hair started falling out 5 MINUTES after the dress was on. I had my sister and my mom frantically shoving bobby pins into my up-do to get me down the aisle. This is why I rated a 3/5 for value - I think Dana's less than desirable quality of service on the day outweighed her talent, and did not match the large amount of money I spent to use her.

Also bare in mind they both charge for travel and an early morning fee...so if you're getting married in the morning or afternoon and they have to get there at 6 or 7, it will cost you more.

Like I said, everyone looked gorgeous the day of and overall I was happy...but I wanted to be very honest with this review to help you out.

Sent on 07/17/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2010

4.2

Dana was all business. she knows what she can accomplish, in how much time and what she needs to bring to make it happen. After 5 hair trials she was the only one to complete the look! I LOVED my hair!

Sent on 09/20/2010

katie · Married on 12/31/2013

3.0

I had a wonderful trial with Dana for my wedding. My hair stayed curls for three days straight! When it came to my wedding day, my hair didn't even last until the first dance. I was sent an email with pricing for my bridesmaids, but then she wrote a different price out on our contract. She would not honor the original pricing. I really liked Dana as a person, and my trial was amazing, but I was extremely disappointed on my wedding day.

Sent on 01/13/2014

In Style Down the Aisle's reply:

I am so happy that you were pleased with all of your hair services at the trial and on your wedding day. Although, I am perplexed with your review. I did work with you regarding the pricing of your bridesmaids even after the signed contract clearly stated differently. I do apologize that our PDF had this pricing typo and if this was confusing in anyway.
    I do look forward to seeing your wedding pictures, as you did love your hair and you made such a beautiful bride. I was happy to be apart of your wedding day preparations.
    Best wishes to you & your husband for a love filled future.
    Happy New Year!

l · Married on 06/19/2011

3.0

All of my bridesmaids hair turned out great and they loved it! As the bride, I was happy with mine, but not blown away. The 'bump' on top of my head was a little uneven. The ladies were nice to work with, but seemed a bit demanding - I was more concerned with making them happy with the room set up and what not. It did not seem they were concerned with keeping us happy as their client. If you want to be pampered and catered to on your wedding day, this vendor is not for you.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/07/2011

2.0

My bridal party and I worked with Dana (for hair) and Kate (for make-up) on my wedding day. Dana also had an assistant, who helped with the curling of hair before Dana styled. Overall, In Style Down the Aisle did a great job, and we were all happy with the finished product.
    I think Dana did nice work with everyone's hair. My only complaint would be that her personal style is somewhat stringent and was a little off-putting to some of my bridemaids (hence the low flexibility rating). The make-up job by Kate was fantastic, and she was very friendly. The one downside would be that her services cost a lot more than other comparable vendors (hence the lower value for cost rating).

Sent on 06/08/2011

Karen · Married on 05/30/2010

1.0
      1.0

Unfortunately Dana made my wedding prep extremely awkward and uncomfortable because she was nasty to all of us. We were getting ready in my house and since my bathrooms are too small, we thought we could use our sun room as a hair and makeup space. I didn't like Dana's makeup artist (she made me look like a clown), so I had booked someone else who proved to be amazing. Dana refused to share the space with her, even though there was more than enough room. She also got angry upon arrival because we didn't have a table set up for her immediately. We only have snack tables that can be easily moved around, so it took all of 1 minute to bring two of them in. It was really upsetting to have to deal with all of this first thing in the morning of my wedding day.

Dana had also scheduled another event after mine and therefore, made a few references to being in a rush to leave. When someone wasn't ready at the very second she was, she gave an extreme attitude. That included my mother-in-law and all of my bridesmaids. Very unprofessional.

Dana also brought an assistant with her to help curl everyone's hair before she would pin it up for them. The assistant did a terrible job- anyone whose hair she curled looked like Curly Sue. Dana did do a fanstastic job styling everyone, but she could have used significantly more hair spray on me. My hair lasted about 2 hours before the wind (we took pictures outdoors) really flattened it. By the time of our ceremony, my bridesmaids had to use their curling iron to re-curl some of the strands in the front. It cost me almost double what it cost my bridesmaids just because I was the bride, yet Dana didn't spend any additional time or effort on my hair versus theirs. Again, I loved the final product (while it lasted), but felt like I was really ripped off.

Sent on 09/30/2012