In Style Down the Aisle Reviews

96 | Oakland, NJ

96 Reviews for In Style Down the Aisle

Booking In Style Down the Isle for my wedding was one of the best decisions I could have made! With all of the money you spend on a wedding, especially your gown, jewelry, accessories, etc., it is a complete waste of money if your hair doesn't look good! The hair can really make or break your wedding day look. I am so happy to say that mine totally made mine!
    I love Dana! She is so sweet, down to earth and very easy to work with. Dana is knowledgeable, always got back to me quickly and very flexible. She actually cares about her brides and connects with them. She doesn't make you feel like a "client" on your wedding day, rather an old friend. She communicated with me often between my trial and my wedding. By the day of my wedding, we were like "sisters from different misters".
    I scheduled 2 trials with Dana. There were two styles I really liked and I wanted to see how each of them would look. Before my trials I communicated Dana a lot because I have very thin hair and tend to like fuller styles. I was sure I would need extensions. She assured me I wouldn't and she was so right. I have never seen anyone tease hair like Dana! I ended up loving both styles. I couldn't believe how great my hair looked, so I booked Dana to style my hair for my rehearsal dinner also. It came out great and I was so happy I did!
    The day of the wedding I still couldn't decide which style I liked the best. Dana suggested we merge the two together. I was a little nervous, having never seen exactly what it would look like before. I LOVED it and could not have been happier with the way that my hair looked. It was beautiful. I got so many compliments throughout the night.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Kristy Lee · Married on 10/27/2012

I recently got married on October 27, 2012 and used In Style Down the Aisle for my hair and makeup. Dana and Kate are beyond amazing! They are both so sweet and accommodating (Dana put up with my craziness for 6 months before my wedding and Kate helped me relax on my wedding day). I felt so beautiful that day and everyone kept complimenting me on how great my hair and makeup looked. Most importantly, my hair stayed in place all night and my makeup did not smear, smudge, or wear off even though I danced up a storm and people were hugging me all night. One of the best parts of hiring them was also the fact that they came to my hotel. I didn't have to worry about running around to salon appointments and was able to relax in my hotel room. Dana and Kate are both super professional, arrived early on my wedding day, and were always available to answer any questions I had almost immediately. I cannot say enough how wonderful they are and I highly recommend them to any bride looking to have THE best hair and makeup and a stress free experience on her wedding day!

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/12/2012

Dana was fantastic!!! She is friendly & professional and my whole family enjoyed her being a part of the process! She did 6 women and from the first girl in her chair to the last they were beyond thrilled and looked gorgeous. She pleased two fifteen year old girls (who can be fickle) up to my mom who is 67 and everyone was just ecstatic. Now onto my hair... I loved it!! It was gorgeous at the trial but the day of was even more amazing!! And let me share that I have hair past my natural waist and its super curly... it didn't even phase her and it turned out amazing (and let me say I went on a couple of hair trials because people said they could work on my hair and to put it nicely that was not the case). So if you have curly hair Dana is the stylist for you!!! I cannot thank Dana enough it stayed perfect through the last dance. :)

Sent on 08/26/2012

Stacey · Married on 08/04/2012

I am so grateful to Dana and Kate for making me and my girls look absolutely fantastic on the big day! It was super hot and humid on my wedding day and our makeup didn't fade and our hair did not wilt or frizz! Dana and Kate were amazing throughout the entire process giving me two trials each to make sure I was completely happy with what I chose to go with. They offered their professional opinions when necessary, but also made sure it complemented my style at the same time. I would recommend them to any bride! Thanks again to Dana and Kate for making my wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Tanya · Married on 07/28/2012

Dana & Kate are magicians...LOL. I do not wear much make-up and hardly ever do anything special with my hair. On the day of my wedding they transformed me in to this amazing person whose hair and make up still looked incredible at midnight. (they finished everything that morning around 11am). I got all kinds of compliments not only about me, but my mom and all my bridesmaids as well. They could not believe that all the hair and make-up could look so fantastic after hours of eating, dancing, rain, etc.

Sent on 08/10/2012

tina · Married on 07/22/2012

Dana and Kate were awesome! They both were professional and highly experienced. My hair and makeup looked amazing. I showed Dana a picture of a hair style that I wanted and she accomplished that and even better. As for the makeup. I was looking for a natural look and Kate did such a wonderful job. I received so many compliments that day. They also made my mom look so beautiful. She loved it and felt like a star that day. I was dancing the entire night and my hair stayed perfect and my makeup looked flawless the entire evening. Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful on my special day.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Tara · Married on 12/18/2011

Dana and Katie from In Style Down the Isle are amazing! Everything from the trail to the day of the event went perfectly smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a a better experience. They did such an excellent job on my hair and make-up that 24 hrs later it still looked flawless!!

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2011

Kate and Dana were absolutely amazing! Having our hair and makeup done at my house the morning of the wedding was one of our best wedding day decisions... stress free, relaxing, and a lot of fun! I received so many complements on my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids looked so stunning! They were very flexible with our circumstances and really went out of their way to make my morning special and run smoothly. I would highly recommend them to any bride and want to thank them for everything!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Christine · Married on 10/22/2011

Dana and Kate were amazing. They arrived early, were extremely professional and polite. I wish I was getting maried again so I could experience the way I was treated all over again!!!

abby · Married on 10/21/2011

I loved them! I was a nervous wreck because I don't like my hair and/or make up done and the day of my wedding I was SO HAPPY with the way I looked! I 100% recommend using "In Style Down the Aisle". Nothing is better than having hair and make up come to you so you and your bridal party don't have to run around in the morning, plus they are fabulous!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Angelica · Married on 10/16/2011

You ladies were fabulous!!! We don't have our official wedding photos yet but my hair looked amazing as did all of my wedding party! My mom looked like a dream and she was just glowing-- she is not the type to allow anyone to fuss over her but she allowed it on the day of the wedding.... Seeing her beaming like that, all of the women felt and looked so beautiful, it added so much to the joy of the day. I wanted the women in our family to feel like the goddesses they truly are and you all accomplished that! Thank you so much and we will sent pictures when they finally arrive!!

Daneen · Married on 10/02/2011

Dana & Kate are amazing! From the trial through my wedding day, working with them was a pleasure! I brought Kate a picture from a magazine of how I wanted my makeup for my wedding and she recreated it flawlessly. My look was more glamorous with faux lashes, but did not look over done, it was exactly what I wanted. Dana styled my hair to perfection, it looked beautiful and worked perfectly with my headpiece and cathedral veil. They also did the hair and makeup for my five bridesmaids and the mother of the groom, everyone loved their hair and makeup as much as I did and looked fantastic all night! I would recommend In Style Down the Aisle for any wedding or special event and I cannot wait to use them again!

Sent on 01/08/2012
  • I

Irina · Married on 09/11/2011

Dana was fantastic!! She really knows how to style hair and can do any style you want. She has great ideas as well. She did such a great job at my wedding - everyone loved their hair. I will definitely use her again and recommend her to anyone!!!

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2011

In Style Down the Aisle were so great to work with on my wedding day! I worked with Dana to have my hair done along with 7 bridesmaids, my mother, and 2 flower girls. Everyone looked absolutely GORGEOUS! Dana did a wonderful job and it was fun to have her there while getting your hair done and chatting with her. I had set up a trial and met Dana at her house to have it done. She was very pleasant to work with and gave me tips on how to make the hairstyle I wanted to really hold up through out the day. She also recommended which products to use to prep my hair. My hair looked absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day - I LOVED it. The other girls loved the way their hair came out also. Dana was very professional and helped achieve the finished look they wanted. I also was having trouble finding a make up artist who was avaialble for my wedding date as In Style Down the Aisle wasn't. Dana was kind enough to reccomend someone to me and it ending up being the person I used for the big day! It was helpful and kind of her to go out of her way to reccommend someone and provide me with their contact information. I would reccommend Dana and the rest of the team and In Style Down the Aisle to anyone for any occasion as I had a very pleasent experience with them

Sent on 09/21/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/30/2011

I want to start by saying Dana and her assistant were FABULOUS! Everyone looked gorgeous and loved their hair style. They were so professional and finished early! Dana was so accommodating throughout the entire process. I actually went for three hair trials because after the first trial I bought a headpiece and wanted to make sure that I had a trial with the headpiece. I actually loved the second look but my FI did not so there I was going for a third trial. I am so happy I did! My third look was PERFECT. All and all Dana made me look and feel fabulous and beautiful....Loved it and would use her services again in an instant!

Sent on 08/14/2011
  • Dina

Dina · Married on 07/17/2011

Dana and her team at In Style Down The Aisle are just amazing!! She was affordable and extremely professional. I was have a mini-meltdown in the hair chair on the morning of my wedding and Dana calmed me down and made me look incredible. One of my bridesmaids even said that Dana made her feel like an old friend. I can't say enough good things. Dana and her assistant did 8 people's hair and they ran EARLY. How amazing is that? If you are looking for someone who will make you feel beautiful, important and special, Dana is that person. I would wholeheartedly recommend In Style Down The Aisle to any bride!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Cathy · Married on 07/15/2011

Dana did my daughters hair for her wedding and it was perfection. I could have not found a better more professional person. If you are looking for an expert in her field Dana is the one to choose. You WILL NOT BE SORRY if you choose her company.

Sent on 08/16/2011

krysty · Married on 05/28/2011

I loved Dana and her team at In Style Down the Aisle. She was so responsive and helpful in assisting me find the best hairstyle for my big day. Everyone was so nice and we ran perfectly on time! All my girls loved their hair and it all stayed put until the end of the night! I'm so happy i wasn't spending the whole evening worrying about whether or not my curls had fallen. They were great!

Sent on 06/08/2011
  • SuperJay

Jason · Married on 05/15/2011

Dana and Sonia did an AMAZING job with my hair and makeup on my wedding day! After my initial hair trial I wasn't 100% sold on how the hair that I wanted turned out-Dana told me that it was because the picture that I showed her that I wanted was with a bride who had long bangs and I had very long hair, all one length. When I went back for my re-trial I decided to have her give me a new hair style, with the long bangs, before she did my trial. WOW! Not only did my new hair style come out amazing, but it enabled me to have the wedding hairstyle of my dreams! The wedding day was perfect which started that way because of my fabulous wedding day look thanks to Dana and Sonia! I received nothing but RAVE reviews for both the entire day and even after the wedding day! I kept adding how many bridesmaids were going to get their hair and make up done but everything was accommodated! I highly recommend in Style Down the Aisle!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2011

Hair style and makeup was PERFECT and FLAWLESS throughout the entire night. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/08/2011

Anna · Married on 04/17/2011

Dana and Kate are amazing. I can’t believe how hassle free they made everything. We had 9 people getting hair and makeup done. 4 bridesmaids, 1 JR bridesmaid, my mom, mother in law, grandmother and me. Every ones hair and makeup turned out better than I could even imagine. My guests could not stop commenting how good everyone looked. Another plus is that we were done under the time originally estimated. That is always a plus when the day is already crazy. I would recommend them to every one!!!! My sister is actually using them this weekend for her wedding. I know she will look absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 06/09/2011

MaryAnn · Married on 04/09/2011

I LOVED working with Dana and In Style Down the Aisle. I used her for hair for me, 7 of my bridesmaids and 2 moms. I couldn't believe how quickly she and her assistant turned everyone around! She was very professional and was able to adjust to my changing count (sorry, Dana!) without missing a beat. I have to admit, I think we were a tough (unorganized) group to work with. Everyone was late getting to my house and I was a little stressed out about that, but she kept me calm and was able to adjust so we weren't sitting around wasting time. She's definitely a no-nonsense kinda girl, which is what you need to get 11 girls ready and out the door. I appreciated that about her, because then I didn't have to be the one telling everyone we had to keep things moving! I couldn't believe that we were all ready EARLY for the church! My hair looked amazing and I got so many compliments throughout the night- and even after the wedding! I was so afraid that I would end up with something prom-ish or tight and curly, but what she did was perfectly loose and just the right amount of curly. It was elegant and modern at the same time. I LOVED it! Best of all, her prices were reasonable (as opposed to most other on-site wedding hairstylists!) and she was great to work with. She even gave me little gift certificates for my girls so I could help cover some of the cost for them. Thank you, Dana! LOVED working with you!

Sent on 04/19/2011

Melissa · Married on 04/02/2011

Kate and Dana were the best....I had 10 people getting services on the day of my wedding and I can honestly say that everyone still looked amazing by the end of the night. I was obsessed with my hair and it got sooo many compliments and I had one friend who specifically said that when I walked down the aisle she just thought the makeup was amazing and "on point"...In addition to doing great work, I think it's really important to have good people around you on your wedding day to keep you calm and just to have fun and relax, Dana and Kate definitely fit this description..I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Robin · Married on 03/13/2011

Dana & Kate were so awesome to work with. We were a large booking, so I wasn't sure if they could handle the headcount...Let me tell you that they BOTH exceeded my expectations tremendiously!!!They were both at my parent's house bright & early and ready start on me, my mom, & SEVEN bridesmaids. Everybody's hair & makeup came out customized and amazing. The makeup remained flawless and matched each individual personality-Also for a bunch of girls from thick curly hair to straight limp, everybody's hair was styled beautifully and stayed in place throughout the night. I would definately recommend this duo. Their personalities also helped brighten up the morning. Also, Dana met me at the reception hall & we did a hair change after the ceremony, definately was a nice touch and worth the extra money! I felt totally glamourous on my wedding day and would highly recommend the In Style Down The Aisle team again and again! I can not thank you girls enough!!!!

Sent on 03/27/2011

Lucia · Married on 02/20/2011

You are in the best hands if you book In Style Down The Aisle for your wedding! A friend of mine, to whom I am incredibly thankful, told me how great Dana and Kate are. It turned out my friend was one hundred percent right! I sincerely hope that this review similarly inspires someone on wedding wire, for Dana & Kate are an absolutely amazing, creative, and artistic team! I’ve been in several weddings in the past and, to be frank, my hair never looked as thick and gorgeous as it did on my wedding day. They are refreshingly caring as well. When we first met, I immediately felt at ease. During my hair trial & make-up trial, they listened intently to my vision, while offering invaluable advice and suggestions. So when my big day arrived, I was thrilled to see them at my house! They arrived promptly and immediately began working on my first of six bridesmaids. Dana & Kate were completely professional, performed like clockwork, and I never worried while in their hands- AND my bridesmaids were not an easy bunch! Each one requested a unique and challenging hairstyle, and different make-up applications from dramatic to natural-however, with each look, they both exceeded expectations. Personally, I felt like a movie star! But the best part was that, despite changing my dress and performing an intense swing dance, my hair stayed perfect and my make-up remained photo fresh for the entire day.
    I loved both of them so much & each of them played such an important role in my wedding preparations.
    Dana & Kate are both beautiful inside and out!-They are unbelievably responsive, extremely attentive, very professional, and incredibly organized. I have and will continue to recommend this incredibly talented team! BUT they book up fast, so don't hesitate!...you will be thnakful that you did!

Sent on 03/27/2011