Imperial Designs Reviews

Imperial Designs 3
Imperial Designs 4
Imperial Designs 5

Michelle Stockman · Married on 11/16/2019

Planned and coordinated our wedding

We hired Susan as our wedding planner and dayof coordinator for our November wedding she was tremendous at every task we threw her way. She was on time in every meeting, rehearsal and day of. She offered us unlimited consultation and always helped us with things that weren't even in the contract. Susan and her team knew how to handle our multicultural and traditional wedding. Our biggest concern were some of our families but Susan was firm on her plan and timeline and she excuted the wedding like no one could which is exactly what we were looking for. I would always recommend her and her team.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Imperial Designs's reply:

Thanks Michelle. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We had a great 9months planning your beautiful elegant wedding. Your guests and families were amazing and everyone helped out alot. Thank you once again and good luck to you and Jacob

Mina Harrington · Married on 11/10/2019

Wedding venue decorations

I hired Imperial Design to do the decorations for my Wedding Reception on 11/10/19. It was such a great experience working with Susan. She is very kind and flexible. I was looking for a simple decorum package that would work based on my budget. Susan worked with my budget and offered me different packages and examples of different designs. Eventually, with Susan’s help and care, I was able to select a decor style that at the same time worked with my budget. Thank you Susan. I really loved the decor style in my Wedding Reception and everything was designed the way you and I planned and discussed prior to the wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Hi Mina

Thank you very much for giving us this great review it means so much to us. We are glad you were pleased with our work and hopefully we will continue to provide our services to all our clients. Good luck to you and Matt

Amin Haider · Married on 10/19/2019

Decorations

We were referred to sosan thru a family friend and She was hired to do my sister's wedding decorations. Everything was great and she also did a mockup of one guest table 3 months prior to the wedding with this she showed us our aisle runner, candles, headtable decor, stage decor etc. Will definitely hire her again as she was flexible with her hours and very professional. Most of our guest complemented the decor. Good luck to her and her team

Sent on 11/18/2019

Imperial Designs's reply:

Thanks amin! I'm so glad you liked everything. We appreciate you and your feedback. Good luck to your beautiful sister Muqduda and her hubby Shayun

Raihanna Ismael · Married on 09/14/2019

Free wedding unlimited consultations

We hired Susan for our multicultral wedding decorations and coordination. She offered us free unlimited consultations and they really took care of every task from start to finish. She made sure all our guests and vendors were taken care of. We'll definitely recommend her as we are very pleased with her service. Thanks Susan and good luck for the future

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • F

F · Married on 07/06/2019

Susan is incredible.

Susan and her team were incredible to work with. We hired Susan as our day-of planner, and I can honestly say that my wedding day would not have gone off as well as it has, if I had to do it all on my own. She was everything we needed her to be, and she made sure the vision and schedule we had in mind was followed through. She was also respectful of our multi-cultural wedding and needs. She was involved, she stayed in communication, and was able to hand some of our more difficult guests. She is wonderful at figuring out logistics, and she made sure everything went well during the wedding! I can't say enough incredible things about Susan! She was my rock and peace of mind on the day of our wedding, and I would recommend her for any major event!!!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Imperial Designs's reply:

Thank you so much Funmi. I apologise for the late reply it has been quite busy and came across the review again. It was an amazing night and one of my favourite weddings. Good luck to you and Jake.

Regine · Married on 03/16/2019

Simply Amazing!!!!!

I can’t tell how Amazing it’s an experience that I would do over and over again eyes closed. Sosan was on time and made my vision come to life. Thank you so much for guiding and helping make this the best Birthday Party for my Husband.

Imperial Designs 6
    Imperial Designs 7
    Imperial Designs 8
    Imperial Designs 9
    Imperial Designs 10
    Sent on 03/24/2019

Lohith · Married on 01/12/2019

Awesome!!!

It was very nice working with Susan. I had worked with her for my sister’s baby shower. She was very helpful. She helps design and plan around any budget. She is very professional and we were really happy and impressed by the way the event was designed and decorated. She looked into everything from the even decorations , utensils , gifts and the cake. I would surely recommend her to anyone planning an event. Thank you Susan for making our event beautiful👍🏻

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • I

Iqraa · Married on 07/15/2018

Amazing detailed work

Everything was according to my wishes and turned out really really amazing. The details on the tables, front stage and lighting. The colour co-coordination matching my dress to the venue was really well done.

Thank you.
    I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Boom · Married on 07/15/2018

Excellent Service

Arranged my wedding with amazing designs from small to large details and with great efforts.. very happy of their service .. would reccomend it to anyone

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Diana

Diana Pardo · Married on 04/13/2019

Cherry blossom DC wedding

Sosan Took care of our cherry blossom wedding reception at a home in Mount Vernon by the Potomac River. After all that was said and done the wedding turned out beautiful. Our guests enjoyed themselves and thought that everything was set up beautifully and flawlessly. However, there was a lot of mistakes and misunderstandings that we could’ve been better prepared for. It could have possibly been that I am not from the DC area and had to come from North Carolina or Our busy schedules in order to D conflict all the details. Sozan was very sweet And tried her best to create a special day with her team. Thank goodness we had Marines to assist, which made the mistakes undetectable to me the bride. We discussed everything after the wedding the next day and I gave her my feedback from the events. We agreed there were mistakes and some of those unknown details that didn’t go as planned but she did received them well. I do wish Sozan luck in the future with her and her team.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Timothy

Timothy · Married on 11/09/2019

2.2
      3.0

Has a lot to learn

Unfortunately, there were many mistakes that happened during our ceremony that created a lot of disappointments along with stress and anxiety on our wedding day. Susan appears to run a tight ship, very focused on the timeline, however on the day of our wedding BIG important elements were completely over looked. Our unity candle was not on stage during the ceremony, we were not told why or given any warning before our wedding ceremony began, so we had to make adjustments live during our ceremony. There were huge miscues between Susan and our DJ for the ceremony music. My sister, told me, it was almost like she forgot she needed to tell the DJ the cues. Another guest told me she saw the photographer run out of the room to let the DJ or our coordinator know that the music needed to be turned off. To be on stage while all this was happening (music not turning off, discovering the unity candle wasn't present), caused a lot of stress and anxiety about how the rest of wedding was going to go. Miscues of music continued leaving our ceremony as well. Susan is aware of these disappointments (and more not mentioned in this review), and through email she took accountability of these actions and wrote she would issue us a partial refund for her mistakes. However, since that email we have yet to hear from her, or how she plans on giving us the refund. Up until this time, we have not received the refund she said she would give us. I would be very cautions in dealing with Susan.
    We had her do some decor for our ceremony which turned out very lovely, but I feel as though she may have bitten off more than she can chew (being in charge of decor and coordinating services).

Sent on 11/17/2019

Hi Timothy
    Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate it very much. As previously discussed, your ceremony miscues was due to miscommunication caused by technical issues. I had your unity candle ready on the sweetheart table and one of my staff was addressed to take it to the stage unfortunately she failed to do so and I take full responsibility for that. I apologise for not informing you as I was coordinating the bridal party to the ceremony room from the bridal holding room therefore I wasnt aware of it until i went inside the ceremonial room. I literally stood there for less than a minute and realised the music is playing while pastor is talking and I had to leave and run to the other room to find out why the music is being played. The rest of the wedding went according to our and your plan and schedule. From the time we arrived to the time we left we fulfilled all the duties you appointed us for including the setup and breakdown and much more. Our only mistakes was the unity candle while the miscues of the ceremonial music was caused due to technical issues and miscommunication. I replied to cheryl's email right away and notified her that i spoke to the DJ about all these issues and we both like to issue full or partial refund however I was waiting for cheryl to reply back to my email and confirm the amount of the refund but she never did. I also replied to your email few days ago and wanted to meetup or discuss things over phone multiple times but you and cheryl never confirmed it with me.
    I'm available monday to friday 10am to 3pm and 7pm to 9pm to schedule meetings in person or over the phone. Again, I apologise for the disappointments and failures on our behalf but there are things we cannot tackle such as technical issues with headsets, speakers, power lines, mics etc. That being said we thrive to learn more and improve our services thru our clients feedbacks.
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/17/2019

1.0

I believe this person is a fraud

Sosan ruined my wedding,
    -1st she went around asking my father, grandmother and other guest for money after she was paid in full before the event.
    -She was 3 hours late to my rehearsal, 5 hours late to my wedding, she was late meeting with the officiant the venue coordinator ended up doing a tour with them
    -I dont believe the revenues on here are real. as a coordinator myself there are basic things she did not know how to do. I only hired her because I was new to the area and have not built up my own team
    -She pissed off all of my vendors, the venue is offering a free day to recreate events that did not take place due to her incompetence. The caterer gave me my money back because they lost their professionalism arguing with Sosan. Its a problem when the venue and all of the vendors got into it with the coordinator, all she kept saying is that she is a coordinator not a planner. Guest what the planning was done, we needed a coordinator to make sure everything ran smoothly the day of. Sosan could not do that.
    *She yelled and scream at my guest, she locked by guest out of the ceremony.
    -Her so called staffed watched my flower girl almost fall down the stairs. Her staff what the ones controlling the entrance for the bridal party
    -She brought 2 people with her, one did not speak and the other I dont know what she was there for
    -My timeline was completely backwards,
    -My male cousin ended up doing the coordinating because Sosan was no where to be found.
    -Because Sosan was not there to meet the vendors and ensure things were set up properly, no one knew were anything was, most of the decor was in boxes in the storage, Sosan knew this from our meetings and she did not make sure the vendors got the things they needed.
    -I still cannot believe how horrible my day was, my guest knew about every fight she had with each vendor. If it was not for my husband and my bridal party trying to shield me from her bull crap I would have lost time. My husband and his friends did everything they could do to keep our guest entertained.
    -Sosan does not have a customer service personality, she solicited money from my guest and tried to bods around the guest and my vendors.
    -As a planner there is way to talk to people, there is a way to get people to work together, in the end I see she was after getting as much money as she could.

It has been a week since my wedding and I am still pissed off, I hope this review makes sense for people. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I dont want anyone else to have my same experience

Sent on 08/29/2019

Hi Niki
    Hope you're doing great and thank you for rating our services. At Imperial Designs our client's satisfaction is our priority number one. We are devastated to know you had such a bad experience with us. We are usually known for our great customer service and attention to detail in everything that we do. We tried to get a hold of you so many times via email and phone calls so we could discuss your concerns and remove all misunderstandings. However, you refused to answer our emails and calls but we feel it is unfair not to point out our side of story. Therefore, I'll try to be as specific to detail as I can.
    Firstly, you appointed us as your day-of coordinator without including any setups or breakdown. For an event of 100 guests you only need 2 to 3 coordinators meaning my number of staff was just on point. We did not ask anyone for any money and that is a complete false accusation we are happy to confront or go to any court for this as we are running a business and not a joke.
    Secondly, when I met you you had told me your profession and it definitely wasnt a wedding coordinator or a planner. A professional wedding planner plans a wedding and pays attention to every little detail and provides a selection of professionals to do the job. Unfortunately, you had planned your own wedding without paying attention to detail and without hiring professionals to do the work for example there were no waiters to pass drinks, you were unaware of your venue schedules on your day-of, no water, ice, coolers for your outdoor wedding on a hot day, no staff to cut your cake or serve or store, no staff to clean the guest tables, your friends and family had to clean, set up and breakdown which is why they weren't so happy about it and complained countless times, they even blamed me for planning the wedding without having staff to do the work. I made it clear that I'm your day-of coordinator and not your wedding planner and that I was not paid to provide staff to do setup or breakdown or clean-up. A wedding is roughly 6 to 8 hours max how was I late 5 hours? If that was the case I would have been asked to leave immediately. I was not late to your wedding rehearsal I was there and we did go thru each step.
    On your wedding timeline, I set 4+ hours for photos and that's not including the photos for the ceremony, reception or first look. Therefore, for any wedding 4+ hrs is more than what a bride, groom and photographer.
    I have amazing reviews on every site for our work and dedication. I can provide all my brides names and contact details for anyone to meet and confirm our professionalism. I also emailed and texted you weeks prior to the wedding to send me a list of all the items and decorations you'll be providing or using during wedding and you kept declining. Your aunt was suppose to decorate she didnt come to the venue till 3pm we had to do her bit of decorations.
    The vendors and guests we coordinated were satisfied with our business some even took our business cards and some vendors are in the process of working with us. Infact one of your guests contact us for their wedding.
    My staff and I ticked everything in the box and we took on every duty that was given to us including the ones that weren't on the contract. For example, we cut and serve your cake when no one did, we provided water to your guests when there was none, we setup and breakdown your wedding decor without charging you any additional fees, we had to collect your trash and dispose it plus many other duties that weren't in the contract. Therefore, we are surprised to see a 1 star rating from you with such a negative review. We take care of our client's needs and their satisfaction is our satisfaction. We stand by our services and dedication we know that you are not fully aware of what really happened during your wedding as you were busy enjoying your wedding therefore please do contact us on 5713153799 or sosan@imperialdesignsllc.com if you like to discuss furthermore. we are happy to help anyone with any questions regarding your wedding we have your vendor contracts and our emails as well as text msgs to prove our commitment. If anything you mentioned above was true you would've contacted us by any means instead of rejecting our calls and emails.