Imperial DJ Entertainment Reviews

27 | Rochester, NY

27 Reviews for Imperial DJ Entertainment

Abbey · Married on 01/17/2015

Imperial DJ was our DJ for our wedding in January 2015. I can't put into words how wonderful Todd was to work with! We met him while he DJ'd for our friends wedding and knew who to contact once we got engaged. He was so flexible and met us several times to go over the reception, song lists, etc. He responded to my countless emails very quickly and was so reassuring that things would go smoothly. Our reception was a blast and our guests raved about him afterwards. I HIGHLY recommend Imperial DJ to all brides, as he clearly can accommodate all types of weddings and music styles!!

Dorinda · Married on 11/22/2014

Amazing definitely recommend!

Erika · Married on 10/11/2014

If you want a reception to be memorable, talk to Todd at imperial DJ entertainment! Our family is still raving about him to this day. Todd is great to work with and really knows how to read a crowd, I don't recall our dance floor being empty except for dinner! If you're looking for a DJ that is fun, energetic and makes you feel like you're a priority, give Todd a call!

Ariel · Married on 09/28/2014

Jon and I were SO grateful to have Todd as the DJ for our wedding. We've been to a lot of weddings recently and it becomes clear very quickly that the entertainment for the reception sets the mood and tone for the night - and we wouldn't have chosen any different than Imperial DJ Entertainment! Todd took the time, from a separate state, to meet with us over video chat and discuss our reception. We talked about types of music, specific songs, the reception demographic, and the feel we wanted for our night. He asked questions we didn't even think of to specialize the music to our liking and it ended up being perfect!

Todd is smooth and classy - a perfect mix of funny, sentimental, and outgoing. He had new dances to teach, the infamous shoe game that came at the perfect time in the reception to break things up and keep it interesting, and he glided in and out of the nuances of the reception effortlessly. At one point, Jon and I were wandering around saying our hello's in the venue (the dance floor wasn't in view) and we looked at each other and wondered if anyone was dancing, we walked over to where the dance floor was and saw it was BRIMMING with people having an awesome time! It was so fun to watch!

I read in the information on Todd's website that a large percentage of married couples wish they'd spent more money on and time searching for their reception entertainment and Todd was worth every penny! We would choose him again in a second. We heard great things from our guests about the night and all in all, it was exactly what we were looking for - our guests to have a fantastic time.

If you're looking for a DJ, look no further, everything about Imperial DJ Entertainment is professional, fun, and will be exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you Todd for making our reception absolutely perfect, no exaggeration needed, we are so thankful!

Todd at Imperial DJ did an superb job at our wedding reception. The music he played was great to dance to and our dance floor was never empty. He was able to get our guests transitioning well to other activities and played fun games. We especially liked that he did voice overs for our parent dances. That meant a lot to them. He also did our up lighting which made the venue look even better. Great service for a great price!

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Imperial DJ was absolutely incredible to work with! After interviewing several wedding DJ's, we discovered Imperial DJ online and decided to give them a shot. We met Todd for coffee; our first impressions were all positive. He made us feel comfortable, introduced some of his services and gave us some ideas. He made it all about us, wasn't pushy and didn't try to push us on any additional packages. Todd was very easy to talk to. The best part was that he specializes in weddings. This was a huge help, as he understood what we were going through. We obviously had never done this before, so he described in detail the layout of how a typical bride and groom usually wanted to run things while still giving us the freedom to do whatever we wanted.

Our guests loved the "kissing" game during the dinner hour. It was original, fun and got everybody involved. He was knowledgeable on popular wedding-party songs and what certain demographics would like to listen to throughout the night. Todd also introduced himself to our wedding party - this was a huge deal, as it made our guests comfortable with him and none of our other vendors did this. Our guests complimented us on the DJ service.

Besides getting married, we are very glad we researched lots of DJ services. It's one of the most important things the bride and groom will need to have a smooth, enjoyable time for everybody, yet seems to be overlooked many times (we have both been to a lot of weddings and have seen poor/choppy services). I can honestly say with confidence, you will not need to interview any other DJ if you go with Todd (Imperial DJ). You both will be completely satisfied and glad you went with his services. The quality of service is outstanding and you both will be content with the value of the service.

Shannon · Married on 07/05/2014

Todd did an amazing job for our 7/5/14 wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor until the very end. We still get comments on how great he was from our friends and family. I have and will recommend imperial dj to others! Thanks for helping us make our day amazing! -Shannon and Mike Deane

It was important to my husband and I that we picked a DJ for our wedding who took more of an MC/host role to keep guests entertained and the night running smoothly... Imperial DJ did just this! He was easy to keep in contact with, met with us in person to plan, and allowed us to develop a playlist that would reflect our values and style. He kept the dance floor packed from the first through the final song! We would have benefitted from meeting with Todd one last time to communicate final details, but he was able to make our night flow seamlessly and any little kinks go unnoticeable!

Kimmie and Ryan · Married on 11/16/2013

We couldn't be happier with Todd at Imperial DJ Entertainment. Our wedding reception was so much fun - everyone still talks about how great the dancing was. I'm pretty positive he got EVERYONE, including my 93 year old Grandmother, on the dance floor. Thank you for making our day so special!

Never let down!!!

There are a lot of weddings that you can attend throughout a lifetime. Most times there are 2 major things most of your guest remember at weddings: the food and the music (or in other words, was it a great time?) Todd at Imperial DJ can always promise you a FANTASTIC time. Imperial DJ did my wedding and I have been to several others with the same company with Todd as the DJ. Every single time has been different, fun, and memorable! When working with Todd for my own wedding, he was very flexible with what we wanted to do, but also helped give us ideas of things we could incorporate into the reception. I was certainly impressed with him as my DJ. Not only that, but each wedding I go to where he is DJ, my expectations are never let down.

I would suggest Imperial DJ for any wedding, or really, any event that needed music!

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2013

Imperial DJ Entertainment did such a wonderful job at my wedding reception! I truly can't say enough... DJ Todd met with my groom and I before hand to make sure that he was well-informed about the flow of the reception and to find out what we wanted to include to make our reception personal. The up lighting he did in our banquet hall made the room look INCREDIBLE. I would highly recommend the games that he offers as well! Everything that Imperial DJ Entertainment did, from beginning to end, was elegant, professional and VERY entertaining for my guests. Stop looking for DJ's, you've found the right one here!

Jonathan · Married on 09/14/2013

I highly recommend Imperial DJ because not only is it one of the best DJs I have experienced but they also made my wedding day way less stressful. They took care of everything ahead of time and added no stress to the day. They also did everything we asked and more. Everyone at our reception had a great time. We received a ton of comments letting us know it was one of the funnest receptions our guests attended in a long time. His high quality sound equipment and lights are a nice touch. They also know how to interact with the guests at the reception, they get people laughing, dancing, and to have fun. They are worth every penny!

Courtney · Married on 08/24/2013

Todd did such a great job for our wedding! He was fun and energetic! Todd worked with us as we had to plan and arrange every detail of out wedding from thousands of miles away! The games he led were AWESOME!!!! So creative and everyone enjoyed them! GREAT JOB Todd and team!
    -Courtney and Stephen!

I really can't say enough about this DJ! He was extremely professional and gave us the exact reception we wanted; even last minute changes days before the wedding were no problem. Afterward, guests complimented us on our excellent choice of entertainment. Highly recommend this vendor.

Kristen · Married on 06/29/2013

Todd was awesome and made it so easy to plan out the musical details of our wedding, even from the other side of the country! He was knowledgeable and able to tailor the sequence of events to fit our needs and vision for the day. Todd was able to keep the reception flowing, but in a pretty inconspicuous manner, had a great song selection and even introduced us to a couple of new dances! I would definitely recommend Imperial DJ to anyone in need of dj services.

Susan · Married on 11/03/2012

Todd was great and I highly recommend him!!! I told him I wanted a packed dance floor all night long and that is what we got until the very end! We actually had to tell him to wind things down because we were so tired and couldn't keep up with our guests all night. He was professional and played great music. I gave him a list before hand of a bunch of songs I like and I definitely heard him working them in all throughout the night. I also really like that he leads the choreographed dances. I've been to other weddings where they just turn into a huge mess. He even did one that I didn't know of. He dressed for the occasion which I really appreciated. I've been to a wedding before where the DJ had a mullet and it just took something away from the elegance of the wedding... We're really happy we went with Todd for our DJ. I can't see anyone being unhappy with him!

Todd was the perfect dj for our wedding. He was easy to reach through out the planning months and from the beginning had great ideas. He listened to our ideas took them and made them even better I couldnt imagine our day with out him. He helped to make the planning process easy and stress free. He had everyone on the dance floor getting involved and having a great time. Its been 3 months since our wedding and I still have guests raving about our DJ!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2012

Todd made every effort to ensure that our wedding reception was a huge success. During the initial consultation, he immediately put us at ease by suggesting a number of ideas to keep our guests engaged and entertained. He was available whenever we needed him leading up to our event, and took the time to make sure all the details were covered. During our reception, Todd did an amazing job of keeping things moving and choreographing all the events we had requested. Our guests all complimented us on how much fun they had, and we gladly took credit for all his creativity and hard work :) We couldn't recommend him more highly!

Kate · Married on 06/09/2012

Todd and his team were absolutely excellent. He listened to what my husband and I wanted for our big day and made suggestions about what he thought might work with the feel of our wedding. During the reception, he made sure we were having fun, which is so rare for a DJ to really take the time and ensure you are having the time of your life. Todd really was a huge part of the success of our wedding and I wouldn't have wanted any other DJ. In fact, a friend who attended our wedding loved the way Todd worked, she booked him for her wedding next October!

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2011

We didn't meet with Imperial DJ until a couple months before the wedding because we lived out of state. My Mom found him and said we couldn't let him get away because his personality was so energetic and fun...she was right! The up-lighting he provided gave the reception the finishing touch of elegance, and the music selection made for the best party and dancing we could have asked for. Many guests tell us they still talk about our wedding over a year later when we see them! Much of it has to do with the careful planning and collaboration with the bride and groom to ensure that everything we want is included, from specific songs we want to hear, to certain games we want played, and the order we want everything done in. He truly caters to the bride and groom and part of why I think he is so good at it is because he sincerely enjoys it and takes pride in making that special day memorable.

Kimberly · Married on 07/30/2011

Incredible DJ! Todd was the perfect dj for my wedding reception! He was very flexible and great on the spot when I asked him to announce last minute changes. He kept everything flowing smoothly and kept the dancing alive all night even after we left the reception! He is willing to travel too!! I highly recommend him to any bride to be!

Kelly · Married on 06/17/2011

My husband and I can not say enough about Imperial DJ. From our very first meeting with Todd we knew we had chosen the right DJ. He was very personable and really cared about making our day a special one. The day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a thing. He was very professional and coordinated the nights entertainment seamlessly. One of the most memorable moments of the night was the father daughter dance when my dad surprised me with a personal song recorded by his band. Imperial DJ incorporated this event as well as our many song requests and personalized games to make the night ours and unforgettable.

Miriam · Married on 08/16/2009

I very highly recommend hiring Imperial DJ for any special event you may be hosting, especially weddings. The first time I experienced their services was when I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding. They obviously had spent time with bride and groom in order to make their reception personal, fun and enjoyable for everyone there. I'd never been to any wedding reception that had such unique and involved games to play. Not to mention the genuine and hilarious humor Todd will throw in as he smoothly transitions from one thing to the next. He also delivers good music to both listen and dance to so when it came time for my wedding the decision was obvious when it came to choosing DJ and entertainment for my reception.

He added such a professional and personal touch while being extremely easy going at the same time, something that is hard to find. When we ran into a few problems with our space and no air conditioning he was extremely gracious and still made it possible and easy for everyone to have a good time.

My siblings and I a few years later threw a big birthday party for our mother and knew that we just had to have Imperial DJ provide our music and entertainment. What a blast we had! This would not have been possible without Todd and Imperial DJ. It's very clear that he was meant to have this career. You will NOT be disappointed!

Laura · Married on 06/20/2009

Todd was absolutely great! He is the perfect balance - outgoing, but not obnoxious. :)
    Thanks so much Todd!

Melissa · event on: 08/30/2014

Our wedding was August 30th. Like most weddings, we had a ton of last minute details to email Todd about in the days before. He took all of these in stride and was able to accommodate every request we had!!! We were so appreciative of Todd catering specifically to us (me and my groom) the whole night, and playing exactly what we wanted! Tons of people tried to request certain songs that were not on our list that we had provided, and Todd stayed true to us and did not play anything we had not requested. He was able to roll with the punches if I asked him to change a song (even if it was one I had personally requested the week before). Everything was fantastic and we are so grateful for Imperial DJ's professionalism and talent :)